Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,703 members, 7,955,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:01 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5083) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12462335 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5080) (5081) (5082) (5083) (5084) (5085) (5086) ... (16697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 12, 2018
komekn:

Actually this season he almost went on strike because his club refused to give him a transfer.

A number of Championship clubs were interested in him but MK Dons need him desperately. And this is his first season back after near two years of serious injury.

I say it again without prejudice.

I would rather have a Lion in a lower league than a mouse in a top league.

Firstly, Chuks was wanted by a number of clubs see link below.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/08/02/por-chase-on-for-mk-dons-ace-aneke/

I would like you to consider were did Dele Alli go from straight to Tottenham ❓ and then in the same season to England senior team.

You should take q look at him and tell me if your opinion doesn't change.

The guy is a true lion. We should hurry up before the 3 Lions snap him up again. Why Eagles keep chasing rats bewilders me!!!!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:41pm On Nov 12, 2018
Humility017:

says a player who gift the southies a goal 3 years ago in UYO. he should just keep quiet and do the talking in the field of play... I hate all this mouth making...
which 3years ago is that grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:42pm On Nov 12, 2018
Utonwanne:

League 2 is too low. He needs to move up the ladder a little bit

He was denied a move to the championship by his club who refused to sell him. I guess after over 10 goals and 10 assists for his club in league one as well as being the stand out player in his league. They simply could not afford to lose him.

Chuks refused to train to try and force a move that got a bit messy. In the end he agreed to play after much talk talk.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:43pm On Nov 12, 2018
komekn:

Actually this season he almost went on strike because his club refused to give him a transfer.

A number of Championship clubs were interested in him but MK Dons need him desperately. And this is his first season back after near two years of serious injury.

I would like you to consider were did Dele Alli go from straight to Tottenham ❓ and then in the same season to England senior team.

When he makes the move up, call my attention.

Like I said, I like the boy as he reminds me of Yaya Toure under Pelligrini.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:44pm On Nov 12, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Godwin Obaje earns 500K a week at IUFC. Rabiu Ali should be around 350. Enyimba and Rivers also pay well. But the rest including Akwa mainly depends on the Governor in charge.
I was about to talk of Godwin. Highest paid player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 10:47pm On Nov 12, 2018
tbaba1234:

I don't know but he came to Nigeria a few years ago with some UK youngsters to play a friendly with the 2015 under 17 team.
Sorry,this is the boy or its a meme

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:47pm On Nov 12, 2018
Odunayaw:
Sorry,this is the boy or its a meme

This is the boy..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:49pm On Nov 12, 2018
komekn:

When Chuks Aneke proves it in a top league, there will be no doubt. For now, league 2 is too low for consideration.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 10:49pm On Nov 12, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Actually pretty good. It was an interesting match even though it ended 0-0. I would like to see some NPFL teams give some of them a try.

I had read that some teams are interested in Ebuka (UAM Tillers) but I don't know how true it is.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:51pm On Nov 12, 2018
junnyjake:

I'm talking about what happened in Argentina, you're bringing up America and I don't understand why.

Who's talking about the genocide in Africa?

In your earlier post, you brought about the roles the Africans played in the slave trade, and I ask where is this coming from?

Want to know how effective their elimination plan was? Then cast your minds back to the level at which slavery was practiced in South America, the amount of black people dominating these countries and now ask yourself how many blacks reside currently in Argentina when compared to other south American countries.

Seems we're finding it very difficult to understand ourselves, so let's end it already.

You said sending black males to war was a form of mass killings now you say you don't get why I am bringing up the fact that black males fought wars in America? I gave you the reasons for the decrease but you are hell bent in sticking to a myth when the truth can easily be found on google
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:55pm On Nov 12, 2018
Taliban:

The guy is a true lion. We should hurry up before the 3 Lions snap him up again. Why Eagles keep chasing rats bewilders me!!!!!

And, I once thought, I was sarcastic enough.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:57pm On Nov 12, 2018
tbaba1234:
Michael Obafemi will not be representing Ireland. He showed up to camp out of respect for the manager but told him they are not his first choice for international football.

Terrible choice.

It's his to make anyway.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:10pm On Nov 12, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Godwin Obaje earns 500K a week at IUFC. Rabiu Ali should be around 350. Enyimba and Rivers also pay well. But the rest including Akwa mainly depends on the Governor in charge.

Weekly or monthly
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:14pm On Nov 12, 2018
DrLikita12:

I had read that some teams are interested in Ebuka (UAM Tillers) but I don't know how true it is.

Fine player he is #8. I watched with my cousin and we both fell in love with the guy. Very smart with technique and vision.

I would co-sign all apart from the goalkeepers only because of their heights but physically and technically the boys all looked good. I hope clubs took notice of both sets, Calabar rovers shouldn't have to be told to sign some of the boys for the NNL but it might be harder for the UAM boys because Lobi must perform next season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:16pm On Nov 12, 2018
junnyjake:

Weekly or monthly

Weekly.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:21pm On Nov 12, 2018
tbaba1234:
Michael Obafemi will not be representing Ireland. He showed up to camp out of respect for the manager but told him they are not his first choice for international football.

Doherty really worked on this one grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:27pm On Nov 12, 2018
Not a fan buh in truth, this boy has been a hit this season, maybe to spite Porto coach who he claimed insulted him or to impress the numerous scouts on him lol

1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:16am On Nov 13, 2018
ChrisKels:
Not a fan buh in truth, this boy has been a hit this season, maybe to spite Porto coach who he claimed insulted him or to impress the numerous scouts on him lol

I think, he has been average this season to be honest.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:40am On Nov 13, 2018
tbaba1234:

Tbaba many people have come to rely on your short phrases on this forum. Have you actually watched him play this season and how many times have you done so. I haven't watched him at all but Chris Kelechi has already stated at different times that he has been good this season even though he doesn't like him.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 1:57am On Nov 13, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Fine player he is #8. I watched with my cousin and we both fell in love with the guy. Very smart with technique and vision.

I would co-sign all apart from the goalkeepers only because of their heights but physically and technically the boys all looked good. I hope clubs took notice of both sets, Calabar rovers shouldn't have to be told to sign some of the boys for the NNL but it might be harder for the UAM boys because Lobi must perform next season

I couldn't watch it but I like the whole idea. I like the fact that the quality (video + play) was/is good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:58am On Nov 13, 2018
Taliban:

Tbaba many people have come to rely on your short phrases on this forum. Have you actually watched him play this season and how many times have you done so. I haven't watched him at all but Chris Kelechi has already stated at different times that he has been good this season even though he doesn't like him.

I have followed his performances even when i don't watch. He has had good and average games. He was very good in the last game but not so much in the game before that.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 3:10am On Nov 13, 2018
bro how reliable is your source?
tbaba1234:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 3:15am On Nov 13, 2018
tbaba1234:

I have followed his performances even when i don't watch. He has had good and average games. He was very good in the last game but not so much in the game before that.

How about the games before the game before the last last one you followed. To be honest I don't think you have any data points for your judgement about his season so far.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:20am On Nov 13, 2018
Taliban:

How about the games before the game before the last last one you followed. To be honest I don't think you have any data points for your judgement about his season so far.

How about all of his matches? Is that enough data points?

I am saying, he has not been exceptional. He has had good and average games.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:25am On Nov 13, 2018
charlesemeka85:
bro how reliable is your source?

O'neil commented on it. He has not made a decision yet on who to represent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Utonwanne(m): 5:12am On Nov 13, 2018
komekn:

He was denied a move to the championship by his club who refused to sell him. I guess after over 10 goals and 10 assists for his club in league one as well as being the stand out player in his league. They simply could not afford to lose him.

Chuks refused to train to try and force a move that got a bit messy. In the end he agreed to play after much talk talk.

He should continue pushing. League 2 is too poor abeg. This is Nigerian team not Comoros
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:24am On Nov 13, 2018
tbaba1234:

Sorry bro buh u have no clue watchu saying here. I aint no fan of Agu buh he has been far from average this season

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:37am On Nov 13, 2018
tbaba1234:

How about all of his matches? Is that enough data points?

I am saying, he has not been exceptional. He has had good and average games.

How many very good games as he had, similarly how many average games as well. Last I checked I don't think any of our midfielders have been exceptional this season consistently.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:40am On Nov 13, 2018
ChrisKels:

Sorry bro buh u have no clue watchu saying here. I aint no fan of Agu buh he has been far from average this season

Thank you sir. In fact based on the first submission, Tbaba said he was very good in the last match but average before that game. Even if we do simple average on those two games he commented on, no be Good be that? How that translates to average is what I don't get.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:53am On Nov 13, 2018
junnyjake:

When he makes the move up, call my attention.

Like I said, I like the boy as he reminds me of Yaya Toure under Pelligrini.

Very apt see quote; "Chuks is a bit like Yaya Toure - he has body power and good technique," Wenger told Arsenal's official website.

Wenger likened the attacking midfielder to Yaya Toure back in 2011, but after just one appearance and the offer of a trial with Barcelona (which he rejected), Aneke was released in 2014.

So what happened a two year injury break after going to Belguim.

Good managers don't wait for a player to blow before making the move for him. Or for other to recognise him.

He is outstanding in his league and club and the only reason he is not in the championship and being looked at in the EPL is because his club BLATANTLY REFUSED to let him go.

For what he does AM or SS can't see anybody in the SE that's better. Although in my opinion he seems to lack pace.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:07am On Nov 13, 2018
tbaba1234:

Interesting.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:11am On Nov 13, 2018
komekn:

Very apt see quote; "Chuks is a bit like Yaya Toure - he has body power and good technique," Wenger told Arsenal's official website.

Wenger likened the attacking midfielder to Yaya Toure back in 2011, but after just one appearance and the offer of a trial with Barcelona (which he rejected), Aneke was released in 2014.

So what happened a two year injury break after going to Belguim.

Good managers don't wait for a player to blow before making the move for him. Or for other to recognise him.

He is outstanding in his league and club and the only reason he is not in the championship and being looked at in the EPL is because his club BLATANTLY REFUSED to let him go.

For what he does AM or SS can't see anybody in the SE that's better. Although in my opinion he seems to lack pace.

undecided

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5080) (5081) (5082) (5083) (5084) (5085) (5086) ... (16697) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Odunayaw(m), Kog45(m), EEGA, Meliforme and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.