Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,530 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5088) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11731966 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5085) (5086) (5087) (5088) (5089) (5090) (5091) ... (16172) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:16pm On Nov 13, 2018
krattoss:
Pinnick as a boss he is, has his reasons for the choice of Asaba as the match venue. And the coach and the players been his employee can't do anything about it than to agree. Or better still, they should boycott if dem get the mind..

Very soon, elclasico will be played on the USA soil, and the players and coaches can do little or nothing bout it.

They re ur bosses, they call the shots. If u re not yet it okay with it, u resign.
It's all boit the Benjamins bro.
And that pitch looks good ba?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Curtisaxel7(m): 11:45pm On Nov 13, 2018
junnyjake:

$25,000 for each goal And you think this isn't motivation enough for that white-beard-herbalist-looking-potbellied FA president of ours to insist on the Asaba match venue?

That is precisely the reason Pinnick insisted on Asaba. Okowa had aleady promised him some cooool "benjamins" grin.

I'm beginning to have doubts about Pinnick. It seems he is a money glutton. Just a few months ago he snubbed a Saudi Arabia friendly which would've provided some quality challenge to the SE in favour of a testimonial game against Liberian retirees. For Weah's shiny dollars.

Sadly, it appears Pinnick only sees our SE as an item to be sold to the highest bidder.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 11:55pm On Nov 13, 2018
Curtisaxel7:

That is precisely the reason Pinnick insisted on Asaba. Okowa had aleady promised him some cooool "benjamins" grin.

I'm beginning to have doubts about Pinnick. It seems he is a money glutton. Just a few months ago he snubbed a Saudi Arabia friendly which would've provided some quality challenge to the SE in favour of a testimonial game against Liberian retirees. For Weah's shiny dollars.

Sadly, it appears Pinnick only sees our SE as an item to be sold to the highest bidder.

Was waiting to see I'd be proved wrong by him but reading what you've brilliantly put up there as an observation about his recent activities.

I have no reason to doubt the conclusion you've reached.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danielnino00(m): 12:00am On Nov 14, 2018
junnyjake:

$25,000 for each goal And you think this isn't motivation enough for that white-beard-herbalist-looking-potbellied FA president of ours to insist on the Asaba match venue?

Gov Udom offered more money when we played our WCQ in Uyo . The truth is that there are only few stadiums in this country with decent pitches . The Uyo stadium itself isn't in good shape. its been overused. Add to the fact that its election time...

For the past five years now most of the super eagles games have been played in the south south. its not good enough for us...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:54am On Nov 14, 2018
Danielnino00:

Gov Udom offered more money when we played our WCQ in Uyo . The truth is that there are only few stadiums in this country with decent pitches . The Uyo stadium itself isn't in good shape. its been overused. Add to the fact that its election time...

For the past five years now most of the super eagles games have been played in the south south. its not good enough for us...

you want them to take the match to kaduna?
or kastina with their synthentic pitch....

please the weather and the stadia in the north are not better off...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 5:57am On Nov 14, 2018
junnyjake:

Was waiting to see I'd be proved wrong by him but reading what you've brilliantly put up there as an observation about his recent activities.

I have no reason to doubt the conclusion you've reached.
it is so.unfortunate....just pray pinnick don't go destroy the reputation and pedigree he has built over the years....just like the outsted Ghana FA chairman...and Amos Adamu.

it will be so embarrassing....for him to halt his progress in the management of football all because of some kickbacks and greasing of palms.

I don't know why the black man is so greedy and self centered...even with his salary currently...it is enough to make investments for him and his generations to come....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 6:00am On Nov 14, 2018
komekn:

If we are to be honest it's a shame that thus us the level of strikers we consider our best options.

Both of them are firing blanks and you think they will turn RAMBO once they start playing for the SE. I very much doubt it.
agreed without reservations, but I still do not expect us to lose. Finishing may be our problem but we should not lose this game, even with a depleted midfield because we have a stronger team and better quality players than SA.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 6:03am On Nov 14, 2018
do4luv14:

not sure of Nacho, will give it to Success,
he had been the most active lately, plus he can also assist well
I will be surprised if success starts. That will be so unlike Rohr. Lol. He's really very conservative in his approach.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:14am On Nov 14, 2018
Where the super eagles plays depends on which state governor is willing to sponsor. That is the way, it has always been. The condition of the pitch is secondary to pecuniary considerations.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by eterisan(m): 6:19am On Nov 14, 2018
Danielnino00:

If my memory serves me well, the last two times we played in the North the results were bad. Against Angola world cup qualifier and against Egypt. Weather in the North does not favour our foreign based players. So let's not even go there.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 6:25am On Nov 14, 2018
Udinese gets a new coach, I hope this is not the end to regular playtime for Ekong

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 14, 2018
tbaba1234:
Where the super eagles plays depends on which state governor is willing to sponsor. That is the way, it has always been. The condition of the pitch is secondary to pecuniary considerations.

am tired of lecturing these guys.

Due to their paradigm shift, everything, decision and move made by public office holders that doesn't favor them, they term it corruption, bribery and hallubaloo.

Because Uyo didn't host it this time around, they don't like it and boom, money has exchanged hands.
Not forgetting that the same Uyo pitch they keep wanking on has overtime and many times paraded an eyesore, potato farm pitch im some of our matches.

But as I always say and maintain, none of their opinions matters, and bosses doesn't give 2 fvcks whose ox is gored when making decisions.
Anyperson wey no wan play for that Asaba pitch, make him withdraw, including Rohr himself.
He who plays the piper dictates the tone.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:25am On Nov 14, 2018
Only Okowa is now willing to “sponsor” abi? Make i laugh better laugh. grin

tbaba1234:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:27am On Nov 14, 2018
@bolded, U have no idea what u are talking about.

krattoss:
am tired of lecturing these guys.

Due to their paradigm shift, everything, decision and move made by public office holders that doesn't favor them, they term it corruption, bribery and hallubaloo.

Because Uyo didn't host it this time around, they don't like it and boom, money has exchanged hands.
Not forgetting that the same Uyo pitch they keep wanking on has overtime and many times paraded an eyesore, potato farm pitch im some of our matches.

But as I always say and maintain, none of their opinions matters, and bosses doesn't give 2 fvcks whose ox is gored when making decisions.
Anyperson wey no wan play for that Asaba pitch, make him withdraw, including Rohr himself.
He who plays the piper dictates the tone.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:28am On Nov 14, 2018
Joebie:
Only Okowa is now willing to “sponsor” abi? Make i laugh better laugh. grin

Maybe he promised more money.

Unfortunately, that is how it is..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:29am On Nov 14, 2018
The criteria for selecting Super Eagles venue is not the best. We should only play in the best facilities in the country. Unfortunately, our maintenance culture is non-existent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:31am On Nov 14, 2018
Joebie:
@bolded, U have no idea what u are talking about.

by oxes, I mean opinions of naysayers,haters and critics.

Yes last time I checked, who pays the salary runs the show. Unless some Shananigans runs in the backgrounds.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:08am On Nov 14, 2018
Guy that’s just in your mind. It doesn’t always work like that. I dont have to tell you my training and experience in leadership and how things are run... Just because bosses makes the decisions does not mean they have to take an authoritarian approach. It’s a character thing. Leaders like that end badly.

krattoss:
by oxes, I mean opinions of naysayers,haters and critics.

Yes last time I checked, who pays the salary runs the show. Unless some Shananigans runs in the backgrounds.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:11am On Nov 14, 2018
Promised who more money? We only know of player bonuses or money per goal scored promises. Could there be more behind the scenes? Is that your idea of sponsorship?

tbaba1234:

Maybe he promised more money.

Unfortunately, that is how it is..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:16am On Nov 14, 2018
Nigeria paired in Group B with Ghana, Benin and Niger for the WAFU U20 tournament commencing on 6th December, 2018 in Togo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:17am On Nov 14, 2018
When are our players hitting camp?

Icon4s:
Nigeria paired in Group B with Ghana, Benin and Niger for the WAFU U20 tournament commencing on 6th December, 2018 in Togo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:38am On Nov 14, 2018
tbaba1234:
The criteria for selecting Super Eagles venue is not the best. We should only play in the best facilities in the country. Unfortunately, our maintenance culture is non-existent.

@kratoss...dis shld be d major criteria in picking stadium,I could remember 2006 when super eagles where used for political campaigns,dt led to our failure of not qualifying to d world cup.if u knw,u knw cool

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:46am On Nov 14, 2018
elyte89:

@kratoss...dis shld be d major criteria in picking stadium,I could remember 2006 when super eagles where used for political campaigns,dt led to our failure of not qualifying to d world cup.if u knw,u knw cool
u mean the Era of berti vogts?

I could remember little bout that time, but saying we didn't qualify for the Germany 2006 worldcup Cos of political interference is a tales by moonlight.
We didn't qualify because we weren't the best in our group.
There is no excuse for failure.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 14, 2018
Joebie:
Guy that’s just in your mind. It doesn’t always work like that. I dont have to tell you my training and experience in leadership and how things are run... Just because bosses makes the decisions does not mean they have to take an authoritarian approach. It’s a character thing. Leaders like that end badly.

let me tell u, in football world as far as I know. The board and technical directors cares less about what the fans says and has to say.
They only care on what boosts their funds, legacies and interests. Any other thing is hogwash.
In other aspects, fields and management, I don't know.
But as far as football is concerned, the fans are just like mkpara ejiri bia ije(walking stick that is used to attend an occasion).

None of their opinions counts.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 8:57am On Nov 14, 2018
krattoss:
u mean the Era of berti vogts?

I could remember little bout that time, but saying we didn't qualify for the Germany 2006 worldcup Cos of political interference is a tales by moonlight.
We didn't qualify because we weren't the best in our group.
There is no excuse for failure.

Are u sure u watched d last match against Angola and u could comprehend what transpired all thru d match

If no,let me remind,d match was played @kaduna pitch,d pitch was so bad den,coupled with d hot sun of d day,d situation made it so difficult for our team whom re majorly based in europe to play reasonable football,we were at home,but it was as if we were in home far away from home,meaning Angola's faired better on dt pitch,and we were d away team"if not for okochas freekick he converted in d early minute, those guys nearly snatched a victory from us.

Had it been we played all our matches @d abuja national stadium,including dt Angolan match,am sure we would av defeated dem.u shld av asked ursef while d last game against Libya was taken back to abuja,hoping Angola will lose deir last match for us to qualify.back den,football was heavily mixed with politics,I stand to b corrected sha cool cool by d oldies here

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:05am On Nov 14, 2018
elyte89:

Are u sure u watched d last match against Angola and u could comprehend what transpired all thru d match

If no,let me remind,d match was played @kaduna pitch,d pitch was so bad den,coupled with d hot sun of d day,d situation made it so difficult for our team whom re majorly based in europe to play reasonable football,we were at home,but it was as if we were in home far away from home,meaning Angola's faired better on dt pitch,and we were d away team"if not for okochas freekick he converted in d early minute, those guys nearly snatched a victory from us.

Had it been we played all our matches @d abuja national stadium,including dt Angolan match,am sure we would av defeated dem.u shld av asked ursef while d last game against Libya was taken back to abuja,hoping Angola will lose deir last match for us to qualify.back den,football was heavily mixed with politics,I stand to b corrected sha cool cool by d oldies here
I could recount little or none of that incident maybe because ain't yet a football addict then.
But then it wasn't only nigeria playing in that pitch, the Angolans were also playing there and as far as I am concerned, it was a 50-50 battle.
Carry today mancity come for maidugiri, they I'll still knock u ball until u believe. They won Tottenham on NFL used wembley some weeks ago.
We won seychelles on their potato farm pitch. Same with libya. Even the Algiers has to rely on last minute penalty to salvage a draw on their bumpy backyard pitch.
The best always wins irrespective of the pitch of play.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by FAMILY247(m): 9:06am On Nov 14, 2018
Komekn please do you know of jayden Bennetts he plays for Watford U-18, I read he was allowed by his club to come to the Nigeria U-20 camp in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by elyte89: 9:08am On Nov 14, 2018
krattoss:
I could recount little or none of that incident maybe because ain't yet a football addict then.
But then it wasn't only nigeria playing in that pitch, the Angolans were also playing there and as far as I am concerned, it was a 50-50 battle.
Carry today mancity come for maidugiri, they I'll still knock u ball until u believe. They won Tottenham on NFL used wembley some weeks ago.
We won seychelles on their potato farm pitch. Same with libya. Even the Algiers has to rely on last minute penalty to salvage a draw on their bumpy backyard pitch.
The best always wins irrespective of the pitch of play.

Well u get point for dere sha grin grin,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:12am On Nov 14, 2018
elyte89:

Well u get point for dere sha grin grin,
lol. It's good sometimes to reason from different perspectives before arriving to a conclusion.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:16am On Nov 14, 2018
Joebie:
Promised who more money? We only know of player bonuses or money per goal scored promises. Could there be more behind the scenes? Is that your idea of sponsorship?

There are a lot of other expenses. Hotel accommodation, transport, etc plus free money..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:36am On Nov 14, 2018
komekn:

Please expand forgive my lack of knowledge.

He would prefer to play for Nigeria ahead of Ireland. He has good advisers. Nothing complicated. smiley
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:39am On Nov 14, 2018
Joebie:
When are our players hitting camp?

They should be hitting camp any time soonest. The competition would be played by predominantly home based Flying Eagles. Assembling them would not be a problem more so as the league is on break. So, full close camping.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5085) (5086) (5087) (5088) (5089) (5090) (5091) ... (16172) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kennysville(m), Badbunny, kentebemoney and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.