Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11699771 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9220) (9221) (9222) (9223) (9224) (9225) (9226) ... (16159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:11pm On Aug 12, 2020
komekn:

KC has played total of 117 games in the EPL and has scored 21 goals. So how did you arrive at that proposition.

but but forgiveness says we should look at gametime not number of matches grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:13pm On Aug 12, 2020
komekn:

Football is a short term career and deductions are always on the HERE and NOW and with context AT THAT TIME.

When Osimhen was at Wolfsburg he was very poor he played a few games and after that was relegated back to the youth team to learn.

My suspicion is that player coming from Nigeria academies in general not all but many will be lacking in a number of areas including technical ability and understanding. They are very raw so to speak.

On arrival at s good football academies there wellbeing many gaps in their football education.

Tyrone Mings England defender was released by Southampton as a 16 year old teenager he was considered too small. A year later he had grown 6 inches. Did Southampton make a wrong decision in the context of AT THAT TIME it was the right decision.

Forgiveness deduction was absolutely correct taken in the context of AT THAT TIME.

So it was in the context of "At that time that you said Osimhen will end up like Christantus Macaulay abi?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:13pm On Aug 12, 2020
Edopesin:

For a team that won all domestic titles, it is not a convincing win

Winning na winning

Should I remind you that this Atlanta came 2nd in seria A last season and 3rd this season that just ended ?

A team is through to the semi and here you are saying this is not a convincing winning
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:13pm On Aug 12, 2020
chrisooblog:
but but forgiveness says we should look at gametime not number of matches grin

The two of them are confused grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:15pm On Aug 12, 2020
chrisooblog:

Mr I'm a changed person in Christ has finally Cracked and is relying on abuse and insults na so the L pain you reach? grin

Tammy scored 18 goals in total osimhen scored 18 as well playing less games with more assists. did kayode score more goals in total than victor? ode

Mr shameless liar you still have not shown me where I was dying untop iheanacho and nwakali matter?

Did Kayode score 10 goals or 7 goals? Alakori! grin

According to your logic, Osimhen played more matches tgan Kayode, so Kayode is better. Bhuhahahaha! grin

You die untop that Iheancho, Nwakali etc matter nobi small. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:16pm On Aug 12, 2020
Danielnino00:

The two of them are confused grin

Is komken forgiveness? Why is it that you can't understand? Use your brain.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:19pm On Aug 12, 2020
forgiveness:

What sentiment? You and your cohorts are the ones beclouded by sentiment because you are devoid of cognitive reasoning.

Is it not the same performance Osimhen exhibited last season that earned him a lucrative move to Napoli, also earned these likes to a move to good clubs?

Kayode Olarenwaju was the highest goalscorer and BEST player in the Austrian League and it earned him a [b]lucrative move to MAN CITY but due to sabotage by the ever envious and corrupt people in the National team that denied him opportunity to play for his father's land, hope to get work permit was cut short. [/b]The guy moved on and still joined Sharktar Doneskt who are currently in the semi finals of Europa League though he is not part of this team because he was loaned to a Turkish club. Yet the boy scored 10 goals and gave 7 assists for a team that just got promoted to the Turkish league.

Yet you and your cohorts favours a player finding it hard to play in the Bundesliga ahead of Kayode. And you have the guts to tag me sentimental, huh?

What about Solanke that was the best player in the U20 world cup and went ahead to play for Liverpool as at the time Osimhen struggled for game time in the Bundesliga? So, you expected me to choose Osimhen ahead of Solanke, ba?

Don't forget the same Solanke was bought with $24m, the same way Osimhen was bought with $$$$.

Where is Lookman? Is that question due to your ignorance or conspicuously made to mock? I believe it's out of ignorance else you wouldn't be asking for a player Leipzig coughed out $27m for his service the same way Napoli coughed out $$$$ยข to get Osimhen.

Are we not happy Osimhen was bought by such club today and rate him above some players? What should we have done when Solanke and Lookman were bought for such prices? We should cry?

I can see the reason behind your sentiments. It's not far from the normal way...Na my people better pass.

Perhaps you have some kind of bitterness for these players because of their place of origin but your problem be dat. You have to deal with it.

For your information, there was no time I rubbished Osimhen, Chuks and Iheancho. Maybe you took facts as rubbing but it's not my fault you can't distinguish between the two. Sorry

Still as delusional as ever, no changes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 10:22pm On Aug 12, 2020
forgiveness:

Did you add "for that period" at the beginning of the discussion?

I don't understand you.

My response was lucid enough.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:24pm On Aug 12, 2020
jihday:
Still as delusional as ever, no changes.

To those who refuses to seee facts on ground. That's all
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:24pm On Aug 12, 2020
barackodam:
No Nigerian?...

Could there have been?

If not, who should have made it(not necessarily Nigerian), and who is not supposed to be there
Yobo ahead of Radebe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:25pm On Aug 12, 2020
elunico:
According to Komekn, we'd truly know what Nacho was made of when he eventually leaves Man City where he's surrounded by better players for a lesser team. Agreed! We are all a witness to what has been happening.

What we also witness was Tammy's nightmarish time at Swansea, when the boy scored his first goals for the club, Komekn was all over the place telling us how Tammy was the best young striker in the world then.

The story changed when he saw that the lad upon whom he has been pouring much encomium on was nothing special, he hopped on to the narrative that said Swansea was a team in crisis, changing managers every now and then, hence, it affected Tammy's form.
[b]
Tammy effectively drove Swansea into relegation
, it was a good thing they severed all ties with him if not so, he'd have further pushed them down to the league 1.

So, I put it to you Komekn, we'd truly know Tammy's quality when he moves to a team of lower quality.
[/b]

Can you kindly evidence your claim with my posts.

Nearly all the goals that Swansea scored Tega had an involvement. In that team that performed so badly was Crystal Palace highest goal scorer Jordan and Lille best Midfielder Reneto Sanchez.

In addition Tega was not played as an out an out striker.

I have always said that Tega was an outstanding striker and although he did not score too many goals at Swansea he did very well considering the circumstances.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:25pm On Aug 12, 2020
komekn:

Football is a short term career and deductions are always on the HERE and NOW and with context AT THAT TIME.

When Osimhen was at Wolfsburg he was very poor he played a few games and after that was relegated back to the youth team to learn.

My suspicion is that player coming from Nigeria academies in general not all but many will be lacking in a number of areas including technical ability and understanding. They are very raw so to speak.

On arrival at s good football academies there wellbeing many gaps in their football education.

Tyrone Mings England defender was released by Southampton as a 16 year old teenager he was considered too small. A year later he had grown 6 inches. Did Southampton make a wrong decision in the context of AT THAT TIME it was the right decision.

Forgiveness deduction was absolutely correct taken in the context of AT THAT TIME.
forgiveness' deductions at that time were premature.

Dominic hadn't done anything of note to classify whether he was better than anybody else or not. He as well was an up and coming player.

Victor at the time hadn't played an awful lot of games plus he had suffered many injuries and was recovering. When forgiveness made that statement about Dominic been better what had he done at the time in Liverpool?

Why I am on his case is because if Dominic had become exceptional he would have brought up those old posts as proof Solanke was good.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:28pm On Aug 12, 2020
chrisooblog:
Sadiq umar plays in a far lesser league whereas the french ligue 1 though slightly below the EPL is still up there. French teams have in recent past beaten and knocked out EPL teams in the UCL so the comparison between abraham and osimhen's form is valid

Not slightly but three places below.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:35pm On Aug 12, 2020
12large1:
Aribi vs Etebo who should get that 2nd central or box to box midfield position? Personally, I will pick Aribo but etebo workrate shouldn't be underestimated

In the HERE and NOW and currently speaking it's no contest Tega Onomah EOD.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 10:36pm On Aug 12, 2020
forgiveness:

Did Kayode score 10 goals or 7 goals? Alakori! grin

According to your logic, Osimhen played more matches tgan Kayode, so Kayode is better. Bhuhahahaha! grin

You die untop that Iheancho, Nwakali etc matter nobi small. grin
why no insults again are you tired grin

Somebody scored 10 goals somebody scored 18 goals but 10 is greater than 18 lol

Mr shameless delusional Liar I'm still waiting for your proof that I am dying un top iheanacho and nwakali matter grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:36pm On Aug 12, 2020
Edopesin:

Who were the better side before the match?
its doesn't matter
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:38pm On Aug 12, 2020
forgiveness:

Is komken forgiveness? Why is it that you can't understand? Use your brain.

The two of you are confused..
Why is that hard for you to understand? Use your brain...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 10:39pm On Aug 12, 2020
komekn:

Tammy offer almost the same clinical finishing of KC maybe even better as he shoots with both feet unlike KC and has an eye for goals, a real poacher but with Shakara, he can dribble. He then offers an aerial threat also he is deceptively fast with his long legs. He is quite resilient and strong but not as strong as Ighalo. However, I suspect world cup referees may not take too kindly to too much physical play. In this regard he may not need that level of strength. As he will draw fouls using intelligent play.

Tammy is in a somewhat struggling team who will not create many chances for him. So his goal tally in Swansea team will not be too.

Who is best open to debate. I still think Ighalo is best all rounder who creates a lot of chances and will bully most defences in the World cup.

The bolded.

Already making excuses for your beloved.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:40pm On Aug 12, 2020
We did a great job in securing Joe Aribo, look at this pass

https://twitter.com/RangersGoaIs/status/1293633748936863744?s=19

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:40pm On Aug 12, 2020
komekn:

haha haha
Emotive prejudice lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:42pm On Aug 12, 2020
Danielnino00:

So it was in the context of "At that time that you said Osimhen will end up like Christantus Macaulay abi?

You should go back and read my comments in CONTEXT first of all and in response to a claim made.

Otherwise if you cant then you are very small minded and seek relevance from an anonymous forum.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:45pm On Aug 12, 2020
komekn:

You should go back and read my comments in CONTEXT first of all and in response to a claim made.

Otherwise if you cant then you are very small minded and seek relevance from an anonymous forum.

Cut the bullshit already..
Admit that you aren't man enough to owe up to your mistakes!

E Dy sweet u to type am back then..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:45pm On Aug 12, 2020
komekn:

So HERE and NOW Eric Choupo Moting is a better player than Neymar grin

You were given brain to think within a context
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 10:45pm On Aug 12, 2020
komekn:

He scored 5 goals in a relegation bound team while playing a different sort of role for Swansea then check the number of assists and goal scoring chances he created you will be pleasantly suprised.

5 goals in a season is abysmal but he is not unproven just not proven to be outstanding yet LOL

Excuses valid when your beloved is in the spotlight, innit?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:46pm On Aug 12, 2020
Danielnino00:

Cut the bullshit already..
Admit that you aren't man enough to owe up to your mistakes!

E Dy sweet u to type am back then..

Komekn's HERE and NOW can be today, it can be 3 weeks or 3 months

It's just whatever he wants to twist it to win an argument

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 10:47pm On Aug 12, 2020
Without Neymar and mbappe psg might look like a rich man Everton
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:49pm On Aug 12, 2020
Subzero047:

Komekn's here and now can be today, it can be 3 weeks or 3 months

Abi o.

He never mentioned "here and now" back then when he was predicting the future..

Who does he think he is fooling?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:49pm On Aug 12, 2020
chrisooblog:
forgiveness' deductions at that time were premature.

Dominic hadn't done anything of note to classify whether he was better than anybody else or not. He as well was an up and coming player.

Victor at the time hadn't played an awful lot of games plus he had suffered many injuries and was recovering. When forgiveness made that statement about Dominic been better what had he done at the time in Liverpool?

Why I am on his case is because if Dominic had become exceptional he would have brought up those old posts as proof Solanke was good.

Dominic had won an outstanding accolade as an U20 player. It's not conclusive but highly indicative of quality and potential.

Osimhen had short Injury he was not injured all the time he was at Wolfsburg. But he was simply not good enough AT THAT TIME. He was naive and technically poor with a lot to learn.

So at that time Dominic was better than him, it's very simplistic it's not contentious. In the HERE and NOW Victor is now better than him. There is nothing new it's a very common occurence.

There should be no argument

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:49pm On Aug 12, 2020
Danielnino00:

Abi o.

He never mentioned "here and now" back then when he was predicting the future..

Who does he think he is fooling?

Haha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:51pm On Aug 12, 2020
Subzero047:

Komekn's HERE and NOW can be today, it can be 3 weeks or 3 months

If you lack the capacity to engage in a discourse that is substantive and not sentiment based assumption.

That's not my fault.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 10:53pm On Aug 12, 2020
komekn:

If you lack the capacity to engage in a discourse that is substantive and not sentiment based assumption.

That's not my fault.

Can you define your here and now, can you give it a time frame? 3 weeks, 3 months?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neobulletzz(m): 10:55pm On Aug 12, 2020
Lmao Komekn abeg Shey you fit just upload your picture, I go like see who you be abeg grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9220) (9221) (9222) (9223) (9224) (9225) (9226) ... (16159) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: caprikon, codemaniacs, Hanibal(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.