Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,077 members, 7,825,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4785) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11731410 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4782) (4783) (4784) (4785) (4786) (4787) (4788) ... (16172) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:16pm On Sep 25, 2018
Icon4s:

Victor Moses na Benin him grow. No be Kaduna. Forget that thing he told the international press. I sabi him reach him Papa House for Benin.

See this your list the number of players wey from Anioma alone or Ajegunle long pass that one o.

Well, Yekini, Amokachi, C. Babayaro and Tijani Babangida are prominent names in Nigerian football. In lag, I can only think of Emmanuel Amunike, Keshi and maybe Siasia as big names. Udeze, Ighalo and co na wash
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:20pm On Sep 25, 2018
tbaba1234:
The Investor at Egypt, Pyramid FC has withdrawn his investment. Players bought will be sold.

Azubuike Okechukwu would be looking for a new club.

This is what is called hit and run. Lol bad guys go understand this better, just promise her heavens, chop clean mouth dey go ur way grin grin

Dem players go dey in limbo now, Nasri and Zlatan dey lucky say dem no fall for this scam. Well I hope dey release Azubuike on a free so that he goes to France to get a modest but decent club.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2018
ChrisKels:

Well, Yekini, Amokachi, C. Babayaro and Tijani Babangida are prominent names in Nigerian football. In lag, I can only think of Emmanuel Amunike, Keshi and maybe Siasia as big names. Udeze, Ighalo and co na wash
More Lag: Taribo West, Sunday Oliseh, Henry Nwosu, Taye Taiwo, Obafemi Martins, Nduka Ugbade, Haruna Elerike. These are the ones I can quickly remember o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:51pm On Sep 25, 2018
Icon4s:

We are coming to paint Gombe Centre blue cheesy

Very tough group IMO. I wish the Aiteo cup was on tv cuz it offers really tasty football. The lesser traveling will show in teams performances.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 4:52pm On Sep 25, 2018
Clerence Seedorf has forced Benjamin Moukandjo into early international retirement with his "no Chinese league player" policy. Nawa oo, his best player and captain for that SMH

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:01pm On Sep 25, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Very tough group IMO. I wish the Aiteo cup was on tv cuz it offers really tasty football. The lesser traveling will show in teams performances.

The organization and Marketing have always been poor. Thank God they have even chosen good venues this time.For eg I saw the Gombe stadium and was really impressed.

There was one year, 2-3 years ago, when the Abuja Centre was played on a ground not different from a school inter-house soprt venue, with Canopies and party chairs arranged for the organisers and officials.

The NFF really need to improve on the way they brand football in this country. They just feel all what the fans need is to know the scores. They forget football is majorly for entertainment. How do we appreciate the FA Cup when we dont get to see these games except until the Final.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:12pm On Sep 25, 2018
ChrisKels:
Clerence Seedorf has forced Benjamin Moukandjo into early international retirement with his "no Chinese league player" policy. Nawa oo, his best player and captain for that SMH

Sebi he drew his first game against Comoros. Him nova Ching ching chong. Make him just wait, no body go tell am to call back those players.

You see what has also happened to Kwasi Appiah of Ghana. He dropped some key old players and then lost to Kenya and now he is under pressure to call them back of which he has succumbed to. He has made a trip down to Europe to meet some of those old players and started saying he has given them New Rules to follow. Bla,bla,bla.

You dont just take over a team and quickly upset the balance in the team at the middle of crucial qualifiers. That is one thing I give Rohr credit for. He took over a team at a crucial time in the qualifiers and rather than dismantling the whole team and start building from afresh (like most Nigerian coaches will do all in the name of building a formidable team for the future) he continued with almost the same players and gradually infused new blood.

Now Seedorf is going to be learning the hard way.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:19pm On Sep 25, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Nothing like tough or weak team in the Nigerian league. To me they are all at the same level. What do you call a league where some times the difference between the champion and relegated team can be less than 10points.

A team wins this season and the next season they are battling relegation grin. A newly promoted team from the NNL will be at pole positions to win the title.

It might sound harsh but if some of the NPFL clubs play in the NNL they might even get relegated grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 5:20pm On Sep 25, 2018
ChrisKels:

Man no be lie, some people tend to bed it towards kaduna because of the Babayaro brothers and others but mehn, Edo and Delta own it. Bendel dey produce players in their numbers, but they seem to be taking their feet off the pedals a bit, recently.

Modified; sadly, this defunct Bendel(Edo and Delta) no get any club(s) in the NPFL anymore. Bendel Insurance is long gone and Warri Wolves has been a big joke since Pinnick left the office, as Delta State minister of sports

The Babayaro brothers are Igbo but grew up in Kaduna
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:21pm On Sep 25, 2018
charlesemeka85:
no one is talking about philip billing anyanwu anymore tongue

Don't you know this thread?

We should all be wary of the initial hype, so that we don't bring another Ogbeche into the squad.

When Leicester beat them, I also asked why we forgot that he also plays for Huddersfield but everyone was instead focused on KC's impressive performance.

cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:22pm On Sep 25, 2018
Icon4s:

Yeah that is Sidi-Usman Abd’Allah. His name does not even sound Nigerian (more like a middle-east Arabic name) grin.
The way he has transformed the side since taking over from Paul Aigbogun is so very remarkable. Enyimba was 3rd in the group and in a space of 3 games he took them to the top of the group. He has brought so much attacking flair to the way the team plays.

He could potentially get a National appointment in the foresee-able future. wink

Too early bro.

smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 25, 2018
Icon4s:

Sebi he drew his first game against Comoros. Him nova Ching ching chong. Make him just wait, no body go tell am to call back those players.

You see what has also happened to Kwasi Appiah of Ghana. He dropped some key old players and then lost to Kenya and now he is under pressure to call them back of which he has succumbed to. He has made a trip down to Europe to meet some of those old players and started saying he has given them New Rules to follow. Bla,bla,bla.

You dont just take over a team and quickly upset the balance in the team at the middle of crucial qualifiers. That is one thing I give Rohr credit for. He took over a team at a crucial time in the qualifiers and rather than dismantling the whole team and start building from afresh (like most Nigerian coaches will do all in the name of building a formidable team for the future) he continued with almost the same players and gradually infused new blood.

Now Seedorf is going to be learning the hard way.
the funny part is if u see these guys running their mouth in the name of analysis.. U will think they I'll make a good coach.. undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:25pm On Sep 25, 2018
darkelf:

Too early bro.

smiley

Did you not see the words ''Could'', ''potentially'' and ''Future''?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:25pm On Sep 25, 2018
Danielnino00:

The award was a complete joke... De Gea ahead of Courtois,Navas and Lloris?
Dani Alves?
Hazard ahead of De Bryune in midfield,??

And that Salah goal wasn't even deserving of d award.. they probably gave it to him as a consolation for missing the world XI

FIFA handled the award like PDP/APC giving political appointments to their cronies.

They just tried to satisfy everyone make riot for no start
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:28pm On Sep 25, 2018
krattoss:
the funny part is if u see these guys running their mouth in the name of analysis.. U will think they I'll make a good coach.. undecided

They are always the best critics and analysts. Just that I just chose to remain optimistic about his chances. I sincerely didn't expect much from him.

Cameroon is too big a football nation to be trying such an experiment. Yeah that is what I see it as.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:30pm On Sep 25, 2018
darkelf:

Don't you know this thread?

We should all be wary of the initial hype, so that we don't bring another Ogbeche into the squad.

When Leicester beat them, I also asked why we forgot that he also plays for Huddersfield but everyone was instead focused on KC's impressive performance.

cheesy

grin A Successful man has so many relatives and friends. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 5:37pm On Sep 25, 2018
Icon4s:

Did you not see the words ''Could'', ''potentially'' and ''Future''?

Yes I saw those words but still, its too early to start considering him, even for the future.

What if Enyimba gets thoroughly beaten in the next round by Raja (like both home and away)

What if (in addition), Enyimba gets relegated this season under him?

Lets first see how he handles them for 3 yrs plus. Then (maybe in 2023), we can start considering him for assistant coach in 2026.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:51pm On Sep 25, 2018
darkelf:

Yes I saw those words but still, its too early to start considering him, even for the future.

What if Enyimba gets thoroughly beaten in the next round by Raja (like both home and away)

What if (in addition), Enyimba gets relegated this season under him?

Lets first see how he handles them for 3 yrs plus. Then (maybe in 2023), we can start considering him for assistant coach in 2026.

I perfectly understand your view. And you are very correct.

But the truth is right now it seems we are short in number of qualified coaches we have based in Nigeria. For someone like Salisu to be our head coach speaks volumes. Amodu Shuaibu has left a big gap that Nigeria has been finding difficult to fill till date. He was a coach that was always there to the rescue as a care-taker coach each time we fire a foreign coach. Lets say if the NFF should fire Rohr tomorrow morning, with Salisu on suspension which of our local coaches do you think has the pedigree that we can quickly contact to handle the Nigeria vs Libya double header?

Abd' Allah, I hope you know is a UEFA licenced coach with some coaching stinks in France. I am not saying he will definitely earn a national team appointment. But my tone was that if he continues to get results in the fore-seeable future he may be contracted to handle any of our national teams. Eevn if Enyimba crashes to Raja Cassablanca, there is the AITEO Cup and next league season to assess him. So no shaking.

And note that I said ''any of our national Teams'' and not necessarily Super Eagles.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:51pm On Sep 25, 2018
And because of this, Seedorf immediately backtracked and included another China-based in Bassogog on his latest list of invitees for next month's Afcon Qualifiers. He is scared Bassogog may follow Moukandjo into retirement or just declare himself unavailable for Cameroun like Matip did with previous coaches.. Lol

ChrisKels:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:57pm On Sep 25, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
And because of this, Seedorf immediately backtracked and included another China-based in Bassogog on his latest list of invitees for next month's Afcon Qualifiers. He is scared Bassogog may follow Moukandjo into retirement or just declare himself unavailable for Cameroun like Matip did with previous coaches.. Lol

It is obvious Seedorf is a learner. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:08pm On Sep 25, 2018
NFF President, Pinnick with Africa's richest man, Aliko Dangote; Oil magnate, Femi Otedola and FIFA president, Infantino at the FIFA "The Best" awards ceremony...

Pinnick says he would be having a discussion with Dangote in a matter of days as regards a possible partnership for Nigerian football.

He also said he lured both rich moguls to see how FIFA rates Nigeria in the eyes of the International community and to witness first hand the international standards of how things are done within football at that level. Talk of trying to show the men that Nigeria is firmly in FIFA's good graces... Lol

Well, time will reveal where all this goes... wink

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:40pm On Sep 25, 2018
safarigirl:
The venue for Nigeria's clash with Libya has been changed back to Uyo once again.

Apparently, the Kaduna stadium wasn't ready

Hallelujah!!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:44pm On Sep 25, 2018
cc12:

The Babayaro brothers are Igbo but grew up in Kaduna

Thats not our argument. They can come from the Ashanti tribe for all I care, what we are discussing is the town that made them. Orji Okonkwo that I targed "Benin boy" no be igbo? But, he is a Benin product, just as Mikel is Jos product, Chinedu Obasi is from Akanu Ohafia in Abia State but he was made in enugu, Okocha is an enugu product but originally from Delta state, Papilo is from Obinkita Arochukwu in Abia State but he is an Owerri product. Plenty of them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:46pm On Sep 25, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
NFF President, Pinnick with Africa's richest man, Aliko Dangote; Oil magnate, Femi Otedola and FIFA president, Infantino at the FIFA "The Best" awards ceremony...

Pinnick says he would be having a discussion with Dangote in a matter of days as regards a possible partnership for Nigerian football.

He also said he lured both rich moguls to see how FIFA rates Nigeria in the eyes of the International community and to witness first hand the international standards of how things are done within football at that level. Talk of trying to show the men that Nigeria is firmly in FIFA's good graces... Lol

Well, time will reveal where all this goes... wink

A Dangote/Otedola partnership with the NFF would be a big boost for our football...

Dangote group or Forte oil should try and sponsor the NPFL self grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 6:51pm On Sep 25, 2018
End of Q3

Argentina-48 vs Nigeria -51

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 7:05pm On Sep 25, 2018
Danielnino00:
End of Q3

Argentina-48 vs Nigeria -51

Let's go babes!!! Hit them harder!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:10pm On Sep 25, 2018
67-62 now... Q4... Nigeria lead.. less than 2 mins left I think.

Let me add that Adaora Elonu is bae... wink She's on fire.. almost perfect in fact.

ChrisKels:

Let's go babes!!! Hit them harder!!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:13pm On Sep 25, 2018
30 secs to go... Arg 66-73 NGA

Akhator!!!

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:19pm On Sep 25, 2018
Game over!!!!

D'TIGRESS roars again!!!! Win number 2.. no team from Africa has more group stage wins at the FIBA WWC in history than Nigeria!!!

Argentina 70-75 Nigeria (D'TIGRESS)

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 25, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Game over!!!!

D'TIGRESS roars again!!!! Win number 2.. no team from Africa has more group stage wins at the FIBA WWC in history than Nigeria!!!

these re the real slay queens wink kiss

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 7:23pm On Sep 25, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Game over!!!!

What a gallant stride!

Big up to the ladies
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 7:32pm On Sep 25, 2018
ChrisKels:

And he just recalled Christian basogog who is also based in China

(1) (2) (3) ... (4782) (4783) (4784) (4785) (4786) (4787) (4788) ... (16172) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m), Longneck, Bazkanova, Caicedo, Kog45(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.