Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,373 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8572) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11692519 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8569) (8570) (8571) (8572) (8573) (8574) (8575) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 12:34am On May 12, 2020
I agree. Amodu Shuaibu is underrated

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 12:35am On May 12, 2020
tbaba1234:

You can disagree with his views without dragging him down.

The problem is, he doesn't air his views without dragging people down
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:09am On May 12, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I still wonder how taiwo international career ended so son

Dude stop getting called 8 years ago when he was 27

He was snubbed during his good time with qpr dynamo Kiev and Bursaspor ,we don’t even have better options on that left back ,as far as I am concerned elderson is not even on the level of Taiwo then grin
E pain me then eh..... His left leg shots mehn....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:13am On May 12, 2020
solonnachi:

They want to finish Rohr with responsibilities. NFF are just being lazy to work. Who is suppose to revive our league and reorganize our youth teams? Is it Rohr? I will not be surprised if they add U17 Flamingos, U20 Falconets and Super Falcons to his job. This was the reason why he must reside in Nigeria.
not that they're lazy. They want to justify his 50k salary. The work of 50k is what they've added to his main job.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:16am On May 12, 2020
Subzero047:

The thing is, Iwobi does not have the mindset of a professional footballer, he doesn't train, he has a poor cardio, he is more interested in being a celebrity than being a footballer

Carlo Ancelotti prefers a 4-4-2 formation and I'm struggling to see where he would fit in the new Everton side
Chai haba na. Don't even start. Carlo speaks highly og Alex. So cos he now plays for Everton, he is overrated? Make we take am jeje joor
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:17am On May 12, 2020
Blueelf:

Did Odegbami qualify or even feature in a single WC?

How many individual Laurels (as a player) did he win?

The man remains a village champion whose credentials barely exceeds the Nigerian football scene not to talk of Africa.

Mathematical my foot!!!

This is carpentry analysis at its very best!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:19am On May 12, 2020
Bolowolowo:
Current/Past Eagles as Managers...See Ndidi grin grin
Ndidi on Eguavoen style

Na only Yobo e fit sha.

Mikel go be like Lampard but a defensive minded one. Lol.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:29am On May 12, 2020
Even some legends no qualify to clean his boots lol
etebefia:
Jay Jay Okocha is still the master

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkGnFWp4JIQ
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 1:30am On May 12, 2020
tbaba1234:

What are you saying?? How is Madjer Odegbami's mate? By the time Odegbami stopped playing for Nigeria, Madjer was still in Algeria.

If Odegbami emerged in the late 80s, he would have played in Europe easily.

You can disagree with his views without dragging him down.
Madjer that played till 1990. In fact as at 1980, how many players of African origin, born and bred in Africa were playing in Europe? Tbaba thanks jare. Yes Odegbami seems to be talking nonsense but that doesn't mean his achievements should be rubbished.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:34am On May 12, 2020
It will be hard for him to even make our 2nd team. But make he try him luck.

mkrest:
Ibe now wants to play for SE, how the mighty has fallen �
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:56am On May 12, 2020
Joebie:
Hand dey scratch u

tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:06am On May 12, 2020
U sef no like better thing?

andrewbaba44:

How did he know england will not give him a chance? all this one na sweet mouth talk, aina issa wise man

If aina was starting for chelsea he will never think of playing for naija

My guy don see say e no get future for chelsea e kukuma play for naija immediately

Nice one from aina grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:07am On May 12, 2020
No be argument. I dey show areas where he can bring something to the team regardless of whether he comes from the bench, starts or used in different roles.

andrewbaba44:

So you still dey argue this billing matter ?

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ihenzy(m): 3:39am On May 12, 2020
Official : Super Eagles Striker Wins Bordeaux's Top Scorer Award For 2019-2020 Season
Through a statement on their official website, French Ligue 1 outfit Bordeaux have confirmed that Nigeria international Josh Maja have won the club's top scorer award for the 2019-2020 season.
The former Sunderland striker finished the cancelled season with eight goals to his name across all competition, level with two other Bordeaux players in the shape of Jimmy Briand and Nicolas De Préville.
But Bordeaux have decided to name Maja as their top scorer in all tournaments because he was more efficient than Briand and De Préville, scoring a goal every 113 minutes and played fewer games.
While Maja played 24 games over the course of the season and was in action for 894 minutes, Briand logged 1,774 minutes in 26 matches and De Préville racked up 2,251 minutes in 28 games.
The Bordeaux number nine provided three assists, with two of them coming in the Ligue 1.
The highlight of Maja's season in terms of goalscoring was netting his first career hat-trick against Nîmes Olympique on matchday sixteen in December 2019.
Meanwhile, Super Eagles winger Samuel Kalu netted once in 22 appearances, his worst return in front of goal since moving to Europe in 2016.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
Photo Credit : girondins.com

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 6:05am On May 12, 2020
daveP:
not that they're lazy. They want to justify his 50k salary. The work of 50k is what they've added to his main job.

They reduced his salary.

Then gave him more work to do

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 7:07am On May 12, 2020
Joebie:
U sef no like better thing?

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ZikTzu: 7:28am On May 12, 2020
‘Was a huge player’ – Arsene Wenger names his greatest ever winter transfer window signing at Arsenal
ARSENAL FCPosted by Jason Pettigrove 11 hours ago
‘Was a huge player’ – Arsene Wenger names his greatest ever winter transfer window signing at Arsenal
After more that 20 years at Arsenal, being asked to name his best ever winter transfer window signing was clearly a tall order for Arsene Wenger.

There were so many great players that passed through the club both at Highbury and the Emirates Stadium, but the Frenchman noted how one stood head and shoulders above any other January signings.

“What a difficult question. Over 20 years, maybe Kanu,” Wenger said to beIN Sports and cited by the Daily Star.

“In the middle of the season, that had a big impact and was a huge player.”

All of that said, Wenger is clearly no fan of the January window, for the advantages that it hands to certain teams at the halfway point of the season.

“I think it is like a race in a marathon where you change the shoes half way,” he said to beIN Sports and cited by the Daily Star.

“It is not right, when once you have started the season, you have to finish the season with the same players. Or you keep it open the whole season like it was when I arrived in England. They have chosen a rule that is not right.”

Although most of the big money normally gets spent in the summer windows in any event, the fact that teams can buy in reinforcements certainly does put some at more of an advantage than others.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:25am On May 12, 2020
%
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by brenister10: 8:30am On May 12, 2020
Blueelf:

Rabah Madjer easily comes to mind.

Segun odegbami is an overhyped legend and a Yoruba elder who lacks discretion in speech and conduct. Simple!!!

He couldn't even feature in a single WC as a player yet he tramples on Rohr's achievements as if he could have done 1/4 of the Job Rohr did

Another indomie generation boy spotted. How many African players were playing in Europe then? Just because you started watching football when European leagues were shown week in week out on TV makes you rant nonsense here. Agreed, odegbami might misyarn but to say he's overhyped defines how shallow minded you are
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 9:42am On May 12, 2020
Blueelf:

Rabah Madjer easily comes to mind.

Segun odegbami is an overhyped legend and a Yoruba elder who lacks discretion in speech and conduct. Simple!!!

He couldn't even feature in a single WC as a player yet he tramples on Rohr's achievements as if he could have done 1/4 of the Job Rohr did

Which Kain Carpentry analysis be dis
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:45am On May 12, 2020
brenister10:

Another indomie generation boy spotted. How many African players were playing in Europe then? Just because you started watching football when European leagues were shown week in week out on TV makes you rant nonsense here. Agreed, odegbami might misyarn but to say he's overhyped defines how shallow minded you are

Odegbami na local champion hooooooha!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:52am On May 12, 2020
AndSunGorilla:

This is carpentry analysis at its very best!!!

This award should go to Segun.

His dislike for Rohr is becoming really annoying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:55am On May 12, 2020
brenister10:

You're the shallow-minded one. Oga, if odegbami was really good, European scouts for look him side. He was only good enough for Naija league.

Okay, why didn't his generation qualify for a single WC tournament. I see that you stylishly avoided this. He couldn't qualify for a single WC yet his generation is quick to play down the hard work of Rohr and his boys

Look, Mr Man, I'm all for constructive criticism but not downright hatred and malign of character. This is what Segun is doing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 9:57am On May 12, 2020
Olulong:

Which Kain Carpentry analysis be dis

Na Segun you suppose dey ask this question.

You still haven't answered my question.

We all know that Segun was only good enough for the local scene and couldn't even win AF champions league or even CAF player of the year. I wonder what his agenda is for downplaying Rohr. You self think am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:01am On May 12, 2020
ChrisKels:

Bro na hunger dey do you this thing oo, send me ur account details make I find u small money make u take chop, close mouth. All these anger, I know say na hunger cause am.

is this not the same bloated ego you accused him of having ? cheesy

Peace

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 10:24am On May 12, 2020
Edopesin:

is this not the same bloated ego you accused him of having ? cheesy

Peace

Oh you found this offensive yet u were mad at me that I gave ur god a knock for treading that path?

Lol filthy hypocrite
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 10:27am On May 12, 2020
ChrisKels:

Oh you found this offensive yet u were mad at me that I gave ur god a knock for treading that path?

Lol filthy hypocrite

cheesy Check again

The hypocrisy is not on my part

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 10:43am On May 12, 2020
Blueelf:

We all know that Segun was only good enough for the local scene and couldn't even win AF champions league or even CAF player of the year. I wonder what his agenda is for downplaying Rohr. You self think am

Dumb analysis, George Weah didn't play at the FIFA world cup, but he's the only african player to win the world best.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by quickberry(m): 10:46am On May 12, 2020
Blueelf:

What about Eric Cantona? Did he play at the world cup?

What about Titi Camara?

Samuel Okwaraji?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:46am On May 12, 2020
quickberry:

Dumb analysis, George Weah didn't play at the FIFA world cup but is the only african player to win the world best.

at least George weah was recognized the world over and is actually doing something to improve his country's football fortunes.

Has Segun ever paid for the air transport of his teammates?

Has Segun ever paid for the jerseys of his teammates.

Paid for their feeding? Or hotel bills?

Weah did this as a player. He didn't just sit around and criticize his country's NFF or certain players unintelligently. He helped the best he could unlike uncle Segun.

Good day bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:47am On May 12, 2020
quickberry:

What about Eric Cantona? Did he play at the world cup?

Because of his attitude. That's understandable bit please don't ever compare cantons to odegbami. Ever.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8569) (8570) (8571) (8572) (8573) (8574) (8575) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: WHOSEMAN(m), Toylove and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.