Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,313 members, 7,846,384 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11838626 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9407) (9408) (9409) (9410) (9411) (9412) (9413) ... (16238) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:32am On Sep 05, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Onyekuru bags winner

Henry Onyekuru scored the winner for his side, AS Monaco as they defeated OGC Nice 3-2 in a friendly game played behind closed doors. He played the second 45.

The match sheet

Friendly match: OGC Nice 2-3 AS Monaco (Half-time 2-0)

Goals: Lopes (12th) and Guessand (14th) for OGC Nice; Daniliuc (csc, 58th), Martins (76th) and Onyekuru (88th) for AS Monaco

OGC Nice: Cardinale - Burner, Daniliuc (Pelmard, 73rd), Nsoki, Pioneer (Crétier, 90th) - Kari (Schneiderlin, 73rd), Trouillet (Lees-Melou, 73rd), Sylvestre - Ben Seghir (Sellouki, 42nd), Lopes (Parsemain, 67th), Guessand
Coach: Patrick Vieira

AS Monaco: Pereira - Aguilar (Onyekuru, 46th), Sidibé (Biancone, 67th), Disasi (Marcelin, 67th), Maripan, Caio (Ballo-Touré, 40th) - Tchouameni (Fofana, 46th), Aholou (Fabregas, 67th) , Diop (Matazo, 67th) - Millot, Volland (Martins, 46th)
Coach: Niko Kovac

Monaco is a big club but the way they sell their best players shows they are no longer ambitious.

I wish them the best this season

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by seankafor(m): 10:34am On Sep 05, 2020
Learnt that our useless caf lost the afcon cup of nations trophy in Egypt embarassed

When you thought you have heard it all, their dumbs keeps getting dumber embarassed

Even lowly rated concacaf isnt this bad for crying out loud undecided

Who cursed Africa? embarassed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Starboytwo(m): 10:42am On Sep 05, 2020
Osihmen will score above 25 goals this new season... I almost said 30....

I have no single doubts about the guy, he would score and keep on scoring..:. Again he would be Africa’s representatives when they are calling STRIKERS....

Just see the quality of his goals, see the way he whoops that shot at the near post, d keeper can’t keep up in the first hat trick match.. his accuracy is Unbelievable, I mean he looks up,saw the small space and whooosh...Goal...

Yesterday,one of my friend’s got tired of me singing BEST YOUNG STRIKER IN THE WORLD...

At the end of the season osihmen would be in the Top 5 highest goal scorer in seria A... he is that good... No hype, just facts....

Lastly, I never watched yekini live for the eagles, maybe I did, probably with my dad as he is a yekini fan boy, same state, same physique but in osihmen we have our own Updated yekini...

He would break and set a new goal record for the NT, He would win multiple Afcon(my mind day tell me 3)and even captain D team and lift one...

The post is long, so is my love for the No 9.... oh victor is not lucky to be in Napoli, the city of Naples are lucky to have him.....

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:51am On Sep 05, 2020
grin grin
Edopesin:

grin
Somebody cannot sell his banana in peace again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:00am On Sep 05, 2020
......................... Uzoho..............

Aina............Ekong...... Balogun..... Collins...

................Ndidi.........Aribo......

...... Chuks........ Iheancho..........Moses

........................... Osimhen.......

This is how the team should look like for now pending we see what becomes of those who got transfer to good clubs.

............................ Okoye..............

Aina....... Ekong........Semi........... Zaibu

................. Ndidi.........Agu........

....... Chuks......... Iheancho.........Moses

..........................Osimhen...........

This is how it should look like if they get to play this season especially if Agu moves to Ligue 1.

If those Germans eventually agrees to play for us...... grin story go change.

I am loving this. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:02am On Sep 05, 2020
Starboytwo:

I have no single doubts about the guy, he would score and keep on scoring..:. Again he would be Africa’s representatives when they are calling STRIKERS....

Just see the quality of his goals, see the way he whoops that shot at the near post, d keeper can’t keep up in the first hat trick match.. his accuracy is Unbelievable, I mean he looks up,saw the small space and whooosh...Goal...

Yesterday,one of my friend’s got tired of me singing BEST YOUNG STRIKER IN THE WORLD...

At the end of the season osihmen would be in the Top 5 highest goal scorer in seria A... he is that good... No hype, just facts....

Lastly, I never watched yekini live for the eagles, maybe I did, probably with my dad as he is a yekini fan boy, same state, same physique but in osihmen we have our own Updated yekini...

He would break and set a new goal record for the NT, He would win multiple Afcon(my mind day tell me 3)and even captain D team and lift one...

The post is long, so is my love for the No 9.... oh victor is not lucky to be in Napoli, the city of Naples are lucky to have him.....

Take it easy. Seria A defence is not moimoi. If he eventually scores 25 goals I don't see him in Napoli next season.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:06am On Sep 05, 2020
Naija players expected/likely to be in action for their various clubsides across Europe today - Sept.5

English League Cup - First Round

Ovie Ejaria, Michael Olise, Gabriel Osho, Sone Aluko (Reading FC) vs Colchester

Fisayo Dele-Bashiru, Moses Odubajo, Osaze Urghoghide (Sheffield Wednesday) vs Walsall

Bright Osayi Samuel, Odysseus Alfa, Aramide Oteh, Olamide Shodipo (QPR) vs Plymouth

Sammy Ameobi (Nottingham Forest) vs Barnsley

Ukrainian Persha Liga - 2nd tier

Chidera Anih Kelit (FC Metalist 1925) vs Nyva Ternopil.

Club Friendlies

Ramon Azeez (Granada) vs Real Betis

Ola Aina (Torino) vs Pro Vercelli

Kelechi Iheanacho, Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester) vs Blackburn Rovers

Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal) vs Levante

Alex Iwobi (Everton) vs Preston North End

Kenneth Omeruo (Leganes) vs Albacete

John Mikel Obi, Oghenekaro Etebo (Stoke City) vs Newcastle.

Tyronne Ebuehi (FC Twente) vs Emmen

Kingsley Ehizibue (FC Koln) vs Uerdingen

Semi Ajayi (West Bromwich Albion) vs Brighton Hove and Albion

Olarenwaju Kayode (Shakhtar Donetsk) vs Olimpik Donetsk

Muyiwa Blessing Olabiran "Benito" (Olimpik Donetsk) vs Shakhtar Donetsk

*Hillary Gong (Vitesse Arnhem) vs Darmstadt 98

Hamdi Akujobi (SC Heerenveen) vs Zwolle

Felix Ohis Uduokhai, *Noah Bazee (FC Augsburg) vs Ajax

Jamilu Collins, Chima Okoroji (SC Paderborn07) vs Fortuna Dusseldorf

Tosin Kehinde, Marvin Egho (Randers FC) vs Vejle

Suleiman Abdullahi (Eintracht Braunschweig) vs Heracles Almelo

Kevin Olajinka Ibrahim, GK (Heidenheim) vs St. Gallen

Kingsley Michael (Bologna) vs Feralpisalo

Tom Dele Bashiru, Isaac Success (Watford) vs Tottenham

Eberechi Eze (Crystal Palace) vs Brøndby

*Tobias Okiki Lawal, GK (LASK) vs Regensburg

Wale Musa Alli (SKU Amstetten) vs Austria Wien

Bright Edomwonyi (Austria Wien) vs SKU Amstetten

Jordan Torunarigha (Hertha Berlin SC) vs Hamburg

Xavier Amaechi (Hamburg) vs Hertha Berlin SC

Anthony Ujah (Union Berlin) vs Nuremberg

Chuba Akpom, Anderson Esiti (PAOK Saloniki) vs Panathinaikos

Sunday Faleye (FC Wacker) vs Turkgucu-Atas Munich

Tochi Chukwuani, Emeka Nnamani (FC Nordsjaelland) vs Aarhus GF

*Tosin Aiyegun (FC Zurich) vs Winterthur

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:10am On Sep 05, 2020
forgiveness:

Monaco is a big club but the way they sell their best players shows they are no longer ambitious.

Monaco is a selling club and so do bvb benfica and some few others

If the right offers come bvb will sell haaland immediately and they will replace him immediately also

You can see that they almost sold sancho to Man U

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:12am On Sep 05, 2020
andrewbaba44:

If the right offers come bvb will sell haaland immediately and they will replace him immediately also

Na wa for those clubs ooooo but Benfica is still doing well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:21am On Sep 05, 2020
Very interesting lineups Forgiveness.

Two questions.

1. Iheanacho in the AM role/Behind the striker role behind Osimhen instead of Iwobi. Hmmm.... Why so? Can you give reasons?

2. Mikel Agu instead of Joe Aribo. Agu is a DM like Ndidi so why drop a CM and Box-to-box machine in Aribo for a Destroyer DM like Agu? Really interested in your take.

Observations:

1. Zaidu for Collins. Yes. But I won't be too fast. Zaidu looks very likely to indeed displace Collins but Collins did drop some good numbers from LB last season. All the same, Zaidu will be an upgrade overall.

2. Moses Simon for LW. Honestly, at the moment, he starts. Kalu is a fav of Rohr but so also is Simon. Both have their standout qualities but Simon is the more in-form of the two. A player who played just one season for Nantes and earned a place in their Team of the Decade says a lot about his one season performance. He was even Nantes player of the year and a Marc Vivien foe award (Best African player in Ligue 1) nominee.
However, the emergence of Chidera Ejuke (who is also very likely to get his first Call-up ahead of October) will add even more fight to the LW role as the battle intensifies for who locks down the role permanently as first choice L-Winger but Simon leads for now.

3. Okoye for Uzoho if both feature regularly in their respective leagues. Well, it is a probability but it would be a battle. Uzoho is still first choice and if he is doing just as well in Cyprus as Okoye does in Holland, he may still keep the #1 shirt for a while at the beginning but it won't be for long if Okoye keeps it up in the Eredivisie.

4. Semi Ajayi for Balogun. Yes. But again... The defence is being reinforced which brings me to #5.

5. I assure you this Forgiveness. The "Germans" are coming. wink

6. @bolded names... I had to spell Iheanacho rightly TWICE for you. And Zaidu too. You too dey misspell their names sometimes. Iffa catch you again ehn!!! angry

forgiveness:

...... Chuks........ Iheanacho..........Moses

This is how the team should look like for now pending we see what becomes of those who got transfer to good clubs.

Aina....... Ekong........Semi........... Zaidu

....... Chuks......... Iheanacho........Moses

This is how it should look like if they get to play this season especially if Agu moves to Ligue 1.

I am loving this. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:21am On Sep 05, 2020
forgiveness:

Na wa for those clubs ooooo but Benfica is still doing well.

Benfica so recruit good players ,they even have a German international as their striker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Unserious: 11:23am On Sep 05, 2020
@forgiveness

With all your argument here, if na like this you be for real life, people around you dey try o! shocked shocked shocked
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:24am On Sep 05, 2020
forgiveness:

I am loving this. grin

I agree with the second formation apart from Mikel agu

I still need to watch Zaidu at Porto thou
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:28am On Sep 05, 2020
Like Andrewbaba44 rightly replied. Monaco is a selling club. They have been so for a while. Same with Ajax, Dortmund, Lille, Benfica. It is a strong part of these Clubs' business models to buy and recruit "potentially explosive" genuine top talents small and later sell them BIG.

forgiveness:

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:30am On Sep 05, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Like Andrewbaba44 rightly replied. Monaco is a selling club. They have been so for a while. Same with Ajax, Dortmund, Lille, Benfica. It is a strong part of these Clubs' business models to buy and recruit "potentially explosive" genuine top talents small and later sell them BIG.

Maybe that’s their way of making their money
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:34am On Sep 05, 2020
Edopesin:

Pulisic Werner Ziyech
Havertz Kovavic
Kante
Chilwell Zouma Silva Azipilicuta
cry

With this squad ignoring the goal keeping department, Top 3 cannot be a struggle

Remember that Tammy Giroud CHO Alonso are still on the bench o cheesy

Mehn una never understand sha grin

Chelsea squad is strong

I will know if you guys will fight for the epl after 10 games

Liverpool with no signings yet should watch their back

Pray Thiago Silva doesn’t get injured sha ,because at 36 he is still on of the top 5 defenders in the world

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:34am On Sep 05, 2020
Not maybe. Na one of their major ways. Nicolas Pepe and Osimhen will be adored by Lille forever for the Mega huge profits both players brought them. This approach is a strong part of these clubs' business models.

andrewbaba44:

Maybe that’s their way of making their money

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 11:36am On Sep 05, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Not maybe. Na one of their major ways. Nicolas Pepe and Osimhen will be adored by Lille forever for the Mega huge profits both players brought them. This approach is a strong part of these clubs' business models.

Mehn that osimhen and pepe profit is something else
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:57am On Sep 05, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Very interesting lineups Forgiveness.

Two questions.

1. Iheanacho in the AM role/Behind the striker role behind Osimhen instead of Iwobi. Hmmm.... Why so? Can you give reasons?

2. Mikel Agu instead of Joe Aribo. Agu is a DM like Ndidi so why drop a CM and Box-to-box machine in Aribo for a Destroyer DM like Agu? Really interested in your take.

Observations:

1. Zaidu for Collins. Yes. But I won't be too fast. Zaidu looks very likely to indeed displace Collins but Collins did drop some good numbers from LB last season. All the same, Zaidu will be an upgrade overall.

2. Moses Simon for LW. Honestly, at the moment, he starts. Kalu is a fav of Rohr but so also is Simon. Both have their standout qualities but Simon is the more in-form of the two. A player who played just one season for Nantes and earned a place in their Team of the Decade says a lot about his one season performance. He was even Nantes player of the year and a Marc Vivien foe award (Best African player in Ligue 1) nominee.
However, the emergence of Chidera Ejuke (who is also very likely to get his first Call-up ahead of October) will add even more fight to the LW role as the battle intensifies for who locks down the role permanently as first choice L-Winger but Simon leads for now.

3. Okoye for Uzoho if both feature regularly in their respective leagues. Well, it is a probability but it would be a batte. Uzoho is still first choice and if he is doing just as well in Cyprus as Okoye does in Holland, he may still keep the #1 shirt for a while at the beginning but it won't be for long if Okoye keeps it up in the Eredivisie.

4. Semi Ajayi for Balogun. Yes. But again... The defence is being reinforced which brings me to #5.

5. I assure you this Forgiveness. The "Germans" are coming. wink

6. @bolded names... I had to spell Iheanacho rightly TWICE for you. And Zaidu too. You too dey misspell their names sometimes. Iffa catch you again ehn!!! angry

1. Since Iwobi is not measuring up to expectation. I will try Iheanacho in that role as a SS. Iheanacho will add more pressure to the opposition defence and can switch position with Osimhen whenever Osimhen drift defenders away from their position to create space and chance for Iheanacho to score.

2. I want us to utilize our full backs upfront hence need for a defensive minded mildfielder to cover for them whenever they overlap. We know our full backs are more attack minded.

Ndidi can play box to box too. Anyway, I think we need to cover for the full backs. If they are not going upfront I think Aribo can come in. Azeez is not bad though.

Observations

1. Zaidu for Collins if he gets to play regularly for Porto.

2. Well, competition is necessary. We need all in the team but as it stands, Moses is ahead. Apart from Kalu and Ejuke, are there any Nigerians able to play in that wing?

3. I don't not have confidence in Uzoho for now. We need to look for a better goalkeeper in the mold of Enyeama.

4. Well, I think Balogun is okay but I don't know if Rohr is interested in him.

5. How many? grin

6. Na mind phone. I didn't check before posting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:58am On Sep 05, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Benfica so recruit good players ,they even have a German international as their striker

Because it's a big club though and there is possibility of winning laurels.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:59am On Sep 05, 2020
Unserious:
@forgiveness

With all your argument here, if na like this you be for real life, people around you dey try o! shocked shocked shocked

Which argument? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:02pm On Sep 05, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I agree with the second formation apart from Mikel agu

I still need to watch Zaidu at Porto thou

Same here
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 12:04pm On Sep 05, 2020
forgiveness:

I am loving this. grin

those German boys go give rohr big headache. Balogun and omeruo nor go ever start match again. Na Awaziem go suffer am pass lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:07pm On Sep 05, 2020
it wasn't CAF. it was the egyptian fa the trophy was stolen from. They have a replica of the cup for winning it 3 times

seankafor:
Learnt that our useless caf lost the afcon cup of nations trophy in Egypt embarassed

When you thought you have heard it all, their dumbs keeps getting dumber embarassed

Even lowly rated concacaf isnt this bad for crying out loud undecided

Who cursed Africa? embarassed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:08pm On Sep 05, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Their fans are trying oooo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:10pm On Sep 05, 2020
kellycute:
those German boys go give rohr big headache. Balogun and omeruo nor go ever start match again. Na Awaziem go suffer am pass lol

True talk. It will also affect one of our wingers ooo. Remember, Bazee is also a German and he is likely to get a call. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:12pm On Sep 05, 2020
i'm very optimistic on the bold. I'm praying he can stay injury free. he has that hunger which quality strikers have to always score all the time. wish him all the best.

Starboytwo:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2020
forgiveness:

True talk. I will also also affect one of our wingers ooo. Remember, Bazee is also a German and he is likely to get a call. grin
BAZEE na injury prone. I don't rate him yet
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2020
forgiveness:

I am loving this. grin

This team lacks creativity!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2020
forgiveness:

1. Since Iwobi is not measuring up to expectation I will try Iheanacho in that role as a SS. Iheanacho will add more pressure to the opposition defence and can switch position with Osimhen whenever Osimhen drift defenders away from their position to create space and chance for Iheanacho to score.

2. I want us to utilize our full backs upfront hence need for a defensive minded mildfielder to cover for them whenever they overlap. We know our full backs are more attack minded.

Ndidi can play box to box too. Anyway, I think we need to cover for the full backs. If they are not going upfront I think Aribo can come in. Azeez is not bad though.

Observations

1. Zaidu for Collins if he gets to play regularly for Porto.

2. Well, competition is necessary. We need all in the team but as it stands, Moses is ahead. Apart from Kalu and Ejuke, are there any Nigerians able to play in that wing?

3. I don't not have confidence in Uzoho for now. We need to look for a better goalkeeper in the mold of Enyeama.

4. Well, I think Balogun is okay but I don't know if Rohr is interested in him.

5. How many? grin

6. Na mind phone. I didn't check before posting.
on number 2
Denis and bazee
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2020
i foresee haaland ending up in bayern or r.madrid in 2 seasons time if he continues to progress

andrewbaba44:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 12:25pm On Sep 05, 2020
chrisooblog:
i foresee haaland ending up in bayern or r.madrid in 2 seasons time if he continues to progress

He better ends there so mbappe will be open to join us as Madrid and Barca are the only 2 clubs he will leave psg for grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9407) (9408) (9409) (9410) (9411) (9412) (9413) ... (16238) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: iamdynamite(m), TheGoodJoe(m), villagereporter(m), elyte89 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.