Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,009 members, 7,849,071 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 02:12 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7899) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11854181 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7896) (7897) (7898) (7899) (7900) (7901) (7902) ... (16246) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Embell: 9:17am On Dec 07, 2019
Icon4s:
START VOTING NOW!

NAIRALAND NIGERIAN FOOTBALL FANS AWARDS 2019

Vote for only one player in each award category by simply mentioning ONLY the name of that player under the category. Eg:
1. Nigerian Player of the Year:
Xxxxx Xxxxxx
2. NPFL player of the Year:
Xxxxx Xxxxxx.
You may quote/copy and edit this post to make it an easier process for you.

PLEASE COPY THE MONIKERS COPIED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST

Voting Closes on the 16th of December, 2019 @ 6PM (Nig Time)

Full List of Nominees:

- Victor Osimhen
- Odion Ighalo
- Wilfred Ndidi

- Ifeanyi Anaemena
- Mfon Udoh
- Theophilus Afelokhai

3. Most Impactful New Inclusion (2019):
- Joe Ayodele-Aribo
- Dennis Emmanuel Bonaventure
- Maduka Okoye

4. Best Ogedengbe Super Eagles Best Goal Keeper of the Year:
- Francis Uzoho
- Daniel Akpeyi
- Maduka Okoye

5. Stephen Keshi Best Defender of the Year:
- William Troost-Ekong
- Kenneth Omeruo
- Ola Aina

6. Samuel Okwaraji Best Midfielder of the Year:
- Wilfred Ndidi
- Joe Ayodele-Aribo
- Alex Iwobi

7. Rashidi Yekini Best Attacking player of the Year:
- Odion Ighalo
- Victor Osimhen
- Samuel Chukwueze

8. Most improved player (2019):
- Victor Osimhen
- Ola Aina
- Chidozie Awaziem

9. Young Player of the Year (U-21):
- Francis Uzoho
- Victor Osimhen
- Samuel Chukwueze

10. Best performing Foreign born Prospect of the year:
-Eberechi Ezeh
- Cyriel Dessers
- Ovie Edjaria

11. Super Falcons Player of the Year:
- Chiamaka Nnadozie
- Azeezat Oshoala
- Francisca Ordega

12. Super Eagles Goal of the Year:
- Samuel Kalu vs Benin( 2021 AFCON qualifiers)
- Paul Onuachu vs Egypt (Friendly)
- Joe Aribo vs Brazil (Friendly)

13. Best assist of the Year:
- Osimhen for Chukwueze versus Lesotho ( 2021 AFCON qualifiers)
- Aina for Ighalo vs Burundi (2019 AFCON)
- Musa for Ighalo vs Cameroon ( 2019 AFCON)

14. National Team of the Year:
- The Super Falcons
- The Super Eagles
- The Golden Eaglets

CC: Tbaba1234, Safarigirl, Komekn, Bascovanveli, TheSuperNerd, Andrewbaba44, forgiveness, Icon4s.

- Wilfred Ndidi

- Mfon Udoh

- Joe Ayodele-Aribo

- Daniel Akpeyi

- William Troost-Ekong

- Wilfred Ndidi

- Odion Ighalo

- Victor Osimhen

- Samuel Chukwueze

-Eberechi Ezeh

- Azeezat Oshoala

- The Super Eagles

CC: Tbaba1234, Safarigirl, Komekn, Bascovanveli, TheSuperNerd, Andrewbaba44, forgiveness, Icon4s.[/quote]
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:24am On Dec 07, 2019
- Wilfred Ndidi

- Mfon Udoh

- Joe Ayodele-Aribo

- Daniel Akpeyi

- William Troost-Ekong

- Wilfred Ndidi

- Victor Osimhen

- Ola Aina

- Samuel Chukwueze

-Cyriel Dessers

- Chiamaka Nnadozie

- Samuel Kalu vs Benin Republic(2021 AFCON qualifiers)

- The Super Eagles

CC: Tbaba1234, Safarigirl, Komekn, Bascovanveli, TheSuperNerd, Andrewbaba44, forgiveness, Icon4s.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:42am On Dec 07, 2019
- Wilfred Ndidi

- Ifeanyi Anaemena

- Joe Ayodele-Aribo

- Daniel Akpeyi

- William Troost-Ekong

- Wilfred Ndidi

- Odion Ighalo

- Ola Aina

- Samuel Chukwueze

-Eberechi Ezeh

- Chiamaka Nnadozie

- The Super Eagles

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:49am On Dec 07, 2019
Ademola Lookman keeps World Cup options open as he waits on England
RB Leipzig’s forward discusses his ‘serious decision’ for 2022, who he turns to in tough times and listening to Denzel Washington
When Ademola Lookman has felt in need of reassurance – and there have been a few such occasions over the years – he calls up two men who know him better than almost anyone.

Des and Felix coached him from the ages of 11 to 16, during an extended teeth-cutting process playing Sunday league football for Waterloo FC, and beyond that he has counted both as “mentors” for as long as he can remember. If uncertainty began to take root during those teenage years they would put him straight immediately, keeping his focus trained on the dream that had always consumed him.

“I wanted to be playing in an academy and, as time went on, I was thinking: ‘Time’s catching up, when’s it going to happen?’” he says. “Sometimes I’d be like: ‘Maybe it won’t work out for me.’ And they’d quickly go: ‘What are you talking about? God’s given you this talent for a reason, don’t ever give up on it.’

In defence of RB Leipzig
“Them reminding me what I have is always refreshing. Even if there’s that second of doubt where you’re saying, ‘I’m not too sure’, they’re always like: ‘No, no, no, we didn’t start off [playing football] to doubt ourselves, we do it properly, we do it because we back ourselves no matter what the situation is.’”

AdvertisementHide
It is a sentiment that comes to mind now because this is not the easiest of times. Lookman has just come inside from an hour and a half’s training with RB Leipzig and, make no mistake, he has looked the part out there. In an 11-a-side match crammed into two-thirds of a pitch and containing its fair share of hard knocks, he has scored a couple of sharp finishes and to the naked eye has responded well to Julian Nagelsmann’s constant demands for “intensität”. But on a match day, when it really matters, Lookman has had only 201 minutes all season. Leipzig, a point off the Bundesliga summit, are flying but on a personal level the move he sought for more than a year has yet to catch light.

“This time around it’s definitely different,” says Lookman, whose loan from Everton in the second half of 2017-18 brought five goals, a series of sparkling performances and a clamour for his return. “The first time it was like a leap of faith, but this time it’s more like ‘go’ time. The club has changed, the team is stronger – a lot stronger – and there’s a new coach, so it’s something I have to adapt to.”

It was, he says, a “no-brainer” to come back in July when the clubs finally agreed a fee. Last season it had been hard, initially, to get over the disappointment when Everton rejected two offers. “At the beginning it was,” he says. “But then thinking of that was hurting me. If I was thinking, ‘I wish I was there’ then I’d be like, ‘How’s that going to help my situation now?’” He knuckled down and received some reassurances from Marco Silva but a breakthrough never really came. Only three starts in the league ensued and he admits it was hard, at times, to wonder what was going wrong when those ahead of him were hardly firing on all cylinders.

That was another situation in which Des and Felix, who stopped him going “off-topic”, proved invaluable. Their advice appears to work because Lookman, for all the stop-start nature of his career to date, hardly seems low on confidence. He talks fondly and at length about Waterloo, a club set up two decades ago to provide a supportive and inclusive community for youngsters in disadvantaged parts of Lambeth and Southwark, but in the same breath as recalling the leaf-strewn, bobbly, sloped pitch of his youth he is unhesitant in stating: “This is my stage now.”

Ademola Lookman in action against Schalke this season.
Ademola Lookman in action against Schalke this season. Photograph: Dpa Picture Alliance/Alamy
The players who came through at Waterloo were “a bunch of brothers”, he remembers. “We were a top team. Dead serious. All should be playing at a top level; all 16 of us, including the subs, were good enough. Some of them are now in uni or working and some of them are playing football part-time.”

AdvertisementHide
He was picked up by Charlton after a trial game in 2013, reaching the first team within a little over two years. Looking back he wonders whether his truncated formal football education has held him back in some way. “Yes and no. There are some things I’d love to have learned. Tactically there are things I’m not too sure about and I’d definitely have learned that inside an academy. But there was never a time when I wasn’t getting coached. I was playing with my friends and that was cool.”

Much of Lookman’s conversation is lighthearted, peppered with little asides that underscore his confidence in things coming good. Nagelsmann, the prodigious 32-year-old coach, has told him “to play with freedom” and encouraged him to back his ability. “If I have to think about what I’m going to do I don’t do it well,” he says. “When I’m instinctive I do things off the cuff and it just comes naturally.”

There is some thinking to do, though, where his international future is concerned. A senior England call looks far off, even though he seemed primed for that when he shone in the Under-20 World Cup win two years ago, and Nigeria – his parents’ homeland – remains an option. The England setup keep in occasional contact but he knows he has “a serious decision” to make with the 2022 World Cup in mind. “I’ve not changed my mind [on wanting to represent England] but I’m open and it’s good to have different opportunities,” he says. In three years’ time he will be “not at my peak but good, very good” – that self-belief again – and it is something he wants to demonstrate in Qatar.

Ademola Lookman celebrates with the trophy and England teammates after winning the Under-20 World Cup in 2017.
Ademola Lookman celebrates with the trophy and England teammates after winning the Under-20 World Cup in 2017. Photograph: Alex Morton/FIFA via Getty Images
By then he will hope to have proved his worth at Leipzig. Life under Nagelsmann has meant adapting to a possession-based style that informed onlookers say is as complex as any they have seen. After a long pause he agrees he has never quite worked in conditions like these but the winter break is coming and the expectation is he will receive far more game time from January.

During those weeks off he will develop himself off the pitch too: when he is alone in his apartment he reads assiduously and enjoys watching speeches and lectures by people who inspire him, with Denzel Washington a current favourite.

“I just like to learn about different people,” he says. “Even if I watch something 10 times, every time I’ll learn something different, take it and use it.”

The relative quiet of Leipzig sits well with Lookman. Despite the frustration of the last five months he is certain he is in the right place, even if young English players have not always taken easily to a continental setting.

“Yeah, it’s happened,” he says. “But in my case it was successful first time, and this time it will be even more successful.”

Source - The Guardian.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:58am On Dec 07, 2019
safarigirl:
do you think Dominic is better than our current CBs? I greatly disagree when you say we don't have quality CBs.

Let us stop dreaming about Fikayo, there is no scenario where Fikayo pledges allegiance to Nigeria,so, let us try to live in the reality. If you can tell us eligible players in the CB role, better than what we currently have, that would be helpful
My beautiful sister,any good addition to me is acceptable.

Oh just using Fikayo as a case when you said Iorfa can be chilling for now cos we have 4 CBs meaning if Fikayo is available he too can chill.

On our CBs quality, well my opinion they are average.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 10:18am On Dec 07, 2019
I relish the prospect of chukwueze working under BRENDAN Rodgers..but I dont mean soaking up knowledge oooo

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:21am On Dec 07, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Coutinho and suarez leaving Liverpool looks impossible but we all saw what happened

not true!!
Suarez wanted to leave even before the season we almost won the league,if not that arsenal offered chicken change for him, he would have left..
As for Coutinho, Liverpool had no intention of selling him.. he wanted the move!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:59am On Dec 07, 2019
Danielnino00:

not true!!
Suarez wanted to leave even before the season we almost won the league,if not that arsenal offered chicken change for him, he would have left..
As for Coutinho, Liverpool had no intention of selling him.. he wanted the move!

Bro the point is when barca comes calling any player will wanna leave and to make it worst is when you know your position is vacant at Barcelona and your salary will be higher

For examply If barca comes calling for mane tomorrow and the position is vacant, Liverpool will only make it hard but wont stop him from moving

Look at coutinho earning almost same salary with luis suarez
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:23am On Dec 07, 2019
Flashback to Iheanacho's winning strike....

Jordan Pickford somehow knew it was already game-over by the time Iheanacho lined it up... grin

That look on his face says it all....

Hoping for more of such for the rest of our Naija stars in action this weekend after Osimhen and Chukwueze served us a sweet appetizer for the weekend action.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:34am On Dec 07, 2019
andrewbaba44:
According to whoscored Chukwueze and Anguissa was rated best villareal player against ATM, in the whole game only renan Lodi had a better rating then them.
Lol, but they said Chuks was using Lodi as training cone, how come he had a better rating

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:35am On Dec 07, 2019
jihday:
Lol, but they said Chuks was using Lodi as training cone, how come he had a better rating

I no watch the game sha, but lodi was man of the match, so i no really understand them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:35am On Dec 07, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Quincy promes is competent, also Huntelaar is still doing things at 36
These ones are clowns na, you can't mention Top 10 strikers on Europe and start mentioning these ones
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 07, 2019
Rockyrascal:
athletico Madrid will be very possible...i think he was linked with a move sometimes last summer.

Joao Felix, Lemar..

Atletico is not the club for an attacking player

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:38am On Dec 07, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Me: I have personally been following Adebayo's showings for a while now. And I have been well aware of Tobias Lawal. So many players I keep tabs on but I don't mention them so often.

Rohr List The Two Goalkeepers He Is Scouting Ahead Of Super Eagles Games In March

A new goalkeeper might be in the squad of the senior national team of Nigeria when they regroup for their engagement next year according to coach of the team Gernot Rohr, Owngoalnigeria.com can exclusively reveal.

Rohr is presently without the services of his first choice goalkeeper Francis Uzoho who is out injured after picking up an injury in the 1-1 friendly draw against Brazil in November.

In his absence, Kaizer Chiefs goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi was in goal for the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers games against Benin Republic and Lesotho respectively which Nigeria won 2-1 and 4-2 to begin their campaign on a sound note.

Rohr who revealed he almost played Fortuna Dusseldorf II goalkeeper Maduka Okoye in one of the games has now confirmed that he watched two goalkeepers before deciding against calling them up for the games.

”Two new goalkeepers were scouted by us and at least one would have made it but we decided against it because of some factors that I can’t tell. However we are still looking at them. One is in Israel playing regularly for a second division team Hapoel Katamon while the other plays for a team in Austria in the second division”, Rohr said.

The goalkeepers in question is the duo of Adebayo Adeleye who has been ever present for promotion chasing Israel second division side Hapoel Katamon. They are presently 3rd on the log after 13 games and he has kept goal in all but one of their games.

Tobias Lawal ‎is the other goalkeeper talked about by Rohr. The 19 year old is on the books of LASK but presently turns out for the B team of the club and he has been ever present in the team this season with 35 appearances to his name. Although born in Austria he wouldn’t be needing any document from FIFA to play for Nigeria as he is yet to play for Austria at any level.

Source: OGN

Below are the pics of the two goalies...

Pics 1 & 2: Tobias Okiki Lawal

Pics 3 & 4: Adebayo Adeleye (3 is recent. 4 is when he was my younger in the U-17 camp).
Thanks for the last pic before some people start saying he's nothing less than 54 yrs old
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 11:38am On Dec 07, 2019
Icon4s:
START VOTING NOW!

Full List of Nominees:

- Odion Ighalo

- Mfon Udoh

- Joe Ayodele-Aribo

- Daniel Akpeyi

- William Troost-Ekong

- Wilfred Ndidi

- Victor Osimhen

- Victor Osimhen

- Victor Osimhen

- Cyriel Dessers

- Chiamaka Nnadozie

- Samuel Kalu vs Benin( 2021 AFCON qualifiers)

- The Super Eagles

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:40am On Dec 07, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Bro the point is when barca comes calling any player will wanna leave and to make it worst is when you know your position is vacant at Barcelona and your salary will be higher

For examply If barca comes calling for mane tomorrow and the position is vacant, Liverpool will only make it hard but wont stop him from moving

Oga, Mane will not leave Liverpool for barca. Only a player like Salah would do that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:42am On Dec 07, 2019
jihday:

The thing is; if you like dribble 10 players, if no goal comes out of it, it only damages your rating further. As for me, I don't rate all these dribbles that many here shout and clamour for. Chuka needs to start scoring himself if toko ekambi won't

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:43am On Dec 07, 2019
andrewbaba44:

You only wish you had Mane but he isn't going to barca.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 07, 2019
Blueelf:

Oga, Mane will not leave Liverpool for barca. Only a player like Salah would do that

Youdonknowwarrisgoingon grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:44am On Dec 07, 2019
Kog45:
Are they good enough?cos keeping for 2nd division clubs in Isreal and Austria not good enough for SE,reason why i frowned at Maduka invitation.

Do we need to blame Rohr for not scounting from home ground when we have a very poor league

Exactly my brother. All these second division keepers from leagues that ate already obscure makes no sense

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:45am On Dec 07, 2019
Rockyrascal:
athletico Madrid will be very possible...i think he was linked with a move sometimes last summer.

Athletico Madrid isn't a club for an attacking player. I'd rather Semi Ajayi or Ekong join them than a young Chukwueze. That their coach isn't an attacking coach at all

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:47am On Dec 07, 2019
ChrisKels:

No, u are wrong here, what we have isn't sufficient enough. We should be looking to improve the team at every given opportunity. If Iorfa or anyone else comes in to prove better than what we already have, then the inferior one should step aside.

I am excited about the prospect of having Iorfa and I would also welcome any of the German boys. Nothing wrong with having a competitive large pool to keep each and every competitor on his toes.

BTW, I don't rate calamity Omeruo

Exactly. However, Omeruo isn't a calamity. He is just inconsistent
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:48am On Dec 07, 2019
ChrisKels:
Chuks will be the first Nigerian to play for Real Madrid. Watch this space.

Real president and Zidane are real admirers of his talent

I'd rather he plays for Liverpool or Man city. They have coaches they are excellent player development experts if the player is willing to work hard. I don't fancy Zidane's coaching at all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:49am On Dec 07, 2019
semid4lyfe:
I'll be happy if Dominic Iorfa Jnr. is invited. He has always been a good player.

I saw a few of his games for Wolves in 2015 and I was impressed. Then he played as a right back. He has lots of energy, runs tirelessly, very mobile & fast with good recovery.

He also physically strong, has positional awareness and is not easily beaten. His crosses and passes were the only weaknesses I noticed then.

I havent watched him recently but if his recent stats are anything to go by, he deserves to be invited.

I have always wanted him in the Super Eagles fold but was only pissed he K-I-Ved us.

I think it was said here last week that his crosses and passes haven't improved. We don't really need another Ekong. We need more ball playing defenders

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:50am On Dec 07, 2019
Blueelf:

He said the truth tho, if Barça wants him and he's interested (who wouldn't be) Liverpool can't stop them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:50am On Dec 07, 2019
semid4lyfe:

Unpopular Opinion

The worst defender in the Super Eagles fold presently is William Troost Ekong.

Do you watch him regularly in his plays for Udinese to arrive at such conclusion? I don't that's why I'm asking

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:52am On Dec 07, 2019
charlesemeka85:
you are right but barca is one team i won't near if i am a professional footballer. their style and philosophy is very difficult for players from other leagues/clubs to adapt to easily. this is the major reason why the likes of dembele,griezman,coutinho before he left just to mention a few looks lost and ordinary in barca games

madrid fans are not patient due to the history and pedigree they are known of in world football which tend to make them reject being 2nd best both in the league and ucl. players are pressured to perform and when it doesn't pan out they are discarded without looking back but to me madrid team is easy to break into than barca.

barca's philosophy and style goes beyond mere tactics

What of rakitic and frenkie?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:52am On Dec 07, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Barca and madrid arent serious of buying tammy or anyone , if they are serious the so called player will go awol

Exactly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:54am On Dec 07, 2019
TheSuperNerd:
Villarreal/Atletico: Fire Report... The Aftermath

As you all know, Samuel Chukwueze was on fire tonight.

Well, reports just coming in say the people over at the stadium are still trying to put out the fire Chuks left in his wake...

This is the scenario below... grin

#ManOnFire

I have nothing against you or what you typed. However, the truth is, they didn't get the win. Chukwueze had no goal or assist. These matter more than inane dribbles
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:54am On Dec 07, 2019
Blueelf:

No i am making example, mane is better than dembele but still there is no space for him at barca

If barca comes calling you cant cant stop him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:54am On Dec 07, 2019
Blueelf:

Lol, we dont want any of the above
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 11:55am On Dec 07, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Tottenham Hotspur boss Jose Mourinho is still assessing his squad, having only been in the job for a couple of weeks, but Spurs continue to be linked with players.

Ruben Dias, Bruno Fernandes, Victor Osimhen... they have all been mentioned in connection to Spurs in recent weeks, but the latest link is one to a player who may not end up joining.

The Sun claim Tottenham were teeing up a £20million move for QPR playmaker Eberechi Eze, with Mauricio Pochettino pushing for a move.

However, it's claimed that Pochettino's exit may scupper a move, as Eze wanted to work for Pochetino, and now Chelsea and West Ham are in the race.

It's early days for Mourinho at Spurs, but letting Eze slip through Tottenham's net would be his first transfer mistake at the club, especially if he ends up with a London rival.

Eze, 21, has been sensational in the Championship this season with seven goals and four assists, and there's no doubt that he's set for a Premier League career.

He's quick and incredibly skilful, with his dribbling and technique exciting QPR fans whilst embarrassing Championship defenders, earning some comparisons to Wilfried Zaha.

With Christian Eriksen set to leave in 2020, it would be wise to bring in another creative player who can play out wide or centrally, and whilst he isn't a similar type of play to Eriksen, he can certainly help deal with his departure.

Mourinho is getting the best out of Dele Alli right now, another player who cut his teeth by starring in the Football League with skill and talent, and Eze could fit a similar kind of bill to the in-form midfielder.

Tottenham have missed out on Championship talents in the past that have come back to haunt them, such as David Brooks, James Maddison and Jack Grealish. With Eze previously keen on a move to Spurs, they can't let him slip through their fingers.

Seeing him join a London rival would be a huge disappointment, and Mourinho should be fighting to ensure he still wants a move to Tottenham – or risk giving Spurs something of a transfer mistake given what a huge future Eze has ahead of him.

If Kane isn't leaving for Madrid, let Osimhen stay where he is or leave to another club where he is guaranteed of playing time and not Tottenham. Daniel Levy will frown at benching Kane; form or not

(1) (2) (3) ... (7896) (7897) (7898) (7899) (7900) (7901) (7902) ... (16246) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, TheGoodJoe(m), elyte89 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.