Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,094 members, 7,849,420 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:07 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9525) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11856086 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9522) (9523) (9524) (9525) (9526) (9527) (9528) ... (16248) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:02pm On Sep 19, 2020
Was not defending Liverpool. Just stating the obvious on Brewster. Compared to Balogun, Rhian should definitely go for more. And Balogun is not worth 15M. And I dont care about ki-Jana. But even his price is below 15M.
All I want is for Arsenal to sort Folarin Balogun's future out so that the lad can play football with a stable mind. I rate the lad.

Barryseal:

As you were defending Liverpool, they were negotiating a £13.5M for Ki-Jana, an academy player without first team action.
Balogun might sign an extension with Arsenal and go out on loan. I heard his main grouse with Arsenal was not being protected enough when Emery decided not to take him to America for pre season.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:03pm On Sep 19, 2020
Bascovanveli3:

I hope u have seen the Zambo Anguissa u called average?

He is average oga

All players in fulham are average, even mitrovic wey score hatrick self

You are good doesnt mean you are above average

At least i didnt call him a bad player but an average one

No let me go back to your matter ooo,

no be you talk say apart from madrid you no see any better Midfielders for laliga wey get better season than anguissa grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:05pm On Sep 19, 2020
kellycute:
he need to add goal to his game. Im not satisfy with his game yet

He will, let me say he is a little unlucky and he needs to work on some things

Make we dey see as the season go be
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 19, 2020
Okoye on the bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:07pm On Sep 19, 2020
Barryseal:

As you were defending Liverpool, they were negotiating a £13.5M for Ki-Jana, an academy player without first team action.
Balogun might sign an extension with Arsenal and go out on loan. I heard his main grouse with Arsenal was not being protected enough when Emery decided not to take him to America for pre season.

Oga,no talk anyhow..
Hoever has played 4 times for Liverpool first team.. With 1 goal...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 5:07pm On Sep 19, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Was not defending Liverpool. Just stating the obvious on Brewster. Compared to Balogun, Rhian should definitely go for more. And Balogun is not worth 15M. And I dont care about ki-Jana. But even his price is below 15M.
All I want is for Arsenal to sort Folarin Balogun's future out so that the lad can play football with a stable mind. I rate the lad.

Balogun is not far behind Brewster. If Brewster is going for 25m,Balogun shouldn't be going for 3M. Arsenal will be selling themselves short if they accept Shefield's derisory £3M offer when they already rejected £8m from Brentford this January for the same player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2020
Bascovanveli3:
Ssmu could have had an hat trick today. He needs to be more ruthless in front of goal. Great game though. He didn't play his best but got a win and an assist.
exactly. He need to work on his shooting to become an effective player. I'm not yet impress with his game. I want him to metamophose to a goal scoring winger like pulisic, sterling, mane etc. He have it in his antenna but need to work more and practice shooting.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:08pm On Sep 19, 2020
Just watch out Basco. Just watch out. Yes, he didn't score today but he picked up his first assist of the season.

I already said during preseason that Chuks will bag several goals + assists this season. Today was just the first goal involvement. There are many more to come in form of goals and assists. His numbers will take a jump this season. Just need to up the ante some more in terms of ruthlessness. Overall, this is gonna be the season Samu's numbers comes close to matching his overall game influence.

Meanwhile... Wetin dey do your other account? Spambots I guess.

Bascovanveli3:
Ssmu could have had an hat trick today. He needs to be more ruthless in front of goal. Great game though. He didn't play his best but got a win and an assist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:11pm On Sep 19, 2020
kellycute:
exactly. He need to work on his shooting to become an effective player. I'm not yet impress with his game. I want him to metamophose to a goal scoring winger like pulisic, sterling, mane etc. He have it in his antenna but need to work more and practice shooting.

Na chelsea pulisic begin score goals sha

His goal stats at bvb where poor like Chuks at Villarreal

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:11pm On Sep 19, 2020
Balogun is not worth 15M mister. Not yet. Rhian is ahead by some miles. EOD. Derail no further. Danke.

Barryseal:

Balogun is not far behind Brewster. If Brewster is going for 25m,Balogun shouldn't be going for 3M. Arsenal will be selling themselves short if they accept Shefield's derisory £3M offer when they already rejected £8m from Brentford this January for the same player.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by hardytech: 5:12pm On Sep 19, 2020
sir Ighalo on the bench for Manchester United, I hope he scores a goal before going back to China.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 5:12pm On Sep 19, 2020
Danielnino00:

Oga,no talk anyhow..
Hoever has played 4 times for Liverpool first team.. With 1 goal...
Playing a couple of Carabao games makes him a Liverpool first teamer and not academy player by your estimate?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elunico: 5:13pm On Sep 19, 2020
IDENNAA:

Please, Sir , don't argue this. Ekong is undoubtedly a great defender but lacked ball playing skills.

I'm not arguing anything. Yes, Ekong isn't a great ball player, but he isn't as bad in that aspect as that guy wants to make us believe.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bascovanveli3: 5:13pm On Sep 19, 2020
andrewbaba44:

He is average oga

All players in fulham are average, even mitrovic wey score hatrick self

You are good doesnt mean you are above average

At least i didnt call him a bad player but an average one

No let me go back to your matter ooo,

no be you talk say apart from madrid you no see any better Midfielders for laliga wey get better season than anguissa grin

He is so average that u said a player was lucky he was on the pitch grin like I said u only know Messi. If u can watch that match and call him average I don't have anything else to say.

Let me just drop the stats

4/4 tackles, 2 interceptions, 7/10 dribbles, 1 shot, 3 key passes and an assist cool

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bascovanveli3: 5:15pm On Sep 19, 2020
kellycute:

That will take some time. Those players didn't become great overnight. I believe he has a good start playing for a la Liga club already at this stage
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 5:15pm On Sep 19, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

Balogun is not worth 15M mister. Not yet. Rhian is ahead by some miles. EOD. Derail no further. Danke.

There's no derailing here. Our discussion is centered around Balogun, who is a Nigerian just like Saka, Tournarigha and Akpoguna.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:15pm On Sep 19, 2020
Barryseal:

Playing a couple of Carabao games makes him a Liverpool first teamer and not academy player by your estimate?

U said he had no first team action..
I corrected that..

BTW, why didn't Arsenal give Balogun a chance in the same Carabao cup? undecided

He is 20 years old already...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:16pm On Sep 19, 2020
Kevin Akpoguma (TSG Hoffenheim) vs FC Koln.

Featured for 89mins in his side's 3-2 win away at Ehizibue's Koln. Played at RWB.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kellycute(m): 5:17pm On Sep 19, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Na chelsea pulisic begin score goals sha

His goal stats at bvb where poor like Chuks at Villarreal
pulisic don improved Sha
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:18pm On Sep 19, 2020
There is derailing in that you keep bringing in other names from your club or Liverpool like Ki-Jana for instance. This is not about Liverpool or Arsenal whom you are so desperate to defend. The focus is just on Folarin Balogun's future. Finito.

I definitely suspect you are an Arsenal fan.

Barryseal:

There's no derailing here. Our discussion is centered around Balogun, who is a Nigerian just like Saka, Tournarigha and Akpoguna.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bascovanveli3: 5:19pm On Sep 19, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Just watch out Basco. Just watch out. Yes, he didn't score today but he picked up his first assist of the season.

I already said during preseason that Chuks will bag several goals + assists this season. Today was just the first goal involvement. There are many more to come in form of goals and assists. His numbers will take a jump this season. Just need to up the ante some more in terms of ruthlessness. Overall, this is gonna be the season Samu's numbers comes close to matching his overall game influence.

Meanwhile... Wetin dey do your other account? Spambots I guess.

I know he will be okay wink

Yea spambots whatever that means sad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 5:20pm On Sep 19, 2020
Danielnino00:

U said he had no first team action..
I corrected that..

BTW, why didn't Arsenal give Balogun a chance in the same Carabao cup? undecided

He is 20 years old already...
Maybe because of the small matter that he was injured and out of action for 3 months between October and December last year.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bascovanveli3: 5:23pm On Sep 19, 2020
I wonder why clubs like huesca and Villarreal don't come for our players in the first place. They always wait until things don't work out. Most Spanish clubs dey cheap sha grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:23pm On Sep 19, 2020
Barryseal:

Maybe because of the small matter that he was injured and out of action for 3 months between October and December last year.

What about before that? undecided

For him not to have any first team appearance for the club he has been with for so long could either mean he isn't good enough or Arsenal handlers don't know how to boost their youth players profile....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 5:24pm On Sep 19, 2020
Bascovanveli3:

He is so average that u said a player was lucky he was on the pitch grin like I said u only know Messi. If u can watch that match and call him average I don't have anything else to say.

Let me just drop the stats

4/4 tackles, 2 interceptions, 7/10 dribbles, 1 shot, 3 key passes and an assist cool

You have nothing to prove okay

If you like make all the stats be 100 percent ,na average player e be

Lol when last I even talk of Messi here self ,if I only know about Messi then you only know about Solomon Kwambe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 5:25pm On Sep 19, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
There is derailing in that you keep bringing in other names from your club or Liverpool like Ki-Jana for instance. This is not about Liverpool or Arsenal whom you are so desperate to defend. The focus is just on Folarin Balogun's future. Finito.

I definitely suspect you are an Arsenal fan.

I'm not desperate to defend anybody but rather, I want to correct the impression which you tagged Arsenal "stupid" for placing a 15M demand for a player which have vis-a-vis same level as those of Liverpools who are going for the current market rate.
Balogun is not 22M lesser player than Brewster.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:27pm On Sep 19, 2020
Ohhh the bots came for you. Don't really understand those bots sometimes. But you can send a message to the Supermods. Just mail them. You will find the option to mail them on the Front page when you scroll down to the last topic on there. Just below it, you will find the option.

Bascovanveli3:

I know he will be okay wink

Yea spambots whatever that means sad

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:28pm On Sep 19, 2020
Arsenal is crazy for placing such a crazy price tag on Balogun making it almost impossible for clubs to bag him. That is what I said and I maintain it. Don't cry b'cos it is your club I am calling crazy. Balogun is not worth 15M. Now bye.

Barryseal:

I'm not desperate to defend anybody but rather, I want to correct the impression which you tagged Arsenal "stupid" for placing a 15M demand for a player which have vis-a-vis same level as those of Liverpools who are going for the current market rate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 5:29pm On Sep 19, 2020
Danielnino00:

What about before that? undecided

For him not to have any first team appearance for the club he has been with for so long could either mean he isn't good enough or Arsenal handlers don't know how to boost their youth players profile....
That's what his handlers want to iron out. Arsenal basically lost 2 years with Emery. Let's not derail
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 5:30pm On Sep 19, 2020
Barryseal:

E go shock you cheesy cheesy

Liverpool are already in talks with Sheffield for Brewster...

When he is officially announced,you will realize that arsenal were indeed stupid to place such a price tag on a 20 years old with no first team football!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:31pm On Sep 19, 2020
Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal) vs Eibar.

He played 85 mins and bagged an assist. His side won 2-1.

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (9522) (9523) (9524) (9525) (9526) (9527) (9528) ... (16248) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: do4luv14(m), CaptainStephen(m), mank1234(m), abbey086(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.