Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,626 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11607665 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8302) (8303) (8304) (8305) (8306) (8307) (8308) ... (16125) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:37pm On Feb 15, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Osaze Urhoghide and Dom Iorfa Jnr both start for Sheffield Wednesday as RB and CB respectively in the English Championship vs Reading FC.

Ovie Ejaria starts for Reading and will play behind the striker.

Game kicks off in 29mins.

Thanks for the updates. What has happened to Odubajo? Is he injured again? But no worries another 9ja is the one who has taken over whether permanently or temporarily.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:41pm On Feb 15, 2020
Simy with an assist as Crotone currently playing 2-2 away at Juve Stabia. Almost half time.

TheSuperNerd:
Simy Nwankwo starts for Crotone away at Juve Stabia in the Serie B. His side are currently sitting second in the league after 23 games and that's one of the two automotic promotion slots to the Serie A.

Game starts in 49mins.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:50pm On Feb 15, 2020
He might be injured coz he has missed the last two games for them before now. And yes, Osaze returns.

AndSunGorilla:

Thanks for the updates. What has happened to Odubajo? Is he injured again? But no worries another 9ja is the one who has taken over whether permanently or temporarily.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:55pm On Feb 15, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Balogun Starts

Leon Balogun starts for Wigan away at Cardiff City in the English Championship. Game kicks off in 40mins.

Great, I hope he does well enough to maintain his position when the suspended player returns.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:37pm On Feb 15, 2020
Ejaria with an assist as Reading leads Sheffield Wed. away 1-0.

Game has seen 36 mins so far.

TheSuperNerd:
Osaze Urhoghide and Dom Iorfa Jnr both start for Sheffield Wednesday as RB and CB respectively in the English Championship vs Reading FC.

Ovie Ejaria starts for Reading and will play behind the striker.

Game kicks off in 29mins.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:42pm On Feb 15, 2020
Ebere Eze scores!!! 2-2 now as that game approaches half time break.

That was Eze's 11th league goal. He is now on 11 goals and 6 assists in 33 league apps.

TheSuperNerd:
Josh Onomah starts for Fulham vs Barnsley in the English Championship.

Ebere Eze and Bright Osayi Samuel start for QPR vs Stoke in the English Championship.

Both games start in 31 mins.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:42pm On Feb 15, 2020
Ebere Eze and Adarabioyo with goals.

Ejaria with an assist

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:46pm On Feb 15, 2020
Etebo playing as a right midfielder against Barca
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:03pm On Feb 15, 2020
Bolowolowo:
Just checked Vandrezzer’s Insta...

They sent their coach to watch a Man City game so he could study Guardiola. They also offer premium season tickets (includes food catering) and are giving a major facelift to their stadium.

They are indeed setting the standard.

Why are all coaches studying guardiola who is a check book coach ?

That’s too bad abeg

They should go and study better coaches who get players for free and use them in winning trebble grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Etebo returns

Oghenekaro Etebo starts for Getafe vs FC Barcelona.

Game kicks off in 45mins.

Wow

I am happy seeing him play against Barca for the second time in his career

This should be one of his biggest achievement as he is yet to win anything in football

I hope getafe signs him permanent

They are the Leicester of laliga right now
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:13pm On Feb 15, 2020
Osaze Urhoghide sent off. He gets his second yellow.

Sheffield Wednesday still trailing Ejaria's Reading by 1-0.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:16pm On Feb 15, 2020
Emmanuel Dennis Bonaventure and David Okereke both on the bench for Club Brugges as they play host to Waasland Beveren in the Belgian Jupiler.

Game kicks off in 44 mins.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Eizzy003(m): 5:19pm On Feb 15, 2020
nelszx:

They should really work on that turf
It's like playing on sand
In our bid to redefine the dynamics of club football in Nigeria , Vandrezzer FC has recently acquired world class modern football equipment to complement the existing facilities being utilized.

The items acquired from leading sports equipment distributors Net World Sports , London, are exactly what Europe's top clubs utilize for their training and match regimes.

They include -Latest mechanised goalposts (with wheels), 6ft Spring Loaded Slalom Poles, football coaching mannequins, and coaching folder.

Others are - Team Shelter (manufactured by leading brand FORZA), High Grade marker cones and paints, Wembley stadium machine line marker, Electronic Sub boards, Ball launcher, 20ft Mesh Perim net, and Speed Parachute.

Focused on running football according to global best standards, the club management has resolved that only the high standard equipment MUST be used , in order to produce standard results on and off the pitch.

In the next few days, the club will also take delivery of state of the art media equipment for streaming and production for soon-to-be launched Vandrezzer Television, which will be an online channel mainly focused on bringing the club's games LIVE to fans all over the world.

This is in addition to the state of the art mower, stadium and training grounds management equipment which are expected to arrive the club next month.

Upon arrival of the grounds management facilities, Vandrezzer FC will be organizing a training course for clubs on effective grounds management in Nigeria stadia. Details of this will be advanced shortly.

Meanwhile, Vandrezzer coach, Brazilian tactician Rafael Everton has returned to Nigeria after a tour of football facilities in London.

#vandrezzernews #news #newsupdate #newsupdates

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:22pm On Feb 15, 2020
Samuel Chukwueze will again start from the bench for Villarreal as they take on Levante in La liga. Paco and Moreno start together as usual. Ever since Paco's arrival, this is now the norm because Moreno (their top scorer) just have to be accommodated in their first XI also.

Game kicks off in 1 hour and 8mins. Villarreal looking to climb into 6th to 7th place from their current 8th position on the table.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:23pm On Feb 15, 2020
God bless Vandrezzer.

Our football has everything to gain from their success. Hope the locals patronize them accordingly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 5:25pm On Feb 15, 2020
cheesy

andrewbaba44:

That’s too bad abeg

They should go and study better coaches who get players for free and use them in winning trebble grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:32pm On Feb 15, 2020
Bolowolowo:
God bless Vandrezzer.

Our football has everything to gain from their success. Hope the locals patronize them accordingly.

I don't see where they can recuperate the money they are spending because there is no money in Nigerian football

Ifeanyi Ubah did the same and was frustrated by lack of returns

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 5:44pm On Feb 15, 2020
cool

First month

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 5:51pm On Feb 15, 2020
Subzero047:

I don't see where they can recuperate the money they are spending because there is no money in Nigerian football

Ifeanyi Ubah did the same and was frustrated by lack of returns
honestly that's the sad part of it.

No money in and lack of patronisation in the npfl
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:02pm On Feb 15, 2020
Bright Osayi Samuel also joined Eze on the Scoresheet as they helped QPR run out 4-2 winners over Stoke City.

TheSuperNerd:
Ebere Eze scores!!! 2-2 now as that game approaches half time break.

That was Eze's 11th league goal. He is now on 11 goals and 6 assists in 33 league apps.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 6:04pm On Feb 15, 2020
Chukwueze: Cazorla confirms calls from Arsenal over in-demand Villarreal winger

The 35-year-old has affirmed the Emirates Stadium outfit have made an enquiry on the talented Super Eagles forward

Former Arsenal midfielder Santi Cazorla has revealed he received calls from the Gunners over a potential summer transfer of Villarreal winger Samuel Chukwueze.

The highly-rated Nigeria international has been in fine form since his promotion to the first team of the Yellow Submarine in 2018, which has seen him attract interests from a number of Premier League clubs including Manchester City, Chelsea and Liverpool.

During the January transfer window, Villarreal reportedly turned down a €35million offer from the Reds for the 20-year-old.

Cazorla, currently a teammate of Chukwueze after leaving the Gunners in 2018, explained his former club have made enquiries on the forward as well as centre-back Pau Torres.

“They [Arsenal] ask me about them and think they can make the jump to the Premiership tomorrow,” he told Marca.

“It’s good that great teams are interested in young players from Villarreal, but for the moment I tell them to leave them alone here.

“They still have to take steps forward. They both have a great personality, and their feet are on the ground.”

This season, the £60million-rated winger has scored four goals and provided four assists amid other dazzling displays.

Chukwueze will be expected to be on parade when Villarreal slug it out with Levante in Saturday’s La Liga game.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:18pm On Feb 15, 2020
elyte89:
cool

First month

cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:28pm On Feb 15, 2020
seankafor:
honestly that's the sad part of it.

No money in and lack of patronisation in the npfl

They will recoup their investment by selling players...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:50pm On Feb 15, 2020
Looks like Maduka Okoye has been promoted to the first team. On the bench today.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:55pm On Feb 15, 2020
Icon4s:

Being the assistant coach automatically makes him in charge of the CHAN and U23 teams. We dey watch grin
those teams are on sabbatical.

So, he still has time to develop before he gets on the job properly.

Imama made sure to make the transition easier
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:02pm On Feb 15, 2020
andrewbaba44:

That’s too bad abeg

calm down, no be only Man City game the coach don go see.

He went to see a Southampton game just last month, I think they played Spurs or Liverpool, so, he don study better coaches already, it is just Guardiola's turn.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:08pm On Feb 15, 2020
safarigirl:

He went to see a Southampton game just last month, I think they played Spurs or Liverpool, so, he don study better coaches already, it is just Guardiola's turn.

Na guardiola person wey I quote talk so Na so I respond to grin

E don study better coach nah ,to mention the coach dey fear you nah ,maybe Na coach wey no get Name grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 7:11pm On Feb 15, 2020
safarigirl:

you even waste time reply him...

sometimes his posts here I just don't understand maybe he needs to understand that It is not everything you post about..or what you think

either he is vilifying others or trying to make it look others are against the progress of some players or not rated at all.

I have said it severally to him...if you wanna praise or commend a player or a coach do so willingly and don't start berate others who don't fancy him/her, or diss them for not commending them because everyone likes differs and they own no one an explanation for it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:17pm On Feb 15, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Na guardiola person wey I quote talk so Na so I respond to grin

E don study better coach nah ,to mention the coach dey fear you nah ,maybe Na coach wey no get Name grin
no be me do you say you no sabi who dey coach Liverpool or Spurs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:21pm On Feb 15, 2020
safarigirl:
no be me do you say you no sabi who dey coach Liverpool or Spurs.

No be me do you wey you no no their name

And no be me also do you wey you no dey watch football to know they haven’t achieve what pep has achieved grin

No be me also do you wey you get mind dey call coach wey never win any trophy for him life grin

Even Steven Keshi get silverware as a coach pass pochetino grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:23pm On Feb 15, 2020
Humility017:

you even waste time reply him...

sometimes his posts here I just don't understand maybe he needs to understand that It is not everything you post about..or what you think

either he is vilifying others or trying to make it look others are against the progress of some players or not rated at all.

I have said it severally to him...if you wanna praise or commend a player or a coach do so willingly and don't start berate others who don't fancy him/her, or diss them for not commending them because everyone likes differs and they own no one an explanation for it

You get something against me to quote me you no fit ,you dey quote woman to get fine face

I wonder the type of man you are

The last time we quoted ourselves here we didn’t quarrel so what’s even your point self ?

You have a problem or you are just a confused person

Most times I wonder what most of you do feel like ,lol

Smh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:29pm On Feb 15, 2020
Moses Simon starts for Nantes vs Metz. The Injury couldn't hold him down. Simon is back! smiley

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (8302) (8303) (8304) (8305) (8306) (8307) (8308) ... (16125) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ChrisKels, slimthugchimee2(m), quickberry(m), do4luv14(m), Philosopher1979 and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.