Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4620) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11664807 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4617) (4618) (4619) (4620) (4621) (4622) (4623) ... (16150) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:42pm On Aug 30, 2018
ChrisKels:
If this is true, then, I pray it goes through because Okonkwo is super talented.

Nigeria U20 Coach Target Highly Rated Arsenal & England Youth International Goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo

Nigeria are aiming to lure 16 year old Arsenal goalkeeper Arthur Okonkwo to the U-20 team despite his presence statue as a player for the U17 team of England, Owngoalnigeria.com understands.

Coach of the Nigerian team Paul Aigbogun is based in London with his family, where he plans to hold talks with players of Nigerian descent who are representing various youth teams in England in view of calling them up to his team.

We gathered Okonkwo is among the players pencilled down for talks as the Nigerian team who are already through to the African Youth Championship are looking for more options in the goalkeeping area of the team.

Okonkwo, who is already 6ft 5in, is seen as one of Arsenal’s most promising youngsters with a genuine chance of making the first team and is regarded highly in the England set-up.

Okonkwo is keen to stay at Arsenal but the club’s purge on contracts means they stand to lose him as he can walk away as a free agent in the summer.

Arsenal have offered him a scholarship with a professional contract to follow when he turns 17 in September but no agreement has been reached.
good from Aigbogun

Hope he's ready to make the big cuts if he has to.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:47pm On Aug 30, 2018
chrisooblog:
did your eye not see where i said KC doesn't deserve his call up.

guy you are smarter than this was ajagun ever an outstanding player in any club he played for? please post his above average stats let everybody judge

the gassed out echejiele is still with monaco by the way plus with him we won afcon. please remind me what did we win with a fully gassed taiwo.

ogu pulled trees, ndidi pulled trees, iwobi was decent, etebo sef try

due process followed when players you like or fancy are called up.

rabiu doesn't deserve a call up same as nwakali how is that controversial ni tori Olorun?

If you are against mediocre why are you defending his call up stylishly?

How can you know of other player outside your comfort zone?

You are asking if Ajagun was ever an outstanding player in any club he played for and you think you are smarter for asking such unintelligent question when it is all over the net for you to know!? Hmm!

Do you know Abdul was Dolphin most outstanding player when it won the NPFL?

Do you know Abdul walked straight into Panathinaikos team after his exploit with Dolphin?

Do you know this same Panathinaikos team is the most successful Greece club in Europe and the 2nd most successful club in Greece yet he walked into the team?

Do you know he was a starter for two and a half season before a change of coach?

Do you know Abdul won one MOTM in one of the matches that led them to win Greece FA cup yet he was not called?

Do you know he played in the Europa league with Panathinaikos and even scored?

Do you know he won MOTMs and team of the week in the Eredivise (something Kelechi Nwakali couldn't do until he was demoted to the second division of Eredivise) yet he is ignored?

Do you know Abdul won MOTMs and team of the week in the Belgium league just last season yet the coach and peeps like you want us to believe Kelechi is in the same level with Abdul?

How can you know all these when your focus is you?

Without the help of the national team Iwobi, Ndidi , Etebor and Ogu for dey one obscure league. Gbam!

For your information Rabiu club is far better than that division two league of course.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:51pm On Aug 30, 2018
ChrisKels:

Uche Ikpeazu, the battering ram is looking good here oo, but Hey! It's the Scotish league, nothing really special though his team tops the Table. This is one bullish youth sensation that couldn't make a step up from youth football to men/professional football while in England. Dude was a total fiasco in England at all division, hence he was somewhat a journey man moving from one tier 2&3 club to another on loan without any success. He showed promises growing up just like a certain Chuba Akpom but these two are yet to prove themselves professionally to deserve any look in for the national team. I wish him the best even with his awkward surname(Ikpeazu) that I guess is causing him hard luck.

Icon4s na ur village boy be this ooo. grin

Ur brother wey get same name dun do civil servants 30, back home. Dude dey owe workers like die

O boy, how you take know?

Okezie Ikpeazu na my brother o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:54pm On Aug 30, 2018
chrisooblog:
egbon me sef weak. as per the likes don't be surprised if it's one of the usual suspects because i saw one jumping around like a hyper active kid high on sugar just because i mentioned his favourite player

You had better remove sentiment from your head and think uprightly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 3:13pm On Aug 30, 2018
Ove ejaria scores for Rangers, against Ufa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Rockyrascal(m): 3:14pm On Aug 30, 2018
Ejaria just scored for rangers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:20pm On Aug 30, 2018
komekn:

Look at the way they play the speed, intensity and passing movement. If you can find a full match better.

Most teams in league two will play with emphasis on speed and physicality. So it becomes very difficult to play good technical football, however if you can, then stepping up becomes much easier. That's why Ebere Eze has found the step up to the Championship much easier.

To think this was a 3-0 loss u are talking about. I can imagine if they had drawn or won.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 3:41pm On Aug 30, 2018
Icon4s:

O boy, how you take know?

Okezie Ikpeazu na my brother o.

Lol Icon4s I know u more than u can ever Imagine oo. If to say here no be pub forum, I for tell u ur real names. When last did u c Uche Okechukwu sef?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 3:44pm On Aug 30, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

To think this was a 3-0 loss u are talking about. I can imagine if they had drawn or won.

They were always going to get finished against Bournemouth.

I am making comparison with leagues.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:08pm On Aug 30, 2018
ChrisKels:

Lol Icon4s I know u more than u can ever Imagine oo. If to say here no be pub forum, I for tell u ur real names. When last did u c Uche Okechukwu sef?

O boy no go there o.... Even though I am not so sure you know me reach like that.

Well as for "De Uche"( as those of us younger than him fondly call him) I last saw him at my Late Dad's funeral just few years back. Although we still communicate on social media. He runs an academy right there in Abia.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:14pm On Aug 30, 2018
grin grin grin grin looooooooooooooooooool

very typical crying like a baby sorry o voltron of ajagun the midfielder of our time

the only player in nigerian league to win title outstandingly

the jagun ajagun of panathanikos who walked on water straight into first team

the man who won on... sorry a million motm awards in belgium holland

the man who conquered europe sorry europa with a single goal

the man whose name evokes tears, hurt and gnashing of teeth

zidane maradona and pele are in awe of his name

everybody help me beg the ADC of ajagun for blaspheming his ogas name before he reports me to presidency, america or united nations

forgiveness:

If you are against mediocre why are you defending his call up stylishly?

How can you know of other player outside your comfort zone?

You are asking if Ajagun was ever an outstanding player in any club he played for and you think you are smarter for asking such unintelligent question when it is all over the net for you to know!? Hmm!

Do you know Abdul was Dolphin most outstanding player when it won the NPFL?

Do you know Abdul walked straight into Panathinaikos team after his exploit with Dolphin?

Do you know this same Panathinaikos team is the most successful Greece club in Europe and the 2nd most successful club in Greece yet he walked into the team?

Do you know he was a starter for two and a half season before a change of coach?

Do you know Abdul won one MOTM in one of the matches that led them to win Greece FA cup yet he was not called?

Do you know he played in the Europa league with Panathinaikos and even scored?

Do you know he won MOTMs and team of the week in the Eredivise (something Kelechi Nwakali couldn't do until he was demoted to the second division of Eredivise) yet he is ignored?

Do you Abdul won MOTMs and team of the week in the Belgium league just last season yet the coach and peeps like you want us to believe Kelechi is in the same level with Abdul?

How can you know all these when your focus is you?

Without the help of the national team Iwobi, Ndidi , Etebor and Ogu for dey one obscure league. Gbam!

For your information Rabiu club is far better than that division two league of course.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 4:17pm On Aug 30, 2018
the guilty are always uncomfortable didn't mention names but your conscience would not allow you ignore my comment

forgiveness:

You had better remove sentiment from your head and think uprightly.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:21pm On Aug 30, 2018
KpagoGIN:

Just take a chill and be rest assured the day Ezenwa gets delisted it have end be that, it just a matter of time.

Lol

I believe his days in the eagles are numbered
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:24pm On Aug 30, 2018
komekn:

They were always going to get finished against Bournemouth.

I am making comparison with leagues.

Remember that Eddie Howe made 10 changes and they still got bashed. As long as they are human they will always offer resistance but gra gra doesn't mean you dey the same level.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 4:57pm On Aug 30, 2018
forgiveness:

Is Iheanacho in the same level with Vardy?

U be the judge of that. Decide who is on the same level. But before you do, try put things into proper perspective. All things being equal
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:14pm On Aug 30, 2018
chrisooblog:
grin grin grin grin looooooooooooooooooool

very typical crying like a baby sorry o voltron of ajagun the midfielder of our time

the only player in nigerian league to win title outstandingly

the jagun ajagun of panathanikos who walked on water straight into first team

the man who won on... sorry a million motm awards in belgium holland

the man who conquered europe sorry europa with a single goal

the man whose name evokes tears, hurt and gnashing of teeth

zidane maradona and pele are in awe of his name

everybody help me beg the ADC of ajagun for blaspheming his ogas name before he reports me to presidency, america or united nations

Crying! I know bigot like you will resort to subjective rant devoid of objective reasoning.

What a pity! Tah! tah! tah!

Accept you lied big time and move on. That's all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:19pm On Aug 30, 2018
chrisooblog:
the guilty are always uncomfortable didn't mention names but your conscience would not allow you ignore my comment

I only advised you to grow beyond subjective reasoning but you're here speaking in an unknown tongue.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:22pm On Aug 30, 2018
kennysville:

U be the judge of that. Decide who is on the same level. But before you do, try put things into proper perspective. All things being equal

Me!?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:05pm On Aug 30, 2018
Truidstar:
1. English Premiership
2. English Championship
3. German Bundesliga
4. German 2nd Division
5. Spanish La Liga
6. Spanish 2nd Division
7. Italian Serie A
8. French Ligue 1
9. Belgian pro division
10. Portuguese league
11. Turkish league
12. Dutch Erevedisie

This is where the bulk of players should be selected from. If the NFF Technical Committee knows their job (I stand to be corrected) They should tell Rohr to pick his players from the leagues above. A player who decides to go to China or Saudi Arabia is putting himself first before the National Team.
The NFF should set up a data center to monitor players in the above leagues. Players will be invited based on stats related to performance and not on sentiments.

I will agree with you to some extent. However, I think players in the top 10 best leagues in Europe and in a top club consistent in Europe should only be considered. Ukrainian, Russian and Austrian top club players should be considered.

I think players that have played in top clubs and SE before moving for money to China should also be considered.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 6:15pm On Aug 30, 2018
Folks here like to de do irrelevant comparison between Average Nigerian players and their Established foreign counterparts...

Such Comparison is becoming stale.

If you wan support/cheer them, do so. If na criticism do so. Whatever you choose, do it without bringing in players of other nationality (except we are discussing APOTY list).

Enough of all these Nacho/Mbappe/Vardy/Martial/Rashford comparison, V. Moses/Salah comparison, Ighalo/Cavanni, etc It is very obvious that Presently, They are all not on the same level. Comparing them will only lead to unhealthy discussion as most posters here become emotional to this kind of discourse(which I don't blame them for shifting towards theirs)

Ever since we have been making comparisons, it has done them no good.

IT WILL BE MORE BETTER IF WE MAKE COMPARISON WITHIN THE NATIONAL TEAM PLAYERS-i.e comparing NIGERIAN PLAYERS TO NIGERIAN PLAYERS.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 6:18pm On Aug 30, 2018
UEFA GROUP STAGE

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 6:26pm On Aug 30, 2018
elyte89:
UEFA GROUP STAGE
How many Nigerians do we have this year in the Champions League
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:26pm On Aug 30, 2018
He don enter Rohr radar be that. Someone is happy already.

ChrisKels:
Seyi Ojo joins Reims on loan. Would u rather he left for a championship club than a relegation fighting team in the ligue 1?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:31pm On Aug 30, 2018
Icon4s:

O boy no go there o.... Even though I am not so sure you know me reach like that.

Well as for "De Uche"( as those of us younger than him fondly call him) I last saw him at my Late Dad's funeral just few years back. Although we still communicate on social media. He runs an academy right there in Abia.

Lol no fear, I nogo go there. grin grin

Back to soccer, don't u think Enyimba should try to increase the quality of their Jersey as they just did their turf? That Jersey too ugly and inferior abeg, the design, color, material na whack.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 6:37pm On Aug 30, 2018
elyte89:
UEFA GROUP STAGE
I feel like Galatasary will be able to leave their group

So, Onyekuru, Awaziem, Bonaventure, Olanrewaju set to be in UCL as Nigeria's reps. We should add Echiejile too, but that one no go play, even Idowu, we no too sure

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Farzat: 6:52pm On Aug 30, 2018
Pls someone should take out time to watch Sylvester Igboun of fc Ufa. This guy is one of d most consistent Nigerian player in Europe in d last 3seasons. Why is no one is looking at his direction but instead we are busy begging some FB that only consider us as second option.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:53pm On Aug 30, 2018
safarigirl:
I feel like Galatasary will be able to leave their group

So, Onyekuru, Awaziem, Bonaventure, Olanrewaju set to be in UCL as Nigeria's reps. We should add Echiejile too, but that one no go play, even Idowu, we no too sure

Danjuma for Brugge too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:56pm On Aug 30, 2018
Farzat:
Pls someone should take out time to watch Sylvester Igboun of fc Ufa. This guy is one of d most consistent Nigerian player in Europe in d last 3seasons. Why is no one is looking at his direction but instead we are busy begging some FB that only consider as second option.

Igboun is playing on the left for UFA. We are not lacking in options there. It is not any FB fault.

With Onyekuru, Kalu, Simon Moses, Musa, Isaac Success all capable of playing that role, i doubt Igboun will be getting a look in.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:20pm On Aug 30, 2018
Farzat:
Pls someone should take out time to watch Sylvester Igboun of fc Ufa. This guy is one of d most consistent Nigerian player in Europe in d last 3seasons. Why is no one is looking at his direction but instead we are busy begging some FB that only consider us as second option.

Unguarded shameless divisive bigoted prejudiced.

To make such a conclusion based on your parochial unfounded assumptions smacks of crass ignorance.

Nigerian are Nigerians irrespective of where they are born.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:34pm On Aug 30, 2018
tbaba1234:

Igboun is playing on the left for UFA. We are not lacking in options there. It is not any FB fault.

With Onyekuru, Kalu, Simon Moses, Musa, Isaac Success all capable of playing that role, i doubt Igboun will be getting a look in.

Igboun plays attacking Midfield most times

Is nwakali a good option there ? Hell No

Nigeria highest scoring MIdfielder in Europe for the past 3 seasons
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:44pm On Aug 30, 2018
andrew444:

Igboun plays attacking Midfield most times

Is nwakali a good option there ? Hell No

Nigeria highest scoring MIdfielder in Europe for the past 3 seasons

For UFA, he has been playing on the left throughout this season. That has been his main position.

Last season, he only played as an attacking midfielder in one game. He played mainly as a center forward or on the left. That explains the goal return.

In 3 years, Igboun has played the Attacking Midfield role 2 times.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 7:47pm On Aug 30, 2018
tbaba1234:

Pls stop ..we are not lacking in options" and "where are the options"

(1) (2) (3) ... (4617) (4618) (4619) (4620) (4621) (4622) (4623) ... (16150) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Iview1 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.