Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11658540 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9356) (9357) (9358) (9359) (9360) (9361) (9362) ... (16149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Neimar: 9:11am On Aug 28, 2020
Iwobi the dirty grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 9:14am On Aug 28, 2020
barackodam:

Same person a colleague is arguing with me that he's very much older than 25(which was my bar). His point was that, he knew him from the hood, and na "egbon" dem dey call am grin

I fended him off and insisted I believe what I saw. Someone we all saw grew up right from u17, is the one he used to call "egbon"

Na this same thread people disputed Chuks and even Kalu.

Some of us haven't come to accept the fact that things have changed and we're breeding young players.

He believes KC's age, but not Victor.

Worse part, he's a journalist

Send him to FFK
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:18am On Aug 28, 2020
Philosopher1979:
WHY A LATVIAN TEAM WILL WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

It may sound Absurd but a Latvian team may win the champions league one day.
They are sourcing talents from football Academies in Nigeria and Africa.
Africans are genetically talented for sports.
This is how France used diasporan Africans to win the world cup.
There are now many Nigerian players flocking there at an alarming rate.
These Nigerian players are good but raw. What will happen in Latvia is that they
will simply refine then and win Uefa or the Champions League with them.
Africa's inability to manage human resources is funny. Other countries see it and take advantage.
The difference between home grown Africans and diasporan Africans (who were born in Europe) is
just the training and exposure.
This is probably why Valmeria does not want to sell Tolu Arokodare. They want to fill their team with blacks, win things with them and peharps naturalize them to play for the national team.
I dont know but we Africans dont know how to harness, use or develop talent. Human resources is something we dont understand

Sorry to burst your bubble mate, but they may not even make it to the round of 16 of Europa league..
Latvian clubs are scouting talents not to develop their league,but to nurture and sell them for good profit later on..
That kind of management model can't win you titles..but it will enrich your pocket..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:21am On Aug 28, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
He showed flashes of his confidence in goal but he wasn't really tested. Game ended 1-1 and he played the entire 90mins against a fellow Eredivisie side, RKC Waalwijk.

Only four changes made. Emegha started and was very decent upfront in Jersey #11. Was replaced in the 69th min.

The game looks like a really sound prep up game for the League opener so perhaps Okoye is primed to be the #1. Time will tell. They play again next week against Ado Den Haag.

And Senegal's first choice? You mean The one keeping for Rennes? Edouard Mendy? Senegal have good goalies in Ligue 1 Naa. Even Gomis dey Dijon. But I think Mendy is going there to be Number 2 if indeed he moves to the Bridge.

Good one from Maduka,hope to see him becoming number one
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:24am On Aug 28, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Yes, both are homegrown but their routes were also a little different. Awaziem was spotted right from the U-17s. Azubuike, well, he just showed up. Lol

Osimhen, Chukwueze, Ndidi, Ejuke, Arokodare, Moffi, Awoniyi, Iheanacho, etc etc are all home grown but passed through the U-17s system laced with MRI screenings. That's the difference between home grown products of our U-17/Cadet systems and other home grown products.

And don't mind Andrew and Elyte. They have PHDs in age detection so they love to flaunt it. grin But I believe they often refer to those guys who didn't go through the MRI. But thing is they aren't always spot on in this age thing.

And yes ofcourse, an active 32 yrs guy born abroad like Balogun is not old as long as he is active. Defenders in Europe play till 35+ sef. Look at Silva heading to Chelsea at 35 and still a member of Brazil's national team.

Respect
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 9:31am On Aug 28, 2020
Kog45:
...yes you are right but fact still remains that Awaziem and his U 17 colleagues and Azubuike are homegrown.

Honestly we may have true U17 guys cos I have a friend who was part of bound Japan 93 U17 team and was in secondary school though later lost out to Celestine Babayaro in the final list.

I always frown at Andrew and elyte when it comes to our players age but a fit and active 32 years old FB player is not too old for our national team.

Keyword: fit and active

Question is,who is the player in question??

Personally, I have no problem with the age of Nigerian players..
They can be 50 and be claiming 20 for all I care...
It is their performance that matters..and how they can add something better to the national team... something our present corp of players can't..

If u want to progress, u have to move forward not backwards..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:36am On Aug 28, 2020
Talks of Osimhen likely dorning the #15 jersey today for one of Napoli's games in the three teams face off against Castel Di Sangro and L'aquila.

The rumors also say he may continue in the jersey number for the new season. Well, time will tell.

I understand Llorente is in camp and he wore #9 for the past season. But during Victor's initiation singing at the Castel, he was spotted in a training pant wear with the #7.

I believe when the season starts proper, his official number for the season will be unveiled. But truly, this is not as important as him just getting the job done even if it is in Number 1579. grin

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:44am On Aug 28, 2020
Lorenzo Insigne's Agent on Osimhen

Napoli Captain, Lorenzo Insigne's Agent, Vincenzo Pisacane:

"Osimhen? He is strong, a strong and young player," according to Lorenzo he has great prospects, he never stops.

"I've seen him play in the French league several times, we're talking about an important striker. I thought he had different offers that he wouldn't accept Napoli, but Giuntoli is a dog, when he gets one thing in his head it's hard, he managed to bring him to Naples, as a Neapolitan fan I'm very happy".

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:59am On Aug 28, 2020
Danielnino00:

Keyword: fit and active

Question is,who is the player in question??

Personally, I have no problem with the age of Nigerian players..
They can be 50 and be claiming 20 for all I care...
It is their performance that matters..and how they can add something better to the national team... something our present corp of players can't..

If u want to progress, u have to move forward not backwards..
Leon Balogun
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:17am On Aug 28, 2020
So uhmmm.... Eze is now officially a Crystal Palace player. Good luck to the lad.

Five years deal. £19.5M pounds total transfer fee (In actuality, it is £14.5M + £5M add ons).

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Christology(m): 10:21am On Aug 28, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
So uhmmm.... Eze is now officially a Crystal Palace player. Good luck to the lad.

Five years deal. £19.5M pounds transfer fee..

nice one, 9Ja still has little chance of grabbing him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Christology(m): 10:22am On Aug 28, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Five years deal. £19.5M pounds total transfer fee (In actuality, it is £14.5M + £5M add ons).

if zaha don't leave crystal palace attack would be one to look out for
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:28am On Aug 28, 2020
Naija have made her move. Now the move is his to make and for now, his mind is set on England. His podcast with Nedum Onuoha revealed that but time will surely tell.

Christology:

nice one, 9Ja still has little chance of grabbing him.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:34am On Aug 28, 2020
Subzero047:

You seem to be so sure about his age for someone who doubts virtually the ages of Nigerian born players

I am absolutely not sure about ANYBODY'S age born in Nigeria.

Why because we have no independent official corroboration of birth date data.

So we rely entirely on the assumed integrity of the individual in a country where integrity , honesty and truth are not on the main menu.

That's his official age, you can believe it or not it's still official.

I am more concerned with consistent continous top level outstanding performances age is academic.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Christology(m): 10:34am On Aug 28, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Naija have made her move. Now the move is his to make and for now, his mind is set on England. His podcast with Nedum Onuoha revealed that but time will surely tell.

I'm sure in the next 2 years england would not invite Eze.
except if he does something extraordinary, nothing will change, zaha was an example, even wan bissaka.
assuming he went to spurs his chances would be greater.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JayromWrites: 10:36am On Aug 28, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Someone that use the word "regret" and "Nigeria" in the same sentence as a young promising talent shouldn't be expected tk dorn the GWG except if he had a stop-start career at palace

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:41am On Aug 28, 2020
elunico:

He has been talked about pages ago, his pictures while on medicals were posted, but you want to see what you choose to see.

Was he given euphoric accolades or rather aspersions.

Don't be hypocritical.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:42am On Aug 28, 2020
jihday:
he doesn't want to leave England
OK.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 10:42am On Aug 28, 2020
Kog45:
Leon Balogun

If he keep playing until our next game,you can be sure he would make the list...
But his starting spot isn't sure again..

Meanwhile,he was largely inactive at club leve last season and was rightfully dropped from the team after the AFCON..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 10:45am On Aug 28, 2020
charlesemeka85:

I will prefer giving a young frank onyeka a chance than recalling onazi
Not bad bro..not bad

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:21am On Aug 28, 2020
ChrisKels:

So after all the noise, na for championship Ejaria end up, and for such an unambitious club like Reading FC, yet some guys wanna compare him with a player in the La liga?

Hmm make I no talk wetin dey my mind sha grin

and you think nwakali will strive in the english championship?

what gives you so much confidence that nwakali will get enough playing time in la liga next season?

bro abeg do not mistake huensca to be barca,sevilla,valencia,atm or madrid, nwakali joining them after flopping in the Portuguese 2nd tier shows they lack quality cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:23am On Aug 28, 2020
Rangers manager Steven Gerrard says Leon Balogun is available for selection again after missing the side’s last two league games due to injury, reports Completesports.com.

Balogun’s international teammate Joe Aribo is however not fit for the game, according to the former Liverpool star.

The duo missed the Gers last two league games against Livingston and Kilmarnock as a result of the setback.

“Jermain Defoe and Joe Aribo won’t make the Hamilton game. Both should make the next game,” Gerrard told a news conference on Friday morning.

“Leon Balogun is back available for selection. Allan McGregor has trained all week.”

The Nigeria internationals have featured in three league games for Rangers this season.

Aribo has scored once, while Balogun is yet to open his goal account.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 28, 2020
ChrisKels:

So after all the noise, na for championship Ejaria end up, and for such an unambitious club like Reading FC, yet some guys wanna compare him [/b]with a player in the La liga?[b]

Hmm make I no talk wetin dey my mind sha grin

A bench warmer for a relegation bound team in laliga

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:28am On Aug 28, 2020
the only attraction is the league which is la liga.

it will be a great achievement for the lad if you starts 10 la liga games this coming season cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
sheyishemba:

A bench warmer for a relegation bound team in laliga

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 11:28am On Aug 28, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

i am so so happy to hear this news. I was watching his highlights of last season with QPR some days ago, I hope he makes an instant mark in the premier league.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 11:29am On Aug 28, 2020
kid is super talented no doubt but in a team like palace he needs to work on his work rate to be a hit
Rockyrascal:
i am so so happy to hear this news. I was watching his highlights of last season with QPR some days ago, I hope he makes an instant mark in the premier league.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 28, 2020
charlesemeka85:
the only attraction is the league which is la liga.

it will be a great achievement for the lad if you starts 10 la liga games this coming season cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yh coming on as substitution in those LA liga games and also playing copa dey Rey with Tenerife et al grin

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 11:52am On Aug 28, 2020
Rockyrascal:
if he make instant mark in epl, he won't play for Naija.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:56am On Aug 28, 2020
charlesemeka85:

and you think nwakali will strive in the english championship?

what gives you so much confidence that nwakali will get enough playing time in la liga next season?

bro abeg do not mistake huensca to be barca,sevilla,valencia,atm or madrid, nwakali joining them after flopping in the Portuguese 2nd tier shows they lack quality cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

While others are moving up from second division teams to first divisions, the so called maestro is moving down to a second division team from a first division club, that tells you how well talented he is.

After all the noise about his wayward dribbling skills, nobody still found him worthy from the top division clubs in Germany, France, Italy, England, Spain or even the Dutch and Belgian leagues? Tells you how well he is rated

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 12:05pm On Aug 28, 2020
oga destiny differs and at the right time he will make the leap. i bet you that ejaria is work in progress when compared to nwakali who couldn't make the cut at porto's 2nd team

making the leap to the epl from the championship is not an easy feat and it takes extra ordinary performance to achieve that unlike the laliga where newly promoted teams can easily take 10 players on loan from mid table and relegated teams

i bet you that based on current rating ejaria is miles better than nwakali which is the main reason rohr deemed the former good enough to make his bench.

nwakali to me remains i pretender and i can't wait to take my words back if he proves me wrong this coming season.

if leagues are to be put into consideration as a yard stick to determine a better player based on your sentiment that means nwakali is better than aribo

ChrisKels:

While others are moving up from second division teams to first divisions, the so called maestro is moving down to a second division team from a first division club, that tells you how well talented he is.

After all the noise about his wayward dribbling skills, nobody still found him worthy from the top division clubs in Germany, France, Italy, England, Spain or even the Dutch and Belgian leagues? Tells you how well he is rated

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:13pm On Aug 28, 2020
The Dribbling Masters of the English Championship 2019/2020 features Four Nigerian lads

Nigerians and Dribbling shaa... grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:16pm On Aug 28, 2020
charlesemeka85:
Oga destiny differs and at the right time he will make the leap. i bet you that ejaria is work in progress when compared to nwakali who couldn't make the cut at porto's 2nd team

making the leap to the epl from the championship is not an easy feat and it takes extra ordinary performance to achieve that unlike the laliga where newly promoted teams can easily take 10 players on loan from mid table and relegated teams

i bet you that based on current rating ejaria is miles better than nwakali which is the main reason rohr deemed the former good enough to make his bench.

nwakali to me remains i pretender and i can't wait to take my words back if he proves me wrong this coming season.

if leagues are to be put into consideration as a yard stick to determine a better player based on your sentiment that means nwakali is better than aribo

Oh now you know destiny differs? Would this so called destiny have differed if the player in question was Nwakali? grin

Lol about the second bolded, could you please show us the list or match day squad where Rohr had Ejaria on the bench? Abi na you build this one up from no where? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9356) (9357) (9358) (9359) (9360) (9361) (9362) ... (16149) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10cedes, 12large1, Kog45(m), kennysville(m), superbloke(m), Amedino99(m), Napoleon55(m), Marjoribanks, KpagoGIN(m), ChrisKels, austineaddy and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.