Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,496 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8723) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11657027 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8720) (8721) (8722) (8723) (8724) (8725) (8726) ... (16148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 7:54pm On Jun 15, 2020
andrewbaba44:

They have won something for club levels

International football no be everyday like club football

And besides I am taking about club football but you are bringing international football
lolz . . Even at club level, they couldn't won it all.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:02pm On Jun 15, 2020
Edopesin:

are we going to ignore the fact that ighalo took us to the Afcon semi
Really? So he took us to semi? Omeruo's goal against guinea, both samu's and ekong's goals against SA were indecisive?. What of Iwobi's goal against Cameroon? Come on bro, you can do better
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:05pm On Jun 15, 2020
Edopesin:

“It was a big disappointment.  Even though my players played their best, they lost

to the opponents due to inexperience of my players.

”My team is a very young side compared to the Argentines, who play in the big leagues all over the world. You can talk of the experience of Lionel Messi.

”But my team is a very wonderful one; disciplined, young and very interesting to work with.

They will be ready in the next World Cup when most of them would have matured for big time football like the World Cup,” 

The Coach said that but mostob and Chriskels of Nairaland think otherwise lmfao
So what do you expect the coach to say in such circumstance? And what of Germany and Spain that crashed out, were they also inexperienced? Argentina that defeated us with their almighty experience,where did they ended up w?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:06pm On Jun 15, 2020
mostob:
Exactly, ighalo has retired.
We moved on already. But saying he will bench osimhen if he mistakenly come back is just outrageous.

Lols
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:06pm On Jun 15, 2020
mostob:
lolz . . Even at club level, they couldn't won it all.

Yes but dem still win things sha

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:12pm On Jun 15, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Lols

Even apart from their ability, do you think it is wise we discard our long term investment (osimhen) because of the short one (ighalo) ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 8:14pm On Jun 15, 2020
Edopesin:

The Argentina match
On what basis if I may ask??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 8:16pm On Jun 15, 2020
mostob:
Really? So he took us to semi? Omeruo's goal against guinea, both samu's and ekong's goals against SA were indecisive?. What of Iwobi's goal against Cameroon? Come on bro, you can do better

I'm sure I don't need to remind you that he contributed to more goals than anyone in the whole tournament, he contributed to all the 3 goals scored against Cameroon in R16 but no you chose to ignore that one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 8:18pm On Jun 15, 2020
mostob:
So what do you expect the coach to say in such circumstance? And what of Germany and Spain that crashed out, were they also inexperienced? Argentina that defeated us with their almighty experience,where did they ended up w?

You can make your excuses for Spain and Germany I'm merely telling you what rohr said

Unless you are implying that rohr is wrong here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jimmyiovine: 8:23pm On Jun 15, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
News on national team appointments to be made soon.

U-17, U-20 and even U-23.

One major shock awaits. Lol. But one good news is present in the midst of all these.

What is the major shock and what is the good news?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:31pm On Jun 15, 2020
Edopesin:

I'm sure I don't need to remind you that he contributed to more goals than anyone in the whole tournament, he contributed to all the 3 goals scored against Cameroon in R16 but no you chose to ignore that one
what of against south Africa? Don't you just get it? Everybody played their parts. Ighalo didn't took us to semi, everxbody did.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:31pm On Jun 15, 2020
mostob:
Even apart from their ability, do you think it is wise we discard our long term investment (osimhen) because of the short one (ighalo) ?

No bro

I already said I don’t want ighalo back

It’s time for victor and he has already started well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:34pm On Jun 15, 2020
Edopesin:

You can make your excuses for Spain and Germany I'm merely telling you what rohr said

Unless you are implying that rohr is wrong here
Yea, He is wrong. How many gree horns did we even took to WC sef ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 8:36pm On Jun 15, 2020
andrewbaba44:

No bro

we are saying the same thing bro.
Peace

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:38pm On Jun 15, 2020
andrewbaba44:

No bro

U don't want him back because he's 90year old grin grin or what...we need d mix of young and experience bro,I won't mind a vicmo too..if he's willing to come back and play for us

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:38pm On Jun 15, 2020
Just managed to catch up with the last 6 or so pages on here.

My take on the two major debates:

1. The relevance of Nwakaeme to SE

While it is true that Nwakaeme deserves another chance he will have to wait for it considering these wingers he comes against:
a. Samuel Kalu has been massive for SE. No national team coach will drop an already performing player for another player because of superior club stats alone, considering that Nwakaeme was given a chance before. We remember when Iheanacho was very impressive for SE and continued to get a look in despite not getting match time at the club level. Kalu is in that boat. And as longs as he keeps putting in a good shift for SE he will keep getting a call up, deservedly.

b. Yes it is true Ahmed Musa had just come back from injury and has not had a considerable amount of minutes under his belt in Saudi Arabia, when he was recalled. Musa has been MIA for SE since the WC, I stand to be corrected, but seems to keep getting invited based on his captainship status. I trust Rohr to drop Musa eventually if he does not up his club and country game, like he did to KC in the past. But how long should we wait?

c. Chidera Ejuke who has been getting more attention in the transfer market is an untested player in SE who suits the way Rohr likes to play from the wings. Chidera also has an impressive stats like Nwakaeme. Besides Ejuke there are wingers with superior performances considering their exploits in Europe. Olayinka and Dennis comes to mind. The latter players will likely get another look in before Nwakaeme because Rohr needs to see them playing more minutes to take a better look at them.

For now, I will say Nwakaeme is doing the right thing. He knows that before he will get a second chance he will have to be convincing in Turkey. This must be the reason for his impressive performance. Every Nigerian player must work hard to get a look in. And when they get their chance they must make sure not to blow it. If Anderson Esiti had his second chance, Nwakaeme certainly will. It's only a matter of time.

2. Sadiq Umar's resurgence and the SE question.

This argument is similar to the previous. But I will side with those who say Umar needs to be called up without delay for the sole reason that Paul Onuachu got a call up. Sadiq has far more to to offer SE than Onuachu can. Rohr once talked about Onuachu's height and the different option he can add to the front. Sadiq is all that and more. Onuchu has the fastest goal ever for SE and since then he has been an anonymous mouse. Sadiq proven and tested at the U23 level, and has been a lion in the lower league. I think Maja should not be hurried into SE.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 8:40pm On Jun 15, 2020
mostob:
Yea, He is wrong. How many gree horns did we even took to WC sef ?

cheesy

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:40pm On Jun 15, 2020
elyte89:

U don't want him back because he's 90year old grin grin or what...we need d mix of young and experience bro,I won't mind a vicmo too..if he's willing to come back and play for us

You can rely on osimhen at least ,even a nacho that’s Inform so there will be no need of ighalo

I can agree about victor moses because we can’t even rely on all our wingers
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:42pm On Jun 15, 2020
And as regards the Osimhen and Ighalo debate, even Osimhen will tell you he is still understudying Ighalo. Ighalo has performed in the EPL. Topped the goal scorers log at AFCON, and has shown that he can even play at the highest level for a clubside like Manchester. Osimhen is just one level below that. When he signs for a bigger club and performs then we can have the debate again. For me I'm okay with both of them starting grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:43pm On Jun 15, 2020
Joebie:
Just managed to catch up with the last 6 or so pages on here.

My take on the two major debates:

1. The relevance of Nwakaeme to SE

While it is true that Nwakaeme deserves another chance he will have to wait for it considering these wingers he comes against:
a. Samuel Kalu has been massive for SE. No national team coach will drop an already performing player for another player because of superior club stats alone, considering that Nwakaeme was given a chance before. We remember when Iheanacho was very impressive for SE and continued to get a look in despite not getting match time at the club level. Kalu is in that boat. And as longs as he keeps putting in a good shift for SE he will keep getting a call up, deservedly.

b. Yes it is true Ahmed Musa had just come back from injury and has not had a considerable amount of minutes under his belt in Saudi Arabia, when he was recalled. Musa has been MIA for SE since the WC, I stand to be corrected, but seems to keep getting invited based on his captainship status. I trust Rohr to drop Musa eventually if he does not up his club and country game, like he did to KC in the past. But how long should we wait?

c. Chidera Ejuke who has been getting more attention in the transfer market is an untested player in SE who suits the way Rohr likes to play from the wings. Chidera also has an impressive stats like Nwakaeme. Besides Ejuke there are wingers with superior performances considering their exploits in Europe. Olayinka and Dennis comes to mind. The latter players will likely get another look in before Nwakaeme because Rohr needs to see them playing more minutes to take a better look at them.

For now, I will say Nwakaeme is doing the right thing. He knows that before he will get a second chance he will have to be convincing in Turkey. This must be the reason for his impressive performance. Every Nigerian player must work hard to get a look in. And when they get their chance they must make sure not to blow it. If Anderson Esiti had his second chance, Nwakaeme certainly will. It's only a matter of time.

2. Sadiq Umar's resurgence and the SE question.

This argument is similar to the previous. But I will side with those who say Umar needs to be called up without delay for the sole reason that Paul Onuachu got a call up. Sadiq has far more to to offer SE than Onuachu can. Rohr once talked about Onuachu's height and the different option he can add to the front. Sadiq is all that and more. Onuchu has the fastest goal ever for SE and since then he has been an anonymous mouse. Sadiq proven and tested at the U23 level, and has been a lion in the lower league. I think Maja should not be hurried into SE.

Sadiq umar should be called up from the backwater league right ?

But Na una go insult player wey dey play for turkey

Which onuachu height how many wingers for una team sabi cross ball ?

U want make we dey play cross and nod abi grin
Continue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:44pm On Jun 15, 2020
Ighalo will give us even better performances if his teammates can up their game.
Edopesin:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:45pm On Jun 15, 2020
andrewbaba44:

You can rely on osimhen at least ,even a nacho that’s Inform so there will be no need of ighalo

I can agree about victor moses because we can’t even rely on all our wingers

Just imaging osimhen or nacho misfiring in a game wyle ighalo and vicmo is on d bench waiting for deir opportunity.. Dis alone will bring d needed fire in our young players cos any mess up results to bench..we need DT "NO TIME FOR EXPERIMENT MENTALITY" cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:45pm On Jun 15, 2020
I've not insulted any player. Sadiq and Nwakaeme -- different circumstances I've highlighted.
andrewbaba44:

Sadiq umar should be called up from the backwater league right ?

But Na una go insult player wey dey play for turkey

Continue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:46pm On Jun 15, 2020
elyte89:

Just imaging osimhen or nacho misfiring in a game wyle ighalo and vicmo is on d bench waiting for deir opportunity.. Dis alone will bring d needed fire in our young players cos any mess up results to bench..we need DT "NO TIME FOR EXPERIMENT MENTALITY" cool

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 8:47pm On Jun 15, 2020
Joebie:
I've not insulted any player. Sadiq and Nwakaeme -- different circumstances I've highlighted.

Sorry for including you jare
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 8:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
Joebie:
Ighalo will give us even better performances if his teammates can up their game.

Spot on
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:48pm On Jun 15, 2020
no problem bro
andrewbaba44:

Sorry for including you jare
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:04pm On Jun 15, 2020
elyte89:

Vicmo? Damn!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 9:06pm On Jun 15, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
News on national team appointments to be made soon.

U-17, U-20 and even U-23.

One major shock awaits. Lol. But one good news is present in the midst of all these.
Finidi - U17
Aigbogun - U20
Landan Bosso - U23/Home-based eagles(not sure).

If Bosso gets a job, then Pinnick needs to be jailed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 9:14pm On Jun 15, 2020
edi287:

Finidi - U17
Aigbogun - U20

Not only Bosso bro. What of Aigbogun
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 9:25pm On Jun 15, 2020
edi287:

Finidi - U17
Aigbogun - U20

No be only Bosso, na Gidan kwanu

Wharisdis?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jimmyiovine: 9:28pm On Jun 15, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (8720) (8721) (8722) (8723) (8724) (8725) (8726) ... (16148) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Theben(m), elyte89, do4luv14(m), aicon4s and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.