Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,437 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8907) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11692968 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8904) (8905) (8906) (8907) (8908) (8909) (8910) ... (16156) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 08, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Well if saka chooses naija then it’s a good one

But as I have said earlier he won’t choose naija and watch them turn their hate towards him just as they are doing to Tammy

Take a look at them downplaying someone with 13 epl goals before he made it 14 yesterday

Did he told you he won't play for Nigeria?? he is still 18 for cry out loud
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:27am On Jul 08, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Are you not among those people hating tammy ?

Na here we Dey

Am a Chelsea fan there is no way I'll hate Tammy and tomori they are still my hommies
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:40am On Jul 08, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Well if saka chooses naija then it’s a good one

But as I have said earlier he won’t choose naija and watch them turn their hate towards him just as they are doing to Tammy

Take a look at them downplaying someone with 13 epl goals before he made it 14 yesterday

No mind them jare

They're calling someone with 14 goals playing for Chelsea in the EPL nonetheless mediocre!! Can you imagine?? Yet Chuks with lesser numbers is their world class darling that is bigger than Villarreal... Funny people

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:42am On Jul 08, 2020
sheyishemba:

Actually it not about mentorship of okocha it because of his patriotism he wanted to play for naija and he did let's not forget a full grown Nigeria that still snub Nigeria for Togo it not about mentorship it about where the heart lies thats it

Okay

As I said, I'll be watching out for your opinions when Saka chooses England
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 08, 2020
Blueelf:

Okay

As I said, I'll be watching out for your opinions when Saka chooses England

I've said it earlier if he goes England way then I'll wish the best in his career he won't be the first and the last that will snub many did some didnt like I've said it all about choices
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 08, 2020
Blueelf:

No mind them jare

They're calling someone with 14 goals playing for Chelsea in the EPL nonetheless mediocre!! Can you imagine?? Yet Chuks with lesser numbers is their world class darling that is bigger than Villarreal... Funny people

OMG chuks is WF in all fairness you should have comapared him to osihmen chuks and Tammy plays different position don't be nut

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:47am On Jul 08, 2020
sheyishemba:

Am a Chelsea fan there is no way I'll hate Tammy and tomori they are still my hommies

Okay bro

Good one

As much as I was praying crystal palace beat Chelsea yesterday but if you see the way I happy for Tammy goal ehnn you go wonder which kind person I be grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:48am On Jul 08, 2020
sheyishemba:

Na here we Dey baba

I like una hope sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:49am On Jul 08, 2020
sheyishemba:

OMG chuks is WF in all fairness you should have comapared him to osihmen chuks and Tammy plays different position don't be nut

Please, don't go down that lane with me this morning. I don't think you'd like it

Besides, I didn't quite you did I?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:51am On Jul 08, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Na here we Dey baba

I like una hope sha

Thanks bro

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:52am On Jul 08, 2020
Blueelf:

Please, don't go down that lane with me this morning. I don't think you'd like it

Besides, I didn't quite you did I?

It actually very annoying when you compare the duo together they play different position
I tender my unreserved apology for that

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Blueelf: 10:54am On Jul 08, 2020
sheyishemba:

It actually very annoying when you compare the duo together they play different position
I tender my unreserved apology for that

Its also annoying when people downplay Tammy's exploits at such a young age playing as a 9 for a team like Chelsea but you don't see me throwing insults at them....because its called an opinion

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:58am On Jul 08, 2020
Blueelf:

Its also annoying when people downplay Tammy's exploits at such a young age playing as a 9 for a team like Chelsea but you don't see me throwing insults at them....because its called an opinion

Speaking as a Chelsea fan it not only on this forum Tammy was downplayed you can try to check twitter many Chelsea fan on twitter insulted Tammy are they from this thread hell no!!! It was based on his poor run and that also reflected on this forum not as hatred but for his poor form
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Fabuloski(m): 11:02am On Jul 08, 2020
sheyishemba:

I agree saka is quality but please where will he play?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 08, 2020
Fabuloski:

I agree saka is quality but please where will he play?

Saka is damn versalite he is a LB LWF RWF CMF it depends on the coach ain't the coach

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:55am On Jul 08, 2020
sheyishemba:

Actually it not about mentorship of okocha it because of his patriotism he wanted to play for naija and he did let's not forget a full grown Nigeria that still snub Nigeria for Togo it not about mentorship it about where the heart lies thats it

He was not a prospect for England he had not played one senior first team game for Arsenal in the EPL before he was given a call to the SE.

Sone Aluko who was established proven and tested was ignored in successive games and he had almost no competition in the SE in recent times.

The influence of JJAY his uncle cannot be ignored as well.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:02pm On Jul 08, 2020
sheyishemba:

Speaking as a Chelsea fan it not only on this forum Tammy was downplayed you can try to check twitter many Chelsea fan on twitter insulted Tammy are they from this thread hell no!!! It was based on his poor run and that also reflected on this forum not as hatred but for his poor form

If that's a poor run of form with 14 goals in the EPL and l don't know how many assists.

What would constitute IN - FORM according to you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 12:27pm On Jul 08, 2020
komekn:

If that's a poor run of form with 14 goals in the EPL and l don't know how many assists.

So what will you call his form?

He hasn't scored since January, scored 13 in just 4 months before the drought.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 1:01pm On Jul 08, 2020
Joebie:
I don't get the point trying to prove that there were always slaves before blacks.

Someone, a few pages back insinuated that the Europeans were never enslaved, I, then waded in to give an expository on why he and many more people out there limit slavery to a White Vs Black thing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 1:04pm On Jul 08, 2020
Edopesin:

Are we talking about immigrants or actual US citizens? Or do you still classify Black Americans as immigrants?

I'm not classifying Black Americans as immigrants, I thought the distinction was clear in the post you quoted.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 1:12pm On Jul 08, 2020
komekn:

Then why are we not seeing them in the top teams of Europe.

I have probably been to every EPL academy at one time or the other as well as to many Championship and lower team football academies.

I have been to quite a few "academy" in Lagos, Benin, PH and quite a few other places. To b e honest there is HUGE GAP in the quality of training and facilities.

European teams can not cap all the Nigerian origin players. With regards to English football there is no EPL academy thar doesn't have Nigerian origin players in it.

There are many more Saka's you just haven't seen them yet.

David okereke club brugge
Victor osimhen lille
Jordan kadiri attah in fact man city is interested in him
Alhassan yusuf this boy may be world class in a few years
Samuel chukwueze villareal
And MANY OTHERS
Are competent young players from nigerian football academies. They are at least average or above average and in a few years time might be in big teams and be world class in future. Most of them are under 25. Righy niw they are in average teams and are doing well. If nigerian football academues can produce decent playets like these then they are not as horrible as you say.
Efforts to develop our grassroot football are yielding positive dividends and should be appreciated. I am not against foreing born players i am just pointing out a fact to you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2020
smiley

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 1:31pm On Jul 08, 2020
Apparently,Napoli are hoping to recoup their transfer fee on Osimhen by selling Koulibaly...

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 1:32pm On Jul 08, 2020
rabzy:

Systemic racism can be entrenched and enshrined by politics. After the emancipation of slaves in US, the southern states could not stand the success of their former slaves and they used politicians to establish Jim crow laws that led to to lynchings and eroding of African American human rights..these laws were abolished through the civil rights movement and political changes and laws were forced to be made.

I wrote quite a lengthy response to this post yesterday only for it to be wiped off before I could hit send, had to log out in anger.

I get where you are coming from, and the part of my post you quoted may sound ambiguous as I had not specified the context upon which I anchor that assertion on, so, I'd try to clear that up.

We all know those responsible for passing of the Jim Crow laws, we know who fought against abolishment, we also know who authored the'94 crime bill. Isn't it ironical that thesame set of people are telling you, they're the only solution to the problem? I'm always cynical of politicians, once they offer you something, it's so that they can take more.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 1:34pm On Jul 08, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Okay bro

Good one

As much as I was praying crystal palace beat Chelsea yesterday but if you see the way I happy for Tammy goal ehnn you go wonder which kind person I be grin

bad Belle

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Clint02(m): 1:42pm On Jul 08, 2020
They should get done with the transfer already, I'm tired of all these rumours o!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:42pm On Jul 08, 2020
Naija Players expected/likely to be in action today across Europe - July 8

La Liga

Peter Oghenekaro Etebo (Getafe) vs Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal) - Home game for Etebo.

Serie A

Ola Aina (Torino) vs Brescia - Home game.

Portuguese Primeira Liga

Obiora Nwankwo (Boavista) vs Maritimo - Home game.

Russia Premier League

Bryan Idowu (Locomotiv Moscow) vs Spartak Moscow - Away game.

Spanish Segunda

Mujaid Sadick Aliu and Uche Henry Agbo (Deportivo La Coruna) vs Malaga - Away game.

Kelechi Nwakali (Huesca) vs Alcorcon - Home game.

English Championship

Semi Ajayi (West Brom) vs Derby County - Home game.

Leon Balogun (Wigan) vs QPR - Home game.

Ebere Eze, Bright Osayi Samuel, Luke Ayodele Amos, Aramide Oteh and Olamide Shodipo (QPR) vs Wigan - Away game.

Dominic Iorfa Jnr, Moses Odubajo, Osaze Urghoghide (Sheffield Wednesday) vs Preston North End - Home game.

Turkish Super Lig

Anthony Nwakaeme (Trabzonspor) vs Paul Omo Mukairu (Antalyaspor) - Home game for Nwakaeme.

Jesse Sekidika (Galatasaray) vs Alanyaspor - Away game.

Swiss Super League

Blessing Eleke (FC Luzern) vs Servette - Away game.

Danish Super Liga

Tosin Kehinde (Randers FC) vs Esbjerg - Home game.

Austrian Bundesliga

Bright Edomwonyi (Austria Wien) vs Altach - Home game.

Slovakian Cup Final

Rabiu Ibrahim (Slovan Bratislava) vs MFK Ruzomberok
**Ezekiel Henty (Slovan) likely to miss out.

Latvian Virsliga

Joshua Akpudje, David Akintola Idowu, Chinonso Nnamdi Offor (BFC Daugavpils) vs Rigas FS - Home game.

Richard Emeka Friday and Dele Ola Israel (FK Liepaja) vs Valmierra FK - Home game.

Tolu Arokodare and Olamide Badmus (Valmierra FK) vs FK Liepaja - Away game.

Note: In the Czech Liga (in Czech Republic), Peter Olayinka's Slavia Prague will be in action in the Prague derby vs Sparta Prague but Olayinka is likely to still go missing from the match day squad.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:48pm On Jul 08, 2020
Yes. And Koulibaly in the EPL will make things very interesting. A potential real challenger to VVD's crown of best EPL CB. wink
I really hope the move pulls through to either of the Manchester Clubs since Liverpool is not considering that move and I also don't think Chelsea may get on that train. Time will tell.

Danielnino00:
Apparently,Napoli are hoping to recoup their transfer fee on Osimhen by selling Koulibaly...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Melvinity: 2:02pm On Jul 08, 2020
Edopesin:
In marking the uniqueness of today's date (07/07/2020), the Ligue 1 club Lille is celebrating the Nigeria international because of his shirt number
Lille have declared July 7 as International Day for celebrating Victor Osimhen because of his shirt number.

The 21-year-old had an excellent debut campaign in France with the Great Danes, thanks to his goalscoring exploits in all competitions.
Osimhen was the highest goalscorer in Christophe Galtier's squad with a return of 18 goals in the 2019-20 season which includes 13 efforts in Ligue 1.

His contributions earned him Lille’s Player of the Year award and the Marc Vivien Foe Prize for 2020 among other accolades.

In celebrating the July 7 date, Lille who finished fourth in the league table this season joined together two pictures of their talisman showing the no. 7 side by side.

We declare today's date, 07/07, International
@victorosimhen9 Day � pic .twitter .com/V0BAxciatY
— LOSC Lille EN (@LOSC_EN) July 7, 2020

Despite having four years left on his contract at Lille, Osimhen’s future at the Stade Pierre-Mauroy is in doubt with a number of European clubs showing interest in his signing.

Napoli are reportedly leading the chase for his services with an offer of €50 million and the
Nigeria forward, before making a decision, visited the Serie A club to meet their management last week.

Lille President Gerrard Lopez admitted several offers for the 2015 Caf Young Player of the Year, and he has backed him to make a move to Gennaro Gattuso’s side where he could become a superstar.
"For Victor, we had several offers. He asked me and I told him what I think was the ideal club for him,” Lopez told La Voix du Nord.

“Napoli is just below Juventus or Barcelona but is at the same level as Atletico Madrid. If he goes there, he will become their superstar.

“Having a city like Naples at your feet must be exciting for a footballer. Victor has the strength to perform under pressure." Lille celebrate International Victor Osimhen Day

~Goal

The only 07/07 I can stan
This news is becoming boring... Let him choose Napoli and let us rest biko.. EPL is a NO! NO!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 08, 2020
komekn:

Actually I didnt mean throughout don't misquote I meant for the past three games imagine a striker have 55 offsides with no goals and assist thats am emphasizing on .
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:51pm On Jul 08, 2020
Edopesin:

bad Belle

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 2:59pm On Jul 08, 2020
sheyishemba:

Actually I didnt mean throughout don't misquote I meant for the past three games imagine a striker have 55 offsides with no goals and assist thats am emphasizing on .

After you go say you have no reason to hate Tammy

Just take a look at you dissing him with office

Guy make una try rest

(1) (2) (3) ... (8904) (8905) (8906) (8907) (8908) (8909) (8910) ... (16156) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jolly94, TheGoodJoe(m), elyte89, komekn(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.