Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (6040) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11705669 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6037) (6038) (6039) (6040) (6041) (6042) (6043) ... (16161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:23pm On May 29, 2019
Danielnino00:

I don't bring beer parlour gists here... You were the one that jumped in on my comment in the first place.
Anyway. Here's proof from ur darling UK news outlet of Liverpool wanting to replace Shaqiri with Chukwueze ..

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/22/liverpool-considering-selling-xherdan-shaqiri-villarreals-samuel-chukwueze-radar-9654703/

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/05/23/liverpool-could-sanction-shaqiri-transfer-to-make-room-for-lightning-quick-la-liga-starlet/

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1127850/Liverpool-transfer-news-Jurgen-Klopp-Samuel-Chukwueze-David-Neres-Julian-Brandt

I'd prefer him to stay at Villarreal and develop.. But his career won't die if he joins Liverpool either... Finitio!

Proof of what

That Liverpool may have considered him alongside 100 other players across the globe.

In actual fact it's proof of NOTHING.

Until an official bid is made its simply wind and fresh air = NUTTIN.

I know several football agents who are able to manipulate the press with half truths and exaggerations it's simply the business of football.

When l said l had not heard anything about him l really meant from those who matter in the club not the press.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:25pm On May 29, 2019
We sent genuine kids home to field all these uncles. It is tragic.

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 6:28pm On May 29, 2019
tbaba1234:

They were camped in Abuja alongside the under 17. They played friendlies with local teams.

They did not just come together and go to Germany.. They were camped for several months in Nigeria.

I did a little digging and found out that they only played 2 or 3 friendly games. You can check the link and listen to the audio interview by a team official.

https://www.busybuddiesng.com/fifa-u20-world-cup-flying-eagles-have-proved-themselves-says-official-as-team-head-to-camp-in-germany-audio/

They couldn't play against NPFL teams because of the nature of the abridged league this season.
It is very obvious the camp was very short. Back in 2005 Siasia's teams started camping early in February for the tournament in June.
Preparation for semi professional players like the U20s takes more than a month.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:32pm On May 29, 2019
Barryseal:

I did a little digging and found out that they only played 2 or 3 friendly games. You can check the link and listen to the audio interview by a team official.

https://www.busybuddiesng.com/fifa-u20-world-cup-flying-eagles-have-proved-themselves-says-official-as-team-head-to-camp-in-germany-audio/

They couldn't play against NPFL teams because of the nature of the abridged league this season.
It is very obvious the camp was very short. Back in 2005 Siasia's teams started camping early in February for the tournament in June.

The team has been in construction since early 2018. They played the AFCON in February. After the AFCON, they took like a month off and reassembled.

He had more than enough time to build a solid team..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 6:42pm On May 29, 2019
Barryseal:
The Nff are to blame for the poor performance of this U20s. I wouldn't blame the coaches or players. It was the Nff's responsibility to organize a bootcamp a month after the AYC where the coaches will groom the home based U20 players and few fringe players based abroad ,play select friendly games against local academies and NPFL clubs. This way, players are selected using the process of elimination by substitution ,till they get the very best players and a well meshed team.

The so selected players will then proceed to Austria where the foreign based players join up for the final camping to beef up the squad.
This was the template that yielded results for SIASIA prior to 2005 set and his Rio Olympic team.

Aigbogun has very little blame as the whole process wasn't well set up. Pinicks board have been clueless when it comes to grooming age grade teams.
Agreed NFF did not organize friendlies and the likes....
Did that made those old men playing farmers....
Baba, that coach is poor..he his tactically inept too jur
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 29, 2019
If he really bribed his way to the top, of course he would do everything possible to recoup every penny he spent... Useless Coach

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Earthquake3: 6:47pm On May 29, 2019
Barryseal:

Preparation for semi professional players like the U20s takes more than a month.

Stop giving useless excuses, Aigbogun played against foreign youth teams and a national friendly

I wonder Siasia was fortunate enough to have those kinds of friendlies
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Toylove: 6:48pm On May 29, 2019
Barryseal:

Oga the team should have been camped in Nigeria after the AYC. The Austria camping should have been the final lap of preparation leading up to the world cup.
What's so confusing to understand here?
How long did the young American team camped?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 7:19pm On May 29, 2019
tbaba1234:
Aigbogun had more than a year to find the best blend of players..

It's not just about finding players. You have to have a long camping with these players to properly test them and impose your style and vision on the players. Team building is hydra headed.
Camping the players is entirely up to the Nff to finance not the coach.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 7:25pm On May 29, 2019
Toylove:

How long did the young American team camped?

Do you know that USA team played 13 games prior to this world cup. They played Japan and Spain enroute to this tournament and of the 13games they played they lost none.
Let me leave it to your imagination how long they have been together.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:26pm On May 29, 2019
That's my problem with this silly coach.
He had pool of quality young players to choose from
funnily enough he went for these old cargoes.
This guy should never be allowed to coach any Nigerian team again.
The under 23 guys are younger than these old morons sorry to say.
Olulong:

Exactly that's why i won't blame only scouts, I blame the coaches more. To think that more than 12 Foreign Born came to camp with the flying eagles and he picked only 3 and he has only started one of them in the competition is just so annoying. Instead he has decided to use Grandpa Offia and Great grandpa Effiong. If the other guys he shunned go on to have good careers for thier adopted country we start regretting and wishing "Had we known". The only players I'm looking forward to in this competition are Dele, Ofoborh, Makanjuola and Zacalla because those are mainly the position we need bodies in the super Eagles and they look like they could have a long career because they r still young. the rest will probably just fizzle out in no time

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:30pm On May 29, 2019
But how come most of you guys on here were singing his praises after the first game

Wait until they win the next game and sfolks would turn 180 degrees again.

Naija soccer fans, na wao for una!!

O pari

Marjoribanks:
That's my problem with this silly coach.
He had pool of quality young players to choose from
funnily enough he went for these old cargoes.
This guy should never be allowed to coach any Nigerian team again.
The under 23 guys are younger than these old morons sorry to say.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 29, 2019
tbaba1234:

The team has been in construction since early 2018. They played the AFCON in February. After the AFCON, they took like a month off and reassembled.

He had more than enough time to build a solid team..

Probably the camping should have started 4 years ago grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 7:33pm On May 29, 2019
sontoly:

You are right on point sir, siasia sacrificed a lot for this team to show you it wasn't a fluke he did it again at the Olympics.

I recall a particular incident when they were ejected from their hotel. Siaone cried to Bayelsa state government to get sponsorship. The man was driven by an unprecedented passion for excellence.
He should be in the set-up as technical director of youth football at the glass house if we were serious about football development in this country.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:34pm On May 29, 2019
WAFU fixtures

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:36pm On May 29, 2019
Barryseal:

It's not just about finding players. You have to have a long camping with these players to properly test them and impose your style and vision on the players. Team building is hydra headed.
Camping the players is entirely up to the Nff to finance not the coach.

NFF gave the team good preparation.

Aigbogun had a long enough camping exercise. Instead of using the Germany trip for blending, he took 23 home based players..

The Germany camp became a jamboree.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:37pm On May 29, 2019
Barryseal:

I recall a particular incident when they were ejected from their hotel. Siaone cried to Bayelsa state government to get sponsorship. The man was driven by an unprecedented passion for excellence.
He should be in the set-up as technical director of youth football at the glass house if we were serious about football development in this country.

Siasia is a good coach but he should never coach a Nigerian team again.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:45pm On May 29, 2019
Icon79:
But how come most of you guys on here were singing his praises after the first game

Wait until they win the next game and sfolks would turn 180 degrees again.

Naija soccer fans, na wao for una!!

O pari

I didn't watch the first game.
After watching the second game and seeing those boys on TV.
I felt so ashamed! Tijani is 18.
How ridiculous!!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Marjoribanks: 7:49pm On May 29, 2019
Barryseal:

I believe tbaba has given you a thorough Education.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 8:07pm On May 29, 2019
tbaba1234:

NFF gave the team good preparation.

Aigbogun had a long enough camping exercise. Instead of using the Germany trip for blending, he took 23 home based players..

The Germany camp became a jamboree.
Playing just 3games is not indicative of a long camping. USA played 13 games.

My bad, they actually played 15games.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 29, 2019
tbaba1234:

Why should he be banned from coaching a Nigerian game? Because of unproven allegations? What is crystal clear is that he has won laurels, two silvers and a bronze as a coach working in extremely difficult situations, in essence drawing water out of a rock. Even a Japanese man acknowledged him and his team's incredible achievement.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 8:08pm On May 29, 2019
Marjoribanks:

I believe tbaba has given you a thorough Education.
OK, each to his own bro.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:09pm On May 29, 2019
Amuneke played for Barcelona oo

Azzez should be on the bench..

Finidi should be their captain

Ohenhen made sure Compostela was never relegated in his years...year after year he kept pulling their chest-nut out of fire in relegation battles...

The two Uches are good to go

Peter Rufai was at La Coruna...though Jacque Songo was first choice..i pick him ahead of Agbonibasket
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Barryseal: 8:09pm On May 29, 2019
Taliban:

Why should he be banned from coaching a Nigerian game? Because of unproven allegations? What is crystal clear is that he has won laurels, two silvers and a bronze as a coach working in extremely difficult situations, in essence drawing water out of a rock. Even a Japanese man acknowledged him and his team's incredible achievement.
That comment really weak my moral to reply him. Walahi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:12pm On May 29, 2019
Taliban:

Personally Siasia should be our Jose Peckerman fro Argentina u20...Just like Manu Garba is to u17..Siasia should be the boss, perennially at u20 or u23...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:16pm On May 29, 2019
tbaba1234:
We sent genuine kids home to field all these uncles. It is tragic.

Uncles keh grin grin grin grin grin grin

U deh kill me with laff
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:19pm On May 29, 2019
A fight is going on at Warsaw airport now...South African and Mexican players are fighting officials who presented a boeing 737 plane for their departures... grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:21pm On May 29, 2019
tbaba1234:

What are your reasons ?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 8:26pm On May 29, 2019
sontoly:

You are right on point sir, siasia sacrificed a lot for this team to show you it wasn't a fluke he did it again at the Olympics.

And someone said siasia should not coach Nigeria again

More aigbogun to come for eagles u20
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:27pm On May 29, 2019
Truidstar:

Sir, what most people don't realize is that Nigerian football is evolving. Think back when Finidi George, Iroha, Mike Obiku, Babangida, Keshi and co left the local league and walked into the first team of top clubs in Europe. Can the same thing happen today? Was our league better organized then? Academy football is big business today in Nigeria. The best players are there. Just selling 2 players a year from your academy to a club in Latvia or Luxembourg will net you minimum of 1million euros. That's over N400 million. Which NPFL club will pay that?
Those players proved themselves in national colors and not club colors no?
Yes, the league isn't rich,who's to blame? The players?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 8:38pm On May 29, 2019
From Experience Siasia remain our best age group coach...Look at his teams..full of flair...grit...tact..skill...and result-oriented

He has not been given enough time to coach Super Eagles like Amodu was given,like Keshi was given...i am sure that if given enough time he would surpass these coaches...his style of coaching mirrors the Nigerian spirit...resilience..tenacity..and counter-attack...

Imama is still an upstart...let him take us to the Olympics first all...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 8:57pm On May 29, 2019
Icon4s:

te author=realpoacher post=78812793]Its annoying to see that our rant here amounts to nothing, yet we go on and on and on arguing daily about everything bad concerning our football.

I think is better we find a way of getting our thoughts and discussion over to the NFF somehow. Its either we further our discussion on the NFF Twitter page or do something else.

We screamed to high heavens during the AYC about these Grandpas yet Mr Paul flew them over to Poland.

We have been screaming loud here and tracking most of our Foreign boys here yet they keep getting ignored while their resident countries snap them up.

We on this thread have to do something, anything somehow. Our suggestions, our cry, our comments must be heard. If the lazy NFF have to follow this thread as scouting ground for our boys overseas, I don't care.

Cc tbaba, icons, christkels, thegoodjoe, andrew44, junnyjake, forgiveness, komekn, Bascovanveli, Humility, etc you guys have to spearhead this one way or another

I am tired of empty ramblings without end product angry angry
Bros, posts and activities from this forum go farther than where you think.

Just take that from me.

Then why are we not seen any improvements? angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (6037) (6038) (6039) (6040) (6041) (6042) (6043) ... (16161) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: daveP(m), TheSuperNerd(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.