Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,824 members, 7,862,711 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:15 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9711) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11942522 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9708) (9709) (9710) (9711) (9712) (9713) (9714) ... (16354) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 3:06pm On Oct 08, 2020
junnyjake:
My lineup.

Abeg replace the carpenter in the middle with Tijani.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndSunGorilla: 3:09pm On Oct 08, 2020
IDENNAA:

Yes , he started off as an AM at Chile 2015 and Onega was his DM. Nwakali can also play CM , SS , RW and even DM.
Can he play goalie and striker too?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:09pm On Oct 08, 2020
My preffered lineup..
4-2-3-1
GK - Not sure
RB- Ebuehi CB- Ekong CB- Ajayi LB- Sanusi
DM- Agu CM - Onyeka
LWF -Kalu AMF- Iwobi RWF- Chukwueze
CF- Iheanacho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:10pm On Oct 08, 2020
IDENNAA:

I dont have to tick all the conventional definition of a DM. I want a DM that can move with the ball. For instance, Kaita moves with the ball , as in making moves with with ball still in your possession. And, please , dont post YouTube videos of the best of Ndidi because I have seen them.

Who is Kaita?? undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:11pm On Oct 08, 2020
Utonwanne:

That's not true. If he plays better, it's 100% possible but I don't see that coming.

Okay I was wrong

In football anything is possible
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Samueltemi337(m): 3:11pm On Oct 08, 2020
The rohr that I know will start Iheanacho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eazyjakes(m): 3:12pm On Oct 08, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Arsenal lost out on Aouar because they could not meet the asking price of Lyon. Price is a big decider. Clubs know Ndidi will cost a fortune. Arsenal snapped Partey because of the contract gap.

So Partey is not just a decent player, but quality and with the gap, he was snapped.

So making it look like Arsenal wanted Partey because of quality and not Ndidi is not a true picture.

If Ndidi will even go for £50m, clubs will he fighting for him. Unfortunately, he will cost a fortune.
They went for partey because of quality....price/money is a factor in almost every facet of life....what you stand to gain from sth will determine how much you willing to pay or invest in it.....Arsenal paid £45m for Partey cos they believe he is properly valued at that price and thats almost same price they were unwilling to pay for Aouar cos he was not worth that price in their own valuation and not because they didnt had the money to pay!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:12pm On Oct 08, 2020
IDENNAA:

You are losing it again. You were doing well for a while since your jail time and things were civil for a minute. But I guess that agwosia onye ala oma agha ntamu... grin

You , Shemba phd and charlesemeka almost trashed this place and now you are back with your uncontrollable emotions. You wan chop ban for 10 days by then the friendly would have been playing and you will not make a comment. Mulu akor!

If you talk nonsense I go tell you say you talk nonsense

Jail term on Nairaland ? I guess your life revolves around Nairaland that you take such serious

Smh
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:12pm On Oct 08, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
It wasn't between CAF and SuperSports. It was between CAF and Lagerdere Sports.

The dispute at first affected SuperSports b'cos CAF was looking to cancel their contract with Lagerdere and move over to SuperSports, Proper.

So in December last year, CAF won the first battle against Lagerdere and had the contract cancelled. So this may likely permit the resuming of the SuperSports-CAF relationship.

Oh... I see..

I hope they settle everything soon...
Supersport remains CAF's best option to broadcast games across Africa...

By the way, supersport announced today that they have signee a broadcasting deal with the Ethiopian premier league... Just negodu LMC embarassed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:13pm On Oct 08, 2020
Samueltemi337:
The rohr that I know will start Iheanacho

I still have no problem in rohr starting him but he should buckle up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by geonyte(m): 3:13pm On Oct 08, 2020
Four super eagles player test positive to covid 19
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:14pm On Oct 08, 2020
Okoye is more likely. But Dele have been decent too in camp. Yakubu is the real "rookie" among the three GKs eligible to play but he is already well admired by Rohr in camp.

So yeah.. Okoye is very likely to start.

Danielnino00:
My preffered lineup..

4-2-3-1

GK - Not sure

RB- Ebuehi
CB- Ekong
CB- Ajayi
LB- Sanusi

DM- Agu
CM - Onyeka

LWF -Kalu
AMF- Iwobi
RWF- Chukwueze

CF- Iheanacho

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 3:15pm On Oct 08, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Glad you are getting it. But no... Kingsley Michael was not even the "pure playmaker". He was just the midfield runner. Nwakali was the actual playmaker. He dictated play from deep most times at the U-17 WC and the FIFA study group specially mentioned the rarity of seeing a coach use a "Number 10" at that level (cadet level) to dictate/playmake from deep positions in midfield. They were astounded at the tactics and commended it.

So my point is this. Yes, Nwakali can function as a #10 but he is a born and natural DLP. So CM suits him much much more.

And finally... It is still very early to be talking about Nwakali in the Eagles now. I remember I pointed out to Chris in a discussion that I won't have Nwakali being invited now. I need to see more of him in La Liga. Let him show more of himself in La Liga. After that, then at any point in 2021, his invite will be inevitable. So take it step by step and ACCEPT THAT IWOBI IS OUR TEAM'S First choice AM.

Inugo? wink

There is no need to twist and turn these discussions because its actually very simple. The common denominator here is "attacking midfielder" and all these other prefixes are subjective. You can use your own words to define these positions and they wont be wrong. I used pure because he functioned further up than Nwakali, whether you chose to call him a " midfield runner" is your choice, alone. That's NOT the final definition, inugo.

And , finally, I didn't say invite him now, you are way smarter than that. But , additionally, you DONT decide when I call for any players invitation. Slow your roll.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:16pm On Oct 08, 2020
eazyjakes:

They went for partey because of quality....price/money is a factor in almost every facet of life....what you stand to gain from sth will determine how much you willing to pay or invest in it.....Arsenal paid £45m for Partey cos they believe he is properly valued at that price and thats almost same price they were unwilling to pay for Aouar cos he was not worth that price in their own valuation and not because they didnt had the money to pay!

If there was no gap in the contract of Partey, do you think Arsenal would cough up to £70m for him?

If no, there is no case here. Despite Ndidi's rep, he will cost way above £60m or even £70m. So clubs are not fighting for his signature.

Gerrit?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:17pm On Oct 08, 2020
No Sir. Results not yet out.

https://twitter.com/thenff/status/1314205135703162880?s=19

From @TheNFF:

News Alert: Please discountenance any reports that some of our players tested positive to COVID 19 ahead of tomorrow's friendly game against Algeria.
It is a blatant falsehood.
The writer of the story, who was not part of the press conference earlier today, totally misrepresented what Coach Rohr said that since the outbreak of the pandemic, four of our players had tested positive, but were all now fully recovered from the virus and back in action.
The results of the COVID 19 tests carried out on the Super Eagles ahead of tomorrow's game are still being awaited.

#SoarSuperEagles #Team9jaStrong

geonyte:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 3:17pm On Oct 08, 2020
andrewbaba44:

If you talk nonsense I go tell you say you talk nonsense

Jail term on Nairaland ? I guess your life revolves around Nairaland that you take such serious

Smh

Correct Nigga grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 3:17pm On Oct 08, 2020
Danielnino00:

Who is Kaita?? undecided

Kante, sorry.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by IDENNAA(m): 3:20pm On Oct 08, 2020
AndSunGorilla:

Can he play goalie and striker too?

Jokes are allowed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 3:23pm On Oct 08, 2020
Danielnino00:
My preffered lineup..

4-2-3-1

GK - Not sure

RB- Ebuehi
CB- Ekong
CB- Ajayi
LB- Sanusi

DM- Agu
CM - Onyeka

LWF -Kalu
AMF- Iwobi
RWF- Chukwueze

CF- Iheanacho

Ebuehi should just keep fit this season as he has suffered enough ,good he had played all twente games so far

Good line up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:26pm On Oct 08, 2020
IDENNAA:

Kante, sorry.
Kante is a CM, so his ball carrying skills are better..

Give me a list of modern day DMs!! Come on!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eazyjakes(m): 3:27pm On Oct 08, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

If there was no gap in the contract of Partey, do you think Arsenal would cough up to £70m for him?

If no, there is no case here. Despite Ndidi's rep, he will cost way above £60m or even £70m. So clubs are not fighting for his signature.

Gerrit?
They wont pay £70m for partey because they also have their own valuation of the player despite his qaulity. Valuation is two ways-seller and buyer. No matter the price a seller puts on a commodity, a buyer will only purchase that product if the product meets his(buyer’s) valuation. This is the reason why there are negotiations so both parties can reach a common ground. But the product will be of the qaulity the buyer wants FIRST before he will go into such negotiations!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by temi1290: 3:28pm On Oct 08, 2020
mostob:
You have to consider team chemistry before choosing your team. Onuachu cannot thrive with Kalu and Samu flanking him. UNLESS Rohr wanna go the liverpool way by instructing both FBs to overlap and whip in crosses.

What's stopping Rohr from instructing the fb to overlap and whip in crosses
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by geonyte(m): 3:30pm On Oct 08, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
No Sir. Results not yet out.

https://twitter.com/thenff/status/1314205135703162880?s=19

From @TheNFF:

News Alert: Please discountenance any reports that some of our players tested positive to COVID 19 ahead of tomorrow's friendly game against Algeria.
It is a blatant falsehood.
The writer of the story, who was not part of the press conference earlier today, totally misrepresented what Coach Rohr said that since the outbreak of the pandemic, four of our players had tested positive, but were all now fully recovered from the virus and back in action.
The results of the COVID 19 tests carried out on the Super Eagles ahead of tomorrow's game are still being awaited.

#SoarSuperEagles #Team9jaStrong

tnx dear,saw it as breaking news from TVC news
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:30pm On Oct 08, 2020
Goal.com article on Iwobi.... Timely.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:31pm On Oct 08, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Okoye is more likely. But Dele have been decent too in camp. Yakubu is the real "rookie" among the three GKs eligible to play but he is already well admired by Rohr in camp.

So yeah.. Okoye is very likely to start.

Well. It will be good for Okoye's confidence....
I'd like to see all 3 GKs play the friendlies...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:31pm On Oct 08, 2020
Edopesin:

Dave na Arsenal fan
Na you force me join cos your yardstick no balance and was indirectly hitting on your Chelsea. I never joined from onset.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:32pm On Oct 08, 2020
geonyte:
Abeg. . Make una dey calm down.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:32pm On Oct 08, 2020
It was necessary to bring in all those terms and definitions b'cos the role Nwakali played at Chile 2015 was indeed a strange one. He almost always sat too deep in midfield dictating the plays yet once in a while, you see him burst forward at speed (he's got a deceptive kinda pace) to even have a go at goal and keep influencing plays higher up the pitch.

With that said, I have already affirmed he can indeed function comfortably as an AM. So you right to call him an AM/CAM if need be. But his very best is always seen as a CM/DLP. He is a born Regista. That is the whole point.

And it's okay. I didn't say you called for his invite. I just said it is kinda early to be discussing him in the Eagles. I have always mentioned Nwakali in the light of the Eagles too but I do so with eyes on the near future. Not now. But I also try to limit it b'cos some here would always misunderstand without reading. It is as if the mention of Nwakali bites some.

So Odenigbo Nwanne, that is all. Nwakali's time will surely come in the Super Eagles as long as he keeps it up at Huesca in La Liga. Finito. wink

IDENNAA:

There is no need to twist and turn these discussions because its actually very simple. The common denominator here is "attacking midfielder" and all these other prefixes are subjective. You can use your own words to define these positions and they wont be wrong. I used pure because he functioned further up than Nwakali, whether you chose to call him a " midfield runner" is your choice, alone. That's NOT the final definition, inugo.

And , finally, I didn't say invite him now, you are way smarter than that. But , additionally, you DONT decide when I call for any players invitation. Slow your roll.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 3:32pm On Oct 08, 2020
jihday:
Knowing Rohr, some players may not play

This wont make sense na

This is the best time to test all of them

He can make use of them in both matches and still not lose cohesion.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:33pm On Oct 08, 2020
You welcome. I saw the TVC post on twitter too but I needed more clarification. It's well. Well done. wink

geonyte:
tnx dear,saw it as breaking news from TVC news

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 3:34pm On Oct 08, 2020
temi1290:

What's stopping Rohr from instructing the fb to overlap and whip in crosses
Only him can answer that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 3:35pm On Oct 08, 2020
Edopesin:

There's no yardstick that will prove this, I have more trophies in the past 10years than Atletico in 30 years grin we no even be mate if we jam today
let them catch you now. Be calling trophies there. Lampard go hearam.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9708) (9709) (9710) (9711) (9712) (9713) (9714) ... (16354) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Philosopher1979, dijon, mekabuachi, M7even(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.