Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,292 members, 7,815,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8365) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11648261 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8362) (8363) (8364) (8365) (8366) (8367) (8368) ... (16145) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:46pm On Feb 29, 2020
edi287:

He wasn't. Auba was better last season.
The guy is massively overrated abeg. Figured it out after his first season.
Slow, weak, can't press, nothing.

If he is overrated maybe he will be in the French team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LagosEconomist: 5:04pm On Feb 29, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Eberechi Eze and Osayi Samuel start for QPR vs Birmingham City FC.

Ovie Ejaria starts for Reading vs Barnsley.

All in the Championship. Games currently on.

Leon Balogun of Wigan is up against Semi Ajayi of West Brom.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 5:05pm On Feb 29, 2020
Odunayaw:
Watch Humility come and clamor for inclusion grin

This table you're shaking.....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:07pm On Feb 29, 2020
Mikel's Trabzonspor are back on top in the Turkish Super Lig after a 4-2 win over Rizespor.

Mikel Obi received his second yellow and was sent off with a red card after putting in a very decent showing. He was sent off for handball which gave Rizespor a penalty. The first yellow was for a foul.

Anthony Nwakaeme came off the bench in the 45th min (start of second half), scored one and assisted one. He now has 9 goals and 6 assists in 22 league apps.
Overall for the season, he is on 11 goals and 8 assists in 26 apps.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:08pm On Feb 29, 2020
I have already reported that on two occasions at least. Maybe you skipped it.

LagosEconomist:

Leon Balogun of Wigan is up against Semi Ajayi of West Brom.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:12pm On Feb 29, 2020
Odunayaw:
Watch Humility come and clamor for inclusion grin

Lol... Ayo... Ayo.. Ayo... And you want to go to heaven abi? Leave Humility alone naa... Haba grin Una no dey forget sumtin ooo... Lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:17pm On Feb 29, 2020
Osayi Samuel bags an assist for QPR's second. They lead 2-1 at home now vs Birmingham.

He is on 5 goals and 5 assists now in 29 league apps in the Championship.

TheSuperNerd:
Eberechi Eze and Osayi Samuel start for QPR vs Birmingham City FC.

Ovie Ejaria starts for Reading vs Barnsley.

All in the Championship. Games currently on.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 5:22pm On Feb 29, 2020
Bailly and pogba goofing with Ighalo ���

https://twitter.com/MUFCScoop/status/1233764150242947073?s=19

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:37pm On Feb 29, 2020
Guys...right now,it's likely that our AFCON qualifier games won't hold again because of coronavirus
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:38pm On Feb 29, 2020
Collins finished on the losing side again as his side fell 2-0 to Mainz away in the Bundesliga but he was heads and shoulders above his team mates yet again. Easily the best player on the Paderborn team. Finished with the highest tackles in the game. Also scored highest in Interceptions and his passing accuracy was on point.

Collins vs Mainz today:

88 touches, 45 passes, 80% passing accuracy, 2 key passes, 8 tackles, 5 interceptions, 4 clearances, 9 recoveries, committed 2 fouls, 1 shot, 1 aerial won, 1 successful dribble, was fouled once. Whoscored OVR rating of 7.6

#Solid

TheSuperNerd:
Bobby Adekanye on the bench as usual for Lazio vs Bologna. Game kicks off in 13 mins.

Jamilu Collins start for Paderborn away at Mainz. Awoniyi not listed at all. Game kicks off in 43 mins.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 5:39pm On Feb 29, 2020
Leon balogun has been impressive today but unfortunately has been injured

This is a serious problem for him and his aspirations for a call up in March

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:46pm On Feb 29, 2020
Joe Aribo starts for Rangers as a RW again, away at Hearts FC in the Scottish FA cup.

Game kicks off in 44 mins.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:47pm On Feb 29, 2020
And where are you hearing/reading this?

Danielnino00:
Guys...right now,it's likely that our AFCON qualifier games won't hold again because of coronavirus
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 5:50pm On Feb 29, 2020
Danielnino00:
Even Olympics is not likely to hold. AFCON might hold if the virus can be kept in check which I seriously doubt anyway.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:52pm On Feb 29, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
And where are you hearing/reading this?

From nowhere.... Unless Nigeria manages to contain the current outbreak before March,FIFA won't allow us host the games...
There's a good chance that the virus will spread to other African countries soon..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 5:52pm On Feb 29, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Lol... Ayo... Ayo.. Ayo... And you want to go to heaven abi? Leave Humility alone naa... Haba grin Una no dey forget sumtin ooo... Lol
grin grin

Blueelf:

This table you're shaking.....
I no fit shout
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:53pm On Feb 29, 2020
mostob:
Even Olympics is not likely to hold. AFCON might hold if the virus can be kept in check which I seriously doubt anyway.

That's the reality... But the Olympics and AFCON are still far away... Hopefully,the virus would have been contained before then....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:54pm On Feb 29, 2020
The Virus can be put in check if the WHO measures laid out are adhered to. Work is still on round the clock and vaccine will be out in a matter of a few weeks.

mostob:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:57pm On Feb 29, 2020
There is no actual "outbreak" yet. It is just one Italian national who came in from Milan on Feb.25. Nobody else is infected last time I checked and he is contained currently at the Mainland Infectious Diseases Hospital at Yaba, Lagos. Surprisingly, the NCDC in Lagos got the situation under good control. Not all things are "that bad" in the country after all.

Danielnino00:

From nowhere.... Unless Nigeria manages to contain the current outbreak before March,FIFA won't allow us host the games...
There's a good chance that the virus will spread to other African countries soon..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:00pm On Feb 29, 2020
Tosin Adarabioyo bagged an assist today as his team played out a 2-2 home draw vs Swansea in the Championship. It was a game-tying assist. Very crucial for his side.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:04pm On Feb 29, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
There is no actual "outbreak" yet. It is just one Italian national who came in from Milan on Feb.25. Nobody else is infected last time I checked and he is contained currently at the Mainland Infectious Diseases Hospital at Yaba, Lagos. Surprisingly, the NCDC in Lagos got the situation under good control. Not all things are "that bad" in the country after all.

Given our government's lack of sincerity and gross incompetency,there's no telling what will happen next...
Let's hope it's contained...

But like I said, there's a possibility that the games won't hold..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:07pm On Feb 29, 2020
Balogun was subbed off in the second half though Wigan beat West Brom 1-0 to climb out of the relegation zone..
West Brom meanwhile are still top of the table,albeit by one point !
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:13pm On Feb 29, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
The Virus can be put in check if the WHO measures laid out are adhered to. Work is still on round the clock and vaccine will be out in a matter of a few weeks.

Forget WHO abeg.. if the virus isn't contained before August,Japan won't allow people into their country because of a sport event...
They are already closing down schools due to the few cases recorded...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:14pm On Feb 29, 2020
Battle Of the Nigerians 1: Semi Ajayi vs Leon Balogun

West Brom lost 1-0 at home to Balogun's Wigan. This was how they fared statistically.

Semi Ajayi: Played all 90mins, 54 touches, 45 passes, 75.6% passing accuracy, 2 tackles, 2 clearances, 6 aerials won, 1 shot OT, 1 Shot, 1 dribble.

Leon Balogun: Played for 69 min and subbed off after receiving treatment on-field for an injury, 40 touches, 26 passes, 84.6% passing accuracy, 1 tackle, 2 interceptions, 8 clearances, 2 Aerials won.

**Hope Leon's injury won't turn out to be that serious or needing a long layoff.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:21pm On Feb 29, 2020
Danielnino00:

Given our government's lack of sincerity and gross incompetency,there's no telling what will happen next...

Nigeria and Lagos experience with Ebola make them more prepared than some developed countries.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:23pm On Feb 29, 2020
Not just Japan but Korea (South) suspended School activities for now until further notice and rightly so. They have recorded over a hundred cases or so and counting. And no, we cannot forget WHO bcoz talking epidemiology, WHO has a huge role to play in global medical matters like this.

Let us see how it goes before August but I can tell you this authoritatively. It is more prevalent in the far East than here in Africa and vaccines are already on the way.
Africa should work on not letting it in to spread among its citizens. Flights from heavily infected areas should be limited and every one coming in be MUST be quarantined. Imagine Kenya refusing to shut down flights from China. They are playing with fire.

In all, this Virus can be contained and people are even making recoveries daily from the infection. It is not that lethal. Recovery means the possibility % of a strong vaccine just keeps getting higher coz the antibodies of the best recovered humans can be harvested and used to boost whatever Vaccine hit the shelf. It is well.

Danielnino00:

Forget WHO abeg.. if the virus isn't contained before August,Japan won't allow people into their country because of a sport event...
They are already closing down schools due to the few cases recorded...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:24pm On Feb 29, 2020
tbaba1234:

Nigeria and Lagos experience with Ebola make them more prepared than some developed countries.

That was under a more serious government...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:27pm On Feb 29, 2020
I know some of the health professionals who are knee deep in this matter. Lagos will beat this easily. The NCDC in Lagos is well equipped. We boast 4 labs that can detect Coronavirus and determine the next course of action. USA has just six centres that can do that as at last count. This shows how ready Nigeria, Lagos especially, is actually for this. Most countries don't even have the means to detect this virus like we can. It is surprising but true. Corona is dead on arrival in Nigeria.

As for the game holding, time will tell.

Danielnino00:

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:27pm On Feb 29, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Not just Japan but Korea (South) suspended School activities for now until further notice and rightly so. They have recorded over a hundred cases or so and counting. And no, we cannot forget WHO bcoz talking epidemiology, WHO has a huge role to play in global medical matters like this.

Let us see how it goes before August but I can tell you this authoritatively. It is more prevalent in the far East than here in Africa and vaccines are already on the way.
Africa should work on not letting it in to spread among its citizens. Flights from heavily infected areas should be limited and every one coming in be MUST be quarantined. Imagine Kenya refusing to shut down flights from China. They are playing with fire.

In all, this Virus can be contained and people are even making recoveries daily from the infection. It is not that lethal. Recovery means the possibility % of a strong vaccine just keeps getting higher coz the antibodies of the best recovered humans can be harvested and used to boost whatever Vaccine hit the shelf. It is well.

Yea... We hope it is contained...
And countries that have case of infections should stop their citizens from travelling outside... Italy has already exported it to 11 countries...

The collective efforts of the world government are needed to contain it...

In Kenya,I read that the government is begging the Chinese nationals to turn themselves in for quarantine...just imagine !!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:28pm On Feb 29, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
I know some of the health professionals who are knee deep in this matter. Lagos will beat this easily. The NCDC in Lagos is well equipped. We boast 4 labs that can detect Coronavirus and determine the next course of action. USA has just six centres that can do that as at last count. This shows how ready Nigeria, Lagos especially, is actually for this. Most countries don't even have the means to detect this virus like we can. It is surprising but true. Corona is dead on arrival in Nigeria.

As for the game holding, time will tell.

Seems like u have a lot of inside information on the NCDC ...
The report I saw on the front page about the Italian trying to run away from quarantine gave me chills...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:30pm On Feb 29, 2020
As in eh, Italy own sef tire me. I was like... "Bia, na plan abi na wetin?"

Measures are being put in place Danny. It will be well hopefully.

Don't mind Kenya. Very unserious govt. The Kenyan citizens on social media are really fed up of Uhuru and his wuru wuru. Lol

Danielnino00:

Yea... We hope it is contained...
And countries that have case of infections should stop their citizens from travelling outside... Italy has already exported it to 11 countries...

The collective efforts of the world government are needed to contain it...

In Kenya,I read that the government is begging the Chinese nationals to turn themselves in for quarantine...just imagine !!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:33pm On Feb 29, 2020
Well yeah... Naturally I should know. wink

Lol... Don't mind that report. Abeg... He is well contained. Even the Lagos Health Commissioner was there recently to have a check on things.

Danielnino00:

Seems like u have a lot of inside information on the NCDC ...
The report I saw on the front page about the Italian trying to run away from quarantine gave me chills...

2 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (8362) (8363) (8364) (8365) (8366) (8367) (8368) ... (16145) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Danielnino00(m), Oasis007(m), elyte89 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.