Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,735 members, 7,824,083 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8587) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11724220 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8584) (8585) (8586) (8587) (8588) (8589) (8590) ... (16168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:20pm On May 16, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

You are talking in nonsense jor. Nothing reasonable to add.

What has happened to you.

You are one of the senior statesman on this forum. That l regard highly.

Why are you descending to this low level of rancour and antagonistic diction in your engagement with me.

We need to set an example that's commendable for people to follow.

You are not doing that.

Disagree with me by all means but do it with substance and rationality. Not abuse.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:24pm On May 16, 2020
So let's take a look at how Nigerian players fared in the restart of the Bundesliga today.

Final Scores : RBL 1-1 FREIBURG
Ademola Lookman(LW) was a 46th minute sub-in for Liebzig while they were trailing by a goal to visiting Frieburg. He missed a sitter in the 55th minute that would have drew his team level. He was not only the culprit for the homers as his team could not make his 3 key passes count, although they finally leveled the tie in the 76th minute. Ademola Lookman who is rumored to have already tendered an application to switch allegiance to Nigeria finished as the joint second in total shots. He made 29 successful passes out of 43 attempted, 1 successful dribble and 2 successful tackles.
WhoScoredRating: 6.82

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:33pm On May 16, 2020
Curtisaxel7:

To think Aigbogun, that idiot bastard son of a thousand fathers dropped this guy for the likes of 40 year old Maxwell Effiom.

Gawd!

He withdrew, he wasn't dropped. He promised to show up, but never kept to his words
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:38pm On May 16, 2020
Humility017:

every One is always talking nonsense to you mr Wiseman

it's like your swift resort to insult this season has come to stay

hope you can afford it ?

F*ck off loser. U insult people including myself everyday so what makes you a judge?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:39pm On May 16, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

All of them paid 100K. From information I got, many of our local players had sponsors. I heard Kanu Nwankwo even paid for a lot of them. I do not know if it has changed now but in the past, they all paid.

There is no underhandedness. A 16 years old player can fail MRI. It is not out of the norm. It just the ratio of failure is high.

There is no need shooting unfounded claims to try to justify your point. The fact is that, failing MRI does not mean overage. If Abuchi was born in Nigeria, you would have been screaming overage. Now he is not you are screaming corruption.

Highlights your misconstrued ideas.

You are now saying that everyone had to pay 100k plus for MRI scan that was the norm. And that the NFF did not take responsibility for that expense.

My goodness you have now done a complete U TURN. So in otherwords the MRI test lacks credibility.

This is not unfounded, his mother made the complaint and asked the NFF for the test results for which they refused to submit for further inspection.

It's is the conduct of the NFF that indict them. It is that conduct and subsequent actions that underpin my deductions.

But you counter act with hearsay, " l heard Kanu paid for a lot of them" Then you say there is no underhandedness.

NFA corruption is well known and now you are trying to dismiss it all. And even question the validity of the MRI scan.

You are trying to justify the unjustifiable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:41pm On May 16, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

F*ck off loser. U insult people including myself everyday so what makes you a judge?

You are now descending into the gutter, most dissapointing from you.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:41pm On May 16, 2020
komekn:

What has happened to you.

You are one of the senior statesman on this forum. That l regard highly.

Why are you descending to this low level of rancour and antagonistic diction in your engagement with me.

We need to set an example that's commendable for people to follow.

You are not doing that.

Disagree with me by all means but do it with substance and rationality. Not abuse.

I am not going to throw shade with u. If u want to insult somebody be a man and own it. U know what all those your underhanded remarks really mean. I am not a full

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:42pm On May 16, 2020
komekn:

You are now descending into the gutter, most dissapointing from you.

When dealing with rodents u have to go in the gutter.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:47pm On May 16, 2020
Final Scores : HOFFENHEIM 0- 3 HERTHA
Kevin Akpoguma(CB) had a game to forget. He was a liability in all 3 goals conceded by Hoffenheim. The first goal came off his own boots while he failed to clear his lines in the 58th minute. He was caught ball watching instead of marking his man more closely for the second goal. Caught out of position at right back, he was turned inside and out by Matheus Cunha who had received a pass from Jordan Torunarigha. The Brazilian ran all the way to score the visitor's third.
WhoScoredRating: 5.74

Coincidentally, in the opposing side, Jordan Torunarigha(CB) also wore the number 25 shirt, and added to Akpoguma's misery by providing the assist for Hertha Berlin's third goal. Jordan contributed immensely to Hertha's away win with 94% pass accuracy, two of which were Key passes, and 3 aerials won. Jordan was the 4th highest ranked player on the pitch.
WhoScoredRating: 7.80

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:50pm On May 16, 2020
Bundesliga don start una still dey drag matter. I will read what's on that link when I get the time.. I'm about to post the next Bundesliaga report
Danielnino00:

Keshi comment about IK Uche in 2014

https://www.thecable.ng/keshi-impossible-for-me-to-beg-ik-uche-to-play-for-nigeria

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:02pm On May 16, 2020
Final Score: FORTUNA 0-0 PADERBORN
Uwe Hünemeier may have been the star in Paderborn's defense, but Jamilu Collins(LB) did his bit in helping the visitors steal a draw.
Although dispossessed twice in the encounter, Jamiliu made 84 touches and had a 73% pass success rate. He complete 1 tackle out of the same number attempted, and could only succeed in winning 1 out of 3 aerial duels.
WhoScored Rating: 6.26

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 8:19pm On May 16, 2020
andrewbaba44:

New rules till the end of the season

And yes because they are match rusty also

Once the laliga resumes also they will be games everyday and i dont think you will have more than 3 days rest before your next game, so imagine the stress of the players

I think thats the reason the german league introduce 5 sub

It is not German rule but new FIFA rule cut across all footballing nations.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:21pm On May 16, 2020
Looks like Ademola Lookman had a bad game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:38pm On May 16, 2020
komekn:

You are now saying that everyone had to pay 100k plus for MRI scan that was the norm. And that the NFF did not take responsibility for that expense.

My goodness you have now done a complete U TURN. So in otherwords the MRI test lacks credibility.

This is not unfounded, his mother made the complaint and asked the NFF for the test results for which they refused to submit for further inspection.

It's is the conduct of the NFF that indict them. It is that conduct and subsequent actions that underpin my deductions.

But you counter act with hearsay, " l heard Kanu paid for a lot of them" Then you say there is no underhandedness.

NFA corruption is well known and now you are trying to dismiss it all. And even question the validity of the MRI scan.

You are trying to justify the unjustifiable

What are you talking corruption and the rest? You have a problem in discerning points and run with your bias.

Abuchi Obinwa was not the only one that paid for MRI. I remember even critiquing the practice. Before the final team selection, the NFF required players to pay for their MRI scans. I even criticised that the sum was too much and the nff should make arrangements for the prescreening exercise.

I heard after the prescreening, then CAF and later FIFA conducts theirs. That is before the African U17 and U17 World Cup.

It is a practice I don't like but nff were not ready to pay for the large number of eligible players. The players had to source for sponsors. Some of their agents paid. Some their parents and some Concerned individuals.

I even heard Iheanacho did not even make the cut of those who gained from the funds donated by Kanu Nwankwo for the screening and he had to source for funds outside.

It was not an enrichment practice but for the lab bills.

Abuchi Obinwa was not the only one that paid. You tried to make it look they collected money from him.

If Abuchi had screened with FIFA, he would have failed because FIFA uses a tighter criteria. That does not mean he was over aged or all that failed were over aged.

You heard she paid, I heard they all paid. You are pointing hearsay as if her own is not hearsay.

I heard earlier they paid. I heard now the nff pays for the screening of eligible players. So what is your problem?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:38pm On May 16, 2020
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:40pm On May 16, 2020
AUGSBURG 1-2 WOLFSBURG

A 65th minute tactical entry for Felix Uduokhai(CB) almost paid off two minutes later, but the center back had his goal disallowed by VAR for offside.
Sarenren Bazee(RW) who has already committed to the Super Eagles was introduced on the 87th minute but could not influence the outcome as Wolfsburg scored the winner in the dying minutes of the encounter.
WhoScored Rating 6.07 and 5.89, respectively

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:41pm On May 16, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

Please, do not let anger get the best of you. This is not worth hurling insults.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:43pm On May 16, 2020
he had a bad bad miss.
Subzero047:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 8:51pm On May 16, 2020
Joebie:
he had a bad bad miss.

Yea Aiyegbeni-esque
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:56pm On May 16, 2020
soetanoreoluwa:

It is not German rule but new FIFA rule cut across all footballing nations.

Thanks for the correction
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 2lola: 9:08pm On May 16, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

They are idle.
embarassed is this a joke or what, so all of them had a meeting to come find some work for themselves by making allegations.
It not everything you defend you are only talking of Taiwo, what about ideye, Obasi and Emunike claims.
Let call for investigation into all this allegations instead of critising those speaking

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 9:48pm On May 16, 2020
Subzero047:

What can this guy really bring to the SE? This one that he is a 46th minute substitute and having a bad game.

What really are his strengths?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by solonnachi: 9:50pm On May 16, 2020
Joebie:
AUGSBURG 1-2 WOLFSBURG

A 65th minute tactical entry for Felix Uduokhai(CB) almost paid off two minutes later, but the center back had his goal disallowed by VAR for offside.
Sarenren Bazee(RW) who has already committed to the Super Eagles was introduced on the 87th minute but could not influence the outcome as Wolfsburg scored the winner in the dying minutes of the encounter.
WhoScored Rating 6.07 and 5.89, respectively

When can I see Bazee dorning the GWG?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:15pm On May 16, 2020
2lola:
embarassed is this a joke or what, so all of them had a meeting to come find some work for themselves by making allegations.
It not everything you defend you are only talking of Taiwo, what about ideye, Obasi and Emunike claims.
Let call for investigation into all this allegations instead of critising those speaking

The question was why are they talking now. Why not before? My belief is due to the coronavirus, no time to train or prepare for matches. So, they have room to sit down and reflect on other things. Has nothing to do with defending anyone.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:37am On May 17, 2020
Curtisaxel7:

To think Aigbogun, that idiot bastard son of a thousand fathers dropped this guy for the likes of 40 year old Maxwell Effiom.

Gawd!
But it's in that article you posted that he was injured
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 12:46am On May 17, 2020
Oliseh's tenure as Super eagles coach will always amaze me, he criticized keshi the whole time only for him to get the job few months after and end up as one of the worst coaches we've had in the past few years, with that rubbish game against Tanzania as the highlight

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:03am On May 17, 2020
His German connection may bring him in sooner, that's if injury doesn't come his way again.

solonnachi:

When can I see Bazee dorning the GWG?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 1:05am On May 17, 2020
ChrisKels:

He withdrew, he wasn't dropped. He promised to show up, but never kept to his words

Oh I didn't see that!. But Aigbogun sure dropped out a lot of genuine young talent.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:05am On May 17, 2020
u fall my hand o

BascoVanVeli:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:08am On May 17, 2020
Oliseh handled a foreign club and sent them to promotion. Still waiting for a Nigerian coach to match that feat.

jihday:
Oliseh's tenure as Super eagles coach will always amaze me, he criticized keshi the whole time only for him to get the job few months after and end up as one of the worst coaches we've had in the past few years, with that rubbish game against Tanzania as the highlight

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:19am On May 17, 2020
Joebie:
Oliseh handled a foreign club and sent them to promotion. Still waiting for a Nigerian coach to match that feat.

He's the only one who has gotten that opportunity, even that he flunked it as well

(1) (2) (3) ... (8584) (8585) (8586) (8587) (8588) (8589) (8590) ... (16168) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: etebefia, solonnachi and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.