Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,495 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8727) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11657015 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8724) (8725) (8726) (8727) (8728) (8729) (8730) ... (16148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:35pm On Jun 16, 2020
Danielnino00:

If Ighalo returns to the SE,he will start ahead of Osimhen simply because Rohr prefers him.. it's not because he is better than Osimhen..

Ighalo is more of a poacher, Osimhen is an all round striker...

I have it the other way round.

Osimhen is more of a poacher, Ighalo is an all round striker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:47pm On Jun 16, 2020
mostob:
Even apart from their ability, do you think it is wise we discard our long term investment (osimhen) because of the short one (ighalo) ?

The issue is not discard,nobody gets discarded.

The question is the most effective and capable striker for the SE in the hear and now. Not in the future so let the most suited or effective player for the gam play.

Age is not the issue, in this regard how old is Ronaldo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:48pm On Jun 16, 2020
I have it the other way around your "round" grin

There. It's Fixed.

komekn:

Ighalo is more of a poacher, Osimhen is an all round striker

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 2:50pm On Jun 16, 2020
komekn:

You are joking...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:50pm On Jun 16, 2020
Sadiq Umar to Anderlecht is gathering some strong talks.

Meanwhile another member of the Nigeria U-17 class of 2019 is likely on his way to Belgium.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:51pm On Jun 16, 2020
Joebie:
And as regards the Osimhen and Ighalo debate, even Osimhen will tell you he is still understudying Ighalo. Ighalo has performed in the EPL. Topped the goal scorers log at AFCON, and has shown that he can even play at the highest level for a clubside like Manchester. Osimhen is just one level below that. When he signs for a bigger club and performs then we can have the debate again. For me I'm okay with both of them starting grin

Agreed without question.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:54pm On Jun 16, 2020
Ofcos he is even though he will carry on in this joke. I like Iggy and have criticized him when he wasn't delivering and also showered encomiums on him for his heroics in the GWG between Post-Russia 2018 and Afcon 2019.

Iggy retired a legend and if he comes back, he will definitely play but that does not mean I won't call it as it is. Osimhen is a more complete forward than Iggy but Iggy has Osimhen's deepest respect and reverence.

Danielnino00:

You are joking...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:18pm On Jun 16, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Ofcos he is even though he will carry on in this joke. I like Iggy and have criticized him when he wasn't delivering and also showered encomiums on him for his heroics in the GWG between Post-Russia 2018 and Afcon 2019.

Iggy retired a legend and if he comes back, he will definitely play but that does not mean I won't call it as it is. Osimhen is a more complete forward than Iggy but Iggy has Osimhen's deepest respect and reverence.

Victor dey ball sha

Victor and Ndidi are the 2 eagles players I am confident in ,I don’t mean others aren’t good sha

But you see victor and Ndidi ,leave those ones

I am reading some news about man united planning to go for Ndidi

Have you seen it ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:30pm On Jun 16, 2020
We know already that Omeruo + Awaziem will be up against Messi and company while Chuks' Villareal take on Real Mallorca.

Now here are other Nigerian players in action today across Europe:

Bundesliga

Anthony Ujah (Union Berlin) vs Jamilu Collins (Paderborn) - Home game for Ujah.

Jordan Torunarigha (Hertha Berlin) vs SC Freiburg - Away game.

2. Bundesliga

Felix Agu (Osnabruck) vs Hamburg - Away game.

La Liga

Oghenekaro Peter Etebo (Getafe) vs Espanyol - Home game.

Segunda Division

James Igbekeme (Real Zaragoza) vs Lugo - Away game.

Portuguese Primeira Liga

Zaidu Sanusi (Santa Clara) vs Portimonense - Home game.

Danish Super Liga

Tosin Kehinde (Randers FC) vs Hobro - Home game.

Norwegian Eliteserien

Samuel Adegbenro (Rosenborg BK) vs Kristiansund - Home game.

Peter Godly Michael (Valerenga) vs Sarpsborg - Away game.

Austrian Bundesliga

Bright Edomwonyi (Austria Wien) vs WSG Tirol - Home game.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:31pm On Jun 16, 2020
edi287:

Finidi - U17
Aigbogun - U20
Landan Bosso - U23/Home-based eagles(not sure).

If Bosso gets a job, then Pinnick needs to be jailed.
Aigbogun ain't coming back, he made moves though but his failure was too loud to be hushed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:32pm On Jun 16, 2020
Yes I saw news carrying those Ndidi to Man utd links. Don't think it is feasible this summer though.

andrewbaba44:

Victor dey ball sha

Victor and Ndidi are the 2 eagles players I am confident in ,I don’t mean others aren’t good sha

But you see victor and Ndidi ,leave those ones

I am reading some news about man united planning to go for Ndidi

Have you seen it ?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:38pm On Jun 16, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
grin grin grin

Finidi is the only bright spark. His work with PEC Zwolle U-19 gives us hope at least.

As for Ladan Bosso, to be honest, he is better than a Joseph Yobo at this time based on coaching experience and qualifications but I am still not so comfortable having him. May he prove me wrong if his appointment is made official.

It is the news of Aigbogun's likely appointment that got me almost fainting. But we will see the end of this shaa coz I hear some speculations about the minister not entirely agreeing with the Aigbogun appointment for the U-20s plus there are tales of multiple petitions against him on the table of the NFF but time will tell if that becomes Official or not. If it is made official in the affirmative for Paul, then that would make my fainting official. grin

can you please highlight Finidi's work in Holland
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:41pm On Jun 16, 2020
andrewbaba44:

cheesy

My prayer is those guys don’t get relegated

only a miracle can save them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 3:44pm On Jun 16, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Meanwhile another member of the Nigeria U-17 class of 2019 is likely on his way to Belgium.

1. Where did u get this infirmation from. Please tell us
2. Can you mention the name of the player going to belgium
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:44pm On Jun 16, 2020
jihday:
only a miracle can save them

Yes but they have a very big chance to escape relegation
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:46pm On Jun 16, 2020
anderlecht will be a good destination for him. i pray the move works out
TheSuperNerd:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:47pm On Jun 16, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

One of the major reasons of us not qualifying was due to administrative problems which Rohr has never experienced. We have also qualified and done well in multiple AFCONs to make a big deal about qualifying.
every SE coach have faced administrative problem, Rhor just decided to focus on the job at hand. Is the SE going on strike during afcon not part? Or giving him a stadium he said it's not good enough not an administrative problem? No dey make excuses for those coaches that failed us before. Sia1, Oliseh and Keshi messed up tactically and we paid for it with Afcon spot

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:52pm On Jun 16, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
We know already that Omeruo + Awaziem will be up against Messi and company while Chuks' Villareal take on Real Mallorca.

Now here are other Nigerian players in action today across Europe:

Bundesliga

Anthony Ujah (Union Berlin) vs Jamilu Collins (Paderborn) - Home game for Ujah.

Jordan Torunarigha (Hertha Berlin) vs SC Freiburg - Away game.

2. Bundesliga

Felix Agu (Osnabruck) vs Hamburg - Away game.

La Liga

Oghenekaro Peter Etebo (Getafe) vs Espanyol - Home game.

Segunda Division

James Igbekeme (Real Zaragoza) vs Lugo - Away game.

Portuguese Primeira Liga

Zaidu Sanusi (Santa Clara) vs Portimonense - Home game.

Danish Super Liga

Tosin Kehinde (Randers FC) vs Hobro - Home game.

Norwegian Eliteserien

Samuel Adegbenro (Rosenborg BK) vs Kristiansund - Home game.

Peter Godly Michael (Valerenga) vs Sarpsborg - Away game.

Austrian Bundesliga

Bright Edomwonyi (Austria Wien) vs WSG Tirol - Home game.

baba abeg help me ask our guys when their super striker Ujah will score 5 league goals, just 5 we no dey even find 15 again grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jimmyiovine: 3:52pm On Jun 16, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
grin grin grin

Finidi is the only bright spark. His work with PEC Zwolle U-19 gives us hope at least.

As for Ladan Bosso, to be honest, he is better than a Joseph Yobo at this time based on coaching experience and qualifications but I am still not so comfortable having him. May he prove me wrong if his appointment is made official.

It is the news of Aigbogun's likely appointment that got me almost fainting. But we will see the end of this shaa coz I hear some speculations about the minister not entirely agreeing with the Aigbogun appointment for the U-20s plus there are tales of multiple petitions against him on the table of the NFF but time will tell if that becomes Official or not. If it is made official in the affirmative for Paul, then that would make my fainting official. grin

I am just happy everyone is on the same side in regards to Aigbogun. After the reports yesterday, people have just been yabbing him since. I don’t think NFF will dare appoint him again but in Nigeria anything is possible lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 3:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Yes but they have a very big chance to escape relegation
Barça rendered them toothless, bros their chances are slim. Where will the goals come from?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 3:56pm On Jun 16, 2020
komekn:

They are both all rounders.

Ighalo credit to him improved his game as he got older. There was a time where dude sucked really bad as a lone striker. He improved his hold up play and the rest is history.
He has always been good with the ball at his feet and in one on ones to a certain extent.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:58pm On Jun 16, 2020
jihday:
Barça rendered them toothless, bros their chances are slim. Where will the goals come from?

Lol I no mean for today Match o baba
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 4:01pm On Jun 16, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Lol I no mean for today Match o baba
I know, did Barça not snatch Chris Brown from them? Chris Brown used to be their best player before Barcelona went to take him by force
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by 5inchdick: 4:05pm On Jun 16, 2020
edi287:

They are both all rounders.

Ighalo credit to him improved his game as he got older. There was a time where dude sucked really bad as a lone striker. He improved his hold up play and the rest is history.
He has always been good with the ball at his feet and in one on ones to a certain extent.
I agree with no iota of bias and emotive prejudice.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 4:20pm On Jun 16, 2020
Nawa o. Its come to Ighalo and Osimhen?

Its too far to compare when it comes to SE now. Haba.

For the return, i have this thought that Osimhen will start and Ighalo will come on.

Anything that makes Ighalo perform better, i hope that doesn't change the pendulum.

So, i think its a healthy one for the 9 role at the end of the day. Esp with Dessers not far off.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:31pm On Jun 16, 2020
it will be ill advised for iggy to rescind his decision. he has done his bit for the team and is remembered as one of the finest ever we have exported to europe. he is 31 already and with the likes of dessers,maja,sadiq,okereke and a few others hanging by the corner it will be of no use bringing the old war horse back.
daveP:
Nawa o. Its come to Ighalo and Osimhen?

Its too far to compare when it comes to SE now. Haba.

For the return, i have this thought that Osimhen will start and Ighalo will come on.

Anything that makes Ighalo perform better, i hope that doesn't change the pendulum.

So, i think its a healthy one for the 9 role at the end of the day. Esp with Dessers not far off.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:33pm On Jun 16, 2020
jihday:
every SE coach have faced administrative problem, Rhor just decided to focus on the job at hand. Is the SE going on strike during afcon not part? Or giving him a stadium he said it's not good enough not an administrative problem? No dey make excuses for those coaches that failed us before. Sia1, Oliseh and Keshi messed up tactically and we paid for it with Afcon spot

gbam!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:36pm On Jun 16, 2020
Napoli are ready to use 2019 Africa Cup of Nations-winning midfielder Adam Ounas as a makeweight in their bid to sign Lille goal poacher Victor Osimhen, according to reports.

Le 10 Sport making reference to Italian sports daily Tuttosport says Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis has a good relationship with his Lille counterpart Gerard Lopez and the transfer of Osimhen could be completed for forty million euros.

In the hope of bringing down the striker's transfer fee, Napoli's Algeria national-teamer Ounas, who spent last season on loan at OGC Nice, could be moving in the opposite direction.

Osimhen put himself in the shop window following a breakout season in France that saw him score 18 goals and provide six assists for Lille in all competitions.

The 21-year-old has also been linked with English Premier League and La Liga clubs but Napoli are confident that they have stolen a march on their rivals for his services.

The former Sporting Chaleroi star joined Lille last August for a fee of twelve million euros.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:41pm On Jun 16, 2020
According to a report from the Chronicle, Newcastle are now interested in signing Queens Park Rangers ace Eberechi Eze. And that will be a big blow to West Ham United’s hopes of landing the talented midfielder.

Claret and Hugh backed up those claims a couple of days ago.

And now the Chronicle are claiming that Steve Bruce wants to bring Eze to St James’ Park.

If Newcastle are genuinely interested in signing the QPR starlet, that will obviously represent a real problem for West Ham.

The Magpies are on the verge of being taken over by a mega-rich Saudi Arabian consortium. And if that goes through, as it is expected to do so, the Tyneside outfit will be a club with great ambition.

Eze might just find it very hard to turn down Newcastle, considering where they could be in two or three years time.

Incredibly talented
The 21-year-old is an attacking midfielder by trade, although he can also play out on either wing. He is exactly the type of player West Ham should be targeting.

The England under-21 international is powerful, energetic, dynamic and he has a real eye for goal.

Eze has racked up 12 goals and eight assists in 37 Championship outings for QPR .

In those outings, the 21-year-old has averaged 2.4 shots, 1.9 key passes and three dribbles per game (Who Scored).

The Sun claims that Eze could cost around £20 million. And that could end up being a real bargain.

Other news outlets have suggested recently that he could be picked up for even less than that, however.

And what a signing he would be for West Ham.

Newcastle’s reported interest in Eze, however, certain complicates matters for the east London club.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by barackodam: 4:43pm On Jun 16, 2020
Edopesin:
Odion Ighalo Facts

Played Professional Football In
10 clubs
6 countries
3 continents

Copied And Edited

He won league with Shanghai also last season naa?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:44pm On Jun 16, 2020
charlesemeka85:
Napoli are ready to use 2019 Africa Cup of Nations-winning midfielder Adam Ounas as a makeweight in their bid to sign Lille goal poacher Victor Osimhen, according to reports.

Le 10 Sport making reference to Italian sports daily Tuttosport says Napoli President Aurelio De Laurentiis has a good relationship with his Lille counterpart Gerard Lopez and the transfer of Osimhen could be completed for forty million euros.

In the hope of bringing down the striker's transfer fee, Napoli's Algeria national-teamer Ounas, who spent last season on loan at OGC Nice, could be moving in the opposite direction.

Osimhen put himself in the shop window following a breakout season in France that saw him score 18 goals and provide six assists for Lille in all competitions.

The 21-year-old has also been linked with English Premier League and La Liga clubs but Napoli are confident that they have stolen a march on their rivals for his services.

The former Sporting Chaleroi star joined Lille last August for a fee of twelve million euros.

mixed feelings
He should just avoid Italy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:45pm On Jun 16, 2020
barackodam:

He won league with Shanghai also last season naa?
no it was FA cup

(1) (2) (3) ... (8724) (8725) (8726) (8727) (8728) (8729) (8730) ... (16148) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Theben(m), elyte89, do4luv14(m), aicon4s and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.