Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8506) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11686119 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8503) (8504) (8505) (8506) (8507) (8508) (8509) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 3:13pm On Apr 19, 2020
Danielnino00:
For how long ?
It depends for some countries like UK it takes beyond 10 years
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:02pm On Apr 19, 2020
elyte89:

U av forgotten dt euros is now next year..and dis guy form is ascending daily ,and u can't predict what might happen to d oda players ahead of him in his role,same scenario dt almost played out for Tammy abraham;he was almost looking like he would b d starter @ euros considering d injuries to kane and rashford,now d tides has changed again.... In a nutshell, SAKA still has a chance to represent England next year @ euros cool cool
oga i dont see saka making the english snr team to the euros.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 4:06pm On Apr 19, 2020
charlesemeka85:

Which English left back is performing better than him Chilwell or Danny Rose?

Saka is the highest performing 'English' left back at the moment

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:19pm On Apr 19, 2020
Danielnino00:

For how long ?

It depends on the country.

I suspect he has a Nigerian grand parent.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:10pm On Apr 19, 2020
Subzero047:

abia! Mk we no dey deceive ourselves. Saka is trash defending buh as a natural winger he tends to get lots of assist going forward. Rose and chillwell re miles ahead of him in the lb position

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kbs468(m): 5:14pm On Apr 19, 2020
chidi1:

In the United States, 10 years with no history of crime.
But not that Spencer want to naturalised for Nigeria because he has stayed in Nigeria for Long oooo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 5:16pm On Apr 19, 2020
gargoylern:

I don't tink this guy is Nigerian. But he may be able to pay for us still.

Lol. Has it now come to this? From desperately chasing and filling our teams with foreign borns to now outrightly hiring foreign mercenaries?.

*in fela's voice*
If my eyes no decieve me, and na true my ear dey hear....I sorry sorry o. I sorry for Nigeria, I sorry sorry o. I sorry for Africa grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:05pm On Apr 19, 2020
charlesemeka85:

Saka is not a good left back yet, he is only good offensively, he doesn't know how to defend.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:08pm On Apr 19, 2020
Curtisaxel7:

Lol. Has it now come to this? From desperately chasing and filling our teams with foreign borns to now outrightly hiring foreign mercenaries?.

*in fela's voice*
If my eyes no decieve me, and na true my ear dey hear....I sorry sorry o. I sorry for Nigeria, I sorry sorry o. I sorry for Africa grin grin

We are talking about Basketball and not football!!

We don't have the talent or infrastructure for basketball like we do for football...

As it stands,there are 10 NBA players of Nigerian origin still eligible to play for us .. If we put a lot of efforts to get them,believe me,it's totally worth it!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:12pm On Apr 19, 2020
charlesemeka85:
abia! Mk we no dey deceive ourselves. Saka is trash defending buh as a natural winger he tends to get lots of assist going forward. Rose and chillwell re miles ahead of him in the lb position

Rose is not even getting game time at the moment and Saka is certainly better than Chilwell at defending

Saka has been solid for Arsenal while Chilwell is a liability in defense

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:15pm On Apr 19, 2020
charlesemeka85:

Ur position is bereft of sentiments. Saka isn't a good left back, he is only good offensively, he can't defend

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:44pm On Apr 19, 2020
ChrisKels:

Saka is not a good left back yet, he is only good offensively, he doesn't know how to defend.

Well ,I will still pick him ahead of jamilu/idowu anytime anyday cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 7:08pm On Apr 19, 2020
tbaba1234:

It depends on the country.

I suspect he has a Nigerian grand parent.

How does this neutralisation rule work for sport ??
I mean,there are some Nigeria athletes who were born in Nigeria,grew up in Nigeria and represented other countries internationally without living in the said country for long... Like Salwa Eid Nassar that represent Bahrain the same year she switched allegiance to the country..
And there are a few athletes with no Nigerian root who have represented the country in sport ...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 7:21pm On Apr 19, 2020
ChrisKels:

Ur position is bereft of sentiments. Saka isn't a good left back, he is only good offensively, he can't defend

Saka is good defensively.

It will soon show in his stats.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:35pm On Apr 19, 2020
Meliforme:

Saka is good defensively.

It will soon show in his stats.

I watch football not stats. Saka is an express way against a speedy winger, a tricky winger and or a bully. Defensively Saka can't lace the boots of Brandon Williams of Manchester United, the least rated(though bkus of his age) left back in England's pecking order of natural left backs

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:41pm On Apr 19, 2020
elyte89:

Well ,I will still pick him ahead of jamilu/idowu anytime anyday cool

I would pick anybody ahead of those two, but, no, Saka isn't as good as Chillwell, Rose, Williams and Shaw, thats not to take anything away from his abilities, after all, he isn't a natural left back. I doubt he would remain there once kieran Tieney is back for Arsenal.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 7:42pm On Apr 19, 2020
Curtisaxel7:

*in fela's voice*

Sacrilege u have committed there, no be High Priest Fela song that sing o, na im pikin Femi dey feel sorry. Please go and edit what you wrote quick fast.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 7:42pm On Apr 19, 2020
Subzero047:

Im an Arsenal fan, and I'd tell you that with the structure of the 3lions, Saka go wait for the next 2 to 3 yrs before he gets a spot in the team. He has 4 experienced LBs ahead of him that any coach would choose any day.

Besides they are better defenders than him with excellent stats for the natiinal team.

As Bible talk

Remember Lot's wife

Remember Tomori

Nuff said.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gargoylern: 7:50pm On Apr 19, 2020
Curtisaxel7:

*in fela's voice*
Na so. Wen dem no get replacement....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:51pm On Apr 19, 2020
daveP:

Im an Arsenal fan, and I'd tell you that with the structure of the 3lions, Saka go wait for the next 2 to 3 yrs before he gets a spot in the team. He has 4 experienced LBs ahead of him that any coach would choose any day.

Besides they are better defenders than him with excellent stats for the natiinal team.

As Bible talk

Remember Lot's wife

Remember Tomori

Nuff said.

Can you name the defenders?

Besides everybody knows Tomori's weakness which is that he doesn't have the frame for a Center back. If Saka becomes Arsenal's first choice LB next season, forget it

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:53pm On Apr 19, 2020
Danielnino00:

How does this neutralisation rule work for sport ??
I mean,there are some Nigeria athletes who were born in Nigeria,grew up in Nigeria and represented other countries internationally without living in the said country for long... Like Salwa Eid Nassar that represent Bahrain the same year she switched allegiance to the country..
And there are a few athletes with no Nigerian root who have represented the country in sport ...

In those cases, exceptions were made based on the value they brought to their country of residence? It depends on the law of the country.

The player does not even reside in Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 7:57pm On Apr 19, 2020
Wow, Newcastle are coming for the premier league

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:58pm On Apr 19, 2020
tbaba1234:

I don't think he has french citizenship yet.

He would easily get offered one, if the French finds him to be of any importance.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:01pm On Apr 19, 2020
You just dribble me with dis ya comment

nah Fela sing that song or Femi?

AndSunGorilla:

Sacrilege u have committed there, no be High Priest Fela song that sing o, na im pikin Femi dey feel sorry. Please go and edit what you wrote quick fast.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:02pm On Apr 19, 2020
tbaba1234:

In those cases, exceptions were made based on the value they brought to their country of residence? It depends on the law of the country.

The player does not even reside in Nigeria.

He doesn't have to reside in Nigeria...As per FIBA law,a team can have at least one neutralised player in their squad... I don't think IAAF law places a limit on the number of neutralised players that can represent a country.. For instance,Divine Oduduru can decide to represent Qatar today and we will see him wearing the colours of Qatar despite having no affiliation with the country..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:03pm On Apr 19, 2020
Subzero047:
Wow, Newcastle are coming for the premier league

By 2025, we will be seeing Newcastle fans everywhere cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 8:07pm On Apr 19, 2020
AndSunGorilla:

Are you just kidding or you truly no sabi say na Fela sing that epic?. Abeg go Google go clear your doubts o. Before them go ask you "who sang I sorry for naija" for job interview you go talk say na Femi. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 8:09pm On Apr 19, 2020
ChrisKels:

I watch football not stats. Saka is an express way against a speedy winger, a tricky winger and or a bully. Defensively Saka can't lace the boots of Brandon Williams of Manchester United, the least rated(though bkus of his age) left back in England's pecking order of natural left backs

I also watch football.

Saka is good defender.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:13pm On Apr 19, 2020
Danielnino00:

He doesn't have to reside in Nigeria...As per FIBA law,a team can have at least one neutralised player in their squad... I don't think IAAF law places a limit on the number of neutralised players that can represent a country.. For instance,Divine Oduduru can decide to represent Qatar today and we will see him wearing the colours of Qatar despite having no affiliation with the country..

What are Nigeria's laws on Naturalization?? That is the important part. Nigeria needs to offer him naturalization. The fact that he is applying for a Nigerian passport already shows a Nigerian link.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 8:24pm On Apr 19, 2020
According to The nation his father is Nigerian

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 8:25pm On Apr 19, 2020
Curtisaxel7:

*in fela's voice*

nobody is hiring anybody grin
Curtisaxel7:

*in fela's voice*
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:26pm On Apr 19, 2020
tbaba1234:

What are Nigeria's laws on Naturalization?? That is the important part. Nigeria needs to offer him naturalization. The fact that he is applying for a Nigerian passport already shows a Nigerian link.

It's the same with that of other countries... The individual must have lived in Nigeria for at least 15 years among other things...

My point is that there are exception for the rule when it comes to sport,otherwise we won't be seeing Nigerians representing other countries that they have no links with..
Nigeria too has had American athletes represent her internationally before...

(1) (2) (3) ... (8503) (8504) (8505) (8506) (8507) (8508) (8509) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: damagnificentusb(m), lovewins, Marjoribanks, komekn(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.