Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,447 members, 7,819,652 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:57 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8580) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11694442 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8577) (8578) (8579) (8580) (8581) (8582) (8583) ... (16157) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by brenister10: 9:10pm On May 13, 2020
Blueelf:

You're the shallow-minded one. Oga, if odegbami was really good, European scouts for look him side. He was only good enough for Naija league.

Okay, why didn't his generation qualify for a single WC tournament. I see that you stylishly avoided this. He couldn't qualify for a single WC yet his generation is quick to play down the hard work of Rohr and his boys

Look, Mr Man, I'm all for constructive criticism but not downright hatred and malign of character. This is what Segun is doing.

Now please, how many teams do represent Africa at the fifa World Cup during odegbamis era and how was the qualification process like?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:20pm On May 13, 2020
Cos you dont know what you are saying,

by the way who da hell is Bunhda

junnyjake:

I should agree with you because?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:15pm On May 13, 2020
It makes perfect sense to me because I don’t think these players are completely clean. They may have payed their way at some point or have had other dirty agent dealings. But it only takes one player to say it and the others will add weight to the matter. It’s just like accusing victims of rape for not speaking out early enough. There are always underlying reasons for this, but blaming them on their timing is evasive. Keshi’s assistants could have come out in outright denial that their boss never did it.

somehow:

Do you know what speaking out means?
what happened to him speaking out between 2010 to 2014 which is about 6 years ago?

if he was hiding the culprits identities 6 to 10 years ago while granting this kind of interview, we would have understood, of what use is hiding their names again years after?

makes no sense, except if these culprits are still in position of power, he's nothing but a coward!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:17pm On May 13, 2020
seankafor:
I Sabi obasi from schalke and hoffeinham..
But what is the reason of blowing whistle if you ain't gonna give us names? Who no know say naija corrupt?

Give us the fvcking culprits or bounce angry

Nigeria is not serious and has never been serious about fighting corruption.

Our entire government is underpinned by corruption our electoral process is intrinsically corrupt. Has there ever been a free and fair election in Nigeria in the past 25 years.

Politicians don't believe in elections but in selection. And don't give a toss about the people and or public opinion.

In Nigeria exposing corruption leaves you exposed to the revenge of the corrupt. And if you expose names you could be signing your own death warrant.

So Obasi should never tell names and even if does what will happen ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:19pm On May 13, 2020
If them talk can of worms go open be that. NFF officials free for the matter?

komekn:

Nigeria is not serious and has never been serious about fighting corruption.

Our entire government is underpinned by corruption our electoral process is intrinsically corrupt. Has there ever been a free and fair election in Nigeria in the past 25 years.

Politicians don't believe in elections but in selection. And don't give a toss about the people and or public opinion.

In Nigeria exposing corruption leaves you exposed to the revenge of the corrupt. And if you expose names you could be signing your own death warrant.

So Obasi should never tell names and even if does what will happen ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:24pm On May 13, 2020
Joebie:
Are you now playing the role of the investigator? Don’t we have authorities saddled with that responsibility? Shouldn’t the NFF be troubled about these interviews? Use your finger energy to tell the NFF and sports ministry to investigate, not criticizing players that are speaking out.

Bros leave matter for Matthias.

When Amaju collect NFA Presidency you think sa na free and fair. U know that election na area Eéeeeeee take place. Amaju with d help of senior bros Uduagha he arrangee the entire process.

Warri no deh carry Las.

There is not one Nigerian international present and I past that l have met and talked to that not not given me multiple stories about corruption.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:35pm On May 13, 2020
somehow:

many of us wants solution and not rumors and noise

we want valid revelation that can be used to punish corrupt people

I have not defended any coach, I have only said we can't use assumptions to nail anyone, its unwise and not enough to call someone as guilty!

I'm being logical here

These are not assumptions but clear allegations with facts and substance.

You are talking like you say you be oyibo
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:41pm On May 13, 2020
Joebie:
It makes perfect sense to me because I don’t think these players are completely clean. They may have payed their way at some point or have had other dirty agent dealings. But it only takes one player to say it and the others will add weight to the matter. It’s just like accusing victims of rape for not speaking out early enough. There are always underlying reasons for this, but blaming them on their timing is evasive. Keshi’s assistants could have come out in outright denial that their boss never did it.

so what has he said now that has nailed anyone?

we saw what nailed salisu
can this nail anyone?

we all know corruption is in Nigeria but only those named or caught in the act can be nailed!

I remove hand for this talk because hiding names won't solve nada!

I be pure xxxi man incase you think I don't know how e dey roll for naija area

I rest matta!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 10:43pm On May 13, 2020
komekn:

These are not assumptions but clear allegations with facts and substance.

You are talking like you say you be oyibo

facts and substance? are these with evidence?
evidence nail culprits not emotions or allegations

facts and substance fit to be called evidence are
names of the culprits
date and place
amount collected with receipts or reference
audio or video recording
adult witness

any of these will nail any corrupt person out there just as it was done to amos adamu., sam aladyce and salisu

same done to stepp blatta and co, evidence nail culprits!

I rest my case guys!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:46pm On May 13, 2020
People don lose voice because of the plenty screaming for here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 11:06pm On May 13, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Why blame Keshi when he was sacked during the qualifiers? Keshi was sacked and had to be recalled. That would destroy the camp, no matter what. Also, we had unfortunate injuries, I think the one that was the killer was the loss of Hope Akpan. But, the atmosphere between the NFF and Keshi was a big hindrance to the teams success.

He got 4 points in 4 matches Sir.

You're making excuses for Keshi not qualifying us.

We can make excuses for Rohr not qualifying us from that group also. We were young and inexperienced. Croatia won every damned match they played, and even got to final, so, we accept our loss in good faith.
We beat Iceland

Argentina, well, they overwhelmed us. We had the game in hand, but we broke. It happens in football. Happened to Westerhoff also.

So yes, everyone has an excuse as to why what happened happened.

It's simple, if you tag Rohr a failure for not getting us outta that group stage, Keshi is also a failure for getting 4 points in 4 matches. We lost to Congo and Sudan. Sudan, not Argentina, not Croatia. Sudan and Congo.

Okay.....

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:03am On May 14, 2020
Why did Adebayor fight with Keshi in Togo??

Keshi was pressuring him to be his agent.

"An agitated Adebayor said he had been dropped from the Togo side on Saturday morning, accusing Keshi of trying to pressure him into using him as his agent.

"I told him no, I don't work that way. Then later he said he wanted me to play but I refused." "

https://www.cnn.com/2006/SPORT/football/01/21/africa.rows/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:48am On May 14, 2020
barackodam:

He got 4 points in 4 matches Sir.

You're making excuses for Keshi not qualifying us.

We can make excuses for Rohr not qualifying us from that group also. We were young and inexperienced. Croatia won every damned match they played, and even got to final, so, we accept our loss in good faith.
We beat Iceland

Argentina, well, they overwhelmed us. We had the game in hand, but we broke. It happens in football. Happened to Westerhoff also.

So yes, everyone has an excuse as to why what happened happened.

It's simple, if you tag Rohr a failure for not getting us outta that group stage, Keshi is also a failure for getting 4 points in 4 matches. We lost to Congo and Sudan. Sudan, not Argentina, not Croatia. Sudan and Congo.

Okay.....

Where the hell did I tag Rohr a failure? It is insecurity making you sound like this. I have never tagged Rohr a failure. I for one, know football is a complex game and it takes a bit of favour to excel. What I look at is effort.

As for Keshi, I do not think any manager has gone through the challenges he faced while coaching us. Getting information of his coming sack during the AFCON, getting owed for over seven months while his wife was dying of cancer and still coaching us. In that time, when we got momentum, I think we won the game 3-0, he got sacked. That was a killer of his momentum.

So I recognise the efforts and sacrifice. I recognise the challenges.

I wonder why you want this a Rohr vs Keshi argument. Keshi had a chance to coach his team and he did well. Congrats to him for that. I respect him for that.

Rohr is putting effort and love to this team. I wish him success. If he beats Keshi's achievements, it is for the better of Nigerian football.

Finito.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 12:50am On May 14, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Where the hell did I tag Rohr a failure? It is insecurity making you sound like this. I have never tagged Rohr a failure. I for one, know football is a complex games and it takes a bit of favour to excel. What I look at is effort.

As for Keshi, I do not think any manager has gone through the challenges he faced while coaching us. Getting information of his coming sack during the AFCON, getting owed for over seven months while his wife was dying of cancer and still coaching us. In that time, when we got momentum, I think we won the game 3-0, he got sacked. That was a killer to his momentum.

So I recognise the efforts and sacrifice. I recognise the challenges.

I wonder why you want this a Rohr vs Keshi argument. Keshi had a chance to coach his team and he did well. Congrats to him for that. I respect him for that.

Rohr is putting effort and love to this team. I wish him success. If he beats Keshi's achievements, it is for the better of Nigerian football.

Finito.

Well said sir.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:04am On May 14, 2020
No matter what we say, the fact is that the accusation by Obasi is not complete until he lets us know who told him to bring money.

Did Keshi who did not use Obasi since 2011 all of a sudden wanted him in the squad and requested for money? Or, Obasi wanted to get in the team and someone else, another coach or agent said he should bring money.

Obasi needs to drop names or his accusations are baseless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:50am On May 14, 2020
Interview of Taiye Taiwo

So as far as you are concerned you had no issues. Are you surprised you haven’t been in the team since?

Yes. I’m surprised. Because we never had any problems. And if there was any problem, at least they could have told me ‘okay Taye, this is the problem’.

But have you tried to call the coach to find out why he doesn’t want you in the team?

No. I don’t really know why. But as I always say to myself. Even my teammates ask me and I say I don’t know. If you play very well in your club you deserve to be in the national team. If you don’t play very well, you don’t deserve to go. Maybe the coach doesn’t want me in the team because he knows that if he calls me to come and play for Nigeria with his boys, I will never sit on the bench for his boys. So maybe that is why he decided he doesn’t want me to come. Because if I come, I will surely play. So he doesn’t want me to play because he knows that if he calls me, I will not come and sit on the bench for his players. It’s not going to be possible. I don’t have any problem with him but I was really really sad because I did not believe that I would not go to the World Cup with the way I’m playing for my club.

https://thenationonlineng.net/taiwo-rejects-eagles-bench-role/amp/

Please, if you are a coach, will you call this kind of player with such disastrous attitude?

People wonder why Keshi dropped star players. It was a fact, their egos were too big for Keshi. Blatantly disrespecting and refusing to do things his way. Keshi was a man who could make the most of the little he had and snubbed them.

Many might want the glamour of the so called big players but their egos were terrible.

These men should tell us who asked them for money.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:27am On May 14, 2020
cool

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by macsam(m): 8:02am On May 14, 2020
No More Bribe For Invitation To Super Eagles Team – NFF Chief Boast May 14, 2020 A top chief in the Nigeria Football Federation ( NFF) says the days when players pay to get a slot in the senior national team of Nigeria is well and truly over as the present board has nipped the practice in the bud, owngoalnigeria reports. The revelation made by former Schalke 04 forward Chinedu Obasi has led to several issues surrounding the practice of cash for spots after he revealed that he was asked to pay before he will be included in the team for the World Cup 2014 in Brazil. His revelation was also backed by other players with the likes of Emmanuel Sarki, Taiye Taiwo and Brown Ideye also confirming that they had to leave the team due to issues not related to what happened on the pitch of play but rather finances. Reacting to the statements made by the players, the NFF Chief said they have successfully nullified the practice and that that right now no player in the team was asked to play money before getting an invitation and none paid to be in the team. ” Maybe it happened in the past, I don’t know but one thing I know is that it’s not happening now. In the Super Eagles every player you see there merit his spot. Their performance for their clubside brought them in and none paid a dime to be invited and none paid to be in the team. As a board we have been proactive in that regard “, he concluded.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 8:07am On May 14, 2020
elyte89:
cool

Oga,u are dodging my question...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by macsam(m): 8:07am On May 14, 2020
Bukayo Saka Is So Nigerian – Agent Reveal Saka’s Love For Super Eagles May 14, 2020 The international future of emerging Arsenal teen star Bukayo Saka will no doubt pitch the senior national team of Nigeria against that of England in the nearest future, Owngoalnigeria.com reports. Saka has enjoyed a breakthrough season at Arsenal where he has seriously impressed playing either as a left winger or as a left full back despite the fact that the team has struggled to match expectations this season. 18 year old Saka is one of the few bright sparks of the team before the lockdown that brought football to a halt due to the coronavirus crisis with Arsenal in 10th position with ten more games to go this season. Established as a youth international for England at several levels, Saka is however still very much connected to his roots with his representatives confirming that he is a big fan of the Super Eagles and he is very proud of his Nigerian roots. ” Saka for those who know him will tell you that he doesn’t hide the fact that he is a Nigerian and he is proud of it. The national team of Nigeria is one team that he follows very well and he watched all of their games at the World Cup and also the Africa Cup of Nations. He so Nigerian and also love the Super Eagles “, his representatives told Owngoalnigeria.com. Although he failed to be dragged into any conversation about the international future of the 18 year old insisting that there are other priorities that needed to be sorted out before a decision will be taken on that. ” For now it’s not an issue. The progress of the player is what everyone connected to him is focused on. He will play football at international level and that is all I can say at the moment “.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by macsam(m): 8:13am On May 14, 2020
Spanish giants join Liverpool in monitoring
Bukayo Saka
By Admin Martin - 13 May 2020, 22:30
A report from Nigeria cited by TeamTalk is
claiming that Valencia has become the latest
team to be interested in Bukayo Saka.
The teenager has been one of the standout
performers at Arsenal this season, but his current
deal with the Gunners is set to expire in the
summer of 2021.
Arsenal has been in talks with the player’s
representatives over signing a new deal. But it
has dragged on for quite a while now and teams
have begun plotting a move for the winger.
Several reports have linked Liverpool with a move
for him as they look for another left-back to cover
for Andrew Robertson.
The Reds have now been joined by Valencia
according to the report in All Nigeria Soccer.
Saka is of Nigerian descent and the news from
his father’s country is claiming that Valencia has
an interest in signing him.
The Spaniards aren’t the only non-English team
who have been credited with an interest in his
signature as Borussia Dortmund are also
prepared to pounce if Arsenal cannot agree on a
new deal with him.
Saka has been inspirational for other youngsters
in the Arsenal academy as his rise has given
them hope that they can also break into the
club’s first team if they show how good they are[[
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 10:16am On May 14, 2020
Danielnino00:

Oga,u are dodging my question...

U no get Taye taiwo phone number ? smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:33am On May 14, 2020
elyte89:

U no get Taye taiwo phone number ? smiley

U are d one that claimed to know him..

U fit gimme the number grin.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:15am On May 14, 2020
Qpr rejects 3m Brugge bid for Osayi Samuel

https://twitter.com/SkySports/status/1260871368784183302?s=19

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:50am On May 14, 2020
Subzero047:
Qpr rejects 3m Brugge bid for Osayi Samuel

https://twitter.com/SkySports/status/1260871368784183302?s=19
preparing for Denis exit?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 11:56am On May 14, 2020
maidaboi:
preparing for Denis exit?

Maybe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lucque: 1:12pm On May 14, 2020
somehow:

facts and substance? are these with evidence?
evidence nail culprits not emotions or allegations

facts and substance fit to be called evidence are
names of the culprits
date and place
amount collected with receipts or reference
audio or video recording
adult witness

any of these will nail any corrupt person out there just as it was done to amos adamu., sam aladyce and salisu

same done to stepp blatta and co, evidence nail culprits!

I rest my case guys!

What about the evidence against salisu.......see this is Nigeria, in the end even if he provides evidence Obasi would only be putting himself in danger...i don't know why he bothered to talk in the first place...Nigeria is built on the foundation of corruption....crying out won't solve anytin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 14, 2020
Let's play a game...

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:42pm On May 14, 2020
What are you trying to say here,

the north that had held since, had they ever done a free and fair poll?

Bro forget wether nah front door, backdoor, angledoor, or center door, Amaju take enter,

our football had been good for it, without the usually OWEBE

komekn:

Bros leave matter for Matthias.

When Amaju collect NFA Presidency you think sa na free and fair. U know that election na area Eéeeeeee take place. Amaju with d help of senior bros Uduagha he arrangee the entire process.

Warri no deh carry Las.

There is not one Nigerian international present and I past that l have met and talked to that not not given me multiple stories about corruption.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lorazepam(f): 2:32pm On May 14, 2020
Danielnino00:

U are d one that claimed to know him..

U fit gimme the number grin.

cheesy cheesy grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:05pm On May 14, 2020
Bolowolowo:
Let's play a game...
8 Ndidi cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Meliforme: 3:14pm On May 14, 2020
junnyjake:

The conflicting narrative from the middle east and the Far East, what'd inspire my choice and then be convinced that, it's the right one?

Conviction is spiritual and in its many instances, It can't be communicated by just words.
Pray in all honesty that the heavenly father should reveal himself to you,
and then wait......

It is in the character of our heavenly father to reveal himself,
for he will certainly do.
He will arrange circumstances and bring people into your life that will draw you to him,
or he might speak to you directly.

And when He speaks,
there is no compulsion and confusion,
but peace and conviction.

Buddha didn't claim to be God, please believe him.
Except God comes to you, try as much you can, you can't find him.
God has only one access, and that is Himself.
And Himself came in the likeness of the human flesh,
so that you can access him and live in Him and Him in you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8577) (8578) (8579) (8580) (8581) (8582) (8583) ... (16157) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: do4luv14(m), opes, humility33(m), yemyke001(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.