Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,133 members, 7,849,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:14 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8716) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11857776 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8713) (8714) (8715) (8716) (8717) (8718) (8719) ... (16248) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Earthquake

Seek help
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 3:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
I quite agree, a game might not say it all. However, from this game, I can see why there is so much hype on him. His first touch, speed and marking, very good. Also, he gat the gas. Always on the move. Essien type!
TheSuperNerd:
Good. Now you can forge first hand opinion on the lad but remember, one game may not say it all. You may need to watch him a few more times.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 3:17pm On Jun 14, 2020
Abeg where is tbaba1234? It is quite unusual of him, staying away this long. I do think Minnesota is calm now. Abeg, tbaba respond, let us know how you are doing.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 3:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
fabyom:
I quite agree, a game might not say it all. However, from this game, I can see why there is so much hype on him. His first touch, speed and marking, very good. Also, he gat the gas. Always on the move. Essien type!

Great! I guess he is a box to box midfielder. Somewhat like joe aribo. He contributes to the attack i guess from what you say
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 3:34pm On Jun 14, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Nigerian players likely to be in action across Europe today

Bundesliga

Taiwo Awoniyi (Mainz) vs Augsburg - Home game.

Felix Uduokhai and Noah Sarenren Bazee (Augsburg) vs Mainz - Away game.

Turkish Super Liga

Olarenwaju Kayode (Gaziantep) vs Ankaragucu - Home game.

Henry Onyekuru and Jesse Sekidika (Galatasaray) vs Rizespor - Away game.

Serbian Super Liga

Sadiq Umar (Partizan Belgrade) vs Cukaricki - Home game.

Czech Liga

Peter Olayinka (Slavia Prague) vs Zlin - Home game.

Danish Super Liga

Frank Onyeka (FC Midtjylland) vs Aalborg BK - Away game.

Segunda Division

Valentine Ozornwafor (Almeria) vs Albacete - Away game.

Austrian Bundesliga

Kelvin Arase (Rapid Wien) vs Wolfsberger AC - Home game.

Austrian Bundesliga 2

Sunday Faleye (FC Wacker) vs BW Linz - Home game.

Swedish Allsvenskan

Alhassan Yusuf (IFK Goteborg) vs Elfsborg - Home game.

Ishaq Abdulrazak (Norrkoping) vs Kalmar - Home game.

Amoo..our 17 Messi is now above 18 is with Kalmar in Sweden. Ibra made sure he signed for them. He is co-owner

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 3:39pm On Jun 14, 2020
Awoniyi has been replaced on 20 minutes after a collision. He was stretchered off. Heard he is on the way to hospital.
I do hope he is fine.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 3:40pm On Jun 14, 2020
gamaliel9:

Amoo..our 17 Messi is now above 18 is with Kalmar in Sweden. Ibra made sure he signed for them. He is co-owner

Has he traveled?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 3:40pm On Jun 14, 2020
Awoniyi was substituted after just 23min played
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by benji93: 4:27pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sometimes I don't quite understand what we want as Nigerians. grin. We all agree players should be invited on merit. But now, somebody plays well, he's too old, or there's too much competition. If he is playing better than all those donning the GWG out wide, then play him. He's been involved in 19 of his team's goals in 25 matches, better than any Nigerian playing wide currently(statwise). I don't understand how that doesn't warrant a look in. Invite him. Play him, if he doesn't measure up, don't invite him again. What is required of a good coach is to get the right mix of quality players regardless of age, we are not going to the next tournament to compete for the youngest team. We wanna win, so put together a winning team. We don't want any excuse; ooo, you know the team is quite young. They are improving. They will get there, inexperience blablabla. grin.
andrewbaba44:

How many people is better than nwakaeme in his role ?

You guys should remove this age thing Abeg

Like to be sincere how many of our wingers have done better than nwakaeme ?

I might agree with the age part but please don’t tell me competition there

Or maybe because he is playing in Turkey

Our wingers haven’t done better than that dude

I hope he wins the league sha

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 4:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
ChrisKels:

Those(in holds) are the qualities that made me say I wouldn't trade him for a Tammy. In 2016 he was too young for the Olympics, hence the school boy errors that seem to have eroded the mind of many, and have them blinded to the immense quality innate in the boy. That guy is top quality and he is so daring, a very selfless striker to play with as a forward. Gerrard wanted to mess him up because he spoke up, but boy wasn't gonna settle for less, because he has so much believe in his abilities. Look how far he has come compared to the mediocres Gerrard was selecting ahead of him, in a bid to diss him.

I hope you saw the way he easily beats or commits defenders, his first touches are orgasmic, the way he controls balls is so pleasurable that it could make one come prematurely.

He is a certified baller, and he is headed for the apex. I can't wait for the summer transfer window to open

Yes he should be doing better aerially and should also work on his shooting to stack up more stats

Even with his not-so-impressive performance at the Olympics, he still managed to get more goals for the team. Now that he's improved and his tearing that Serbian League up, I guess it's time to cut ties with Roma to a quality side in a quality league where he'd be guaranteed more playing time.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:58pm On Jun 14, 2020
benji93:
Sometimes I don't quite understand what we want as Nigerians. grin. We all agree players should be invited on merit. But now, somebody plays well, he's too old, or there's too much competition. If he is playing better than all those donning the GWG out wide, then play him. He's been involved in 19 of his team's goals in 25 matches, better than any Nigerian playing wide currently(statwise). I don't understand how that doesn't warrant a look in. Invite him. Play him, if he doesn't measure up, don't invite him again. What is required of a good coach is to get the right mix of quality players regardless of age, we are not going to the next tournament to compete for the youngest team. We wanna win, so put together a winning team. We don't want any excuse; ooo, you know the team is quite young. They are improving. They will get there, inexperience blablabla. grin.

You see trust me I like rohr and I respect his decision even thou he doesn’t call nwakaeme

But you see the people on this thread they are always bias ,if you ask them why can’t this player be called they will always give yeye excuse just because he isn’t their favorite ,imagine some people saying he is too old ,meaning if a younger player is playing nonsense then he should be called ahead of him because he is too old ? Lol

Double standards everywhere

Bless you for that you just said jare

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 5:03pm On Jun 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

You see trust me I like rohr and I respect his decision even thou he doesn’t call nwakaeme

But you see the people on this thread they are always bias ,if you ask them why can’t this player be called they will always give yeye excuse just because he isn’t their favorite ,imagine some people saying he is too old ,meaning if a younger player is playing nonsense then he should be called ahead of him because he is too old ? Lol

Would you pick him ahead of Simon or Ejuke??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
Olulong:

Would you pick him ahead of Simon or Ejuke??

Ejuke hasn’t been called and I will pick him ahead of ejuke for now

Moses Simon is our best winger in Europe too 5 league

Why can’t u ask me of Samuel kalu ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 5:15pm On Jun 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Ejuke hasn’t been called and I will pick him ahead of ejuke for now

Moses Simon is our best winger in Europe too 5 league

Why can’t u ask me of Samuel kalu ?

We all agreed on this thread that Kalu didn't deserve his last call up.

Also in his position the maximum number of players that can be selected in a squad on the wings is 5 and we all know Musa,Chuks and Simon has taken three of those slots already. So the remaining two slot is between him, Onyekuru, Ejuke, Dennis and Kalu.

And we all know Rohr doesn't rate Turkish league, Even when Onyekuru did 16 goals sef, he barely got game time, added to his age.

buh I think he deserves to be called up tho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 5:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Bros Bros
From the last call up list who do you think should be dropped for Nwaekeme

Modified

For the Sierra Leone match

Ahmed Musa (Al Nassr, Saudi Arabia); Alexander Iwobi (Everton FC, England); Victor Osimhen (Lille OSC, France); Moses Simon (FC Nantes, France); Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal FC, Spain); Cyril Dessers (Heracles Almelo, The Netherlands); Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City, England); Samuel Kalu (Girondins Bordeaux, France)
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
Edopesin:

Bros Bros
From the last call up list who do you think should be dropped for Nwaekeme

Modified

For the Sierra Leone match

Ahmed Musa (Al Nassr, Saudi Arabia); Alexander Iwobi (Everton FC, England); Victor Osimhen (Lille OSC, France); Moses Simon (FC Nantes, France); Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal FC, Spain); Cyril Dessers (Heracles Almelo, The Netherlands); Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City, England); Samuel Kalu (Girondins Bordeaux, France)

Stop pretending as if there arent players who cant be dropped

What has samuel kalu done ? Just tell me

I reserve my comment for the rest
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
Olulong:

We all agreed on this thread that Kalu didn't deserve his last call up.

Also in his position the maximum number of players that can be selected in a squad on the wings is 5 and we all know Musa,Chuks and Simon has taken three of those slots already. So the remaining two slot is between him, Onyekuru, Ejuke, Dennis and Kalu.

And we all know Rohr doesn't rate Turkish league, Even when Onyekuru did 16 goals sef, he barely got game time, added to his age.

buh I think he deserves to be called up tho

Agreed about onyekuru, even at belgium he wasnt called up

Rohr doesnt rate turkish league but i will wonder how he do call shehu from the division 2

Or lets say rohr has his preference of players

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 5inchdick: 5:25pm On Jun 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

So when Rohr drops Kalu, then he should call Nwakaeme?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 5:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Based on club form, but we know managers have thier tested and trusted, Particularly national team managers. And it seems Kalu is Gernot Rohr's boy. Just like how Joachim Lowe's continued to select Podolski even after his torrid time at Arsenal. Same way Deshamps will pick a Giroud over Martial and Laca even if each of them scores 100 goals each
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
5inchdick:

So when Rohr drops Kalu, then he should call Nwakaeme?

So nwakaeme is not good enough to replace kalu if he is dropped right ?

I guess kalu is cr7
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 5:26pm On Jun 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

the last time he play for us he did well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:27pm On Jun 14, 2020
maidaboi:
the last time he play for us he did well

Who?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 5:28pm On Jun 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Agreed about onyekuru, even at belgium he wasnt called up

Rohr doesnt rate turkish league but i will wonder how he do call shehu from the division 2

Or lets say rohr has his preference of players

Every managers have thier preferred players Remember he barely used Osimhen and Onyekuru at afcon even after thier performance the season prior but Simon who scored just one goal all season saw a lot of game time. I'm sure if Ighalo wasn't retired, Osimhen will still be second choice
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
Olulong:

Based on club form, but we know managers have thier tested and trusted, Particularly national team managers. And it seems Kalu is Gernot Rohr's boy. Just like how Joachim Lowe's continued to select Podolski even after his torrid time at Arsenal. Same way Deshamps will pick a Giroud over Martial and Laca even if each of them scores 100 goals each

Martial has never been constitent till recently, he is no better CF than giroud

Normaly coach have their favorites, you can see where i said i am always okay with rohr players

I go just put my opinion here, and i just love sincere arguement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 5:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Who?
SAMUEL KALU
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
Olulong:

Every managers have thier preferred players Remember he barely used Osimhen and Onyekuru at afcon even after thier performance the season prior but Simon who scored just one goal all season saw a lot of game time. I'm sure if Ighalo wasn't retired, Osimhen will still be second choice

He has always hardly used onyekuru

You where expecting osimhen to start ahead of ighalo at afcon abi?

Haba

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 5:30pm On Jun 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

lols i just wanted to know which players you are referring to na

I'm not justifying anything but Samuel Kalu hasn't done bad in the qualifiers so far and yes he is young and plays for a better team in a better league cheesy

Onyekuru that was doing well in the same turkey wasn't given game time
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2020
maidaboi:
SAMUEL KALU

And so?

Even if e no play well for club make dem dey call am abi, as if dem no drop nacho when e no dey play well
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 5inchdick: 5:32pm On Jun 14, 2020
andrewbaba44:

So nwakaeme is not good enough to replace kalu if he is dropped right ?

I guess kalu is cr7
Who is talking about Kalu being CR7 sef? And Naakaeme is not good enough to replace Kalu.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clementoke(m): 5:32pm On Jun 14, 2020
Nwakaeme disappointed and flopped heavily when given a chance in an inconsequential match. You guys want him to be given another?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:32pm On Jun 14, 2020
Edopesin:

lols i just wanted to know which players you are referring to na

I'm not justifying anything but Samuel Kalu hasn't done bad in the qualifiers so far and yes he is young and plays for a better team in a better league cheesy

Onyekuru that was doing well in the same turkey wasn't given game time

Onyekuru wasnt even given game time in belgium , so maybe rohr hates belgium league and turkey abi

But how come e dey call shehu abdulahi from division 2 grin

Who plays for a better team in a better league
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:34pm On Jun 14, 2020
5inchdick:

Who is talking about Kalu being CR7 sef? And Naakaeme is not good enough to replace Kalu.

Lol nwakaeme is not good enough to replace kalu

Nothing wey person no go see for this thread cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (8713) (8714) (8715) (8716) (8717) (8718) (8719) ... (16248) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.