Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) (35341 Views)

The Son My Late Dad Had Out Of Wedlock Locked My Mum Out Of Our House, Pls Advis / Missing Man In Benin / My Mum's Not Dead!’-Daughter Of Missing Abuja-based Woman Insist Her Mum's Alive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by Islie: 1:41pm On Mar 30, 2016
The skeleton of a 46-year-old man identified as Sikiru Yusuf was found in his room seven months after he was declared missing.

Yusuf, a resident of 21, Jaiyesinmi Street, Aga, Ikorodu, was discovered by his elder brother, Alhaji Basiru Yusuf, who at the instance of the deceased’s landlady, came to pack his property.

It was gathered that the aged landlady, who resides at the topmost floor of the one-storey building house as the deceased, became apprehensive after he was not seen for four months.

The Nation gathered that the nature of Yusuf’s job usually took him out of town for two or three months before he would return.
Hence, no one raised an eyebrow when he was not seen in the first three months, during which the stench from his decomposing corpse was passed off as a dead rat’s smell.

When he was not seen for about five months, it was learnt that his family members at Ikosi in Ketu were notified and they assumed he might have travelled.
But the landlady grew impatient by the seventh month, requesting that his family should evacuate his belongings from the room, since he had not shown up.

This prompted the senior Yusuf to visit his brother’s residence at about 12:30pm on Monday and forced the door open in the presence of the landlady and other residents.

As soon as the door opened, it was gathered that the family members and the tenants saw the skeleton of the occupant on the floor, with a rope beside it. They said this suggested that he might have committed suicide.

According to the landlady’s daughter, Funmi Badewa, they did not suspect anything was wrong because the deceased was not always around.

“At first, we thought he must have gone for his job, which usually kept him away for two or three months. But we became worried and contacted his family when we did not see him after some months.

“We went to his family at Ikosi in Ketu and asked after him. But they too said they have not seen him and that he probably travelled. When it was seven months, his brother now came and said they would pack his things since no one has seen him.

“They broke the door and that was when his skeleton was found on the ground. We also saw a rope, which means he might have committed suicide.

“There was a time we perceived bad odour, but we thought that a rat might have died somewhere. The smell lasted several days. No one even thought it could be a dead human being,” she said.

The deceased’s brother was said to have rushed to Ikorodu Police Division to make a report and a team of detectives, who followed him back to the scene, evacuated the body.

It could not be ascertained if the deceased was married or have children, as his neighbours said he lived alone in the apartment.

Confirming the development, the state command’s spokesperson, Dolapo Badmos, a Superintendent of Police (SP), said the body has been deposited at a public morgue for autopsy.

“The complainant said he was invited by his brother’s landlady to evacuate his belongings because he absconded and locked his room and parlour apartment up for seven months.

“However, when the door was forced open, it was discovered that the said Sikiru Yusuf had died long ago as his skeleton was found on the floor.

“On receipt of complaint, a team of detectives visited, examined and photographed the scene, while the remains was removed and deposited at public morgue for autopsy. Investigation is ongoing to unravel what actually transpired,” she said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/mans-skeleton-found-room-missing-seven-months/

Pic: the building where the man lived and died

Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by jcross19: 1:47pm On Mar 30, 2016
Where is the picture of the skeleton?, was he the only tenant in that house? Didn't they know different between the odour of a dead rat and human being?. Infact there are many questions that surround his death if the story is true.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by martyns303(m): 1:49pm On Mar 30, 2016
Declared him missing but never bothered to check him at home?

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Mar 30, 2016
and no one perceived any foul odour . . ??

4 Likes

Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by pweetychyka(f): 1:55pm On Mar 30, 2016
Dere is still some truth to be told... OP, please follow this story judiciously undecided undecided

7 Likes

Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by stevbance: 3:22pm On Mar 30, 2016
Thank God I dont have skeletons in my cupboard

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by harmless011: 3:22pm On Mar 30, 2016
So many strange things dey happen for lagos.

1 Like

Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by Integrityfarms(m): 3:23pm On Mar 30, 2016
So it means no one ever entered the room for the past seven months?

At times is not always good for people to mind their business o!

#beyourbrotherskeeper

10 Likes

Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by Queennikky(f): 3:23pm On Mar 30, 2016
What version of super story is this biko nu

3 Likes

Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 30, 2016
Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by Goldenheart(m): 3:24pm On Mar 30, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by bluaero(m): 3:24pm On Mar 30, 2016
Pikshor of the skeleton or .........

3 Likes

Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by MadCow1: 3:24pm On Mar 30, 2016
SO bad odor dey commot from neighbor house wey I never take eye see for 7 months, dem say na rat die..

Ehn Family report am missing, meanwhile nobody bother to go check ehn house wether e dey there.. grin

Anyways.. Make I first drink Corn flakes before I continue to dey read this stories that touch..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by Saffybomb: 3:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
pweetychyka:
Dere is still some truth to be told... OP, please follow this story judiciously undecided undecided

Landlo4d don kill d man because of rent, of of story

1 Like

Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by Robinhood477: 3:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
chi....buhari again dis country
Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
picx of skeleton or ion believe it
Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
Islie:

http://thenationonlineng.net/mans-skeleton-found-room-missing-seven-months/
Pic: the building where the man lived and died
Oya Nigeria Police, unravel this one, not complicate it ooo
Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by tolustx(m): 3:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
Pls sir, do u know d differences between d smell of a dead rat and a dead human?
jcross19:
Where is the picture of the skeleton?, was he the only tenant in that house? Didn't they know different between the odour of a dead rat and human being?. Infact there are many questions that surround his death if the story is true.
That kinda experience is rare.

2 Likes

Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by forgiveness: 3:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
Hmm!
Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by kennysteve77: 3:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
If he was truly declared MISSING, then the Investigating Police Officer should be queried.
Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by waloma(m): 3:26pm On Mar 30, 2016
G
Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 30, 2016
Jonathanohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked shocked shocked

Where is his MTN line? undecided
Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 30, 2016
I need a picture of d skeleton Op. wanna conduct an experiment. But wait a minute oh, must I comment?
Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by pweetychyka(f): 3:27pm On Mar 30, 2016
Saffybomb:

Landlo4d don kill d man because of rent, of of story

I know no oooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Let's wait for more info sha
Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by SPG4U(m): 3:27pm On Mar 30, 2016
Life of an intovert
Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by ochuko2020: 3:27pm On Mar 30, 2016
angry where pix
Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by Robinhood477: 3:27pm On Mar 30, 2016
nawo

Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 30, 2016
I hope the police know what to do..... Rip
Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by Originality007: 3:28pm On Mar 30, 2016
n

1 Like

Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by skywalker495(m): 3:28pm On Mar 30, 2016
N so goes a nigga embarassed
Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by HRich(m): 3:28pm On Mar 30, 2016
And the Skeleton couldn't be Snapped?
NawaoO.
Pix please.
Re: Skeleton Of Missing Man Found In Locked Lagos Apartment (pic) by amdoyin82(m): 3:29pm On Mar 30, 2016
Hmmmm.. Nonsense life

(1) (2) (Reply)

Now You Can Bury Your Loved Ones In A Coffee Table. Viewers discretion See Pic / I Kept My Wife’s Corpse In A Room For Three Months Hoping She Would Wake Up –edw / 60-Year-Old Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After Many Years Of Waiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.