Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,254 members, 7,815,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11647468 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8170) (8171) (8172) (8173) (8174) (8175) (8176) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 16, 2020
I don't know if it has been reported here but
Dakkada Fc lost at home to a Nassarawa United
A team that was at 18 place before kick off
this makes it 4 away wins in a match day week

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:40pm On Jan 16, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Tell them bro

I think most of them do worship foreign born players

I have been preaching thus same thing since. Eze or not, we move ahead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:41pm On Jan 16, 2020
sheyishemba:

If aribo can cope with d physicality African football
So tell me why ejaria can't cope

The championship is very physical oo.

If we can be top rated in such a physical league, then he can cope with African football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:43pm On Jan 16, 2020
Humility017:

You're very right....
So sorry for my response the other time...I was not in right frame of mind and also the post was not okay with me

Its alright bro.

We are one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:43pm On Jan 16, 2020
maja scores

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:18pm On Jan 16, 2020
Nigeria defender Tyronne Ebuehi is set for a loan spell in the Netherlands after failing to win a regular playing spot at Portuguese Primeira Liga champions Benfica, Completesports.com reports.

Ebuehi linked up with the Eagles in 2018 but missed the entire campaign after copping a cruciate ligament injury in training.

The 24-year-old has also struggled with his fitness this season and has featured in seven games for the Benfica’s U23 side and made four appearances for the Team B.

According to a report in Portuguese online news hub, abola.pt, Benfica are looking at the possibility of sending the right-back out on loan to a club in Holland before the close of the winter transfer window.

Ebuehi spent four years at Dutch Eredivisie outfit ADO Den Haag before moving to Benfica on a free transfer in 2018 penning a five-year contract.

He made 78 league appearances for the club and scored one goal.

Ebuehi was in Nigeria’s 23-man squad for the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia. He came on as a substitute in the second half of a 2–0 victory over Iceland.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:18pm On Jan 16, 2020
Bordeaux withdraws from signing Benteke

Good for Maja

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 10:22pm On Jan 16, 2020
ozonwafor on the bench for almeria against real oviedo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 11:44pm On Jan 16, 2020

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 11:57pm On Jan 16, 2020
I agree absolutely!
charlesemeka85:
his low work rate and laziness off the ball is his biggest shortcomings. with spurs signing fenendez from benfica on loan with an agreement to sign him permanently next summer i doubt spurs will be going for eze anymore. his best bet are sheffield united,crystal palace and southampton who re all interested in having him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by waffiboi: 2:37am On Jan 17, 2020
Subzero047:
Ejaria and Sadiq Umar have one thing in common grin

Wat is this
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 2:46am On Jan 17, 2020
charlesemeka85:
his low work rate and laziness off the ball is his biggest shortcomings. with spurs signing fenendez from benfica on loan with an agreement to sign him permanently next summer i doubt spurs will be going for eze anymore. his best bet are sheffield united,crystal palace and southampton who re all interested in having him

I am beginning to see how wrong I was in joining the Social media campaign aimed at getting a NT call up for Eze.
Unless the guy improves, he won't even make it with the SE. The Rohr that I know doesn't fancy such players.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:01am On Jan 17, 2020
fabyom:

Following Dele's footstep.
As for me, I prefer Ejaria.
Eze easily get lost in games.
Ejaria is your elite midfield general.
A Mikel and Oliseh in one body.

Today the tide is on Ejaria.

Yesterday it was on Eze and you all never saw his short comings. grin

Ejaria is now your infallible midfield general of the mold of Mikel and Oliseh in one. grin

Bookmarked. Let's see what you will make of him tomorrow. grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 3:55am On Jan 17, 2020
This (MD15 of 2019/20) is the first NPFL Matchday with four away wins since Matchday 38 of the 2014 season. Uncommon.

Source: Opta Nigeria
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:26am On Jan 17, 2020
OGN don start. How credible is this news?

Disengaged Coaches Of Nigeria U17, 20 Teams Reapply To Keep Their Position
January 16, 2020 095

Former head coaches of the national youth teams of Nigeria have tender their letter of application to continue in their role following the expiration of their contracts which wasn’t renewed by the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) .

NFF disengaged the coaches after their contracts expired citing poor performance of the team as the reason why the football body is throwing open their positions but the coaches want to keep their position.

As at the time of filing in this reports, coach Manu Garba, Paul Aigbogun and Imama Amapakabo have all applied to keep their jobs as coach of the Under-17, Under-20 and Under-23 respectively. Some of their assistants also applied.

This time around the NFF won’t be in charge of the recruitment as it has been handed over to a private firm who will screen the candidates before conducting an interview among the coaches for recommendations to the NFF.

Already as many as 60 coaches have applied and most of them possess coaching certificates of the highest level making the process a lot harder to pick the successful candidates for the job.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 7:44am On Jan 17, 2020
unicorn79:

Today the tide is on Ejaria.

Yesterday it was on Eze and you all never saw his short comings. grin

Ejaria is now your infallible midfield general of the mold of Mikel and Oliseh in one. grin

Bookmarked. Let's see what you will make of him tomorrow. grin
If you have my quote praising Eze please kindly post it, if not I deserve an apology from you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:54am On Jan 17, 2020
Joebie:

January 16, 2020 095

Former head coaches of the national youth teams of Nigeria have tender their letter of application to continue in their role following the expiration of their contracts which wasn’t renewed by the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) .

NFF disengaged the coaches after their contracts expired citing poor performance of the team as the reason why the football body is throwing open their positions but the coaches want to keep their position.

As at the time of filing in this reports, coach Manu Garba, Paul Aigbogun and Imama Amapakabo have all applied to keep their jobs as coach of the Under-17, Under-20 and Under-23 respectively. Some of their assistants also applied.

This time around the NFF won’t be in charge of the recruitment as it has been handed over to a private firm who will screen the candidates before conducting an interview among the coaches for recommendations to the NFF.

Already as many as 60 coaches have applied and most of them possess coaching certificates of the highest level making the process a lot harder to pick the successful candidates for the job.

They were sacked for a reason
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 10:10am On Jan 17, 2020
Shame no dey catch them?
They should go on sabatical, rethink their errors and improve on themselves instead of rushing to come and repeat same nonsense they did
Joebie:

January 16, 2020 095

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jimmyiovine: 10:30am On Jan 17, 2020
Joebie:

January 16, 2020 095

It is probably true. All Garba knows is U17 or U20, been there since late Yemi Tella days.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:49pm On Jan 17, 2020
jimmyiovine:

It is probably true. All Garba knows is U17 or U20, been there since late Yemi Tella days.

he knows nothing

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 2:26pm On Jan 17, 2020
Joebie:

January 16, 2020 095

not a bad thing they applied, the bad thing will be if they get reappointed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jimmyiovine: 2:56pm On Jan 17, 2020
jihday:
not a bad thing they applied, the bad thing will be if they get reappointed

Won’t surprise me if Garba gets reappointed. He always does
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:48pm On Jan 17, 2020
I can't believe leganes sold En-Nesyri even with relegation looming.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 4:38pm On Jan 17, 2020
Joebie:

January 16, 2020 095

Private firm again?

What is the role of the technical committee then?

Who are the constituent members that can't be mandated to appoint coaches for the junior cadre?

Is their Job only meant to scrutinize Rohr's SUPER EAGLES list as might be submitted?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:48pm On Jan 17, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

Release clause was met, they had no choice.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:53pm On Jan 17, 2020
Lol... Even I was quite surprised. They still got Braithwaite and Carillo shaa. Also 20 million euros (release clause) for En-Nesyri who was gotten for 6 million in the summer of 2018 sounds like profit made. wink

Finally, I believe En-Nesyri himself wanted the move. I mean it's a step up for him personally.

BascoVanVeli:

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:57pm On Jan 17, 2020
OGN reports that Tyrone Ebuehi will be loaned to Holland (Dutch Eredivisie) by Benfica this month for regular playing time.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:43pm On Jan 17, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

Sold to who??

Are they mad?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:45pm On Jan 17, 2020
Kbs468:

Private firm again?

What is the role of the technical committee then?

Who are the constituent members that can't be mandated to appoint coaches for the junior cadre?

Is their Job only meant to scrutinize Rohr's SUPER EAGLES list as might be submitted?

They are to make sure there is no biasness in the selection of coaches

Your motives are getting clearer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:09pm On Jan 17, 2020
Lol... Sold to Sevilla.

Subzero047:

Sold to who??

Are they mad?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:41pm On Jan 17, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Lol... Sold to Sevilla.

Wow
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by EmmGee: 7:50pm On Jan 17, 2020
boss what do you think of
andre fili vs sodiq yusuff

Tbaba1234

(1) (2) (3) ... (8170) (8171) (8172) (8173) (8174) (8175) (8176) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Pidginwhisper and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.