Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,144 members, 7,867,329 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 01:58 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8371) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11967186 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8368) (8369) (8370) (8371) (8372) (8373) (8374) ... (16378) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:09pm On Mar 01, 2020
bossto:
Ok tnx sir, I hope he starts though

I think he will

It seems martial is out
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:16pm On Mar 01, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I think he will

It seems martial is out

Yes Martial is out.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:43pm On Mar 01, 2020
Icon4s:

I was beginning to reason out this your line up until I saw Nwakali. undecided

It is a fantasy and I couldn't think of a better prospective ball playing CM, hence my position. So far at Huesca, the signs are positive, should he keep improving and help Huesca back to the La Liga, then...

You all having doubts should bookmark that line up for future references
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:00pm On Mar 01, 2020
ChrisKels:
Who else saw Ighalo's tap in, against Dennisless ten man Brugges on thursday?

Bia Chris... Respect yasef! Dont "angry" us before we send thunder your way... grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:05pm On Mar 01, 2020
Na fact naa. Kalu will be called up and rightly so based on recent NT showings. Besides he just returned from injury and featured from the start in his side's last game.

Not saying he has impressed but that his comeback to fitness means Rohr won't overlook him.

Musa... Well, that one is the Captain so obviously we both know why he will make the list.

In truth, Ejuke has been better than both of them this season combined sef but remember this national team is also about synergy and not just club form. Kalu is in form in the GWG and his return to fitness gives him a chance to re-assert his importance even in the face of growing competition.

Ejuke's time will come but maybe not this march. Time will tell.

I hope you get me now.

andrewbaba44:

God bless you for this statement

Na super nerd no Wetin e dey talk ooo

Kalu ke

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:07pm On Mar 01, 2020
I am certain Akpeyi is happily married already. Even Bulus must be a mother by now. I don't think she made a career out of football anymore. She was that woeful.

Arabiandude:

Hahahahaha, for now I still refuse to agree, but I will research about this bulus. Or maybe she and Akpeyi or Agbim should just get married

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:09pm On Mar 01, 2020
True that. But a fit Kalu who has been on fire lately for the Super Eagles will not be dropped now. That is a fact.

Ejuke could take Musa's place but Musa is Captain.

His time will come this 2020. I am certain of it.

ChrisKels:

Neither of the two has done enough at the club level, lately, to warrant a call ahead of Air- Jaik.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:11pm On Mar 01, 2020
Okay. Perhaps when I find the time.

ChrisKels:

DM me with verifiable references/links, if u wouldn't mind, I will like to read on that. "The antimicrobial effects of the melanocytes in humans".
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:13pm On Mar 01, 2020
Lol. Relax. Osimhen is playing cool and has to make the make the best decision this coming summer. In all, time will tell if staying one more season at Lille could be best for him compared to moving to a bigger side or vice versa. But the lad is trying not to think about this too much hence his response. He is focused on finishing the season very strong.

oloriooko:
Which kind mumu talk be this na? Or na agbari Osi day use for Lille?
I beg if better offer come grab it no be Lille Oga born you shocked

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:16pm On Mar 01, 2020
Samuel Chukwueze starts from the bench (as has become the usual since Paco joined moving Moreno to the right often) for Villarreal vs Athletic Bilbao in an away La Liga fixture.

Game starts in 44 mins.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:21pm On Mar 01, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Na fact naa. Kalu will be called up and rightly so based on recent NT showings. Besides he just returned from injury and featured from the start in his side's last game.

Not saying he has impressed but that his comeback to fitness means Rohr won't overlook him.

Musa... Well, that one is the Captain so obviously we both know why he will make the list.

In truth, Ejuke has been better than both of them this season combined sef but remember this national team is also about synergy and not just club form. Kalu is in form in the GWG and his return to fitness gives him a chance to re-assert his importance even in the face of growing competition.

Ejuke's time will come but maybe not this march. Time will tell.

I hope you get me now.

Got ya

Make we dey see sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:25pm On Mar 01, 2020
ChrisKels:

Lol Agbim na scam. E get one day wey I see am for Blue Island Hotel Enugu, I just dey look am dey smile, my guy no know wetin make me dey smile at him, for him mind belle dey sweet me say I dun meet Agbim, a Nigerian international grin

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... I can authoritatively certify that you are mad! grin Loooolll

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Koboko99(m): 1:27pm On Mar 01, 2020
ChrisKels:

I pray Man United signs him permanently, at least a 2year or 1year deal. The fans seem to love him

The fans love him because of his love and passion to play for them. Even the players too. I posted a video of Pogba and Bailly shouting "Ighalo my brother".....those guys are jus crazy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:33pm On Mar 01, 2020
ChrisKels:

Lol I ain't no fan of the red devils really, but I am always praying dey win because of him. Against Brugges, I was torn btwn supporting the two teams. Naturally, I support any team that features a Nigerian player, unless the team is up against the gods (FCB), in this case I would be rooting for my team while wishing that the particular player has a good game. If only u knew how happy I was the day Chuks destroyed Lenglet and co
me too
up FCB
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:36pm On Mar 01, 2020
Certainly, Dazzling Chukwueze on one wing and Mesmerising Ejuke on the other wing will be another tantalising combo behind/alongside Osimhen as the Number 9. Evils unlimited.

And to think we still have Simon Moses, Samuel Kalu, Emmanuel Bonaventure, Ademola Lookman (prospectively), the likelihood of a Bukayo Saka (who can also function as LB) et al on the wings shows our mad depth. Africa will be in trouble come 2021 and even your Senegal and Cote d'ivoire won't be able to stop us. grin cool

For the midfield, Ebere Eze is good substitute for Iwobi. Ndidi is a constant. And that CM role.. well Na Aribo get am for now. But I know what you are getting at. Let K.Nwakali rise truly at Huesca first. It's true the comeback signs are there but he needs to be playing first before we can slot his name in as one of the options in the long run. He is specially suited to that CM role no doubt about it but right now, that is Aribo's office. wink

The Evolution of the team continues.... More good times await. At least, I am glad you follow the silent progress Nwakali is making to get his name back into the conversation of Super Eagles Midfield generals. I can't wait to see him complete his fitness regimen and start getting game time again. Nwakali's rejuvenation will be Nigeria's gain bcoz it would bring more quality depth without question.

ChrisKels:

I thought Chuks was a super dribbler, till I saw this boy. Daring to be imaginative, below would be my whimsical team come 2021.

All things being equal;

.................................Osimhen..................................

...........Ejike................Eze........................Chuks.......

.................Ndidi......................Nwakali.....................

These midfield and attack would wreck any team if...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:45pm On Mar 01, 2020
Battle of the Nigerians 2

In what supposed to be part 2 of this weekend's All-Eagles Battle, well no Nigerian starts. angry

It is KRC Genk vs Club Brugges starting off in 45 mins.

Emmanuel Bonaventure as we know is ruled out due to injury. While David Okereke starts from the bench.

For Genk, Onuachu didn't make the 18-man matchday list after initially being included in the 21-man party for this game.
Meanwhile, Stephen Odey makes the match day squad and starts from the bench.

Perhaps we could see either or both of them play against each other at some point.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:47pm On Mar 01, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
True that. But a fit Kalu who has been on fire lately for the Super Eagles will not be dropped now. That is a fact.

Ejuke could take Musa's place but Musa is Captain.

His time will come this 2020. I am certain of it.

When was the last time he wore the capitano's arm band that he can't be left out for a better player?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:52pm On Mar 01, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... I can authoritatively certify that you are mad! grin Loooolll

Lol dis is exactly how I was seated that day oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:53pm On Mar 01, 2020
Lol... Funnily as a substitute against Lesotho. He came in and wore the band in our very last game.

But ofcos I get what you mean. Just that, I don't see that happening unless Musa is unfit/injured.

ChrisKels:

When was the last time he wore the capitano's arm band that he can't be left out for a better player?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 1:58pm On Mar 01, 2020
Koboko99:

The fans love him because of his love and passion to play for them. Even the players too. I posted a video of Pogba and Bailly shouting "Ighalo my brother".....those guys are just crazy

Trust me, I get orgasm when I see Africans looking out for one another. I was a big fan of Yaya for the mere fact that he was an African, I even had to overlook his hatred on Mikel, till he made it obvious on young Nacho of City
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:00pm On Mar 01, 2020
maidaboi:
me too
up FCB

Bia Abedinego, I sent u an email, please open ur gmail to reply me
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:03pm On Mar 01, 2020
ChrisKels:

Trust me, I get orgasm when I see Africans looking out for one another. I was a big fan of Yaya for the mere fact that he was an African, I even had to overlook his hatred on Mikel, till he made it obvious on young Nacho of City

Did yaya toure hate mikel ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:04pm On Mar 01, 2020
Ighalo and Iwobi on bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:05pm On Mar 01, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Certainly, Dazzling Chukwueze on one wing and Mesmerising Ejuke on the other wing will be another tantalising combo behind/alongside Osimhen as the Number 9. Evils unlimited.

And to think we still have Simon Moses, Samuel Kalu, Emmanuel Bonaventure, Ademola Lookman (prospectively), the likelihood of a Bukayo Saka (who can also function as LB) et al on the wings shows our mad depth. Africa will be in trouble come 2021 and even your Senegal and Cote d'ivoire won't be able to stop us. grin cool

For the midfield, Ebere Eze is good substitute for Iwobi. Ndidi is a constant. And that CM role.. well Na Aribo get am for now. But I know what you are getting at. Let K.Nwakali rise truly at Huesca first. It's true the comeback signs are there but he needs to be playing first before we can slot his name in as one of the options in the long run. He is specially suited to that CM role no doubt about it but right now, that is Aribo's office. wink

The Evolution of the team continues.... More good times await. At least, I am glad you follow the silent progress Nwakali is making to get his name back into the conversation of Super Eagles Midfield generals. I can't wait to see him complete his fitness regimen and start getting game time again. Nwakali's rejuvenation will be Nigeria's gain bcoz it would bring more quality depth without question.

Hard to admit, but it seems we have already seen the best of Iwobi. Should Eze board this ship with his imminent move to the EPL, Iwobi might be starting from the bench. I have nothing against Aribo, but he isn't good enough.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:06pm On Mar 01, 2020
Battle of the Nigerians 3

Iwobi will start from the bench for the Everton vs Man Utd big matchup.
Ighalo will also start from the bench for the tie.

No Starts in this game too for our Eagles.

Game kicks off in 54mins.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:06pm On Mar 01, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Did yaya toure hate mikel ?

It is no news, at a point he was so bitter Mikel was getting rave reviews alongside him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:08pm On Mar 01, 2020
ChrisKels:

It is no news, at a point he was so bitter Mikel was getting rave reviews alongside him

Okay now I remember
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:09pm On Mar 01, 2020
ChrisKels:

Hard to admit, but it seems we have already seen the best of Iwobi. Should Eze board this ship with his imminent move to the EPL, Iwobi might be starting from the bench. I have nothing against Aribo, but he isn't good enough.

You mean airbo or Iwobi ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:13pm On Mar 01, 2020
Remember Sunday Faleye of the CHAN Eagles?

Doing it for Wacker Innsbruck in Austria's 2nd tier.

He got his second goal of the season for the club today.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:18pm On Mar 01, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Remember Sunday Faleye of the CHAN Eagles?

Doing it for Wacker Innsbruck in Austria's 2nd tier.

He got his second goal of the season for the club today.

He is crap

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:18pm On Mar 01, 2020
Battle of the Nigerians 4: The Most Anticipated Battle of this weekend

Two of the most in-form Super Eagles Stars go head to head, toe to toe, neck to neck and goal threat for goal threat.

Moses Simon starts for Nantes and he is leading the line. He plays CF today.

Victor Osimhen starts upfront too alongside Loic Remy.

This Battle will be epic. cool

#Battle of the Eagles

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:19pm On Mar 01, 2020
Lol calm down. Post is not for you naa... Na for guys like BascoVanVeli of Local league flavor. Faleye is a product of the NPFL. Chillax Chris. Lol

See your mouth like crap. grin

ChrisKels:

He is crap

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8368) (8369) (8370) (8371) (8372) (8373) (8374) ... (16378) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.