Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,834 members, 7,841,182 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4788) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11815946 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4785) (4786) (4787) (4788) (4789) (4790) (4791) ... (16223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:10am On Sep 26, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

America is the undisputed home of basketball. It is very unfair to expect the NBF to get our players up to that level. There is a court on every corner in the states, even in front of people's houses. The level in Nigeria is improving rapidly but for now the best players are in American. At 14 you could play 50 matches in a year, compare that to the 20 or so grown ups play in Nigeria. I just pray that the FB will change our BBall by doing more clinics in the country to help our grassroots to sprout.

Yeah Sure, the America and basket ball factor. But way back in the 90s we still had Nigerian grown basket ballers in the national Team.
The Americans take college basket ball teams very seriously same for schools in Nigeria then. Like the secondary school I attended used to have a basket ball team, we had a basket ball court. But I understand that the court is no more there as more blocks of Class Rooms have been built on that space. Same went for other schools in Lagos.

The development has to go back to start from the Grass Roots.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 11:16am On Sep 26, 2018
ChrisKels:

Seriously, Ezzy mummy ya is very good

I found her during FIBA Africa....so passionate....gooosh..you could feel her energy....full of craft...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfzCfgqK6x4
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:36am On Sep 26, 2018
Icon4s:

At the first bolded you are telling me an NPFL team cannot lose 5-1 away and win 4-0 at home. What I even described was not a Home and Away thing. If they replay that game at the same venue an Abia Warrior that lost 5-1 can beat Kwara United 4-0. I am just trying to show you that their is no supremacy between these NPFL clubs.

And the second bolded, who says I dont follow the league? Do you know that after the EPL the next league I follow is the NPFL even ahead of the La Liga and Bundesliga? I must have mentioned I no longer follow up to the extent that I used to but that does not mean I do not follow at all. Oga, I was a Nigerian Professional League (NPL) Journalist. I didnt just watch from the TV I visited match venues and interviewed players and coaches.

[b]Your last paragraph underlines the inconsistency I am talking about. [/b]So when I say a club can come from NNL or battle relegation last season and come back to compete for title next season while a tittle winner can battle relegation next season, why did you dispute it?

You need to accept the current reallity of the Nigerian league. It is at its worst state ever.

If u saying something is common and it can easily happen then the least u can do is provide an example. Without an example you don't have anything to stand on.

You told me u don't follow the league, this was when I told u the league is better now and u were arguing.

The bolded is another unfounded statement. When has a club come from the NNL to challenge. Even MFM did not challenge in their first season. For a supposed NPFL reporter you are coming up with all this false statements o.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:40am On Sep 26, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

If u saying something is common and it can easily happen then the least u can do is provide an example. Without an example you don't have anything to stand on.

You told me u don't follow the league, this was when I told u the league is better now and u were arguing.

The bolded is another unfounded statement. When has a club come from the NNL to challenge. Even MFM did not challenge in their first season. For a supposed NPFL reporter you are coming up with all this false statements o.

Well, let me leave you on this argument. Very obviously you are New to the Nigerian league.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:52am On Sep 26, 2018
I wonder why no one comes here no more to make mockery of KC Iheanacho. What is happening? I am not understanding oo grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:52am On Sep 26, 2018
He did a fine job on Lukaku. Tomori is very promising.

ChrisKels:
Who still doubts my high rating of Tomori?

Southgate and Giwa, do u guys now agree with me that Tomori has improved?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:53am On Sep 26, 2018
Icon4s:

Yeah Sure, the America and basket ball factor. But way back in the 90s we still had Nigerian grown basket ballers in the national Team.
The Americans take college basket ball teams very seriously same for schools in Nigeria then. Like the secondary school I attended used to have a basket ball team, we had a basket ball court. But I understand that the court is no more there as more blocks of Class Rooms have been built on that space. Same went for other schools in Lagos.

The development has to go back to start from the Grass Roots.

What was the record of these home grown teams? I am talking about children playing 50 games in a year. After school there is AAU and camps. It would take a complete culture change for basketball to get even remotely close the level they have in the states.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:54am On Sep 26, 2018
Icon4s:

Well, let me leave you on this argument. Very obviously you are New to the Nigerian league.

Or it is pretty obvious that u were wrong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 12:01pm On Sep 26, 2018
ChrisKels:
I wonder why no one comes here no more to make mockery of KC Iheanacho. What is happening? I am not understanding oo grin grin
Because the dude woke up, works hard and seem to have improved since the WC and the departure of Mahrez also helped.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:02pm On Sep 26, 2018
This is too bad. I hope Moses leaves ASAP because he will definitely have big suitors

Zola: Odoi Is Ahead Of Moses At Chelsea

September 25, 2018 7:20 pm
By Johnny Edward:

Chelsea’s assistant manager, Gianfranco Zola has revealed that teenage star, Callum Hudson-Odoi is ahead of the former Nigeria international, Victor Moses currently at the club reports Completesportsnigeria.com.

Moses has made two substitute appearances since the start of the season and has been in and out of the team in the last one month missing the club’s last five games.

Odoi on his part is regarded as the brightest talent from Chelsea’s academy and is seen as the future of the club but he must be patient Zola stated in a pre-match conference on Tuesday.

“Callum has done extremely well in pre-season, one of the players who impressed the most with Ethan Ampadu,” Zola revealed during his press conference on Tuesday.

“They’re two players with bright futures. They are both in contention tomorrow, in the squad, and we will see.”

“We have a lot of players. We didn’t do a big pre-season, so these games can serve as a pre-season to give time for players like Christensen, about Cahill, an opportunity to get games. Callum and Ethan are the future of this club and we are going to take care of them.”

“Don’t forget that, when we played the Community Shield, he (Odoi) was in ahead of players like Victor Moses. If he hasn’t got the consideration of the value, we wouldn’t have done that. He is the future. But he’s in a very competitive team. He has to be patient, wait for his opportunities and, when they come, take them in the best way.”

On the game, the former Chelsea star stated clearly that ‘greedy’ Blues will be out to win the game.

“It is an important game. We are Chelsea and we want to play all our games and try to win all our games.”

“We’ll take it seriously. It’s not Premier League, we know. But because of who we are, what we are, we want to play and play the games as best as we can. So we will tomorrow.

“It’s an opportunity to see players who haven’t have many games so far, so that is an opportunity. But still it will be a good team.”

“Personally, as Chelsea, we are very greedy and want to win both of them if we can, so we are going to try and do the best. The game on Saturday will be huge. Huge… it’s going to be important because of the type of game. It means a lot. Starting from tomorrow, we’re going to be competitive, and then we’ll see what it is like.”

He also ruled out the duo of Antonio Rudiger and Ruben Loftus-Cheek from the game while adding that Pedro Rodriguez is a big doubt for the game.

“Ruben has had an injection and is still recovering. It’s very unlikely he’ll be able to be part of the game tomorrow. So is also Rudiger [out of the game]. Pedro is recovering very well, but it’s tough for them to be part of the game tomorrow.”
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:06pm On Sep 26, 2018
William Troost-Ekong has perfect classroom in Serie A
By Solace Chukwu, Correspondent

The Nigeria international is by no means the finished article, but Italy offers him a platform for growth, as well as a launchpad to better things

"[William Troost-]Ekong is a player with an important physical structure, skilled in the air both defensively and offensively. We are talking about an aggressive central defender..."

One might say that football has gotten a kick out of jerking Troost-Ekong around. These comments, by Technical Director Daniele Prade while announcing that the Nigeria international had signed on for Serie A side Udinese for four years late in the transfer window.
Yet it was barely three years ago that Sunday Oliseh, then coach of the Super Eagles, reportedly told Ekong he lacked the physicality to hack it at the top level.

He failed to make the cut at senior level with Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur, and only made two appearances for modest Dutch outfit FC Groningen in two years on their books. After a strong World Cup showing, he will now grace the same stadium as some of the finest names in football, the likes of Zico, Dino Zoff, Oliver Biehoff and Antonio Di Natale.

If the mixed signals give him any whiplash, he does not show it.
Instead, he has displayed an admirable ability to use the setbacks, verbal and otherwise, as fuel. He has admitted that the barb from Oliseh "spurred him on", and insists his body of work with the national team has vindicated him.
That may be so, but his transfer to Italy has certainly validated him as a leading defender in his own right. While he achieved something close to cult status in Turkey at Bursaspor, for a player whose long-stated ambition is to return to the Premier League, becoming a force in a major European league was imperative.
As if to illustrate the esteem in which he is held, he was thrown straight into the fray on the opening weekend of the season as Udinese made their Serie A bow against Parma as Stadio Ennio Tardini. Then again, perhaps that had more to do with the fact that, unlike the other options, he had some match rhythm coming in.

As far as baptisms go, it was quite a fiery one. Ekong struggled significantly with the movement of Parma's Roberto Inglese, who dragged him and central defensive partner Bram Nuytinck all over the park, and capped off his display with a well-taken goal.
Of course, there is not a lot that can be read into the game, with Ekong having only had a training session or two with his new teammates beforehand. More than any other department, defence relies a lot on communication and understanding, and he will no doubt improve with time and familiarity.
Indeed, since that opening game, the defender has featured a further four times, conceding just two goals and keeping two clean sheets. To date, Udinese have the joint-second best defensive record in the division, and Troost-Ekong is averaging seven clearances per game - putting him in the top 10 for the division.

He will surely be finding that scrutiny comes much quicker with a bigger stage. His ill-advised charge out from defence in the lead up to Inglese's opener on his debut exposed his backline, and he can sometimes display a lack of authority inside his area. On one occasion against Parma, he lost the flight of the ball completely following his man, allowing Antonio Di Gaudio to steal in behind him and head over.

His early performances highlight the fact that, for all he has achieved in a short time, he is by no means the finished article.

It is imperative he continue to grow and develop, and perhaps the more contemplative pace of Serie A affords him the perfect classroom—he described it to Voetbalzone as being "much more about defending than elsewhere".
Still only 25, there is plenty of time for that Premier League dream to come true, and it is instructive that, though he admitted interest from other clubs, he opted for Udinese, a club owned by the Pozzo family. The Pozzos, who also own Watford, have a track record of aggressive self-pollination, and perhaps that was an important factor in his decision.

For any of that to matter though, Ekong will first have to establish himself in Italy. Not since the colourful Taribo West has Serie A seen a dominant Nigerian centre-back. If the Haarlem-born defender comes to be spoken of in the same breath, he will have done his chances no harm.

Source: Goal

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:13pm On Sep 26, 2018
ChrisKels:
This is too bad. I hope Moses leaves ASAP because he will definitely have big suitors

Zola: Odoi Is Ahead Of Moses At Chelsea

September 25, 2018 7:20 pm
By Johnny Edward:

Chelsea’s assistant manager, Gianfranco Zola has revealed that teenage star, Callum Hudson-Odoi is ahead of the former Nigeria international, Victor Moses currently at the club reports Completesportsnigeria.com.

Moses has made two substitute appearances since the start of the season and has been in and out of the team in the last one month missing the club’s last five games.

Odoi on his part is regarded as the brightest talent from Chelsea’s academy and is seen as the future of the club but he must be patient Zola stated in a pre-match conference on Tuesday.

“Callum has done extremely well in pre-season, one of the players who impressed the most with Ethan Ampadu,” Zola revealed during his press conference on Tuesday.

“They’re two players with bright futures. They are both in contention tomorrow, in the squad, and we will see.”

“We have a lot of players. We didn’t do a big pre-season, so these games can serve as a pre-season to give time for players like Christensen, about Cahill, an opportunity to get games. Callum and Ethan are the future of this club and we are going to take care of them.”

“Don’t forget that, when we played the Community Shield, he (Odoi) was in ahead of players like Victor Moses. If he hasn’t got the consideration of the value, we wouldn’t have done that. He is the future. But he’s in a very competitive team. He has to be patient, wait for his opportunities and, when they come, take them in the best way.”

On the game, the former Chelsea star stated clearly that ‘greedy’ Blues will be out to win the game.

“It is an important game. We are Chelsea and we want to play all our games and try to win all our games.”

“We’ll take it seriously. It’s not Premier League, we know. But because of who we are, what we are, we want to play and play the games as best as we can. So we will tomorrow.

“It’s an opportunity to see players who haven’t have many games so far, so that is an opportunity. But still it will be a good team.”

“Personally, as Chelsea, we are very greedy and want to win both of them if we can, so we are going to try and do the best. The game on Saturday will be huge. Huge… it’s going to be important because of the type of game. It means a lot. Starting from tomorrow, we’re going to be competitive, and then we’ll see what it is like.”

He also ruled out the duo of Antonio Rudiger and Ruben Loftus-Cheek from the game while adding that Pedro Rodriguez is a big doubt for the game.

“Ruben has had an injection and is still recovering. It’s very unlikely he’ll be able to be part of the game tomorrow. So is also Rudiger [out of the game]. Pedro is recovering very well, but it’s tough for them to be part of the game tomorrow.”

Which Big suitors? A player that has officially flagged off his journey to retirement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 12:18pm On Sep 26, 2018
Icon4s:

Which Big suitors? A player that has officially flagged off his journey to retirement.

Barcelona could still offer him a life line as a wing back. Semedo hasn't been convincing enough, Wague is injured and Roberto now plays in his primary position.

By the way, where are Kelly Kester and Ike ThankGod?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:32pm On Sep 26, 2018
ChrisKels:

Barcelona could still offer him a life line as a wing back. Semedo hasn't been convincing enough, Wague is injured and Roberto now plays in his primary position.

By the way, where are Kelly Kester and Ike ThankGod?

Well, I pray o. I hope he has not shot himself on the foot by that retirement declaration. Cos National team career also boosts market value of players.

Kelly Kester left the People's Elephant for Akwa-United some time late last year.

While Ike ThankGod I think is still in our books. Though I have not heard any news of him of late.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:39pm On Sep 26, 2018
Icon4s:

My brother I can only single out Enyimba as being fairly consistent all through these last 5 years. Akwa has also tried to rub shoulders.

Enyimba, Pillars and Rangers are Traditional NPFL Giants over the last 2 decades but have mostly been inconsistent in the last 5years giving room for others like Akwa-United, MFM, Rivers United, Plateau United and recently Lobi stars to ascend the summits of the league table.

If there is a league clash between Rangers and Wikki Tourist, the easiest way to determining who will likely win is to know who is playing at home.

A club like Enyimba can travel to Go Round FC and go and lose 3-0!

The only major difference between Enyimba and the other clubs now is their continental track record. The other NPFL teams do not have the spines to achieve on the continent.

It may interest you to know that the last time a Nigerian Club got to the semis of any CAF Club competition was Sunshine Stars in 2012! So in the last 5years who were the clubs playing continental football? What went wrong? The traditional giants of the NPFL have gone to sleep leaving clubs that do not have the pedigree on the continent to run the show. And now because of these woeful performances in the recent past CAF has taken away 2 slots from Nigeria and passed over to Mozambique. It simply means the Mozambican Clubs are performing better than Nigerian Clubs presently on the continent.

For us to know where we are going to, we need to first remember where we are coming from and then where we are presently and then we plot our future course.
But the question wasn't about the Continent na.
As you alluded, the time Rivers Utd (not to deride them, they were a merger of 2 strong sides- Dolphins & Sharks) , MFM broke into top half, we that consciously followed up knew it was a fluke (2016, Enyimba was so engrossed with the continent. 2017. Rangers had internal problems where there coach Imama which I rate not badly was sacked dishonorably). Besides Lobi used to be mid-table team mostly.

As Basco said, these clubs are govt owned thus if a Governor/Sports minister/FA chairman is not interested in the club it declines. Plateau Utd winning the league last time out was in part due to their good scouting of young lads.

Lastly,the bane to NPFL and the larger western African clubs remains Coaches, Venues & Logistics. If the traditionals (Rangers,Enyimba, Kano Pillar) had this in totality we would be assured of at least constant Group stage featurings

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 12:42pm On Sep 26, 2018
Odunayaw:
But the question wasn't about the Continent na.
As you alluded, the time Rivers Utd (not to deride them, they were a merger of 2 strong sides- Dolphins & Sharks) , MFM broke into top half, we that consciously followed up knew it was a fluke (2016, Enyimba was so engrossed with the continent. 2017. Rangers had internal problems where there coach Imama which I rate not badly was sacked dishonorably). Besides Lobi used to be mid-table team mostly.

As Basco said, these clubs are govt owned thus if a Governor/Sports minister/FA chairman is not interested in the club it declines. Plateau Utd winning the league last time out was in part due to their good scouting of young lads.

Lastly,the bane to NPFL and the larger western African clubs remains Coaches, Venues & Logistics. If the traditionals (Rangers,Enyimba, Kano Pillar) had this in totality we would be assured of at least constant Group stage featurings

Yes, I know about all these factors. But that still does not stop one from pointing out and or accepting these inconsistencies in the performances of these clubs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by SlayerForever: 12:48pm On Sep 26, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Great so tell us when that has ever happened. Why didn't Remo Stars or Ikorodu United do this? The best u can achieve from last place is beating the drop.

Okay. I yield
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PROVERBZ(m): 12:53pm On Sep 26, 2018
today we beat katsina united 1-0 courtesy of Sunday adetunji volley in the first half

aiteo cup

the jersey combo is bar tho

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:09pm On Sep 26, 2018
PROVERBZ:
today we beat katsina united 1-0 courtesy of Sunday adetunji volley in the first half

aiteo cup

the jersey combo is bar tho
But I thought the game was later in the day

Congratulations to the boys. We are painting Gombe blue already grin

We will continue to match on in that Tough Group. cool
Up The people's Elephant.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by cc12(m): 1:21pm On Sep 26, 2018
Danielnino00:

The team that represented us at the male basketball event at d recent Commonwealth games was largely home based including the coach.. they performed woefully. the NBBF had to bring back d foreign pros..
Only one player in the current team is home based though I think one or two other ones were born here...

Our basketball league just like the NPFL is in a sorry state

Our basketball league is much worse than the NPFL
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:18pm On Sep 26, 2018
Icon4s:
But I thought the game was later in the day
Congratulations to the boys. We are painting Gombe blue already grin
We will continue to match on in that Tough Group. cool Up The people's Elephant.
this cup is for plateau united
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 2:19pm On Sep 26, 2018
cc12:

Our basketball league is much worse than NPFL
may God help us
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by darkelf: 2:24pm On Sep 26, 2018
Icon4s:

Our Basket ballers both male and Female are mostly FB.

It means we are not doing our job on the Home Fronts. Nigerian Basket Ball Federal please wake up!

The NBBF mist have something to wake up to like funding and support both from the govt and private firms.

Also, schools and colleges could help by encouraging students to take up the sport. Let us model it after the Americans and make it lucrative.

During my time in LUTH, I enjoyed playing Bball as a hobby and wouldn't have minded playing for money but
alas I've become old and slow now. Agba ti de.... grin cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 2:40pm On Sep 26, 2018
oloriooko:

Because the dude woke up, works hard and seem to have improved since the WC and the departure of Mahrez also helped.
there was some Kelechi slander here just two weeks ago. His last few games have dimmed it, but I can bet the usual suspects are just waiting on the flanks to jump in at his first average game.

I did not see even one of them congratulate him on having a good game, same goes to Iwobi, but the day they have an average game, they will resurrect

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:44pm On Sep 26, 2018
Just aside football matters yet again, D'TIGRESS are currently in action in their QF qualification game vs Greece and are leading 31-26 in Q2.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:49pm On Sep 26, 2018
maidaboi:
this cup is for plateau united

Tell am o! Since he wants people to believe that there is no Nigerian club football after Enyimba.

Btw Akwa is the only winner of this cup and we don't want that to change. Our stadium belongs in the continent lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:54pm On Sep 26, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
Just aside football matters yet again, D'TIGRESS are currently in action in their QF qualification game vs Greece and are leading 31-26 in Q2.

Otis Hughley deserves a chieftaincy title. God bless that man.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:09pm On Sep 26, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Hold on a bit on the Chieftiancy talk for Otis, Marvellous One, it's still going down over there in Spain, D'TIGRESS still leads but by 8 now... 39-31 Q3 less than 5mins to go to end of Quarter.

We win this we face USA... That's a given.

Meanwhile Otis' birthday was even yesterday I heard... Lol

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:12pm On Sep 26, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Kudos should go to the nbbf too..

I've followed the D'tigress preparation for the tournament all through and trust me they had the best of preparation.. the D'tigers too .

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 3:13pm On Sep 26, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Hold on a bit on the Chieftiancy talk for Otis, Marvellous One, it's still going down over there in Spain, D'TIGRESS still leads but by 8 now... 39-31 Q3 less than 5mins to go to end of Quarter.

We win this we face USA... That's a given.

Meanwhile Otis' birthday was even yesterday I heard... Lol

Belgium were the least ranked team before d tournament behind Nigeria... but now they are straight into.d quarter final... grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:14pm On Sep 26, 2018
13 point game... We are pulling away!!! 44-31... Take that Zeus and Hera!!!! Hahahahaha

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:16pm On Sep 26, 2018
Yeah, because they pulled off the most remarkable of wins by more than 7 pts to edge Euro giants, Spain who have to play Senegal for a place in the QF proper. Belgium and Nigeria have been the most surprising teams at the World Cup alongside Japan for me.

Danielnino00:

Belgium were the least ranked team before d tournament behind Nigeria... but now they are straight into.d quarter final... grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4785) (4786) (4787) (4788) (4789) (4790) (4791) ... (16223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Sugarboyy(m), Franktom247(m), victornoah(m), Christinu2, Moniter0 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.