Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,720 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11721747 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8130) (8131) (8132) (8133) (8134) (8135) (8136) ... (16167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 3:02pm On Jan 09, 2020
ChrisKels:

In the next 2-3years, our goal keeping position would be having options a bit similar to what Senegal is enjoying now, with all three of their goalkeepers regular starters in the French league. I just wish we could get our own Onana from this James boy

Bros please any news on John Amah?
News about him is not quite distinctive in truth apart from the below old item

The 16-year-old narrowly passed the Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) test before the trip to Niger and had been in danger of being axed from the AFCON squad and those fears were confirmed after the latest round of MRI tests carried out this month.

Galatasaray had scouted Amah during the UEFA Assist U17 International Tournament held in Turkey last month and planned to watch him in Tanzania this month before making a transfer decision.

French Ligue 1 side Marseille were mulling over a move for the glovesman before the MRI setback.

It is understood that Nigeria U20s coach Paul Aigbogun is considering inviting him to train with the Flying Eagles ahead of next month's World Cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jan 09, 2020
Who cares about the CAF awards when we got GOALsimhen banging in screamers!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kendrick93(m): 3:05pm On Jan 09, 2020
charlesemeka85:
According to famous British bookmaking firm William Hill, European champions Liverpool are the favourites to sign Victor Osimhen if he departs Lille before February 1, 2020.

The Nigeria international is attracting interest from several big European clubs after a brilliant start to his career in France that has seen him score 14 goals in 25 matches across all competitions.

Based on the odds, Liverpool are in pole position to sign the former Wolfsburg starlet followed by Barcelona and Real Madrid, who are joint second.

West Ham and Chelsea are the next in line to sign Osimhen while Tottenham Hotspur are the sixth favourite, according to the bookmakers.

Lille President Gérard Lopez has repeatedly stated that he is not willing to sanction the sale of the striker in the January transfer window and is hoping to keep him at the club beyond this season.

Signed for a fee of 12 million euros from Sporting Charleroi in August 2019, the 2015 U17 World Cup Golden Boot winner is now valued in the region of seventy million euros.

Osimhen's contract with Lille expires at the end of the 2023-2024 season.
lemme not laugh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kendrick93(m): 3:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
tbaba1234:

What is the correlation? two different players..

Besides, Osimhen is doing as well as Pepe did last season in his first season. Their goal return per game is exactly the same. WIth fewer penalties, i might add.

No need to underrate Osimhen to drive a point.

Point is Nicholas Pepe looked world class in the french Ligue One which is why arsenal bought him for over 70m ...
I remembered the Bayern Munich board said Pepe wasn't Bayern's standard which is why they refused to go for him... Scoring in the french Ligue doesn't mean a player will succeed at a top club/league....
So far there's nothing Osimhem has done that Pepe hadn't and we all know how that went, which is my scepticism.....
imagine someone up there saying he will bench benzema at Real.....there is thin line between realism and delusion

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:16pm On Jan 09, 2020
kendrick93:
lemme not laugh
you dey laugh yourself.

Some people will hide their heads in shame after making 'purple patch' statements and being disgraced mere hours later, but I suppose you can't afford the shame.

Dey laugh yourself, while GOALSimhen is moving to greater heights. You will still be watching him on your screen for a long time. Enjoy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kendrick93(m): 3:20pm On Jan 09, 2020
safarigirl:
you dey laugh yourself.

Some people will hide their heads in shame after making 'purple patch' statements and being disgraced meee hours later, but I suppose you can't afford the shame.

Dey laugh yourself, while GOALSimhen is moving to greater heights. You will still be watching him on your screen for a long time. Enjoy
And I will be happy to be proved wrong.....
I will love a Nigerian to play for my club but I have to be realistic....
Does he have the quality to play in this Liverpool team? No.
but like i said I will be happy if my observation turns out to be wrong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 3:21pm On Jan 09, 2020
tbaba1234:

Pepe scored a whooping 9 goals from the spot. Osimhen has just 1 from the spot.
Out of a total of 22 goals in 38 matches for 2018/2019 season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 3:23pm On Jan 09, 2020
zicky:
Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative from NFF Officials.

The funeral of Isaac Promise, the former Nigeria youth captain, took place in the south-eastern town of Umudim, Ohekelem, Imo State.

Promise, 31, died of a suspected heart attack in early October in the United States, according to American second-tier side Austin Bold.

Clad in black, the family gathered three months after his death to attend the burial ceremony.

Despite representing his country at all youth level, he was buried in a low-key ceremony with a no-show from top Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) officials.

"We sent out the programme in December, but there was no representative from the football community," a family member told us this,

"Imagine a former captain of Nigeria and there was no NFF representatives among the audience, & not even a former teammate.

"This is another lesson for footballers, you're only important when you're actively involved in the game because no one cares after your career is over."Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative from NFF Officials.

The funeral of Isaac Promise, the former Nigeria youth captain, took place in the south-eastern town of Umudim, Ohekelem, Imo State.

Promise, 31, died of a suspected heart attack in early October in the United States, according to American second-tier side Austin Bold.

Clad in black, the family gathered three months after his death to attend the burial ceremony.

Despite representing his country at all youth level, he was buried in a low-key ceremony with a no-show from top Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) officials.

"We sent out the programme in December, but there was no representative from the football community," a family member told us this,

[b]"Imagine a former captain of Nigeria and there was no NFF representatives among the audience, & not even a former teammate.

"This is another lesson for footballers, you're only important when you're actively involved in the game because no one cares after your career is over."[/b]Isaac Promise Buried With No Representative from NFF Officials.

"Imagine a former captain of Nigeria and there was no NFF representatives among the audience, & not even a former teammate.

"This is another lesson for footballers, you're only important when you're actively involved in the game because no one cares after your career is over."

That is why I will always tell people: 'The most important people in your life are your family and those your friends you grew up with when you were a 'nobody'.

All the people that are attracted to you when you have attained stardom are just there because of what you have achieved.

Never joke with your family. Never snub your childhood friends. They are the ones that truly love you.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 3:24pm On Jan 09, 2020
kendrick93:
Point is Nicholas Pepe looked world class in the french Ligue One which is why arsenal bought him for over 70m ...
I remembered the Bayern Munich board said Pepe wasn't Bayern's standard which is why they refused to go for him... Scoring in the french Ligue doesn't mean a player will succeed at a top club/league....
So far there's nothing Osimhem has done that Pepe hadn't and we all know how that went, which is my scepticism.....
imagine someone up there saying he will bench benzema at Real.....there is thin line between realism and delusion

Nobody said he will bench Benzema, he only said he will be an understudy to him and probably take over when he leaves(which will happen so as he is 33)

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 3:31pm On Jan 09, 2020
lexyman:

if this boy want to be the best , he should go and beat the best ...I want him in Madrid ... Benzema will be 33 this year ...NO OTHER STRIKER IN MADRID IS BETTER THAN HIM .
After all, Real Madrid is his boyhood and dream club.

So, he should be playing with passion and patriotism at it Best.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:47pm On Jan 09, 2020
17 years old Attacker, Noni Madueke starts upfront for PSV in a friendly vs Club Brugge.
He is a right-winger who also plays as an AM. Well, he plays upfront today as a CF.

Dennis, David are rested on the bench and may see action depending on the coach.

Game is on... About 15mins in.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
Done deal.... Etebo is set to go!

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
Following a successful medical at the Cemtro Clinic, Super Eagles midfielder Oghenekaro Etebo has completed his move to Spanish La Liga side Getafe, signing a six-month loan deal until the end of the 2019-2020 season, with a purchase option.

Etebo was unveiled to the media and fans on Thursday and one of the questions he was asked by the journalists present was his decision to join Stoke City in the summer of 2018, rather than Getafe, who had expressed interest in his services after a successful loan spell at Las Palmas from Portuguese setup Feirense.

The former Warri Wolves star has confirmed an exclusive report by allnigeriasoccer.com in July 2018 that Watford were in pole position to sign him before he was snatched from under the noses of the Premier League side.

"To be fair, after the World Cup I was supposed to go to Watford. While we were preparing for the World Cup, the officials of Stoke City flew down from England to Austria and then they approached me,'' said Etebo.

"The target of the team is to go back to the Premier League because they have spent a lot of money and it is a good team. It is a big team, it is a Premier League team.

"All the same, it doesn't work out well, so as we all know to play in the Premier League is a good thing just as to play in the Spanish League. I had to inform them to allow me go since Getafe wanted me.

"I didn't go to Stoke City because of the money or because the contract was big or they pay that much, it's just because I felt it was an opportunity for them to go back to the Premier League".

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Etebo turned down Watford because they did not guarantee him playing opportunities and the contract offered to him by the Premier League side was nothing to write home about.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:04pm On Jan 09, 2020
noni is a top talent with a lovely left foot. he is naturally a winger but can be deployed as a number 8 or 10.
TheSuperNerd:

17 years old Attacker, Noni Madueke starts upfront for PSV in a friendly vs Club Brugge.
He is a right-winger who also plays as an AM. Well, he plays upfront today as a CF.

Dennis, David are rested on the bench and may see action depending on the coach.

Game is on... About 15mins in.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:07pm On Jan 09, 2020
And the 17 years old Noni Madueke just scored.... It is 1-0 to PSV. cool

charlesemeka85:
noni is a top talent with a lovely left foot. he is naturally a winger but can be deployed as a number 8 or 10.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
Dessers start for Heracles vs FC Sion in a friendly also on now. 7 mins played.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:09pm On Jan 09, 2020
yas! he is been tipped to make his debut in the eirdevisie before the end of the season. highly rated in psv
TheSuperNerd:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:12pm On Jan 09, 2020
I no come understand this update shaa... First they say Noni scores but I still dey see 0-0. If only I was watching shaa.

Will confirm the true status.

TheSuperNerd:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:13pm On Jan 09, 2020
cheesy cheesy
TheSuperNerd:
I no come understand this update shaa... First they say Noni scores but I still dey see 0-0. If only I was watching shaa.

Will confirm the true status.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:14pm On Jan 09, 2020
True talk. Will be 18 by the 10th next month. Really special player shaa.... Abeg pardon the false alarm. It appeared the report of him scoring was false.

charlesemeka85:
yas! he is been tipped to make his debut in the eirdevisie before the end of the season. highly rated in psv

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 4:14pm On Jan 09, 2020
andrewbaba44:

No lies there bro

Liverpool fans are toxic

Dont take it serious with me ok
Iheanacho isn't Liverpool's enemy number one...he isn't the reason why we lost the league last season..Salah and Mane's selfishness was want cost us the league...
Whatever u see up there are mere banters!

If there's any club Liverpool fans hate most, it's Man utd and Everton! ..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:15pm On Jan 09, 2020
bazee scores against hibs

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 4:16pm On Jan 09, 2020
I have took my time watch these guys and from.what I've seen, all I can say is the Future of the Super Eagles have never been brighter, I'm banking on this new generation to make meat pie of the achievement of the 94/96 team...

Ovie Ejaria - very skillful, expecially those feint body movement, very hard to disposes him of the ball as he is very strong, skillfull and if you come too much he would nutmeg you... variant of Yaya toure in stature and the flamboyance of Pogba.. He won't go unnoticed in the middle of the pack, and will be a very beautiful addition to the Eagles...

Eze- sometimes I get tired of the noise here about him, but truly we don't have anybody in the current setup like him, if we truly needed an attacking midlfieder, then look no further... Very skillful, and can hold the ball very well, sleaky and can't be dispossed easily, also got a nice shot, and can score and assist... Need I say more, his stats this season is evident... And let me add, osihmen will score tire with this guy behind him..

Chidera ejuke - very fast, azin lightning speed kinda fast,very skillful, goal scorer also... You know those players that run at the defence all day, yeah that's him... To be honest, I don't see onyekuru or Musa benching this guy...

Also watched a little bit of dessers and to be honest, he didn't light me up like this 3 guys above...

We are still to see the best of Goalsihmen, chukwueze, Aribo, kalu etc and are hoping a great return for iheanacho, Etebo, etc...

Our team will rule Africa... Multiple times I believe...

And we don't need anymore attacking players abeg, or headache will kill gernot rohr...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:19pm On Jan 09, 2020
Etebo will dorn jersey #5 for La Liga side, Getafe CF....

Hours ago, he had first press conference as a Getafe man.

Courtesy: ANS

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:20pm On Jan 09, 2020
Galatasaray all set to fly on Eagles' wings as they announce the signing of yet another Nigerian Winger, Jesse Sekidika, who joins his compatriot, Henry Onyekuru on Gala's payroll.

- Onyekuru LW

- Sekidika RW

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:21pm On Jan 09, 2020
ChrisKels:
Galatasaray all set to fly on Eagles' wings as they announces the signing of yet another Nigerian Winger, Jesse Sekidika, who joins his compatriot, Henry Onyekuru on Gala's payroll.

- Onyekuru LW

- Sekidika RW

This one go sweet die.... Twin Naija Wing Terrors... From Turkey with love... Lol...
Turkish Sweetness! cool

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:29pm On Jan 09, 2020
the future is freaking bright. also newcastle pushing to sign club brugge's emmanuel bonaventure dennis
ChrisKels:
Galatasaray all set to fly on Eagles' wings as they announce the signing of yet another Nigerian Winger, Jesse Sekidika, who joins his compatriot, Henry Onyekuru on Gala's payroll.

- Onyekuru LW

- Sekidika RW

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:30pm On Jan 09, 2020
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy later shallow minded folks will be yarning opata say we dey over hype our players
TheSuperNerd:

This one go sweet die.... Twin Naija Wing Terrors... From Turkey with love... Lol...
Turkish Sweetness! cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:32pm On Jan 09, 2020
Jesse Sekidika will dorn Jersey no. #28 for Turkish Giants, Galatasaray. Onyekuru will wear #70.

RW- Jesse S. (Jesse Tamunobaraboye Sekidika)
LW- Henry O. (Henry Chukwuemeka Onyekuru)

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:40pm On Jan 09, 2020
ChrisKels:

- Onyekuru LW

- Sekidika RW
lol

The picture with Sekidika, na pre-wedding photos abi wetin? Why that man hold am for waist like that?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 4:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
Subzero047:

All this your like, hate players, I'm his fan bla bla bla

Nobody hate SE players so don't claim to love them more than anybody else

Exactly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8130) (8131) (8132) (8133) (8134) (8135) (8136) ... (16167) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Napoleon55(m), ThunderFireAgba and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.