Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,853 members, 7,956,201 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:40 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5814) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup (12466236 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5811) (5812) (5813) (5814) (5815) (5816) (5817) ... (16701) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:05pm On Apr 20, 2019
fabyom:
They were hitting the target except on some few occasions. When you hit target then only few adjustments is needed! So for me they will come good!

They were playing the ball to the keeper. That's not good enough.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 4:06pm On Apr 20, 2019
I want to commend Manu for having the courage to substitute Ayobami for Fawaz!
When I saw Fawaz, I was like another Manu quota system lol.
However, the guy dominated the midfield broke down all the Uganda attacks. They were having free ride before he came on.
Even the commentator took note.
Weldone boys unto the next one!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:06pm On Apr 20, 2019
andrew444:

I watch am from 86 minute

You miss na.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:08pm On Apr 20, 2019
Humility017:

sir you never can tell...that kid could be more lethal and a better finisher with eye for goals....
same thing with Lateef that was dropped...

these players I am seeing are all good but the forward line end product is so so poor....
you don't waste chances like this. ...
I watched the Success set of 2013...that set rarely waste chances.... unlike this. even in the Africa nations cup they played....the pace and end product was astute

I really do.not get carried away with U17 football because at best is indicative of potential not much more else.

Without thay potential being developed it can actually very sadly amount to ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

If U17 football was a major milestone in football progression and superior quality. Then we should be winning the World cup by now. But we are far from dominating African football.

How many of our U17 football players have progressed to top class football commensurate with the high levels they achieved at world youth level. ❓

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:09pm On Apr 20, 2019
fabyom:
However, the guy dominated the midfield broke than all the Uganda attacks. They were having free ride before he came on.
Welcome boys unto the next one!

How many players in the past have been "Manu Quota system"?

The man has always found talents from across the country and they deserved to be there.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 4:09pm On Apr 20, 2019
forgiveness:

You miss na.

Yeah
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:09pm On Apr 20, 2019
some peeps said this on the front page

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 20, 2019
And I honestly thought the finishing will be better today. after the Angolan game. Nonsense. undecided
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 4:15pm On Apr 20, 2019
komekn:

I really do.not get carried away with U17 football because at best is indicative of potential not much more else.

Without thay potential being developed it can actually very sadly amount to ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

If U17 football was a major milestone in football progression and superior quality. Then we should be winning the World cup by now. But we are far from dominating African football.

How many of our U17 football players have progressed to top class football commensurate with the high levels they achieved at world youth level. ❓

I understand you...but you see the under 17 football serve us the opportunity to measure up with world football... you see the beauty of undiluted Africa talents and resilience... so painful that corruption all over nigeria is now prevalent too in our football even in the hearts of our coaches.....

nigeria refs are like the worst in Africa and same with coaches...how can you explain the acts of a coach placed on a salary of N5M monthly even some shell/chevron workers don't earn that. ..to be collecting bribe of mere $1000..... same man participate in the wafu tourney where got match bonus and some stipends and also match bonus from the super eagles wins never elude him and he still went ahead to take bribe...

nobody can convince me if the other cadet coaches ain't doing likewise....they're Nigerians so such is possible

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:15pm On Apr 20, 2019
fabyom:
However, the guy dominated the midfield broke than all the Uganda attacks. They were having free ride before he came on.
Welcome boys unto the next one!

It was Mayowa that came out for Fawaz. Ayobami later came off after he got a knock.

Fawaz I think, came on due to the physicality of the game.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:17pm On Apr 20, 2019
Humility017:

Hehehehehehe! grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 4:24pm On Apr 20, 2019
Great set of rough talented players that need to be properly nurtured into completeness
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 4:29pm On Apr 20, 2019
Humility017:

But , to be frank, that Ubani is one of the brightest talent in this set. Not as clinical as Osimhen but definitely more technical with the potential to become a world class free kick taker ,if well horned.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dannyxy(m): 4:31pm On Apr 20, 2019
I really don't get what all the whining is about sha.

A team that creates chances upon chances. Just needs a little tweak to score goals.. Mhen this young lags scored 5 in their first game... So the potential is there abeg

Reminder - raheem sterling used to be a very wasteful players, but his team is one that creates chances, a few modifications and he is one of the highest goal scorers in epl...

A team that creates up to 20 goal scoring chances, the day they find their scoring boots... Hehe. Teams go suffer grin grin

Make una free my boys abeg.. Le

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:34pm On Apr 20, 2019
komekn:

Oga, at least u have to first identify the potentials before you start talking about any development. We have identified some potentials and we are glad we did. Is there anything wrong with that?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:38pm On Apr 20, 2019
Earthquake3:

The bolded is clearly your opinion
which everyone knows is clearly biased towards EPL players

All these players have one thing in common, all of them are average if they made it in EPL, Onyekuru won't have to do anything special to make it in EPL

It seems that my opinion is shared by ESPN sports and w few others. In actual fact it is not am opinion but proven substantiated facts through statistical comparison.

In light of the statistical information who is therefore being EMOTIVELY BIASED and SENTIMENT and RATIONAL DRIVEN

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-van-dijk-bamba-cardiff-15409190

https://www.givemesport.com/1416780-liverpool-fan-tweets-after-espn-use-sol-bambas-stats-to-question-virgil-van-dijks-75m-fee
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 4:40pm On Apr 20, 2019
tbaba1234:

How many players in the past have been "Manu Quota system"?

The man has always found talents from across the country and they deserved to be there.
Exactly Baba! I was trying to quote some peeps that are complaining about those peeps tribe.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 4:42pm On Apr 20, 2019
Dannyxy:
I really don't get what all the whining is about sha.

A team that creates chances upon chances. Just needs a little tweak to score goals.. Mhen this young lags scored 5 in their first game... So the potential is there abeg

Reminder - raheem sterling used to be a very wasteful players, but his team is one that creates chances, a few modifications and he is one of the highest goal scorers in epl...

A team that creates up to 20 goal scoring chances, the day they find their scoring boots... Hehe. Teams go suffer grin grin

Make una free my boys abeg.. Le
Exactly my point!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by fabyom: 4:43pm On Apr 20, 2019
forgiveness:

It was Mayowa that came out for Fawaz. Ayobami later came off after he got a knock.

Fawaz I think, came on due to the physicality of the game.
I meant to say Abayomi! My name sake lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 4:47pm On Apr 20, 2019
forgiveness:

Hehehehehehe! grin

We should probably bring Omidiji back to come take Ubani's spot...smh. Anybody that have eyes for talent will not doubt Ubani's potential.

And ,just to stretch this a little further. You see, we have millions of talent players like this littered all over Nigeria , but the problem is that we dont have a solid/enough developmental programs where these players can be taught how to put their talent to good use. The tragedy is they end up in our local league who throw them right into the action without proper correction and polishing to mould them into a complete talents. After U17 if you dont get a good club abroad to nurture you ,you are as good as dead.
Most of the shhitty players you see playing for our local league were once an Ubani, Abayomi and co but due to lack of development programs they ended up with mere potential. Go to our local league and watch the matches and you will shed tears. A certain player could dribble the whole field of players and with an open net he will still miss the goal. Its not rocket science.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 4:56pm On Apr 20, 2019
fabyom:
I meant to say Abayomi! My name sake lol

Okay!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 5:19pm On Apr 20, 2019
OMANBALA1:

We should probably bring Omidiji back to come take Ubani's spot...smh. Anybody that have eyes for talent will not doubt Ubani's potential.

And ,just to stretch this a little further. You see, we have millions of talent players like this littered all over Nigeria , but the problem is that we dont have a solid/enough developmental programs where these players can be taught how to put their talent to good use. The tragedy is they end up in our local league who throw them right into the action without proper correction and polishing to mould them into a complete talents. After U17 if you dont get a good club abroad to nurture you ,you are as good as dead.
Most of the shhitty players you see playing for our local league were once an Ubani, Abayomi and co but due to lack of development programs they ended up with mere potential. Go to our local league and watch the matches and you will shed tears. A certain player could dribble the whole field of players and with an open net he will still miss the goal. Its not rocket science.

I am just getting to know the players and I am yet to make firm judgement on them though I am still thinking perhaps the strikers lack goal instinct.

But how come you think I want Ubani out for Omidiji? It is very funny.

I am not myopic in reasoning neither do I base my assessment and judgment on sentiments when looking out for talents.

If I see a good talent I will tell but if I see none in a player, I will also tell and nothing go happen. Una go just yab me tire but at the end of the day, all will see it was never based on sentiment.

However, I am still assessing all the players though Tijani and Jabaar can be singled out.

Anyway, if you are good, you will be noticed by clubs who are ready to sign you after the U17 tournament though I agree our local league can't develop our talents.

Our local league can develop if we remove government hands from football completely otherwise, nothing go happen.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by COOL10(m): 5:41pm On Apr 20, 2019
do4luv14:

oga no think am ooo, person wey go soon join WWE/wrestlemania

Lol

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 5:48pm On Apr 20, 2019
Ndidi 3rd best player for Leicester according to WhoScored

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 5:49pm On Apr 20, 2019
forgiveness:

I am just getting to know the players and I am yet to make firm judgement on them though I am still thinking perhaps the strikers lack goal instinct.

But how come you think I want Ubani out for Omidiji? It is very funny.

I am not myopic in reasoning neither do I base my assessment and judgment on sentiments when looking out for talents.

If I see a good talent I will tell but if I see none in a player, I will also tell and nothing go happen. Una go just yab me tire but at the end of the day, all will see it was never based on sentiment.

However, I am still assessing all the players though Tijani and Jabaar can be singled out.

Anyway, if you are good, you will be noticed by clubs who are ready to sign you after the U17 tournament though I agree our local league can't develop our talents.

Our local league can develop if we remove government hands from football completely otherwise, nothing go happen.

Lmao...You have some questionable behavior. How can you single out Tijani and Jabaar alone?? So far, Tijani has not outperformed Ubani and Jabaar was just playing his first game. At least, with this U17 set up you can be satisfied.....if you know,you know grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 5:53pm On Apr 20, 2019
so tanzania u17 didn't make it out of the group stage? amuneke's effect. wooooooow cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 5:55pm On Apr 20, 2019
OMANBALA1:

Lmao...You have some questionable behavior. How can you single out Tijani and Jabaar alone?? So far, Tijani has not outperformed Ubani and Jabaar was just playing his first game. At least, with this U17 set up you can be satisfied.....if you know,you know grin

No he is waiting for when U17 plays a 0-0 draw so he starts with his Lateef cry
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 6:03pm On Apr 20, 2019
charlesemeka85:
so tanzania u17 didn't make it out of the group stage? amuneke's effect. wooooooow cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

How so?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:13pm On Apr 20, 2019
when they almost beat the eaglets in the first match some folks said that amuneke and revolutionized their football so i wonder what they will say this time cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
OMANBALA1:

How so?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by obaaderemi: 6:13pm On Apr 20, 2019
Humility017:

there was no way the coach gonna include him. ...more so, he won't get a cut from his contract signing.
don't be surprised if the coach have been promised certain percentage cuts from players signing abroad...

I no longer trust nigeria coaches at all
It has been like that since the days of Westerhoff.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 6:19pm On Apr 20, 2019
Josh maja starts for Bordeaux

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 6:25pm On Apr 20, 2019
How come Jabaar won man of match ahead of some players? Bhuhahahah! grin

Photo U17 AFCON : Golden Eaglets Number 19 Picks Up Man Of The Match Award

Published: April 20, 2019

Photo U17 AFCON : Golden Eaglets Number 19 Picks Up Man Of The Match Award
For the third successive game, a Golden Eaglets player has been named Man of the Match in the group stage of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations.

Olisa Football Club Ijebu Ode frontman Ibraheem Jabaar was officially named the most outstanding player by the Confederation of African Football (CAF) as the Nigeria U17s and Uganda shared the spoils with a 1-1 draw at the Chamazi Stadium, Mbagala on Saturday afternoon.

Jabaar's goal in the 74th minute ensured Nigeria's qualification for the 2019 FIFA U17 World Cup in Brazil and the semifinals of the U17 AFCON.

Despite being under pressure, the number 19 controlled a long ball from the back before firing past Uganda glovesman Jack Komakech.

Sidos FC midfielder Akinkunmi Amoo won the Man of the Match accolade in Nigeria's opener against Tanzania and captain Samson Tijani was player of the match against Angola.

Five-time world champions Nigeria will face the second-placed team in Group B in the semifinals of the tournament on Wednesday, April 24, starting from 1400 hours.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=31857

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5811) (5812) (5813) (5814) (5815) (5816) (5817) ... (16701) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KpagoGIN(m), elyte89, ddone and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.