Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,956 members, 7,835,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8558) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11778804 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8555) (8556) (8557) (8558) (8559) (8560) (8561) ... (16193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ShitStain(m): 12:12pm On May 09, 2020
komekn:

Good morning Nwokem.

No SHAKIN food is ready,

Please send me your account details and it's on the way the way.

One proviso " You must take a picture of the Pizza for everyone to see. Not a picture of yourself just the steaming hot Pizza. So everyone can enjoy it with you albeit virtually.

Seems fair.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 12:18pm On May 09, 2020
komekn:

I will reply to this comprehensively later in the day, you will not be suprised to know that many of these forgotten children have father's who are VERY HIGHLY PLACED.

Some find thier hidden escapades somewhat embarrassing.

Definitely am sure. Traveling abroad in 50s,60s was not for the general masses, many were princes and sons of prominent people. Many are expected to come back and inherit the throne or continue their fathers legacy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 12:22pm On May 09, 2020
komekn:

I will reply to this comprehensively later in the day, you will not be suprised to know that many of these forgotten children have father's who are VERY HIGHLY PLACED.

Some find thier hidden escapades somewhat embarrassing.

Looking forward to it!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 12:30pm On May 09, 2020
rabzy:

There was a great counterculture movement that developed in Europe and America during the 1960s. It is often called the hippies movement. Generally it was just a rebellion against the standards of society and protests against established norms. The vegan movement, feminism, gay sex and sexual freedom, drug experimentation and legalization, anti-war and pacifist movements, civil rights movement, make love not war music by John lennon, music of rebellion by the great rock bands including our own fela and his british wife etc all blossomed during the 60s and 70s. Students were in the trenches and forefront of such movements and what better way to eschew and spit on societal norms than to join your blood and heritage with a forbidden and spurned race.

And many of our men then were quite exceptional, remember it was the best of us that were sent abroad and such brilliance, courage and resilience would always be admired..and of course there is that curiosity of checking out if all the centuries old rumors of the prowess of the black men in bed.

So quite a number of factors came to play I guess.

That explains a lot. But then what percentage of the Western population sympathized with the counterculture movement? I would think only a comparatively small percentage did. Most of them were still racist. And how do we account for the mixed babies we produced in Russia (then Soviet Union), and Eastern Europe where there was virtually no such pacifist or pro black movement and open and unapologetic racism was almost a state policy (even till today)?.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 12:34pm On May 09, 2020
Thank you o.
maidaboi:
i will rather keep quiet since there is no evidence
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 12:36pm On May 09, 2020
somehow:

Then, why tell us if you know it won't leave the "interview" stage?

We need to start wising up, get evidence since they know it's becoming normal here.

If you are not cool with stuffs like this, set them up and start getting them punished!
Salisu dat was caught with video and audio evidence ...wer is he today..?.. nigeria is a country of d corrupt,by d corrupt, and for d corrupt...
Even if he drops all d proof nothing go happen

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:20pm On May 09, 2020
Correct,

you just use sledgehammer, hammer the nail for head

Philosopher1979:
Nigerian players are skilled BUT TECHNICALLY DEFICIENT AND THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM. Nigerians play football with their raw skills alone. Ahmed musa is fast and mobile but his crosses are not accurate. Pius ikedua is skillfull but lacks vision. Egwueke (who played under keshi) was strong and tall but could not mark or pass well and had bad positioning etc
Most of our talented players are badly coached. The average nigerian coach is outdated and lacks knowledge of the modern game.
We need to arrange tutorials for all our coaches. Our coaches need massive reorientation for our football to develop
We need a new generation of tactically sound nigerian coaches who can turn a skillfull ball jugler into eden hazard.
This is what is missing.
The foreign born players are simply under better coaches and career managers and that is all.
In fact Ibrahimovic was just a dribbler until he went to ac milan and a coach transformed him yo a gial scoring machine.
This issue needs to be addressed

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:49pm On May 09, 2020
Philosopher1979:
Nigerian players are skilled BUT TECHNICALLY DEFICIENT AND THIS IS A BIG PROBLEM. Nigerians play football with their raw skills alone. Ahmed musa is fast and mobile but his crosses are not accurate. Pius ikedua is skillfull but lacks vision. Egwueke (who played under keshi) was strong and tall but could not mark or pass well and had bad positioning etc
Most of our talented players are badly no. The average nigerian coach is outdated and lacks knowledge of the modern game.
We need to arrange tutorials for all our coaches. Our coaches need massive reorientation for our football to develop
We need a new generation of tactically sound nigerian coaches who can turn a skillfull ball jugler into eden hazard.
This is what is missing.
The foreign born players are simply under better coaches and career managers and that is all.
In fact Ibrahimovic was just a dribbler until he went to ac milan and a coach transformed him yo a gial scoring machine.
This issue needs to be addressed

Ok but we had Okocha, Kanu, Oliseh, Siasia and other technically gifted players
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:53pm On May 09, 2020
Joebie:
The problem with those old men is that they are not living with the times. Several non African nations have had foreign coaches. If he is saying we should not recruit them just because they are white, he is very much on point. Our recruitment must be strategic, not tubu mess am.

Don't mind them....I am even looking for the possibility where we can president and governors self this old folks that have failed this country keep messing up things for the future

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 1:53pm On May 09, 2020
Curtisaxel7:

That explains a lot. But then what percentage of the Western population sympathized with the counterculture movement? I would think only a comparatively small percentage did. Most of them were still racist. And how do we account for the mixed babies we produced in Russia (then Soviet Union), and Eastern Europe where there was virtually no such pacifist or pro black movement and open and unapologetic racism was almost a state policy (even till today)?.

Doesn't matter. There will always be sympathetic whites.

They're humans too, and when they see a group of people being maltreated, they feel sad for them. While caring for them, well, love comes in.

That's how it always has happened.

Someone who had defied the odd by caring for an outcast, would not find it hard pursuing her love interest for the outcast, and even, giving birth for him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 1:55pm On May 09, 2020
Humility017:

Don't mind them.... am even looking for the possibility where we can president and governors self this old folks that have failed this country keep messing up things for the future

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 1:59pm On May 09, 2020
safarigirl:

I'm always pained when old men set themselves up for insults.

Thesedays, anytime I see Odegbami's name, I'm prepared to read the words of a bitter, old man with unnecessary beef. I imagine Rohr reading his bitter leaf-tainted words while sipping on a glass of juice, then shrugging his shoulders and scrolling to more important news.

Journalists have got to be subtly trolling Odegbami, to keep allowing him wail up and down like this undecided
Lolllll

That man could be a racist

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 2:04pm On May 09, 2020
barackodam:

Bro...let's import expatriates for leadership positions nahhh

What do you think?
Me don't think they'll ever beat this current folks when it comes to being wicked and callous.

Let me not derail this thread
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 2:06pm On May 09, 2020
Humility017:

Bro...let's import expatriates for leadership positions nahhh

What do you think?
Me don't think they'll ever beat this current folks when it comes to being wicked and callous.

Let me not derail this thread

I'm never gon be a proponent of that.

You're living in times like this. Perhaps, if you read enough history, you'd maybe know why we are how we are. Perhaps.......
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 2:10pm On May 09, 2020
komekn:

Good morning Nwokem.

No SHAKIN food is ready,

Please send me your account details and it's on the way the way.

One proviso " You must take a picture of the Pizza for everyone to see. Not a picture of yourself just the steaming hot Pizza. So everyone can enjoy it with you albeit virtually.

Here we go,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:12pm On May 09, 2020
I deh wait oh

Were I go send the ££ go, or hungry no deh blow u again.

Were U deh? Food is ready

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 2:26pm On May 09, 2020
tbaba1234:

Common thing in Nigeria football and Keshi is not the only one.

Just remembering those times I think there have been two Nigerian coaches who I haven't heard much accusations about them, that is Eguavoen and Shuaibu Amodu and if memory serves me right both of them always featured our best when they were coaches. The only thing was I think their man management and tactical acumen was poor.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:28pm On May 09, 2020
Simon Solm, eligible to play for Nigeria

Position : Defensive midfield

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:29pm On May 09, 2020
Who's going to father this one grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chucs: 2:42pm On May 09, 2020
Subzero047:
cry
A lot of bribery and corruption go on behind closed doors in almost all the Nigerian top offices. I'm not surprised!

I think Keshi was our coach at 2014 world cup!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by rabzy: 2:48pm On May 09, 2020
Curtisaxel7:

All counterculture movements are always in the minority and it was predominantly filled with young people, and they wouldn't even be the majority youth, but that number is enough to have young women that would want to go out with young blacks. Remember black Africans were still a very very small minority in those schools..so it is not a numbers issue. But like I said there are definitely other factors....

Black people have always been in Europe even eastern Europe. Abram petrovich Hannibal was a Russian military general and engineer in the army of Peter the Great of Russia...the father of Russia. There was a yoruba man that was part of the polish resistance, who was noted for his bravery and loyalty in the face of nazi atrocities during the 2nd world war....so mixed race kids in eastern Europe is not surprising
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lorazepam(f): 3:06pm On May 09, 2020
komekn:
I deh wait oh

cheesy cheesy grin grin Loooool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chucs: 3:17pm On May 09, 2020
"I was told to pay €10,000(N4.8M) if I want to be invited"- Sarki on why he dumped Nigeria for Haiti
opera.com May 9, 2020 11:33 AM
By Hassan Odunayo Ruth

Ex Chelsea and Nigeria youth international, Emmanuel Sarki has made a stunning allegation against the former coaches of the Nigerian National team, claiming he was asked to pay a sum of €10,000 before he'd get a call up to the team.

This allegation is coming few hours after former Super Eagles winger, Chinedu Obasi Ogbuke in an Instagram live chat with Kelechi Bernard claimed he was asked to pay a bribe if he was to make the squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.

It'd be recalled that Emmanuel Sarki featured for Nigeria's Under 17, 20 and 23 teams and most notably scored two goals as Nigeria finished runners up in the 2007 African Under-20 Championship but failed to play for the Nigerian senior national team as he switched allegiance to Haiti.

Speaking to Mohammed Suleiman of Liberty Radio Sportshow, Sarki has backed up the claims made by Obasi stating he was also told same at around the same time, he said:

"While I was in Poland with Wisla Krakow, my club president spoke with the national team coaches inviting them to come and watch me. He was asked to pay for the air ticket and other expenses which he accepted. I was now called by same people my club contacted and was told I should pay €10,000 if I want to be invited that coming to watch me isn’t enough. At that point my club president, Mr Bernard felt really bad just as me".

Sarki, though he has managed just 4 Caps for Haiti since 2014 revealed he has no regrets dumping Nigeria for Haiti:

"My choice to play for Haiti is one that I have no regrets about it because I have found peace and also professionalism where I am right now. This issue of bribe for spot is not something that people will say they don’t know. So Obasi is right".

Though both players failed to mention the name of the coach or coaches that asked them to pay bribe, but it'd be recalled that late Stephen Keshi was the manager of the Super Eagles at that time.

Follow writer on Twitter : Hassan Odunayo Ruth

From Opera News Hub.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:48pm On May 09, 2020
komekn:
I deh wait oh

Enough with the empty chest beating and noise making, send the money already Bkus the account has been made available. Stop chasing clout, be a man of ur words
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 3:55pm On May 09, 2020
Someone's World Best XI U-21....y'all agree?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 4:09pm On May 09, 2020
Lucque:

Salisu dat was caught with video and audio evidence ...wer is he today..?.. nigeria is a country of d corrupt,by d corrupt, and for d corrupt...

he got punished albeit softly but his name is now soiled with eyes all over him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:36pm On May 09, 2020
safarigirl:
Someone's World Best XI U-21....y'all agree?
De ligt and Felix are debatable IMO
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 4:40pm On May 09, 2020
Lucque:

He was punished. Thanks Sir
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:03pm On May 09, 2020
Subzero047:
Chinedu Obasi recounts his experiences of being asked to pay before being invited to the national team

https://twitter.com/omaakatugba/status/1258671586657304577?s=09

He should name the culprit or I don't believe.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:05pm On May 09, 2020
ChrisKels:

Enough with the empty chest beating and noise making, send the money already Bkus the account has been made available. Stop chasing clout, be a man of ur words
C mon take it easy bro

Dude like everyone else is managing to stay alive
Dude like most Britons still fusing on parting ways with some pounds sterling

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:08pm On May 09, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

He should name the culprit or I don't believe.
LET me act as if I didn't see what you wrote

Oga basco how have you been nah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:11pm On May 09, 2020
chucs:
"I was told to pay €10,000(N4.8M) if I want to be invited"- Sarki on why he dumped Nigeria for Haiti
opera.com May 9, 2020 11:33 AM
By Hassan Odunayo Ruth

Ex Chelsea and Nigeria youth international, Emmanuel Sarki has made a stunning allegation against the former coaches of the Nigerian National team, claiming he was asked to pay a sum of €10,000 before he'd get a call up to the team.

This allegation is coming few hours after former Super Eagles winger, Chinedu Obasi Ogbuke in an Instagram live chat with Kelechi Bernard claimed he was asked to pay a bribe if he was to make the squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.

It'd be recalled that Emmanuel Sarki featured for Nigeria's Under 17, 20 and 23 teams and most notably scored two goals as Nigeria finished runners up in the 2007 African Under-20 Championship but failed to play for the Nigerian senior national team as he switched allegiance to Haiti.

Speaking to Mohammed Suleiman of Liberty Radio Sportshow, Sarki has backed up the claims made by Obasi stating he was also told same at around the same time, he said:

"While I was in Poland with Wisla Krakow, my club president spoke with the national team coaches inviting them to come and watch me. He was asked to pay for the air ticket and other expenses which he accepted. I was now called by same people my club contacted and was told I should pay €10,000 if I want to be invited that coming to watch me isn’t enough. At that point my club president, Mr Bernard felt really bad just as me".

Sarki, though he has managed just 4 Caps for Haiti since 2014 revealed he has no regrets dumping Nigeria for Haiti:

"My choice to play for Haiti is one that I have no regrets about it because I have found peace and also professionalism where I am right now. This issue of bribe for spot is not something that people will say they don’t know. So Obasi is right".

Though both players failed to mention the name of the coach or coaches that asked them to pay bribe, but it'd be recalled that late Stephen Keshi was the manager of the Super Eagles at that time.

Follow writer on Twitter : Hassan Odunayo Ruth

From Opera News Hub.

The most corrupt folks are Nigerians in position of authority

Starting from the government down to the coach they can steal anything .
They see every opportunity as an opportunity to enrich themselves.

With what I see here in Abuja daily I so much believe all this stories....

We all saw how Keshi almost turned the super eagles team to a business centre where the highest bidder gets invitation...

Dude was a motivator so he felt he could even motivate and inspire lizard to fly

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8555) (8556) (8557) (8558) (8559) (8560) (8561) ... (16193) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.