Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,166 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7983) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11711851 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7980) (7981) (7982) (7983) (7984) (7985) (7986) ... (16162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:27pm On Dec 18, 2019
somehow:

Only 10 players?
Aribo was the mistake

I am sure he will take care of that immediately seems you guys have let him know
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:32pm On Dec 18, 2019
Danielnino00:

Here we go again...

Why can't the team just stick to the Uyo stadium pending the time Abuja would be ready?

If you saw what I saw at the stadium today you would take that back
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:34pm On Dec 18, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

What did you see?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:46pm On Dec 18, 2019
BascoVanVeli:

Which of the stadiums ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kris(m): 7:52pm On Dec 18, 2019
E no be warning. We need Osimhen to score lots of goals. Once you write his name well well, him go score plenty goals and pass Yekini’s record.

charlesemeka85:
na me born abi i tell u say i be edo man?

the bolded na warning?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 8:12pm On Dec 18, 2019
Cyriel Dessers with a goal
Heracles 1 VS 0 Dordretch

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:23pm On Dec 18, 2019
News on the NNFF awards has been forwarded to the Sports Writers Association of Nigeria (SWAN).

Well done everyone.

I especially thank all the committee members for the time and mental energy put into ensuring we accomplished this task and within the planned time frame. It was really fun working with you guys.

Thanks also to all those that took part in the voting. You all are also part of the success story.

Up Nigeria!!!

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:25pm On Dec 18, 2019
Subzero047:

You asked for one I have given you three

First of all you haven't defined what you mean by " Our players "

Secondly, no disrespect, but it seems your capacity to deduce and comprehend are very limited.

You used the word ATTACK OUR PLAYERS.

Giving an opinion and or constructive criticism of a players capacity and attributes constitutes an attack in your Oxford English Dictionary. It's bewildering the levels of your understanding of common basic English language.

Can you please having hopefully re-educated yourself on the true meaning of the diction you have used " Attack our players "

Please Answer my question ❓ Tell me the players you have defined as " Our players " that l have attacked according to you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:25pm On Dec 18, 2019
Everton and Leicester name a strong XI tonight.. Ndidi and Iwobi start while Iheanacho is on the bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:32pm On Dec 18, 2019
Icon4s:
News on the NNFF awards have been forwarded to the Sports Writers Association of Nigeria (SWAN).

Well done everyone.

I especially thank all the committee members for the time and mental energy put into ensuring we accomplished this task and within the planned time frame. It was really fun working with you guys.

Thanks also to all those that took part in the voting. You all are also part of the success story.

Up Nigeria!!!

well done chief..
You are truly an icon!

I have a suggestion though. . I think u should add the result of the voting process to the award thread.. Just in case people start doubting... not a lot of people really visit this thread....

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:35pm On Dec 18, 2019
Iwobi starts on the wings for Everton

Na so Iwobi don turn to winger in his career
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:39pm On Dec 18, 2019
komekn:

First of all you haven't defined what you mean by " Our players "

Secondly, no disrespect, but it seems your capacity to deduce and comprehend are very limited.

You used the word ATTACK OUR PLAYERS.

Giving an opinion and or constructive criticism of a players capacity and attributes constitutes an attack in your Oxford English Dictionary. It's bewildering the levels of your understanding of common basic English language.

Can you please having hopefully re-educated yourself on the true meaning of the diction you have used " Attack our players "

Please Answer my question ❓ Tell me the players you have defined as " Our players " that l have attacked according to you.

You expected me to bring out instances of you giving flying kicks to them?

The thing is that you always say unsavory things about our (Nigerian born especially) players

Whether you hide them in sarcasm or give subtle jabs so that you would not be caught red handed is up to you

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:39pm On Dec 18, 2019
Icon4s:

Meanwhile, you a committee member did not take part in the voting exercise, you also refused to name your SE best XI.

I have given you a mention severally at the other thread, yet no response. So if you prefer me bringing it here so be it. You are the one solely holding us back from releasing the results of the voting!

If you knew you were not going to Participate in the whole process you ought to have opted out a long time ago.

We have been patient with you enough!

Apologies because l haven't returned to the committee page having presented my nominations and concluded the matter has ended.

It seems l erroneously took the view that after submitting my nominations it would be a double vote to then vote on the same nominations. Which is the general practice when on a committe that presents nominations at least in my experience.

That it seems is not the practice here.

So it is not particularly cumbersome to do but I guess my experience of participation on committees as a member and chair and the inherent general conventions are different from yours. Thus my experiential assumptions.

Nonetheless, l concede a wrong doing that emanates from a different appreciation and as such I am sorry.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:40pm On Dec 18, 2019
Subzero047:
Iwobi starts on the wings for Everton

Na so Iwobi don turn to winger in his career

Nothing bad there

Almost all the best attacking midfielders in the world have played from the flanks several times, so who come be iwobi?

The way you talk am e come be like say na Right or left back dem carry iwobi go grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:44pm On Dec 18, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Nothing bad there

Almost all the best attacking midfielders in the world have played from the flanks several times, so who come be iwobi?

The way you talk am e come be like say na Right or left back dem carry iwobi go grin

Iwobi is ineffective in the wings everybody knows that

The more he keeps churning out average performances from the wings the more his reputation will go down

Till one day Everton would go for a better winger and it is byebye for Iwobi

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:47pm On Dec 18, 2019
Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs monitoring Osimhen according to Skysports

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:48pm On Dec 18, 2019
Subzero047:

The more he keeps churning out average performances from the wings the more his reputation will go down

Story, he is ineffective but the coach keeps using him

Most of you guys are just always negative against iwobi, either good or bad game

He has played AM and he as played from the flanks, the coach knows better then me and you ok

Go and check the coach comments about iwobi in their last game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:48pm On Dec 18, 2019
Monaco's coach is getting sacked.. Maybe Onyekuru will get more opportunities

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:52pm On Dec 18, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Story, he is ineffective but the coach keeps using him

Most of you guys are just always negative against iwobi, either good or bad game

He has played AM and he as played from the flanks, the coach knows better then me and you ok

Go and check the coach comments about iwobi in their last game

You see my problem with you,What is negative about stating the obvious fact?

Iwobi plays better as an AM, Even his best game for Everton against West ham came as an AM

Why should I check the coach's comments when I watched the match?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:53pm On Dec 18, 2019
Danielnino00:

well done chief..
You are truly an icon!

I have a suggestion though. . I think u should add the result of the voting process to the award thread.. Just in case people start doubting... not a lot of people really visit this thread....

The thread carrying the award winners is what has been sent out as News item and it will be combersom carrying all the figures of voting.

When FIFA or CAF announce the results of their awards recipients they don't announce with it the votes recorded by each awardee. You only get to find out from another news item.

If anyone is interested in the number of votes for each awardee, they can be referred here or the Committee thread.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:55pm On Dec 18, 2019
Subzero047:

You see my problem with you,What is negative about stating the obvious fact?

Iwobi plays better as an AM, Even his best game for Everton against West ham came as an AM

Why should I check the coach's comments when I watched the match?

The coached said he did well as a winger in their last game sir

But he wont play as a winger every time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:56pm On Dec 18, 2019
Subzero047:

You expected me to bring out instances of you giving flying kicks to them?

The thing is that you always say unsavory things about our (Nigerian born especially) players

Whether you hide them in sarcasm or give subtle jabs so that you would not be caught red handed is up to you

Do you make allegations by assumption or by conjecture and or by self birthed opinion.

No, the onus lies on you to prove your allegation and not on me to substantiate it for you.

If you have been to a university then you would have understood the requirements to substantiate by reference. But it seems you do not appreciate that basic of requirements.

You have clearly been unable to do substantiate by a simple screen shot and now you want to cover you lack of capacity with evasive waffle and suggestive innuendo in the negative..

You like many others before you have made these spurious allegations. But not one of you to date has been able to substantiate your opinionated self birthed notions.

If l make an allegation here it will be substantive, proven and clearly factual and if not it will be objective and rationally circumstantial.

I don't do assumption from my own delusion.

I do appreciate that there are Eurocentric and Afrocentic conflicts with diction and how it can easily be misconstrued and perceived wrongly depending on a personal appreciation .

Nonetheless it's no excuse for blatant lies.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:57pm On Dec 18, 2019
komekn:

Do you make allegations by assumption or by conjecture and or by self birthed opinion.

No, the onus lies on you to prove your allegation and not on me to substantiate it for you.

If you have been to a university then you would have understood the requirements to substantiate by reference. But it seems you do not appreciate that basic of requirements.

You have clearly been unable to do substantiate by a simple screen shot and now you want to cover you lack of capacity with evasive waffle and suggestive innuendo in the negative..

You like many others before you have made these spurious allegations. But not one of you to date has been able to substantiate your opinionated self birthed notions.

If l make an allegation here it will be substantive, proven and clearly factual and if not it will be objective and rationally circumstantial.

I don't do assumption from my own delusion.

I do appreciate that there are Eurocentric and Afrocentic conflicts with diction and how it can easily be misconstrued and perceived wrongly depending on a personal appreciation .

Nonetheless it's no excuse for blatant lies.

I did not read that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:15pm On Dec 18, 2019
tbaba1234:
Monaco's coach is getting sacked.. Maybe Onyekuru will get more opportunities

Monaco as club us now toxic and in free fall, how many Managers have they had in the last two years.

It's not about Onyekuru.

The club is in disarray a mere shadow of thier former selves.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2019
Kbs468:

How I wish Arsenal would just go for him this January because he is that which is lacking at Arsenal right now

Arsenal need defenders.

Ndidi will end up playing as a CB for them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2019
Subzero047:

really? bye bye to you toi

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:23pm On Dec 18, 2019
Kbs468:
Arteta Identifies Key Staff He Wants at Arsenal and there’s a Nigerian on Board
By Adebanjo - December 18, 2019

With Mikel Arteta’s return to Arsenal almost certain, there are reports the Spaniard will raid Manchester City’s backroom and Support team as he looks to hit the ground running at Emirates.

Arteta who is now the front runner for the Managerial position at Arsenal is looking to bring in one of Pep Guardiola’s assistant at City’s Rodolfo Borrell.

The Spaniard is also keen to have Man City talent-spotter Sam Fagbemi join him.

As per Sami Mokbel [Daily Mail] Fagbemi, 25, currently leads City’s youth scouting strategy in the south, working closely with head of academy recruitment and talent.

The City scout has been responsible for a number of southern-based youngsters joining the Etihad academy in recent months, something that has not gone unnoticed by the Gunners.

Fagbemi played a key role in City’s successful moves for Millwall teenagers Sam Edozie, 16, and Darko Gyabi, 15, in the summer.

Josh Wilson-Eshbrand, 16, joined from West Ham and Ben Knight, 17, signed from Ipswich in the summer – two moves that were fronted by Fagbemi.

City’s ability to lure players north from clubs that are closer in proximity to Arsenal came as a frustration to the Gunners, and convinced academy director Per Mertesacker to hasten a significant shake-up of the the club’s youth recruitment personnel.

I don't think he Borrell has much to offer at Arsenal.

He needs to get a better assistant.

Also Borrell has very sticky hands.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:38pm On Dec 18, 2019
nairalandankrah:

Our players getting to work with top coaches is really good to see..it will bring out the best un them

I agree and I think we will see improvement in the performances of the team in a short time.

I think I am very interested to see the improvement Leon Balogun has made working with Graham Potter who I consider a genius. I think in a short time, we will get to appreciate his brilliance. I hope Balogun is developing working with him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:49pm On Dec 18, 2019
Icon4s:

The thread carrying the award winners is what has been sent out as News item and it will be combersom carrying all the figures of voting.

When FIFA or CAF announce the results of their awards recipients they don't announce with it the votes recorded by each awardee. You only get to find out from another news item.

If anyone is interested in the number of votes for each awardee, they can be referred here or the Committee thread.

Thank you for the effort put into build a better Nigeria. Your effort and that of the committee will not be in vain. May God keep blessing you all.

On the matter, I think you should also forward as a separate paper, the thread of the voting numbers. For a more comprehensive understanding by the reviewers.

FIFA also does this separately but get it exposed to others.

Thank you again for your time and effort.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 9:55pm On Dec 18, 2019
The way Real Madrid balled against Barcelona this evening, Manchester city will suffer come January

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:06pm On Dec 18, 2019
tbaba1234:
Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs monitoring Osimhen according to Skysports

He should go to Liverpool please...
The 2 English kids in Chelsea and Spurs are untouchable for now.

Tammy & Kane

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:13pm On Dec 18, 2019
Subzero047:
Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham monitoring Osimhen
Unpopular opinion: Osimhen can easily bench Firmino, as a top striker Firmino isn't prolific enough

(1) (2) (3) ... (7980) (7981) (7982) (7983) (7984) (7985) (7986) ... (16162) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: quickberry(m), Amedino99(m), chuks404, iamdynamite(m), Iview1 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.