Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,511 members, 7,843,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8738) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11825969 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8735) (8736) (8737) (8738) (8739) (8740) (8741) ... (16231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:19pm On Jun 19, 2020
Truidstar:

Etebo was praised to high heavens by opposition managers. They marveled that he was a championship player. His quality was obviously miles above that level . He was one of the top performers in the championship. He was not motivated to perform. He wanted something higher.

My goodness see how you are reasoning.

Quality is by performance not by mouth Oh, you use the term MILES ABOVE .

You are being sentimental not objective or rational.

Look below Etebo performance in Stoke not in the Championship just his team. Not too much talk required.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:20pm On Jun 19, 2020
andrewbaba44:

What players do we have ?

Are we brazil england portugal ?

If onazi can get to a better league and do well then he can fight for a shirt

Agreed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 19, 2020
komekn:

My goodness see how you are reasoning.

Quality is by performance not by mouth Oh, you use the term MILES ABOVE .

You are being sentimental not objective or rational.

Look below Etebo performance in Stoke not in the Championship just his team. Not too much talk required.

If na by statistics, Kelechi Nwakali for dey play for Real Madrid. Etebo was voted player of the season by the fans.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:30pm On Jun 19, 2020
Truidstar:

If na by statistics, Kelechi Nwakali for dey play for Real Madrid.

Make we talk dis ting well.

If you be babe, then you all the guys say, l too fine, my character too sweet, everybody says I am the best wife material.

MEANWHILE NOT ONE PERSON PROPOSE.

That's is the case of Etebo according to you, all the Managers praised him but NOBODY wanted him.

EOD
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:36pm On Jun 19, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Look no further. It's right here. wink Hopefully this marks a new beginning of positive progress for the lad. Still a long long way to go.

Talk about emotive based bias and preference.

After 8 minutes of playing as a substitute in the very poor quality in all ways Segunda División.

You are actually appraising him that's just naked favoritism. He has absolutely done nothing to be talked about.

I dont know any Niger player that will come on as a substitute that people will talk about. If he had come on for Real, Barca or Liverpool it would make some sense.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 19, 2020
komekn:

If you be babe, then you all the guys say, l too fine, my character too sweet, everybody says I am the best wife material.

That's is the case of Etebo according to you, all the Managers praised him but NOBODY wanted him.

EOD

You know how e dey go na.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 1:43pm On Jun 19, 2020
komekn:

After 8 minutes of playing as a substitute in the very poor quality in all ways Segunda División.

You are actually appraising him that's just naked favoritism. He has absolutely done nothing to be talked about.

I dont know any Niger player that will come on as a substitute that people will talk about. If he had come on for Real, Barca or Liverpool it would make some sense.

At least it is an improvement. Better than not even being on the bench.
Secondly let us wait till january at least he would have played a lot of games to judge him.
But at least he is better than 6 months ago

Thirdly the spanish second division is underrated and a good league with good players. A borusia dortmund teenager is in huesca. I dont agree that the 2nd division of england is so much better.
You beleive too much in english football.
Villareal was once in the second division.
Sometimes you are too extreme

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 1:43pm On Jun 19, 2020
you are right the bundesliga is not the same as the EPL. The level of the German league is much higher. This season in the Champions league German teams have battered English teams from pillar to post.

you can not compare Batshuayi's short stint to Werner who has been consistently prolific for the past 4 seasons. Batshuayi that has only had one prolific season in 5 years? please stop taking the piss komekn.

komekn:

The Bundesliga is not the EPL they are not the same quality, intensity, physicality and or same level of competitivness.

Batshuayi who struggles for games at Chelsea goes to Bundesliga on loan with Borussia Dortmund scores 7 goals in 10 games.

That's an indicator let's see how Tim will adapt to the EPL or not as the case maybe. Because for now he is proven only in the less competitive Bundesliga. A league where one team had dominated for the past 10 years.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 1:45pm On Jun 19, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I am not a fan of onazi but saying a player thats 27 time has passed is wrong .
You Andrew is saying Onazi is 27? Wonders
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by isan(m): 1:57pm On Jun 19, 2020
Onazi is done just a journey men now
Philosopher1979:

If he improves yes he can. He is a quality player. Remember nigeria vs france 2014 world cup and how he bossed the midfield that contained pogba. More so he once played for Lazio. The talent is still there but he needs to get over his injuries and get back to form. Just give him an injury free season and let us see.
The quality is still there and he has experience. He is not yet finished and he may have something to offer
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2020
*you are still tuned to Hypeville FM 95.4!!!* la la la

komekn:

EOD

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
True, much is expected of Werner. Didn't Auba hit the ground running in the EPL?

chrisooblog:
you are right the bundesliga is not the same as the EPL. The level of the German league is much higher. This season in the Champions league German teams have battered English teams from pillar to post.

you can not compare Batshuayi's short stint to Werner who has been consistently prolific for the past 4 seasons. Batshuayi that has only had one prolific season in 5 years? please stop taking the piss komekn.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2020
I'm beginning to think the reason why some Nigerians are retiring their players prematurely in their head is because they think those players are using football ages.

Odunayaw:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 2:14pm On Jun 19, 2020
Watching that Huesca Match....Nwakali s teammates did not really come to the party. On the last 13 minutes..he showed what he can do...let him grab 90 minutes first....then next...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 2:15pm On Jun 19, 2020
It's too premature to say it is an improvement or otherwise. An improvement from what to what?

Philosopher1979:

At least it is an improvement. Better than not even being on the bench.
Secondly let us wait till january at least he would have played a lot of games to judge him.
But at least he is better than 6 months ago

Thirdly the spanish second division is underrated and a good league with good players. A borusia dortmund teenager is in huesca. I dont agree that the 2nd division of england is so much better.
You beleive too much in english football.
Villareal was once in the second division.
Sometimes you are too extreme
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 3:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
Joebie:
It's too premature to say it is an improvement or otherwise. An improvement from what to what?

An improvement from a journey to obscurity to that of resurgence.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:12pm On Jun 19, 2020
Well you can say that. His latest spell with Porto B is my own reference point. Hopefully he improves from that.

junnyjake:

An improvement from a journey to obscurity to that of resurgence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 3:23pm On Jun 19, 2020
Rohr throws Eagles camp open to NPFL players
By Alex Monye
19 June 2020 | 4:15 am

If you are a home-based player and you believe you have the qualities needed to play for Nigeria, you now have the chance to convince the coaches with your skills. This is because Super Eagles’ Chief Coach, Gernot Rohr, has challenged players in the Nigerian Professional Football League (NPFL) to be ready for the assessment, which will begin as soon as club football returns in the country.

Home-based Nigerian players have been clamouring for inclusion in the senior national team, which in recent times has been the exclusive preserve of players playing outside the country. The change began with the Nigeria Football Federation’s (NFF) insistence that Rohr must go round the local venues to scout for qualified players for his team before he got a new deal.

Yesterday in Lagos, Rohr, who spoke through Super Eagles Media Officer, Toyin Ibitoye, challenged the NPFL players to up their game and prove they are as good as their overseas-based counterparts, saying he would move round the venues to pick the very best among them.

Ibitoye said the NFF and other stakeholders have made arrangements for adequate security for the German and his crew when they start touring match venues on scouting mission.

He added that although Rohr had in the past watched some games in the country, the new mission would ensure that he sees as many players as possible across the country.

“The players should get ready because Rohr will be at the NPFL league venues to assess them. There are no security fears as everything would be put in place to ensure he does his job in secured environments.”

On the clamour in some quarters for Odion Ighalo’s return to the Super Eagles, Ibitoye said the issue would be evaluated at the right time, adding that the coaches would do the best in the interest of Nigeria.

--TheGuardian

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:39pm On Jun 19, 2020
Odunayaw:

I don’t believe any player born in naija age maybe apart from 2 super eagles player born in naija ,but I won’t go there

Fifa believe say Onazi na 27 then who am I ?

Or you want to make it look like Onazi is the only one Lying about his age ?

As far as you are playing well then we don’t need to care about your age

If Onazi is playing well for a top league then he can still play for the eagles

Is Etebo real age 24 years ? I hope when he clocked 27 you guys should say his eagles career should be over

Make I end here before waec and jamb people attack me for the age Matter grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
Joebie:
I'm beginning to think the reason why some Nigerians are retiring their players prematurely in their head is because they think those players are using football ages.

They all know but they won’t boldly say it because they have always argued with Andrew that the player isn’t lying

I am waiting for some players to clock 28/29 let’s see what they will say .

Respect to Odion Ighalo ,still playing at the top at 31
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
I really wonder why talking about a lad that holds huge potentials and just made his debut for his new side hurts you so bad. grin

I even stated clearly that the lad has a long way to go yet you cry foul for speaking of his debut.
When Osimhen scored bis first professional goal, I spoke about it and praised it to high heavens and here we are today. When Nacho made his debut for Man City, I also spoke about it and where were you all the while if not trying to bring Nacho down by saying he is playing in a top side bla bla bla... That he should move to a lesser side to show his real quality.

You keep shifting the goal posts when it comes to our home grown players. Nwakali makes his debut for Huesca and you cry foul. You say it is not Real Madrid or Barca. Iheanacho made his debut and was doing well for Man City and all you said then was that he was finding it easy b'cos he is playing in a side full of top players and doesn't show his real quality. That his real quality will show when he features for a lesser side. Mister... Stick to one side abeg.

Additionally, do you know even the Super Eagles Media Officer praised his long awaited debut? People are excited for the young man's return to football and you are here talking Emotive bias and preference. You really need help to cure that hate of yours for our Home grown lads. Lol.

komekn:

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:07pm On Jun 19, 2020
lol
andrewbaba44:

They all know but they won’t boldly say it because they have always argued with Andrew that the player isn’t lying

I am waiting for some players to clock 28/29 let’s see what they will say .

Respect to Odion Ighalo ,still playing at the top at 31
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 4:12pm On Jun 19, 2020
Joebie:
lol

Mikel obi also did well at 30s and not to forget brown ideye , no reason say na greece e Dey ,that guy still sharp ,Martins also tried
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:13pm On Jun 19, 2020
geonyte:
be sincere to urself,can onazi break into the national team?, with these crop of players we have.
If he improves, nothing bad in using him as back up to Ndidi unless we get better player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 19, 2020
Meet Another Nigeria Eligible Star In Villareal
ChygozzzJun 19, 2020 10:24 AM

Opera News Nigeria Sport

Only for Opera News fans.

Follow

Another Nigerian born National team budding prospect will be announced soon in the world football, he is tipped to be the second Nigerian to flourish with the Submariners after Wing wizard Samuel Chukwueze made name with the Spanish outfit.

Vastly experienced Jackson Ipalibo who is currently on loan to Norwegian giants Strømsgodset Toppfotbal from Villarreal is a highly rated sensational Midfielder being tipped to return back to his parent club in no distant time following his exploits in the Norwegian league.

Through this tactical analysis, we will try to review what the Nigerian player has provided tactically to his team (Strømsgodset Toppfotbal) this season, which has earned him so much respect in his team and the league in general.

DEFENSIVE CONTRIBUTION

Jackson Ipalibo showcased his great defensive abilities with Strømsgodset Toppfotbal in the short period he has plied his trade with the Norway based team whenever he was given the chance to be a part of the squad at many times, under coach Henrik Perdeson.

Ipalibo is one of the players who make the most recoveries, snatching the ball from the opposition which most of his high pressing tackles and recoveries happens in the final and middle thirds of the pitch, which serves the ideas of his team game plan of using high-blocks in its defensive phase.

The youngster abundance of energy avails him an automatic place in the Strømsgodset Toppfotbal team wherein he puts it to work to gain a great percentage which compliments his defensive capabilities, but he also has a distinct attacking role in the event of Strømsgodset Toppfotbal possession of the ball.

OFFENSIVE CONTRIBUTION

The energetic Midfielder who is always given a free role in his teams trademark 4-3-3 formation further illuminates the importance of Ipalibo in every team and this has brought him much accolades from the city fans and his coaches for his enamours Contribution to the team.

In his normal central midfield role, Ipalibo has a great degree of license to roam the pitch. When he drops back, he has the ability to move the ball quickly while under pressure, and is acutely aware of the position of his teammates and the opposition.

When he receives the ball in space, Ipalibo can switch the line of attack, feed the ball into space for attackers to run onto, or drive with the ball at his feet to either get close enough to shoot or play intricate through balls closer to the opposition box.

In the final third, Ipalibo will either drift wide to cross or find pockets of space in between the lines through intelligent off-ball movement, disrupting the opposition defensive structure and creating shooting opportunities or space for other players to run into.

Ultimately, Ipalibo has thrived as Strømsgodset Toppfotbal primary creative fulcrum, and has shown consistent attacking quality through various stages of the team play.

Pen the Name and await his Manifestation in Due time both in the National team level and in Villareal.

From Opera News Hub
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:20pm On Jun 19, 2020
You are taking your so called emotive bias to the extreme by referring to the Bundesliga as less competitive. What do you then say about a league that sees a team holding a 25 points lead over the closest challenger for the title?

The Bundesliga is even more technically proficient than the EPL. The EPL only got the extra physicality.

Yet Aubameyang was a proven goals scorer in the Bundesliga and even topped the charts ahead of Lewy one time. He came to England and have also topped the goals chart and have been in consistent goal scoring form for Arsenal ever since.

Leroy Sane came from the Bundesliga and delivered a masterpiece in terms of goals and assists for Man City.

Heung Min Son came from the Bundesliga and have been doing it for Spurs ever since.

Kevin De Bruyne came from the Bundesliga and have become the best midfielder in England since then.

So have some respect for the Bundesliga and never refer to it as less competitive again.

komekn:

The Bundesliga is not the EPL they are not the same quality, intensity, physicality and or same level of competitivness.

Batshuayi who struggles for games at Chelsea goes to Bundesliga on loan with Borussia Dortmund scores 7 goals in 10 games.

That's an indicator let's see how Tim will adapt to the EPL or not as the case maybe. Because for now he is proven only in the less competitive Bundesliga. A league where one team had dominated for the past 10 years.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:20pm On Jun 19, 2020
Onazi is a welcome addition imo

It's not like we have DMs all over the place that we can choose from to support Ndidi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 4:21pm On Jun 19, 2020
Edopesin:
Onazi is a welcome addition imo

It's not like we have DMs all over the place that we can choose from to support Ndidi
mk em go rest abeg
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:26pm On Jun 19, 2020
Granada vs Villarreal

Ramon Azeez vs Chukwueze

6:30pm

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
But why Azeez like to dey open mouth dey play ball grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
Hopefully it can only go upwards for the lad from here. I understand he is giving Komekn seizures already with his return. grin grin

ChrisKels:

A cameo but a huge outing, I loved how he carried the balls, how he played without fear and the way he body-checked opponents when need be. He is coming back stronger, hopefully, Huesca will make it back to the Laliga Santander

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 4:29pm On Jun 19, 2020
charlesemeka85:
mk em go rest abeg
After Billing went to the bush, we need other available options

(1) (2) (3) ... (8735) (8736) (8737) (8738) (8739) (8740) (8741) ... (16231) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Sugarboyy(m), gatecrash123, forgiveness, Meliforme, freesinzu(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.