Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,757 members, 7,862,476 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 05:45 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (7992) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11940678 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7989) (7990) (7991) (7992) (7993) (7994) (7995) ... (16352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:34pm On Dec 20, 2019
nairalandankrah:
Everton fans are slating iwobi for his performance against Leicester in the cup.. I didn't watch the game, but some of the fans have actually written him off saying that he WONT LAST under ancelloti..so painful to ser

Kelechi chop pass this one with Leicester fans earlier this year.

If fans no slate players, wetin dem gain?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:57pm On Dec 20, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Belgian side Club Bruges want 30m euros (£25.6m) for 22-year-old striker Emmanuel Dennis, with Leicester, Brighton and Southampton among the clubs interested in the Nigerian. (Foot Mercato - in French)

I love this news

Nobody should come and tell me this guy is not ready for the Epl

At least he would have a chance at Brighton or Southampton

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:59pm On Dec 20, 2019
southampton preferable to me if they will remain in the epl
andrewbaba44:

I love this news

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:03pm On Dec 20, 2019
charlesemeka85:
southampton preferable to me if they will remain in the epl

Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:04pm On Dec 20, 2019
safarigirl:

It can’t be worst than what arsenal fans did to him

So no be today
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 1:23pm On Dec 20, 2019
andrewbaba44:

I love this news

I don't think he is tbh...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 1:40pm On Dec 20, 2019
nelszx:

Baba leave politics for politicians
We're doing better even with the said corruption, it's good to acknowledge good when you see one.
The current NFF has done what others couldn't venture into doing. We know who the angry face behind it because he couldn't be part of the FIFA money.
But have you been following the program? If Yes, Then your submission above is unreflective of the followership you have been having
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:01pm On Dec 20, 2019
Allnigeriasoccer.com has been informed that former Everton winger Henry Onyekuru has agreed personal terms with Galatasaray, paving the way for him to join the Turkish champions in the January transfer window.

One of the great young Nigerian talents, Onyekuru has struggled for playing opportunities since joining Monaco in August 2015.

Saturday, December 21 will make it three months that the Super Eagles star has not featured for the Principality outfit.

It is understood that Galatasaray have successfully negotiated a loan move with Monaco and Onyekuru is patiently waiting for the transfer window to open before flying to Turkey to formalize his switch to the Super Lig club.

The 22-year-old had been linked with possible moves to teams in Russia and Spain but Galatasaray are poised to confirm his capture in the coming days.

He enjoyed a successful loan spell at The Yellow-Reds during the 2018-2019 campaign, scoring 16 goals in 44 games and helping them win the domestic double.

The Turkish winter transfer window opens on January 4 and closes for business at the end of next month.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:08pm On Dec 20, 2019
Nigeria will end the year as 31st best team in the world and 3rd in Africa. According to the rankings we'll be in pot 1 of WC qualifying draws while CIV, SA, Guinea and Ghana will be in pot 2. I hope we don't get any of these guys, we can easily beat them tho but a little loss of concentration could be disastrous

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:10pm On Dec 20, 2019
Arsenal will reportedly offer Leicester City £40m plus Granit Xhaka in an ambitious bid for Wilfred Ndidi.

That’s according to several reports in England, cited by footballlive.ng, who claim that the Nigerian is one of several targets for incoming manager Mikel Arteta.

The Gunners are willing to make a cash offer and include Xhaka as part of the deal, with the Swiss star likely to leave north London in the new year.

The 23-year-old, who is valued at £60m, has been a regular for the Foxes since 2017 and has been influential in Brendan Rodgers’ side this season.

The energetic midfielder has missed just one Premier League fixture so far, helping Leicester to second in the table after 17 rounds.

Leicester aren’t thought to be keen on selling any of their star men over the coming weeks, but Arsenal’s impending offer looks set to test their resolve.

Plenty of Gunners supporters have urged the club to move for Ndidi in recent weeks.

If they can complete a stunning swoop, Arsenal may have finally found the Patrick Vieira-like midfield figure they’ve been crying out for over the past 15 years.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 2:11pm On Dec 20, 2019
This is very good. That Monaco coach wants to send him into sheer oblivion and irrelivance. He will still come back to france or a better league or club in future. For now he needs to build his skill, career and reputation. The guy is a good player and the monaco coach is spoilling his image

charlesemeka85:
Allnigeriasoccer.com has been informed that former Everton winger Henry Onyekuru has agreed personal terms with Galatasaray, paving the way for him to join the Turkish champions in the January transfer window.

One of the great young Nigerian talents, Onyekuru has struggled for playing opportunities since joining Monaco in August 2015.

Saturday, December 21 will make it three months that the Super Eagles star has not featured for the Principality outfit.

It is understood that Galatasaray have successfully negotiated a loan move with Monaco and Onyekuru is patiently waiting for the transfer window to open before flying to Turkey to formalize his switch to the Super Lig club.

The 22-year-old had been linked with possible moves to teams in Russia and Spain but Galatasaray are poised to confirm his capture in the coming days.

He enjoyed a successful loan spell at The Yellow-Reds during the 2018-2019 campaign, scoring 16 goals in 44 games and helping them win the domestic double.

The Turkish winter transfer window opens on January 4 and closes for business at the end of next month.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:18pm On Dec 20, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Onyekuru like turkey sha, i hope he doesnt end up in asia from there

So he want to tell me that he cant join the bundesliga or seria A?

Upon all my happiness when e join monaco
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:21pm On Dec 20, 2019
charlesemeka85:
Arsenal will reportedly offer Leicester City £40m plus Granit Xhaka in an ambitious bid for Wilfred Ndidi.

That’s according to several reports in England, cited by footballlive.ng, who claim that the Nigerian is one of several targets for incoming manager Mikel Arteta.

The Gunners are willing to make a cash offer and include Xhaka as part of the deal, with the Swiss star likely to leave north London in the new year.

The 23-year-old, who is valued at £60m, has been a regular for the Foxes since 2017 and has been influential in Brendan Rodgers’ side this season.

The energetic midfielder has missed just one Premier League fixture so far, helping Leicester to second in the table after 17 rounds.

Leicester aren’t thought to be keen on selling any of their star men over the coming weeks, but Arsenal’s impending offer looks set to test their resolve.

Plenty of Gunners supporters have urged the club to move for Ndidi in recent weeks.

If they can complete a stunning swoop, Arsenal may have finally found the Patrick Vieira-like midfield figure they’ve been crying out for over the past 15 years.

I dont think i want him at arsenal

But trust me arsenal is still a big club and the move wont be bad as i think

They should better give him a better salary

Are arsenal ready to pay 60 million?

Ndidi cannot go lesser than that
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:30pm On Dec 20, 2019
the guy too like turkey, locomotive and cska moscow are interested in him with celta vigo and one other la liga team but his preference is gala
andrewbaba44:

Onyekuru like turkey sha, i hope he doesnt end up in asia from there

So he want to tell me that he cant join the bundesliga or seria A?

Upon all my happiness when e join monaco
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:32pm On Dec 20, 2019
charlesemeka85:
the guy too like turkey, locomotive and cska moscow are interested in him with celta vigo and one other la liga team but his preference is gala

Celta vigo and those russian teams are better than turkey abeg

If so he should be thinking of celta vigo nah

My guy want collect good salary
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:34pm On Dec 20, 2019
i don't really understand why you guys see arsenal as a mickey mouse club.

its true they are not as good as before but arsenal is still a big club and renowned sporting brand in world football than leicester even in the next 10 years.

leicester is a selling club which makes me doubt they will remain the same in the next 2-3 seasons. if i were to be ndidi i won't hesitate to jump to arsenal's offer if it eventually comes
andrewbaba44:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:36pm On Dec 20, 2019
yea the guy dey want run to his comfort zone grin grin grin grin
andrewbaba44:

Celta vigo and those russian teams are better than turkey abeg

If so he should be thinking of celta vigo nah

My guy want collect good salary
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:36pm On Dec 20, 2019
charlesemeka85:

its true they are not as good as before but arsenal is still a big club and renowned sporting brand in world football than leicester even in the next 10 years.

leicester is a selling club which makes me doubt they will remain the same in the next 2-3 seasons. if i were to be ndidi i won't hesitate to jump to arsenal's offer if it eventually comes

Thats why i said the move wont be bad as i think
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:40pm On Dec 20, 2019
LaMujer:

just admit your misrepresentation and proceed naa, it won't cost a thing

@bolded can you even hear yourself? It doesn't have a unit of measurement, none of us here are kids, and when you say a long time, you certainly weren't refering to "last week"

You said he hasn't been on there in a long time, i proved you wrong, and instead of you to admit and go "jejely" you're asking for my substance of argument. undecided undecided undecided undecided

My substance of argument was to prove you wrong and make you take back your words angry angry angry

I feel flattered that your purpose and objective in life is to prove me wrong. Thank you l am not that important.

But in your single minded quest to prove me wrong you loose sight of the substance of the discourse.

What have you exactly proven to be wrong that KC is now IN-FORM or that he has not been in the weekly inform ratings by skysports in a long time.

You are being pedantic to the point of irrelevance.

My language is ambiguous because it's not specific but indicative. The core point being KC has not been in the rating for a long time. That long time includes last season where he played 30 games.

Nonetheless, if you are to use just this season he has been in the weekly inform ratings twice that's progress but not enough to conclude that he is IN-FORM.

I commend your diligence in establishing that he has featured twice this season as opposed to once as my first post wrongfully and ambiguously implies. I completely admire a substantive approach as opposed to an assumptive one. Well done !!!

So what exactly have you proven wrong in the context of the discourse ❓ screenshots below to remind you the substance of the discourse and where it emanated from.

I should add that the weekly rating are largely academic and dont really have any impact assessment until it has an aggregate over a good number of games not just 1,2, 3 games, my benchmark would be at least 10 games.

The word is minor inaccuracy as opposed to intended misrepresentation.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 2:40pm On Dec 20, 2019
it will be a massive lift for his career. arsenal is still among the top dogs of European club football. they are just going through a transition period just like man united and will surely bounce back

andrewbaba44:

Thats why i said the move wont be bad as i think

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:57pm On Dec 20, 2019
charlesemeka85:
it will be a massive lift for his career. arsenal is still among the top dogs of European club football. they are just going through a transition period just like man united and will surely bounce back

Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:08pm On Dec 20, 2019
komekn:

Now you are stretching the meaning of being REASONABLE to the EXTREME.

KC has played 5 seasons in the EPL and has played 100 games and scored 18 goals.

If everytime he plays he scores then how many goals should he have scored. You are the one doing mathematical theory of presumption by probability.

Football is about quality and there is no mathematical equation that links time played to the probability of scoring.

U deh deceive yourself infact you are deluded.

There is nothing where those his statistics equates to excellence. It's the complete opposite but you guys well a lot of you are walking in fanatical delusion.

Football is no longer about HERE and NOW ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 3:13pm On Dec 20, 2019
andrewbaba44:

It can’t be worst than what arsenal fans did to him

So no be today

Iwobi don suffer chai
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 3:29pm On Dec 20, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Yes ooo we have been yearning for Wilfred Ndidi's inclusion in our rank and files as he is the element that has been lacking over the years because he is exactly the Patrick Viera being described

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:41pm On Dec 20, 2019
charlesemeka85:

Ndidi is already proven and tested he has nothing to prove at Leicester.

When clubs buy players in the January window they are likely to pay more. Ndidi will go for nothing less than £55 million. That's effectively £5.5 million in his own pocket plus huge personal terms.

Leicester will not win the league European football is probable but next season they will be back to mid table.

Arsenal is a much bigger club and with far greater ambition they are having a bit of a downward spiral but they have the money to find thier way back.

Will Leicester let him go yes, at the right big money price.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:45pm On Dec 20, 2019
Subzero047:

Football is no longer about HERE and NOW ?

It's always about HERE and NOW in context.

Because your HERE and NOW is present continous and if that continous is not consistent and outstanding then you start to drop.

And if you drop then your immediate past affects the perception of your quality and the potential for you to go forward.

However, that notwithstanding football has always had ups and downs. It's the world class players that seem to be on a continuous upward movement never dropping below certain benchmarks.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2019
andrewbaba44:

It's very simple.

Arsenal need him more they will pay whatever it takes and part exchange players in the desperate quest to get him.

I think they need a central defender desperately too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:05pm On Dec 20, 2019
As an Arsenal fan Ndidi potentially joining us would be heaven sent but will Wilfred want to leave possible champions league football next season for just big name status. if at all he moves it should be at the start of next season when he has had a chance to to see the direction that Arteta and Arsenal want to go in terms of player signings and general performance. if both don't show promise within that time frame Ndidi should just chill until a better offer comes along. his recent performances if maintained for the foreseeable future will continue to attract top clubs

komekn:

Ndidi is already proven and tested he has nothing to prove at Leicester.

When clubs buy players in the January window they are likely to pay more. Ndidi will go for nothing less than £55 million. That's effectively £5.5 million in his own pocket plus huge personal terms.

Leicester will not win the league European football is probable but next season they will be back to mid table.

Arsenal is a much bigger club and with far greater ambition they are having a bit of a downward spiral but they have the money to find thier way back.

Will Leicester let him go yes, at the right big money price.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:06pm On Dec 20, 2019
agree 100%

komekn:

It's very simple.

Arsenal need him more they will pay whatever it takes and part exchange players in the desperate quest to get him.

I think they need a central defender desperately too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nairalandankrah: 4:16pm On Dec 20, 2019
safarigirl:

O

Writing off a player ffs...that's different
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:23pm On Dec 20, 2019
Ahead of Lille's visit to the Stade Louis-II for a Ligue 1 match with Monaco, manager Christophe Galtier faced the cameras at a press conference on Friday afternoon.

And one of the subjects he touched on was on the availability of Victor Osimhen, who returned to Lille on Thursday evening after spending two nights in the hospital under observation in the Principality following a health scare earlier this week.

Based on Galtier's declaration, everything is pointing to the fact that the Nigeria international will be included on the travel roster to Monaco as he has been passed fit and eager to make his 24th appearance of the season in all competitions.

"Victor returned from Monaco yesterday after taking exams ," Galtier was quoted as saying by the official website of the LFP.

"These examinations have shown that he is fit to play tomorrow. He had a very thorough assessment, and today we have the green light so that he can play. And he wants to play! ".

Osimhen is Lille's leading scorer with 12 goals to his name and has produced four assists in 23 games.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 4:40pm On Dec 20, 2019
TheGoodJoe:

Where did the overrating come from?

From football fans here.

For once, I'm siding with the Everton fans on Iwobi's performance

Please note that insults will be ignored

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7989) (7990) (7991) (7992) (7993) (7994) (7995) ... (16352) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: M7even(m), mummyson26(m), Koboko99(m), TheSuperNerd(m), enlady(f), MetalJigsaw(m), Pidginwhisper, XshegzzyeeiX2 and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.