Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,812 members, 7,851,726 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:38 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9673) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11876200 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9670) (9671) (9672) (9673) (9674) (9675) (9676) ... (16251) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:05am On Oct 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
No. You are the one taking it personal seeing how you went on and on pushing the point that Moses Simon's one goal puts him in same bracket as Samuel Kalu.

I have watched both Kalu and Simon this season and I can tell you for free that Simon has dropped two stinkers already this season for Nantes vs Monaco and Lille while Kalu has been much better for Bordeaux within same period. I have also watched our other wingers in Ejuke and Chukwueze. Musa has been inactive of late.

My statement was one of simple fact based on "this particular period in the 2020/21 season" and from what they have shown so far but you kept on saying it is subjective even when I showed you the factual angle I came from.

You picked Iheanacho obviously b'cos he has better experience compared to Onuachu and new boy, Dessers. How many has Onuachu and Dessers played compared to Nacho? Also, Nacho has what it takes to play in dynamic fashion with the likes of Iwobi, Chuks and whatever winger we pick on the left. He has the ability to deliver in the role just like a striker as natural as Dessers. So don't use the pick of Nacho to cover that.

In Simon and Kalu's case, both are just as experienced and fit to start on the left yet you picked Kalu.
You kept saying Simon this and that yet you picked Kalu for your front three. Or a Simon Moses on the LW cannot also see us defeating Algeria??

And you don't go stylish yet you began referring to last season (2019/20) about how "people in here" kept hyping Kalu based on one goal. I asked you who and you haven't provided an answer and you say you are not being stylish.

You say he remained on one goal throughout last season despite "some people hyping his one goal" and you think I would not ask ask if you suggest he would also remain on these two goals he has bagged this season?

You said something about "same story" and I asked what same story, you also haven't addressed that. Please... And please... This was never a direct comparison between Simon and Kalu. I said Kalu is the most inform of our wingers currently and that was based on actual observations and facts. I didn't just make that comment.

But if you still don't get my angle, then I can drop the Sofascore ratings of both players in Ligue 1 for all games played so far if you don't want to see that Simon is not in same form level as Kalu for now.

These things change and are temporary like I since pointed out but right now, Kalu is the winger in much better form among our wing men. Finito.

This is why I say it is subjective. You feel u are bringing up facts but they can be looked at differently by others. U say Simon dropped at least 2 stinkers and I say he has only been subbed off once this season. Consistency of selection is my personal prerequisite.

I have to refer to last season because even when KC started scoring goals last season we were optimistic yet cautious about it. There is absolutely nothing stylish about that. I definitely was not talking about u so how am I now being stylish?

Maybe I skipped where u asked me to clarify but the same story was last season which he also started on fire but tailed off.

When we lost to Algeria Iheanacho and Kalu did not play? I felt they could have made a difference and that is the biggest reason I selected both. Plus I want the world to see the player that Leicester is rubbishing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:06am On Oct 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Maybe partially but looking at the full story I know now, I really cannot fault Rohr. He had a right to choose to keep observing Eze. It is not as if Rohr wasn't working on the team all that time. He clearly was but was taking the time to also see Eze from a distance. Club performances doesn't always mean you will hit it big with the NT. Also, it wasn't as if Eze was outstanding since 2017. He was not. He only truly broke out in 2019/2020. Nothing really outstanding about him in 2017/2018 or in 2018/2019 so Rohr was right to keep watching.

And yes, Eze made the regret statement this year in a podcast with Nedum Onouha but he was referring to the time he was called to camp with Nigeria in Barnet. He said after he joined up with the England U-21s (which came after turning down Nigeria's approach last year before the Brazil game) that he felt more drawn to the English and that he would have regretted picking Nigeria back then when he trained in Barnet with us.

So if that doesn't tell us something, I don't know what else will. Perhaps Rohr dodged a bullet. His heart was just never with us. Finito.

Well..it's a two way thing..
If Rohr had called Eze after the world cup,he probably would have honoured it cus he wasn't on England's radar back then..

To be frank,it's not like Eze is a fantastic player,but the fact that we have very few creative midfielders available at the moment is the main reason why I want us to cap him.. Iwobi isn't always reliable...
Alternatively,Rohr can just switch our creativity to the flanks,but the man like his wingers to defend more lipsrsealed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 11:07am On Oct 06, 2020
andrewagba44:

But can he play ?

Remember FIFA didn’t allow him play last World Cup
Yes he can
The new switch rule was from his case where he took FIFA to CAS
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 06, 2020
forgiveness:

Okay. I think it an deliberate act by the English to frustrating and discouraging switch process because England administration is superior to that of the Germany. I stand to be corrected.

Not really believe it because of 4 FAs under the britain the players in question have no British passports.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:07am On Oct 06, 2020
Danielnino00:

He scored 1 goals in 11 games... What's impressive about that?

You keep saying he was abandoned...
What about the numerous home grown players that have been abandoned after getting injured while playing for the country? undecided
In case you don't know,when a player gets injured while on international duty, FIFA not the club or the country will be the one to pay him his wage until he recovers..

And again,tell us,did Anichebe hit form after he recovered from his injury? undecided abi we should have recalled him as a thank you for getting injured on our behalf undecided

Onazi got a life threatening injury while playing for Nigeria at the world cup,he recovered,got back to playing well at his club and got back to the SE starting eleven...

Did you watch the 11 matches he played for SE to ascertain he was impressive or not?

Why did Anichebe criticize the FA openly if he was treated well?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:08am On Oct 06, 2020
@bolded...And please, in the light of the revelation that he made in the podcast where he said he would have regretted picking Nigeria back then after camping with us in Barnet, then I pray England calls him up quickly. Nigeria is having Ejaria soon.
Also, Kelechi Nwakali is again on the rise and that could give us more options in central areas and can even see Aribo sometimes tried in the #10 role as he has excelled there for Rangers a couple times

So going forward, I must say, in the light of the options emerging in the coming months, that we won't miss a lad who has already said he would have regretted choosing us.

At it stands, Eze's heart lies with England. Unless he changes his mind then that is the case.

forgiveness:

Did Eze not trained with the SE?

He demonstrated he was willing to play for us at that time by coming to camp but Rohr SNUBBED him first for years. Whose fault? Eze?

Eze will be called into the three lions anything soon. The same way he went from Championship to EPl. The early you realise this the better.

Rohr messed up big time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 06, 2020
Danielnino00:

Do well to remind Komekn of this..

He has been screaming double standards all these while..

Dkw somebody that claims to be actively involved in English football,I'm surprised he doesn't know that...

Cc komekn
I have relayed your message grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Bascovanveli2: 11:08am On Oct 06, 2020
This insult has to stop angry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:09am On Oct 06, 2020
smartsmith0907:

Not really believe it because of 4 FAs under the britain the players in question have no British passports.

Okay.

Is getting British passport difficult?

Do they really need a British passport to get a switch?

I am not getting it sir.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 06, 2020
Danielnino00:

If Rohr had called Eze after the world cup,he probably would have honoured it cus he wasn't on England's radar back then..

To be frank,it's not like Eze is a fantastic player,but the fact that we have very few creative midfielders available at the moment is the main reason why I want us to cap him.. Iwobi isn't always reliable...
Alternatively,Rohr can just switch our creativity to the flanks,but the man like his wingers to defend more lipsrsealed

To be candid rohr doesn't rate Eze.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:11am On Oct 06, 2020
Karlovich:
I believe it has to be vetted by the 4 FAs under the Home Nations or something related to it since the players in question have British passports and there's no such thing as british national team.

Okay. I understand. The 4 FAs must approve it...but I thought they hold different passports.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:12am On Oct 06, 2020
forgiveness:

Did you watch the 11 matches he played for SE to ascertain he was impressive or not?

Why did Anichebe criticize the FA openly if he was treated well?

You aren't ready to accept the truth...so bye bye
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:13am On Oct 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
@bolded...And please, in the light of the revelation that he made in the podcast where he said he would have regretted picking Nigeria back then after camping with us in Barnet, then I pray England calls him up quickly. Nigeria is having Ejaria soon.
Also, Kelechi Nwakali is again on the rise and that could give us more options in central areas and can even see Aribo sometimes tried in the #10 role as he has excelled there for Rangers a couple times

So going forward, I must say, in the light of the options emerging in the coming months, that we won't miss a lad who has already said he would have regretted choosing us.

At it stands, Eze's heart lies with England. Unless he changes his mind then that is the case.

Anybody that think Eze is getting an England call up anytime soon is deceving himself grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 11:15am On Oct 06, 2020
Thomas Partey in Arsenal
This season is going to be interesting!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:16am On Oct 06, 2020
TheSuperNerd:

He would have regretted picking Nigeria.... that was made after he was SNUBBED and it's UNDERSTANDABLE.

Are all these aforementioned NATURAL AMF or MAKESHIFT? because I am tired of makeshift players.

Are they better than Eze? I would like to know.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 11:17am On Oct 06, 2020
Karlovich:
I believe it has to be vetted by the 4 FAs under the Home Nations or something related to it since the players in question have British passports and there's no such thing as british national team.
@forgiveness, this is why switching from England takes time unlike other nations. There's no British national team but all 4 FAs have to vet the approval before it goes to FIFA.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:18am On Oct 06, 2020
forgiveness:

Okay.

Is getting British passport difficult?

Do they really need a British passport to get a switch?

I am not getting it sir.

The decision to issue, withdraw, or refuse a British passport is at the discretion of the Secretary of State for the Home Department (the Home Secretary) under the Royal Prerogative

There is a British passport but in order for you apply for a switch. Home department must consent to your proposal to file for a switch of allegiance and usual takes a long period of time for this to be done at least a year coz you must meet up with some certain requirements and alot of paper works is required
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:18am On Oct 06, 2020
Danielnino00:

You aren't ready to accept the truth...so bye bye

I asked you a simple question but you want to cover up and caway.

Just accept you didn't watch those matches, stop pretending and move on.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oluislong: 11:19am On Oct 06, 2020
Captain Ahmed Musa, whose future at Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr remains unclear, and late call-up Paul Onuachu are now the only players yet to join up with the Super Eagles in Austria, officials said.

Ahmed Musa has not been involved in his club’s AFC Champions League campaign since the club made a new star signing.

Onuachu, on the other hand, was a late replacement for Napoli striker Victor Osimhen, who was excused from the friendlies against Algeria and Tunisia because of travel restrictions caused by the Coronavirus Pandemic.

“Both players should be with us before lunch time,” Eagles spokesman Toyin Ibitoye disclosed.

The squad has been boosted by the arrival of LASK Linz goalkeeper Okiki Lawal, who officials explained was originally invited by the team but his availability was in huge doubt.

There are now four young goalkeepers in Austria – Dele Alampasu, Matthew Yakubu and Maduka Okoye.

The Eagles will have their first training this morning.

Nigeria take on African champions Algeria on Friday night, before they tackle Tunisia next week Tuesday.

The matches will prepare the team for 2021 AFCON double-header against Sierra Leone next month.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:19am On Oct 06, 2020
Rohr had no true reason to call Eze up after the WC. It is not as if Eze was outstanding. Eze only truly broke out in 2019/2020. There was no big reason for Rohr to call him up. If Rohr had done it, fine... Just like he did with Aribo but the truth is Rohr was under no obligation to do so as evidentially, Eze himself was not particularly outstanding just yet. I like Eze but this is the simple truth.

And not to worry, Ejaria's switch is very close to being finished. His entry will bring more creative options through the middle. Iwobi won't be standing alone anymore in the AM dept.

Eze has already made it clear in a podcast that his heart lies with England and would have regretted it if we even capped him. So you can see that Rohr really dodged a bullet here. Until Eze changes his mind and backtracks, that is how things stay for now.

Is he still eligible? Yes. As long as England's Southgate keeps ignoring him then Eze could still come back to us. But for now... No can do as regards where his heart lies. He wants England.

On our wingers contributing to Creativity, it is possible Rohr tasks our wingers to share the creative burden with our designated AM. Infact I believe that is what Rohr is currently trying to mould the team into. A team whose creativity comes from both the wings and through the middle.

Also, his eagerness to bring in Zaidu long before the lad's porto switch is testament to the possibility that he could also he looking at Zaidu to contribute to our attack with his crosses from the left. Rohr is very particular about Zaidu's attacking qualities from LB even though he also emphasises his defensive ability but when asked about Zaidu particularly, Rohr was clear in what the lad would add. Rohr said in Zaidu we get a very attacking-minded fullback. That should tell you how Rohr may intend to utilise the lad's greatest strengths.

Danielnino00:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 11:19am On Oct 06, 2020
forgiveness:

Okay. I understand. The 4 FAs must approve it...but I thought they hold different passports.
No they don't, it's the same reason they don't allow naturalized players to represent them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 11:21am On Oct 06, 2020
forgiveness:

I asked you a simple question but you want to cover up and caway.

Just accept you didn't watch those matches, stop pretending and move on.

Anichebe was a crap player EOD..
Even if he took a bullet for Nigeria,it wasn't a criteria for earning a recall..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 11:22am On Oct 06, 2020
forgiveness:

Okay. I think it an deliberate act by the English to frustrating and discouraging switch process because England administration is superior to that of the Germany. I stand to be corrected.
Not superior but rather complicated
4 FAs (England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland) has to vet the process by virtue of the British passport (not English passport) the player carries unlike the German or Dutch who have just one passport and FA under them.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:23am On Oct 06, 2020
Hahahahahahaha.... Basco man. Wetin happen? Is it the Spambots again?

Do the needful naa. Mail the Supermods.

Go to Front page. Scroll down to the last topic on the FP. Below it, you will see "mail Supermods". Click on that.

Then title your message as "Spambots ban" or so and let them know you want to be released from the spambots' ban shackles.

Lol... Those bots no get Joy. But how can they? They are bots. grin

Bascovanveli2:
This insult has to stop angry

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oluislong: 11:24am On Oct 06, 2020
oloriooko:
Thomas Partey in Arsenal
This season is going to be interesting!

Such a pity Ndidi will Miss his club's match against Arsenal. Would have loved to see both of them go head to head
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:25am On Oct 06, 2020
solonnachi:

Musa has served us well. Its time he gives room for the younger generation
The younger wingers should prove to us that they are better in GWG.

I can bet it with you in proper tournament you see old Musa outclass these youngsters...

Four WC goals no be bean.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:26am On Oct 06, 2020
Karlovich:
No they don't, it's the same reason they don't allow naturalized players to represent them.

Oh! I see. Thanks.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by humility33(m): 11:26am On Oct 06, 2020
DABIGATRAN:

Our game against Zambia was played at Ndola and Brown Ideye started as the centre-forward. Iheanacho played behind him.
thanks bro, i remember now.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:27am On Oct 06, 2020
Danielnino00:

Anichebe was a crap player EOD..
Even if he took a bullet for Nigeria,it wasn't a criteria for earning a recall..

Just admit you didn't see him play in green white green and move on.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:28am On Oct 06, 2020
Karlovich:

I see. Thanks for the information.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:28am On Oct 06, 2020
smartsmith0907:

The decision to issue, withdraw, or refuse a British passport is at the discretion of the Secretary of State for the Home Department (the Home Secretary) under the Royal Prerogative

There is a British passport but in order for you apply for a switch. Home department must consent to your proposal to file for a switch of allegiance and usual takes a long period of time for this to be done at least a year coz you must meet up with some certain requirements and alot of paper works is required

I understand now. Thanks
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 11:28am On Oct 06, 2020
Danielnino00:

It'd be disservice to other performing players should Rohr had called up Eze to the 2018 WC. Even Osimhen who was in the team didn't make the cut. Ola Aina who took part in the WQC was dropped for an almost retired Echiejile.

It's best we just watch how things play out Eze expressing he'd have regretted turning for Nigeria should tell you something. Eze is one player, there are more players who will even play better than him. Why not clamor for Micheal Olise to be drafted in don't you see how good a player he is.

Make we leave sentiment one side, which ever way let's remove expectation of Eze and we'll be okay. Nigeria has gotten over the Saka disappointment, we'll get over this too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9670) (9671) (9672) (9673) (9674) (9675) (9676) ... (16251) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Oasis007(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.