Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:12 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (5811) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11785912 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5808) (5809) (5810) (5811) (5812) (5813) (5814) ... (16195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by godspeed: 10:57am On Apr 20, 2019
komekn:

I haven't been to Egypt for a long time, my Father took me there as a child.

However, I am prejudiced. I see and read about thier political system where the rule of law is taking a battering. The creating of a DICTATORSHIP and president for Life.

The coptic Christians and the continous discrimination that face as well as blatant attacks by various groups.

When you go to Egypt and you stay in a 4/5 star � hotel. Not all of us can always afford that me included. You get a completely false view of Egypt, you are on the well insulated and protected tourist route. Where you are shown a very serene and compliant Egypt.

That is the Egypt my Caucasian work colleagues and associates love to visit. Coming back with all kinds of wonderful stories. It's not for me. And l know l will not have the same welcome.

My hope was for a Moroccan AFCON that didn't happen so l will not be going.

Now I'm scared.

Is it worth it?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by wayodude(m): 10:59am On Apr 20, 2019
godspeed:

Thanks for the first hand information bro.

From ur experience, what budget range should I be looking at for a 3-week stay ?

Wow 3 weeks is a long time, I couldn't possibly hazard a guess. I was there for 4 days and for that I had about £500 spending money, excluding my hotel bill which was paid upfront.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:09am On Apr 20, 2019
komekn:

Why don't you present your position with substance❓ Not just aimless words.

Who is Onyekuru better than

I am not jobless to start giving you list of players

Is Jordan ibe a better player than onyekuru ?

Is demerai gray better than onyekuru ?

Is Harvey Barnes better than onyekuru ?

See komekn please stop the hype and move on

Does the British pay you for this hype ?

I won't mention those headless chicken wingers at Huddersfield ,Cardiff and co

Who is a better winger in Fulham than onyekuru ,aside Ryan babel ?

Your own na to dey hype and talk long thing ,you no even dey observe players and you carry Epl hyping for head ,that's how you call success a waste man and hype solanke

Now tell me those players are better than onyekuru ,na people for this thread go tell you the truth and not me

Mr sentimental,please take a chill pill

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 11:16am On Apr 20, 2019
VAR OR REFEREE...we can never have PERFECT football match all the time in ALL matches...the margin of error may decrease but football is a human act not act of man.The VAR is controlled by humans..the referee is human too... c est a dire...that is to say....error is expected

Savvy?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 11:18am On Apr 20, 2019
andrew444:

I am not jobless to start giving you list of players

Is Jordan ibe a better player than onyekuru ?

Is demerai gray better than onyekuru ?

Is Harvey Barnes better than onyekuru ?

See komekn please stop the hype and move on

Does the British pay you for this hype ?

Mr sentimental,please take a chill pill

Many people are seriously underestimating Onyekuru because he's Nigerian

There comparing Hudson Odoi who does not have up to 5 career goals to him

If Ndidi is not playing in the EPL they would say people like Declan Rice are better than him

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:22am On Apr 20, 2019
Earthquake3:

Many people are seriously underestimating Onyekuru because he's Nigerian

There comparing Hudson Odoi who does not have up to 5 career goals to him

If Ndidi is not playing in the EPL they would say people like Declan Rice are better than him

I swear

They think Epl is everything

Take a look at those crappy wingers I mentioned over there ,now a certain komekn will come and say they are better than him

If you are good you are good

You think Barcelona and Madrid will pay 80 million for an English talent ? They won't because they know they are crap

Take a look at frenkie de Jong and de ligt ,no much hype but the whole European big boys are after them

I am glad Barca got de Jong

Look at David neres ,no be 40 million dem dey price am and a certain odoi is being priced at the same amount ,is that not an embarrassment to better young players ?

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 11:33am On Apr 20, 2019
andrew444:

I swear

They think Epl is everything

Take a look at those crappy wingers I mentioned over there ,now a certain komekn will come and say they are better than him

If you are good you are good

You think Barcelona and Madrid will pay 80 million for an English talent ? They won't because they know they are crap

Take a look at frenkie de Jong and de ligt ,no much hype but the whole European big boys are after them

I am glad Barca got de Jong

Look at David neres ,no be 40 million dem dey price am and a certain odoi is being priced at the same amount ,is that not an embarrassment to better young players ?

Yea David Neres is priced at 40 million, Odoi is priced for the same amount

Solanke was bought for 19million, Stones was bought for 50 million

Those who could not make it in la liga are conquering EPL Deulofue, Andre Gomes and co even Fabinho came from French league to conquer EPl

Overrated pieces of trash

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 11:39am On Apr 20, 2019
Earthquake3:

Yea David Neres is priced at 40 million, Odoi is priced for the same amount

Solanke was bought for 19million, Stones was bought for 50 million

Those who could not make it in la liga are conquering EPL Deulofue, Andre Gomes and co even Fabinho came from French league to conquer EPl

Overrated pieces of trash

Not saying the Epl is not good o ,they are one of the best league in the world no doubt

But I don't just like the hype and that's it

Check laliga players that has suceed in the Epl they are much ,I can't even call names

They will say a player that's not strong can't deal with the physicality of the Epl

Is it not the same lazy deulofeu that I know that's playing for watford ?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 11:45am On Apr 20, 2019
godspeed:

Now I'm scared.

Is it worth it?
There is a full blown insurgency in the Sinai area so do well to avoid there, aside that every other thing is fine.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:45am On Apr 20, 2019
Why has Paul Aigbogun ignored a player like Noah Okafor?

What do you think about him?

I think if him and Samu play on the wings we will go far in the U20.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2htfKRdQWYs

What do you think about Marvin Park? He is the one wearing jersey 11.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8O0I2y8Bok

This is Bobby Adekanye that has begged to play for the national team (youth) but was ignored. He has gone ahead to represent Holland at the youth level though his father said his son his open to play for Nigeria.

He has refused to extend his contract with Liverpool and will be playing for Lazio in the Seria A next season.

What do you think about his game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUadFPAfen4

Tbaba1234 is Paul Aigbogun interested in these players? If not, can you through your contact get him informed? Thanks

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 11:47am On Apr 20, 2019
andrew444:

Not saying the Epl is not good o ,they are one of the best league in the world no doubt

But I don't just like the hype and that's it

Check laliga players that has suceed in the Epl they are much ,I can't even call names

They will say a player that's not strong can't deal with the physicality of the Epl

Is it not the same lazy deulofeu that I know that's playing for watford ?

Yea even Bernard from Ukrainian league is doing well

People like Kokemn made it sound like EPL is something out of this world

Salah came from Italy and scored 32 goals in his first season, Aubameyang came from Germany and is currently on I7 goals

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:01pm On Apr 20, 2019
Earthquake3:

Yea even Bernard from Ukrainian league is doing well

People like Kokemn made it sound like EPL is something out of this world

Salah came from Italy and scored 32 goals in his first season, Aubameyang came from Germany and is currently on I7 goals

Lol

No mind am jare

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 12:10pm On Apr 20, 2019
andrew444:

Lol

No mind am jare

The thing pain me, no be EPL of Sol Bamba, Michail Antonio, Ashley Young, Pedro Obiang people who don't know the basics of football

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:13pm On Apr 20, 2019
Paul Aigbogun should please invite Paolo Gozzi Iweru to the camp.

Tbaba1234 is Paul Aigbogun interested in him? grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:35pm On Apr 20, 2019
Earthquake3:

The thing pain me, no be EPL of Sol Bamba, Michail Antonio, Ashley Young, Pedro Obiang people who don't know the basics of football

Sol Bamba is doing well ,dude should be 33

He has played mostly in the championship and turkey
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:06pm On Apr 20, 2019
wayodude:

I've been to Cairo and it was a nice experience...seeing the Nile at Night, the Pyramids etc

I stayed in a 4 star hotel in the zamalek area which is expensive but I had the budget to deal with that. Hotels in Cairo I reckon are cheaper than their equivalents in Lagos. I never felt insecure or discriminated against at anytime. Of course you need to have your eyes open and let common sense lead you like you would anywhere else.

I have never been pickpocketed or duped by locals in any Nigerian town but I have in London and Florence!

The only negative I can say I experienced in Egypt is the local driving culture, but then if you live in Lagos you will be well versed in a similar culture.

Having said all this your experience could be different in the chaos that a major sporting event will undoubtedly bring to the city.

So you were pick pocketed in London. Well that's not too bad for a big city like London. I guess you cannot be complacent you must " shine your eye"

If its any comfort, my older brother was mugged at gun point in London at a cash machine. He initially, "as a made in Warri Guy" first head but the first guy, colobee the second before they now put gun for him head. So he had to form ice water. They then took his card got his pin and put it into a hand held card reader bypassed security and emptied both current and savings account of tens of thousands ££.

So consider yourself lucky.

Finally the fans in Egypt are known for unrestricted crazy football violence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:18pm On Apr 20, 2019
komekn:

Agreed.

But then we are not all under obligation to follow the hype and should not be called HATERS when we disagree or do not join the bandwagon.

Well, about the hype here.
Some of us are fond of calling others haters. I don't really get it though, honestly. I just think some are more critical in their observations than others. Frankly, I don't get the whole "hater" thing.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:19pm On Apr 20, 2019
Chaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! See as Tottenham missed 3 one on one chances against Manchester City. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 1:22pm On Apr 20, 2019
SE to play Benin instead of Ghana
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 1:39pm On Apr 20, 2019
Nigeria U17 Starting XI : Sunday Stephen; Tanko, Oduko, Ikenna, Ishaya; Tijani, Amoo, Olaniyan, Abayomi; Jabaar, Ubani.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:46pm On Apr 20, 2019
tbaba1234:

That picture is too blurry to make a conclusion either way.

And if we assume you are right that it was his account, it still does not show that he is older than 17 and there is no way to show that the information is accurate. At 15/16, many people enter the university these days. By 18/19, many are midway through university. My younger sister was finished by 19 and she studied a 5 year course.

What i know is this, the boy has grown bigger and taller than he was 2 years ago, suggesting that he is still growing. And he passed MRI which means he is under or close to the age range. At this point, that is the best we can hope for.

That's about the best way to put it. That's the reality of Nigeria

At least we no longer have men of 23+ parading themselves as U17.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 1:53pm On Apr 20, 2019
godspeed:

Thanks for the first hand information bro.

From ur experience, what budget range should I be looking at for a 3-week stay ?

On a tight budget and take advantage of various synergies from living with the locals.

My suggestion AirBnB you can get a good quality room in a shared apartment in decent area for about £10 a night or even less.

With such a long stay you can probably negotiate a good discount.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 1:56pm On Apr 20, 2019
Sylvester Igboun keeps on scoring

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 2:11pm On Apr 20, 2019
Earthquake3:

Sol Bamba is one the best Defender in the EPL, his Manager rated him higher than Van Dyke. Again Neil is clearly biased but not stupid.

When making claims albeit tongue and cheek be sure to be objective. None of our current defenders are better than Sol Bamba in my opinion he is among the top three defenders in the EPL.

All the players you mentioned would walk straight into the SE without hesitation.

Michael Antonio is like a one man riot squad on his day unplayable. Ashley Young is a very cool and level headed defender now. Because he looks so young you forger he will be 34 thus year and still first choice at Manchester United.

Pedro played 128 games for Sampdoria that includes 4 seasons in Seria A, that's not easy.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 2:16pm On Apr 20, 2019
komekn:

Sol Bamba is one the best Defender in the EPL, his Manager rated him higher than Van Dyke. Again Neil is clearly biased but not stupid.

When making claims albeit tongue and cheek be sure to be objective.None of our current defenders are better than Sol Bamba in my opinion he is among the top three defenders in the EPL.

All the players you mentioned would walk straight into the SE without hesitation.

Michael Antonio is like a one man riot squad on his day unplayable. Ashley Young is a very cool and level headed defender now. Because he looks so young you forger he will be 34 thus year and still first choice at Manchester United.

Pedro played 128 games for Sampdoria that includes 4 seasons in Seria A, that's not easy.

The bolded is clearly your opinion which everyone knows is clearly biased towards EPL players

All these players have one thing in common, all of them are average if they made it in EPL, Onyekuru won't have to do anything special to make it in EPL
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:28pm On Apr 20, 2019
Uganda don start to dey control game after we dominated for 22 minutes.

They almost scored from a corner.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 2:30pm On Apr 20, 2019
Any live links?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:31pm On Apr 20, 2019
We missed a one on one with the goalkeeper.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:33pm On Apr 20, 2019
Scores 0:0
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:34pm On Apr 20, 2019
forgiveness:
We missed a one on one with the goalkeeper.

Normal for this team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 2:37pm On Apr 20, 2019
tbaba1234:

Normal for this team.

Not good in this kind of game. Uganda are equally good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:39pm On Apr 20, 2019
I am looking for a link o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5808) (5809) (5810) (5811) (5812) (5813) (5814) ... (16195) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Christinu2, Ppogbae and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.