Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,994 members, 7,852,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:51 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (9849) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11879012 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9846) (9847) (9848) (9849) (9850) (9851) (9852) ... (16252) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 5:46pm On Oct 19, 2020
ChrisKels:

Onauchu is fantastic, thing is that our clueless coach set him up to fail. Talk of giving a dog a bad name, so as to hang it. You cant have Paul leading your lines while playing inverted wingers, thus denying your point man some decent crosses.
So who are the wingers that we have that can supply him with the "decent crosses"?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Strugglingman: 5:50pm On Oct 19, 2020
The disrespect on ndidi is real around here

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:50pm On Oct 19, 2020
Philosopher1979:
MY WIFE JUST GAVE BIRTH TO A BABY GIRL.
IM HAPPY. SOMEBODY CONGRATULATE ME

Oh wow... I am elated for you my good man. May she become to you one that will always bring you Joy, pride and many good things.

Big congrats on this beautiful happening. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 5:51pm On Oct 19, 2020
komekn:

[s]Unfortunately our preferences are not reflected in the football market.

Ndidi for reasons unknown has not been able to generate interest in his outstanding talent by big clubs, WHY ❓

It's not about price alone.

Arsenal went to go and get Athletico Madrid DM Partey, Everton decided to go for Dacour from relegated Watford. Going back in time even PSG preferred a much older Gueye and paid £30 million for him, than go for a supposed much better Ndidi.

So step back, put aside your emotive preferences and there has to be a reason.

When Cardiff was in the EPL Sol Bamba had better stats than Virgil Van Dyke. But nobody came in for him Bamba he is back in the Championship with Cardiff. The question is Why❓

The decision to buy a player will not test entirely on statistics. Because statistics are indicative and not conclusive, there are many things that are not captured by stats.

With regards to Ndidi, he will not make the England team. His passing range is very limited and his ability to change the game offensively limited. There are other DM who do this much better than him.

Again putting emotive sentiment and national preference aside. However, if he adds s better passing range and tactical game management that they noise game, then he could see himself in a much bigger team. [/s]

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:52pm On Oct 19, 2020
charlesemeka85:
oga stop ranting, ovie and lookman only applied for change of allegiance early this year and it takes up to 10-11 months to be cleared especially when it concerns the english fa

Sorry very sorry you don't know what you are talking about.

Ovie made his commitment to Nigeria over two years.

Ademola Lookman near a a year ago.

But you have evaded question of why it has taken so long. That question cannot be answered by " beer parlour" analysis but in line with the FIFA regulatory guidelines and provisions and the process management.

But you anchor your position on NOTHING but opinionated assumptive ignorance.

Otherwise please substantiate your position with facts or if you like precedence that creates convention in practice.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 5:54pm On Oct 19, 2020
Congratulations, congrats on the new addition

Philosopher1979:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:54pm On Oct 19, 2020
Wrong. The disrespect is emanating from only one corner of this house. The KOMEKNISH corner. Just don't take it too seriously. Lol

Strugglingman:
The disrespect on ndidi is real around here

9 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by JorgedeToledo: 5:55pm On Oct 19, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Lol... Well thing is if he still wanted England then he would not have applied for a switch in the first place. Once his switch to Nigeria is complete, there is no going back. wink

So yes, Lookman is coming home. grin

Okay, thanks.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 5:57pm On Oct 19, 2020
Philosopher1979:

Congratulations to you and your family.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:58pm On Oct 19, 2020
smartsmith0907:

lolzzz what are you talking about what do you know ....am telling you the fact...i have several documents and paperworks to back this up so shut F**k and learn for the first time in damned life.

An educated, wise and informed man, allows the the substance of his position to speak for him.

An illiterate and ignorant man decends to the gutter with vitriolic rhetoric and derogatory diction.

Why because Ignorance cannot overcome Knowledge.

It's what our thuggish politicians do in thier inability to convince by substance they resort to violent thuggery as an option, to impose their position.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:01pm On Oct 19, 2020
komekn:

Unfortunately our preferences are not reflected in the football market.

Ndidi for reasons unknown has not been able to generate interest in his outstanding talent by big clubs, WHY ❓

Arsenal went to go and get Athletico Madrid DM Partey, Everton decided to go for Dacour from relegated Watford. Going back in time even PSG preferred a much older Gueye and paid £30 million for him, than go for a supposed much better Ndidi.

When Cardiff was in the EPL Sol Bamba had better stats than Virgil Van Dyke. But nobody came in for him Bamba he is back in the Championship with Cardiff. The question is Why❓

The decision to buy a player will not test entirely on statistics. Because statistics are indicative and not conclusive, there are many things that are not captured by stats.

With regards to Ndidi, he will not make the England team. His passing range is very limited and his ability to change the game offensively limited. There are other DM who do this much better than him.

Again putting emotive sentiment and national preference aside. However, if he adds s better passing range and tactical game management that they noise game, then he could see himself in a much bigger team.

Wilfred ndidi is 23 and its not compulsory he will join a big club at 23, vvd was almost 28 when he joined liverpool and the rest is history

Partey offers something different from ndidi and arsenal needs something different and thomas should be the cheaper player, not taking his qualities away

Trust me i dont want ndidi at everton even thou they are a better club than leicester, even doucoure and ndidi are 2 different type of players self

But ndidi wont go for 30 million, psg prefer cheap players this days after the neymar purchase , go and check it and see for your self, Gueye made it to a big club at 30 and you are saying such about ndidi who is just 23 ? you need to calm down

Sol bamba was 34 while playing for cardiff in the epl and you expected teams to come for him, bamba was never better than VVD forget that one you dey yarn, you must be deluded for expecting a team like liverpool to go for a 34 year old bamba who boast of just championship experience or others bigger team because you think bamba is a thiago silva, ramos pique or bonucci and some few others (These are players who can get big clubs at their age 33 upward)

Ndidi will not make england team that boast of kalvin phillip of leeds starting and harry winks, with all due respect you are MAD

Harry winks and kalvin phillip are not half the player ndidi is

This guy is just 23 for crying out loud

I for like argue with person wey know ball walai

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:02pm On Oct 19, 2020
smartsmith0907:
chaiiii lookman nah baller and he will be a huge steal I will even try to know his switch of allegiance stage before southgate start to reason am. the dude is talent omor chuks need to sit tight now !!!!!
That guy will give Chucks a run for his money. He'd be a big threat to Chukwueze's position as a starter.

I think Chuks is beginning to be complacent about his place in the team as he's yet to have a real competition. He's one of our players with the guarantee of a starting role- Ndidi, Osimhen, Aribo, Iwobi.

CHUKWUEZE IS BEGGINING TO TAKE HIS STARTING SHIRT FOR GRANTED

His complacency apparently beginning to affecte his performance lately. Even at his clubside.

This is why I think Lookman is the player we need most and urgently to join our NT. That will surely reset his (Chuks) brain and force him to fukking sit right.

We need Lookman fast!

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 6:02pm On Oct 19, 2020
komekn:

Unfortunately our preferences are not reflected in the football market.

llqll

Again putting emotive sentiment and national preference aside. However, if he adds s better passing range and tactical game management that they noise game, then he could see himself in a much bigger team.

For once i agree with you
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:04pm On Oct 19, 2020
Philosopher1979:

For once i agree with you

You agreed with him for once and for nonsense and at the wrong time, you should have waited a little longer to see if he would spit the facts and say something reasonable

You agree ndidi will not make england team but harry winks and kalvin phillips are making the team

I reserve my rest comment because i feel you didnt read the rubbish newspaper he wrote up there

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 6:08pm On Oct 19, 2020
andrewbaba44:

Wilfred ndidi is 23 and its not compulsory he will join a big club at 23, vvd was almost 28 when he joined liverpool and the rest is history

Partey offers something different from ndidi and arsenal needs something different and thomas should be the cheaper player, not taking his qualities away

Trust me i dont want ndidi at everton even thou they are a better club than leicester, even doucoure and ndidi are 2 different type of players self

But ndidi wont go for 30 million, psg prefer cheap players this days after the neymar purchase , go and check it and see for your self, Gueye made it to a big club at 30 and you are saying such about ndidi who is just 23 ? you need to calm down

Sol bamba was 34 while playing for cardiff in the epl and you expected teams to come for him, bamba was never better than VVD forget that one you dey yarn, you must be deluded for expecting a team like liverpool to go for a 34 year old bamba who boast of just championship experience or others bigger team because you think bamba is a thiago silva, ramos pique or bonucci and some few others (These are players who can get big clubs at their age 33 upward)

Ndidi will not make england team that boast of kalvin phillip of leeds starting and harry winks, with all due respect you are MAD

E say with all due respect grin

Midfielders like Dier, Delph, Philips and Winks makes England team but Ndidi will not grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:11pm On Oct 19, 2020
Westbrom looks more balanced at the back with Hegazi and Ivanovic, unlike what Ajayi and the other guy offered

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:12pm On Oct 19, 2020
andrewbaba44:

I counted three major flying kicks by Andy all at bolded. Hahahahaha... grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chuks404: 6:13pm On Oct 19, 2020
My vexation with rohr is how algerians won us with the same strategy. Truth is that the man keep delivering in real matches which his records shows. I don't believe those matches he won were a function of individual brilliance because there is no how a person in the field sees more than the coach unless you are calling rohr a daft( which he is not). I believe the man is improving and must have realised his mistakes. on onachu case, whether he received or didn't receive cross,whether is the fault of the coaches or not, truth is that guy needs to stay clear from super eagles and sort out his deficiencies till the next coach . Let's try other strikers who will use their intelligence to win us games since rohr is so daft a person to coach(which he is not). Tactics is not moi moi. At times we should be mild with our bashing knowing Rohr is a professional who has coached for years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Philosopher1979: 6:17pm On Oct 19, 2020
andrewbaba44:

You agreed with him for once and for nonsense and at the wrong time, you should have waited a little longer to see if he would spit the facts and say something reasonable

You agree ndidi will not make england team but harry winks and kalvin phillips are making the team

I reserve my rest comment because i feel you didnt read the rubbish n ewspaper he wrote up there

Ndidi's passing range is limited and his ability to be creative and contribute to attack is limited. Okay he cannot pass like Sunday Oliseh or to br recent Jorginho.
Its why i dont fully embrace ndidi

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 6:24pm On Oct 19, 2020
chuks404:
True, rohr may be tactically weak we all know thatt but for onuachu, he is good but not fantastic. Pls rewatch games onuachu played for us apart from the egypt match. You are right about playing inverted wingers but thats what we have. At least i saw a good cross which he wasted lets not even talk about corner kicks.Guy is slow, can't even win aerial duels, can't press,can't link up or even play with his wingers and midfielders. Adaptation is part of the game. At least he was given instruction before the games. Most we now try to suit someone who wants others to work to feed him crosses ten times before converting one. How many wingers today even cross like that. Genk yes is performing but the coach won't be there forever. His pattern is stereotyped, very easy to be marked out. Same iheanacho that doesnt play week in ,week out came in and scored. See truth is others should be tested he has tried. I rather build my team around a striker like osimhen than onuach.
Guy I agree with you 100%

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:28pm On Oct 19, 2020
komekn:

But you have evaded question of why it has taken so long. That question cannot be answered by " beer parlour" analysis but in line with the FIFA regulatory guidelines and provisions and the process management.

Otherwise please substantiate your position with facts or if you like precedence that creates convention in practice.

You are still talking rubbish...

Making commitment to a country is one thing... Applying for a switch of nationality is another thing...

Since how many months did Lookman and Ejaria apply for their switch?

Again, despite your so called knowledge of English football,why are you hell bent on ignoring the fact that it has been mentioned before that it is hard for English born players to switch allegiance because of the process involved...
Why will the NFF be running around to get the players to switch allegiance and then delay it? What's the sense in that??

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 6:31pm On Oct 19, 2020
Philosopher1979:

Congrats man....

Take care of her well well becos my jnr Will be coming for her very soon
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 6:32pm On Oct 19, 2020
Danielnino00:

You are still talking rubbish...

Making commitment to a country is one thing... Applying for a switch of nationality is another thing...

Since how many months did Lookman and Ejaria apply for their switch?

Again, despite your so called knowledge of English football,why are you hell bent on ignoring the fact that it has been mentioned before that it is hard for English born players to switch allegiance because of the process involved...
Why will the NFF be running around to get the players to switch allegiance and then delay it? What's the sense in that??

And to think that one of the person involved in this process is Tunde Adelakun who is in UK.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 6:33pm On Oct 19, 2020
komekn:

First of all Ndidi as good as he is is limited to DM and that's essentially it.

Rueben Loftus-Cheek is far more versatile, technically superior, one thing Ndidi beats him on emphatically is he is not Injury prone like Rueben.

Finally, no prejudice for those who think Ndidi is world class. Do you think Ndidi will displace anybody in the England midfield❓

Abeg list the current English midfielders

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 6:34pm On Oct 19, 2020
Philosopher1979:
Congrats!! God bless, baby and her mum!!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:37pm On Oct 19, 2020
Etebo sends in a ball that wins a penalty. Falcao takes it and makes it.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Karlovich: 6:38pm On Oct 19, 2020
komekn:

For someone who lives in the UK and claims to understand British football you are completely ignorant about nationality switch amongst UK nations, you are searching for FIFA regulation. Let me give you a few instances-The same FIFA regulation that prevented Mikel Arteta and Carlo Cudicini from playing for England didn't stop Loic Nego from representing Hungary having reprented France at youth level and Zeca for Greece having played for Portugal at youth level. Nacho Novo was prevented from playing for Scotland despite meeting the residency and eligibility requirements whereas Deco and Pepe didn't have any issue with Portugal. Troy Deeney couldn't play for Northern Ireland having qualified through his great-grandfather, but Mauro Camoranesi played for Italy because his great-grandfather was from there, for the last time stop disgracing yourself, eligibility requirements for UK teams are different from other nations the same way switching from England or from UK teams takes time, Ghana had similar issues with Emmanuel Frimpong, James McClean had similar issues when switching from Northern Ireland to Republic of Ireland.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:38pm On Oct 19, 2020
Philosopher1979:

Ndidi's passing range is limited and his ability to be creative and contribute to attack is limited. Okay he cannot pass like Sunday Oliseh or to br recent Jorginho.
Its why i dont fully embrace ndidi

I don’t want him to pass like Jorginho who is not a world class player

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Olulong(m): 6:43pm On Oct 19, 2020
Etebo's passing range is impressive cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrewbaba44: 6:44pm On Oct 19, 2020
Philosopher1979:

Congrats to you and your family

Blessings
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:46pm On Oct 19, 2020
komekn:

Will Iwobi smell the England team, answer the question honestly.

Thats your answer with regards to Rueben.

Lingard went to the world cup with England and has up to 24 English caps but Iwobi won't smell the English NT

Continue to talk rubbish

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Subzero047: 6:47pm On Oct 19, 2020
TheSuperNerd:
Let time do the telling. wink

You should have

(1) (2) (3) ... (9846) (9847) (9848) (9849) (9850) (9851) (9852) ... (16252) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bbdot(m), Amedino99(m), Giv3n, iamdynamite(m), Lawag3 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.