Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,817 members, 7,862,710 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:33 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (8979) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11942380 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8976) (8977) (8978) (8979) (8980) (8981) (8982) ... (16354) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:42am On Jul 18, 2020
soetanoreoluwa:
Why are you all giving up on Victor transfer saga?

He needs to make a good decision for himself to avoid story that touches heart. Let him try all the possibilities.. Moreover, his image right is very important.

He is currently giving himself a bad name and reputation with all this totally unnecessary far from honourable conduct.

He is not the only good striker in the world, chasing shadows left right and center.

He is creating a situation where Napoli could just say they are tired of all this theatre.

And if he goes back to Lille he would have created tension by his conduct and that will affect his position in the club.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:42am On Jul 18, 2020
charlesemeka85:
the napoli move is the best for his young career and i foresee him doing very well with them if he eventually joins. he can move to the epl in the next 2 or 3 seasons when he has made a name for himself in the serie A

Agreed without reservation

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 11:48am On Jul 18, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

Most don't believe that somebody is willing to pay that much for the lad.

Let me make this clear, Victor has a right to change his mind and go where he feels comfortable. Nobody outside of Lille should dare make a deadline for him. They don't call the shot, he does and deservedly so. When u sign Osimhen u don't only get the [b ]best young player in the world [/b] but u also get the hardest working player on your team. At his age he is already a leader and has the respect of his teammates.

Even if he is " the best player in the world" his current behaviour will not endear him to any club or the fans.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Edopesin: 11:56am On Jul 18, 2020
komekn:

Even if he is " the best player in the world" his current behaviour will not endear him to any club or the fans.

Well I don't think his behavior is out of the ordinary, it has been very obvious from the beginning that he's enthusiastic about going to Napoli but Lille seem to be pressuring him on signing for them do they can cash out big

It's only normal that he drags this for as long as he can until a better deal in his sense bids, I just pray he doesn't regret his decision later on
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:59am On Jul 18, 2020
komekn:

Just as Haaland's long drawn trans-saga damaged his reputation and made him enemy of all, right?

Make we hear word abeg

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 12:05pm On Jul 18, 2020
Subzero047:

A racist club as well

Wow what makes you think they are rascist. I was thinking iheanacho or emmanuel dennis can go there. Is there any evidence they are rascist
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:09pm On Jul 18, 2020
Philosopher1979:

Wow what makes you think they are rascist. I was thinking iheanacho or emmanuel dennis can go there. Is there any evidence they are rascist

How many black players dem Dey get self

I Dey see Leeds as low key Atlético Bilbao
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 12:12pm On Jul 18, 2020
Philosopher1979:

Leeds and Milwall are clubs known for harboring racist ideologies maybe due to the area the club is located or the individuals associated with the club
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 12:16pm On Jul 18, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Which yeye good decision ,shebi you Dey watch ball nah ,so going to man united or spurs will be the good decision abi all in the name of epl ?

This guy should go to Napoli Abeg

Na Kane or martial e go bench abi ?

I guess he is waiting for teams like crystal palace Newcastle to make an offer

We can only speculate n agitate but he knows what is best for him. I wish him all the best. It is his career so he won't watch it go into ruin.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 12:18pm On Jul 18, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

Most don't believe that somebody is willing to pay that much for the lad.

Let me make this clear, Victor has a right to change his mind and go where he feels comfortable. Nobody outside of Lille should dare make a deadline for him. They don't call the shot, he does and deservedly so. When u sign Osimhen u don't only get the best young player in the world but u also get the hardest working player on your team. At his age he is already a leader and has the respect of his teammates.

Exactly, more reason he needs to think it well before making any move. He has been there before... And I trust his decision making...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 12:24pm On Jul 18, 2020
komekn:

He is currently giving himself a bad name and reputation with all this totally unnecessary far from honourable conduct.

He is not the only good striker in the world, chasing shadows left right and center.

He is creating a situation where Napoli could just say they are tired of all this theatre.

And if he goes back to Lille he would have created tension by his conduct and that will affect his position in the club.

No he's not giving himself a bad name... Lemme ask you are part of the contract deal to know he's giving her himself a bad? We can only speculative n rely on "news" which most times a third party submission.

Victor has come a long way to decide the best thing for himself. If doesn't like your deal he has the right to look for better alternative. If a player flop we will be the first to throw different words towards him.

Biko let him chose what is best for him...

Note : he's one of the best young striker in the world.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:29pm On Jul 18, 2020
soetanoreoluwa:

We can only speculate n agitate but he knows what is best for him. I wish him all the best. It is his career so he won't watch it go into ruin.

My opinion thou

I wish him the best anywhere he goes

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:36pm On Jul 18, 2020
komekn:

Tah. How long did Pogba's transfer take? Wasn't the sticking point money, didn't it take weeks to generate? Did Manchester United fans feels any type of way when he signed? How about Sanchez who was all but a Manchester city player until he changed his mind?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:38pm On Jul 18, 2020
L'equipe reports that Monaco coach, Roberto Moreno has been sacked.

Niko Kovac is rumored to be a replacement option.

Hmmm.... I wonder which manager/coach Henry Onyekuru would be working with at Monaco now.

Time will tell.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:42pm On Jul 18, 2020
Lol.... The Haaland transfer saga saw the lad toy with the hopes of three teams looking to sign him. Man Utd, RB Leipzig and Dortmund. Even visited all of them alongside his Dad. His dad specifically went to Man Utd for Haaland. But in the end, he chose Dortmund.... I guess fans must really hate him for that. grin

The truth is Osimhen commands as much powers as Haaland. Both are generational talents and have every right to take their time and choose what they really want. Osimhen has indeed earned his place among the young elite strikers in world football today. So let everyone deal with it!

ChrisKels:

Just as Haaland's long drawn trans-saga damaged his reputation and made him enemy of all, right?

Make we hear word abeg

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:48pm On Jul 18, 2020
Who will represent Cyprus in next season's Champs League, Uzoho's former or present club?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:55pm On Jul 18, 2020
jihday:
This one na lie sha

It's good to look before you leap. Do you really think that l will just to tell lies, to what purpose.

There are things l know from first hand involvement that become news much later, which is what most people rely on here.

But before you do you should know that Holloway was the Manager at Millwall when both Onyedinma and Eze were at Millwall. When he left to be Manager at QPR he made a clear and open offer for Onyedinma. Who was very hot property AT THAT TIME.

He felt betrayed by Neil the new Manager at Millwall who is a quintessential English kick and rush, blood and guts manager. It was so bad Onyedinma very unprecedented, refused to ever play for Millwall.

He went lower stopped to conquer and has effectively brought Wycombe Wanderers to the Championship from league one. He was also Injured since October 4 months out.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:55pm On Jul 18, 2020
Kinda unclear for now. Don't know what the Cypriot FA officially decided. But as things stand, Omonia Nicosia (Uzoho's former side while on loan) are in top spot. That is the UCL playoff spot.
His new side, APOEL and then, Anorthosis are in the Europa league spots in 3rd and 2nd respectively.

So if the FA in Cyprus uses the table as it is... Then it means Uzoho will feature in the Europa, straight into the group stages. While his former side, Omonia head into the Champions league playoffs.

Funny, b'cos he helped Omonia to that top spot before his injury. Lol

ChrisKels:
Who will represent Cyprus in next season's Champs League, Uzoho's former or present club?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:56pm On Jul 18, 2020
ChrisKels:

Omonia Nicosia
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:57pm On Jul 18, 2020
Leon Balogun currently in action for Wigan.

His side is away at Charlton and playing 1-1 after 24mins.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:58pm On Jul 18, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I will never talk about league one here ,dat one komekn hand work and some few foreign born asslickers

The only reason I do check about the championship is because of semi ajayi ,the guy is a starter in the super eagles and I was praying so hard to see him in the epl ,I don’t give a fvck about ebere eze and co

Tell me one league one players I have talked about apart from Joe Aribo in the last year as a prospect for the SE and or Josh Maja.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:09pm On Jul 18, 2020
Stoke please do the lords work ,but I still have the feelings that Brentford won’t loose this game

Fingers crossed

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by peterd53(m): 1:09pm On Jul 18, 2020
Stoke scores against the run of play
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:10pm On Jul 18, 2020
komekn:

Tell me one league one players I have talked about apart from Joe Aribo in the last year as a prospect for the SE and or Josh Maja.

Lol

Oya no vex ,e be like I get you wrong
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:10pm On Jul 18, 2020
BascoVanVeli:

Tah. How long did Pogba's transfer take? Wasn't the sticking point money, didn't it take weeks to generate? Did Manchester United fans feels any type of way when he signed? How about Sanchez who was all but a Manchester city player until he changed his mind?

You are clutching at straws to defend the indefensible.

Pogba was wanted by Manchester United to return and the delay was not in indecision and or posturing about him going to other clubs. It was simply the contract negotiations nothing else and it wasn't that long but most importantly with the one club in the discussion not multiple clubs.

Sanchez no delay just once again contract negotiations with Manchester United alone no other clubs .

I would not call these situations protracted and long and or in anyway similar.

You are trying to find a comparative situation to justify your narrative, sorry it fails woefully.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheLoneCitizen(m): 1:12pm On Jul 18, 2020
QPR have accepted an offer of around £4.7M from Club Brugge for Bright Osayi-Samuel.

Osayi-Samuel has been told he is not included in the squad for today's game against Millwall.

The club recently took up an option to extend his contract, which was due to expire this summer, by a year.

Osayi-Samuel has been one of the revelations of the Championship and is regarded as on of the best dribblers in the league.

Club Brugge have bid for the player in expectation of departures of Emmanuel Dennis and Diatta.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:16pm On Jul 18, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Lol

Oya no vex ,e be like I get you wrong

Watching Brentford play Stoke and the game us very poor it's not pleasing to the eyes AT ALL.

Stoke are playing police game, kick and rush using endeavour physicality to push thier way forward to do more than 3 passes a problem.

They are trying to force Brentford to play thier type of game and not their usual passing on the deck game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:20pm On Jul 18, 2020
komekn:

Watching Brentford play Stoke and the game us very poor it's not pleasing to the eyes AT ALL.

Stoke are playing police game, kick and rush using endeavour physicality to push thier way forward to do more than 3 passes a problem.

They are trying to force Brentford to play thier type of game and not their usual passing on the deck game.

Watching the game also

Stoke never still change when their ugly style of play

They are currently leading 1 nill but I don’t see them winning this game even if I want them to win because of west brom

Wuru football ,no Landing ,na so dem Dey baloon ball go sky anyhow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 1:21pm On Jul 18, 2020
Please please please please please

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:27pm On Jul 18, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Watching the game also

Stoke never still change when their ugly style of play

They are currently leading 1 nill but I don’t see them winning this game even if I want them to win because of west brom

You can see that a player like Etebo will automatically become surplus to requirements in this team under this type of Manager.

This team will head and fight thier way to win games. Look at the Stoke team they all look like egbe wagers and boxers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2020
komekn:

You can see that a player like Etebo will automatically become surplus to requirements in this team under this type of Manager.

This team will head and fight thier way to win games. Look at the Stoke team they all look like egbe wagers and boxers.

Etebo self be like wuru wuru player ,jam body foot ball so why won’t he fit in at stoke ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:59pm On Jul 18, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Etebo self be like wuru wuru player ,jam body foot ball so why won’t he fit in at stoke ?

You see any short man for Stoke ❓

The ball is mostly in the air and they don't have much pace. I also think with the new manager Etebo tire for the kick and rush football. The quality of football is this particular game is rubbish.

I deh go Tesco go buy palmee, I don tire too look, Eee de pain my � eye.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8976) (8977) (8978) (8979) (8980) (8981) (8982) ... (16354) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Marjoribanks, CornOak(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.