Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7987) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11711264 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7984) (7985) (7986) (7987) (7988) (7989) (7990) ... (16162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:12am On Dec 19, 2019
Edopesin:
good morning, pls can someone tell me who's Nigeria's highest scoring midfielder this season, I will like to know

Ndidi and Ramon Azeez

I might be wrong thou

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:13am On Dec 19, 2019
jihday:
Unpopular opinion: Osimhen can easily bench Firmino, as a top striker Firmino isn't prolific enough

Would it not be better to explain how you came to that conclusion.

Instead if just creating a continuous question ❓ and running away.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:13am On Dec 19, 2019
Humility017:

Dude Is too young for the super eagles...
Says my brothers here on this thread..

If Rohr can get him...please he should do.
Not bad if he have like 5 options in the attack

To get that boy go hard sha ooo make I no lie

There is no harm in trying
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:16am On Dec 19, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Osimhen will also get good education from Klopp. Over the years, Klopp has been brilliant in nurturing bright talents. From Gotze, Gundogan, Sahin, Lewandowski and Hummels. We are seeing some fantastic work with Firmino, Salah and Mane.

So you want him to go Liverpool and sit in the U23's learning.

Osimhen is not the same type of player as Firmino, Salah and Mane. He has a different skill set.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:21am On Dec 19, 2019
Guys give it a try cool

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:24am On Dec 19, 2019
Kbs468:

Osimhen shouldn't try joining Chelsea ooo.

Left for me, I would even rate Batshuayi higher than Tammy Abraham if given the opportunity to do so.

What he has been lacking is playing time as what has been working for Tammy is the championship experience with Lampard in the dough out

Why do you rate Batshuayi higher than Tega Abrahams.

Curious.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 11:25am On Dec 19, 2019
mikel for nigeria against uruguay in the 2013 confed cup

ChrisKels:
Guys give it a try cool

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:25am On Dec 19, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Batshuayi is better than tammy, the world knows that

But such is football, tammy has cemented his place

Explain how he is better

Educate me be substantive with logic reasoning and objective measurement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:28am On Dec 19, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Solanke is brilliant when it comes to tactics. He is a young man I enjoy watching when it comes to tactics because I learn a lot when I watch him play.

I still see Solanke picking up form in the coming years. He is yet to find his groove in Eddie Howe's play book.

Solanke is a very very lucky player.

At youth level he was very good but since hitting 20+ he's essentially done NUTTIN.

Even his coaches were suprised to be diplomatic that Bournemouth paid near £20 million for him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:30am On Dec 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
they will prefer playing tammy unless a non british coach takes over from lampard. sentiment aside osimhen is better than tammy to me. he is stronger and faster while tammy is easily bullied by defenders.

I don't agree with you on that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 11:35am On Dec 19, 2019
COACH OBUH RESIGNS, AKWA UNITED ACCEPTS RESIGNATION WITH "MIXED FEELINGS"
In the aftermath of a disappointing eight match start to the 2019/2020 NPFL season by Akwa United FC, Head Coach of the team John Obuh has resigned his appointment "...with immediate effect ".
In a tersely worded four paragraph resignation letter addressed to the Chairman of the club and dated December 15th, 2019, the experienced coach regretted that his "decision to step aside was as a result of some level of indiscipline and insubordination by some of the players which has caused the team valuable points since the start of the season ".
Meanwhile the club has accepted the resignation with "mixed feelings".
BascoVanVeli:

If you saw what I saw at the stadium today you would take that back
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:35am On Dec 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
i never told you they will seize to be a top team and big sporting brand in Europe but are likely to lose its charm and glamour. Barca's biggest problem is not finding a replacement for messi,xavi and iniesta from other teams in europe but the low quality in the la masia currently.

barca is an institution and it takes an exceptional talent who is groomed outside of the la masia to excel in barca.

have you ever wondered why many players brought in by barca from different clubs in europe looks confused,mediocre and ordinary when playing for the team?

barca's tactics which was introduced to the team by late johan cruyff and resurrected by pep when he replaced rijkaard is more than mere tactics but philosophy,tradition and culture imbibed to the players right from their nursery stages in la masia and why it worked well for pep was that the main component of his team then which were messi,xavi,puyol,pique,valdez and iniesta where from the root of the club.

Barca and ajax share the same culture, philosophy and tradition which is grooming talents from the root with a particular tactics and style of play which is "total football" invented by the Dutch in the 70s

Why do barca occasionally bring back some of the La masia products who left for first team football in other clubs both in Spain and other europeans leagues?

THANK YOU

There is a total lack of appreciation of the level of technical ability and skill required to play in the Barcelona first team.

Particularly for midfielders and forward players.

There are some clubs that will judge at youth level on just first touch before anything else. You may be able to get the benefit of the doubt if you have blistering pace.

But first touch and close control are essential in a club like Barcelona.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 11:39am On Dec 19, 2019
Match Day 9 Result

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 11:42am On Dec 19, 2019
Fast quiz

Which club in the NPFL is known as Dakkada FC?

They are currently 2nd on the league table.

Without having to google it, can you answer this? cheesy

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by timay(m): 11:45am On Dec 19, 2019
somehow:
Fast quiz

Which club in the NPFL is known as Dakkada FC?

They are currently 2nd on the league table.

Without having to google it, can you answer this? cheesy

Akwa startlets
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 11:49am On Dec 19, 2019
Is Aribo not a midfielder?
andrewbaba44:

Ndidi and Ramon Azeez

I might be wrong thou
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 11:49am On Dec 19, 2019
You didn't google it? LOL

Why was the name changed?
timay:

Akwa startlets
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:57am On Dec 19, 2019
jihday:
I know Firmino is hard working blablabla but at the end of the day a striker who bring plenty goals will get more recognition. Do you know Firmino has never scored 20 league goals in his career?

What makes a striker is scoring goals what enables him to score goals is the system strategy and how he fits into it.

Some players have absolutely excellent attributes and can adapt to any style and or system. For example Ronaldo.

But look at Liverpool and how excellent strikers like Balotelli and Benteke were made useless. Benteke has never recovered from that experience.

It's therefore great wisdom to look at the team you are speculatively going to and see if Indeed you can fit in and excel.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:00pm On Dec 19, 2019
it's joe aribo
andrewbaba44:

Ndidi and Ramon Azeez

I might be wrong thou
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:03pm On Dec 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
it's joe aribo

My bad bro

I forgot

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:04pm On Dec 19, 2019
komekn:

Explain how he is better

Educate me be substantive with logic reasoning and objective measurement.

There is nothing to explain sir

I know you will be the only one to ask this question
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:05pm On Dec 19, 2019
komekn:

What makes a striker is scoring goals what enables him to score goals is the system strategy and how he fits into it.

Some players have absolutely excellent attributes and can adapt to any style and or system. For example Ronaldo.

But look at Liverpool and how excellent strikers like Balotelli and Benteke were made useless. Benteke has never recovered from that experience.

It's therefore great wisdom to look at the team you are speculatively going to and see if Indeed you can fit in and excel.

Liverpool that most of the players where against balotelli

If i dont like liverpool it will be for the balotelli issue , thou balotelli own self dey him body
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:12pm On Dec 19, 2019
charlesemeka85:
i never told you they will seize to be a top team and big sporting brand in Europe but are likely to lose its charm and glamour. Barca's biggest problem is not finding a replacement for messi,xavi and iniesta from other teams in europe but the low quality in the la masia currently.

barca is an institution and it takes an exceptional talent who is groomed outside of the la masia to excel in barca.

have you ever wondered why many players brought in by barca from different clubs in europe looks confused,mediocre and ordinary when playing for the team?

barca's tactics which was introduced to the team by late johan cruyff and resurrected by pep when he replaced rijkaard is more than mere tactics but philosophy,tradition and culture imbibed to the players right from their nursery stages in la masia and why it worked well for pep was that the main component of his team then which were messi,xavi,puyol,pique,valdez and iniesta where from the root of the club.

Barca and ajax share the same culture, philosophy and tradition which is grooming talents from the root with a particular tactics and style of play which is "total football" invented by the Dutch in the 70s

Why do barca occasionally bring back some of the La masia products who left for first team football in other clubs both in Spain and other europeans leagues?

You know to find replacement for all these players you mentioned are almost impossible

They look mediocre because most of them are not good as we think sir.

Barca are no more playing what that tactics for long so why would those players we bought be mediocre?I would have said they cant fit in, but barcelona doesnt play such way anymore so there is no reason they should not fit in

La masia is almost as good as dead now.

The only positive things from la masia are Ansu Fati ,Carles Perez and ,Carles alena and puig, only 2 of them have been most promising thou
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:14pm On Dec 19, 2019
Kbs468:

I'm not particularly bringing in Giroud into the equation though and sentimentally speaking, Batshuayi would have performed as good as Tammy is doing if not better given an equal amount of games opportunity.

Like you said, football is all about trust and Tammy hasn't failed in that regard

Osimhen shouldn't try it because Chelsea style wouldn't favour a 4 4 2 formation like in the days of Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole of Manchester United on a consistent basis, so bench would be his destination because with the report of Chelsea going for Chukwueze,

It means a 4 3 3 is the best and most preferred formation at the Bridge

One question ❓ How long has Batshuayi been at Chelsea ❓ When Tega was a mere youth player.

Batshuayi has been in the EPL for 4 seasons and after 43 games for Chelsea he has scored 8 goals. Is that what you call exceptional. Although he played 11 EPL games for Crystal Palace and 5 goals.

I have said this before, you do not have a right to play. It's what you do in training and on match days that gives you the right to play.

Whether you play for 10 minutes or 90 minutes whatever you do good, bad or excellent will be the basis for your selection or deselection as the case may be.

Tega has hit the ground running with unquestionable excellence. There is no comparison.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:17pm On Dec 19, 2019
andrewbaba44:

There is nothing to explain sir

I know you will be the only one to ask this question

Because I don't make hearsay statements or emotive based ones.

If you say a player is better you should enrich the forum with your appreciation. Not just say because l said so.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:19pm On Dec 19, 2019
andrewbaba44:

Liverpool that most of the players where against balotelli

If i dont like liverpool it will be for the balotelli issue , thou balotelli own self dey him body

That's not true. Infact that's a lie.

There were some players that didn't like him but there were more that did.

Balotelli is a very generous and great natured guy that is widely misrepresentated in the press.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:27pm On Dec 19, 2019
somehow:
COACH OBUH RESIGNS, AKWA UNITED ACCEPTS RESIGNATION WITH "MIXED FEELINGS"
In the aftermath of a disappointing eight match start to the 2019/2020 NPFL season by Akwa United FC, Head Coach of the team John Obuh has resigned his appointment "...with immediate effect ".
In a tersely worded four paragraph resignation letter addressed to the Chairman of the club and dated December 15th, 2019, the experienced coach regretted that his "decision to step aside was as a result of some level of indiscipline and insubordination by some of the players which has caused the team valuable points since the start of the season ".
Meanwhile the club has accepted the resignation with "mixed feelings".

He was just with my uncle yesterday and gave him the same story. He even made match fixing allegations against some players. I personally think it is total rubbish. Akwa have been slow starters even when Maikaba was here. Plus the boys were just not at top form. Even yesterday we scraped through.

Anyways I don't want his return. I think with Boboye we have a coach with championship pedigree who plays decent football. Plus he isn't that much older than the players to where he can't relate
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:27pm On Dec 19, 2019
Kbs468:

It's because[b]Iwobi[/b] is not that much of a classy player like I always maintain but the only thing that he has going well with him is that he has been performing for the Super Eagles of Nigeria over and against his clubside output

And that is how he gets his ratings by me which of course is the most important -The National team output as a whole

That rating is it about consistent outstanding top quality performances.

Or is it about lacking of quality competition in the AM role for him.

Iwobi can be excellent one day and almost anonymous the next he needs to get a lot more consistency both in the SE and in his club.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:28pm On Dec 19, 2019
#
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:29pm On Dec 19, 2019
Man U to pay Mino Raiola 12million Euros if they sign Haarland

This guy is a cheat
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:33pm On Dec 19, 2019
somehow:
Match Day 9 Result

Just looked at the result sheet.

Does that mean there is no team from Edo state playing in the NPFL❓

What has happened to the former number one footballing state of Nigeria❓ the state that produced Bendel insurance, NNB, etc.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:34pm On Dec 19, 2019
komekn:

That's not true. Infact that's a lie.

There were some players that didn't like him but there were more that did.

Balotelli is a very generous and great natured guy that is widely misrepresentated in the press.

Okay i said most of their players dont like him, maybe i should have said some, i dont know

Balotelli is a great guy and generous for sure, but him still get him wahala nah you self know

(1) (2) (3) ... (7984) (7985) (7986) (7987) (7988) (7989) (7990) ... (16162) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: quickberry(m), TheLoneCitizen(m), Truidstarr, Sugarboyy(m), Napoleon55(m), damagnificentusb(m), Softbreastt and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.