Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,821 members, 7,828,004 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

How Are You Coping and Surviving As A Lone Child? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Are You Coping and Surviving As A Lone Child? (737 Views)

How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? / Parents, How Are You Coping This Season? / Coping As A Single Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Are You Coping and Surviving As A Lone Child? by Oloniyan(m): 2:23pm On Mar 30, 2016
I don't know maybe this section is the best for this topic but i'm gonna put it here and the mods like lalasticlala will do justice to it wink
I used to wonder how kids be it orphan, abandoned or living with a single parent do cope.
Sometimes, there would be great need for someone to talk to or pour out your entire heart but there wont be anyone to lean on especially the orphans. Its so sad leaving all alone with no one to confide in. Just you alone with your thoughts and God if you have any.
These sets of people seems not to understand love and care. They just live to live embarassed.

Now my question is 'How are you coping and sustaining as an orphan or living with a single parent '

Your opinions count as it may save a soul and also help those in this situation.
Re: How Are You Coping and Surviving As A Lone Child? by tpiah01: 2:55pm On Mar 30, 2016
Your thread title does not match your thread content.

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping and Surviving As A Lone Child? by Oloniyan(m): 3:01pm On Mar 30, 2016
tpiah01:
Your thread title does not match your thread content.

Me think LONE means "having no company". if you are in their shoe then you will understand better my brother
Re: How Are You Coping and Surviving As A Lone Child? by tpiah01: 3:28pm On Mar 30, 2016
Oloniyan:

Me think LONE means "having no company". if I am in their shoe then I will understand better my brother

you have still not explained your discrepancy.
Re: How Are You Coping and Surviving As A Lone Child? by austine4real(m): 7:30pm On Mar 30, 2016
It's been God almighty.

No be wetin u wan hear?

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping and Surviving As A Lone Child? by byvan03: 8:12pm On Mar 30, 2016
Even those with parents can't confide in them. The average Nigerian parent makes a very bad confidant, confide in yourself, by yourself and for yourself cheesy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are You Coping and Surviving As A Lone Child? by Dyt(f): 8:19pm On Mar 30, 2016
Well
I grew up with a single mum of 5 kids
I happen to be the last and the only daughter
Surprisingly the only times I ever missed and thought about my dad was in secondary school when my friends talks about dad coming for visiting days
I told mum I wanna see my dad
She took me there and I asked him all sorts
Not blaming my mum for leaving
If you know what polygamy is, you won't stay

I am all grown now
Hoping to have a family of my own
No I don't wanna be a single parent nor my kids grow without seeing dad everyday
#dontjudgeme

But I will tell you
Some kids do well with or without a mother/father
Re: How Are You Coping and Surviving As A Lone Child? by Oloniyan(m): 8:30pm On Mar 30, 2016
austine4real:
It's been God almighty.

No be wetin u wan hear?

Yeah I know. But what of those times you feel like leaning on someone for strength?
Re: How Are You Coping and Surviving As A Lone Child? by Oloniyan(m): 8:34pm On Mar 30, 2016
Dyt:
Well
I grew up with a single mum of 5 kids
I happen to be the last and the only daughter
Surprisingly the only times I ever missed and thought about my dad was in secondary school when my friends talks about dad coming for visiting days
I told mum I wanna see my dad
She took me there and I asked him all sorts
Not blaming my mum for leaving
If you know what polygamy is, you won't stay

I am all grown now
Hoping to have a family of my own
No I don't wanna be a single parent nor my kids grow without seeing dad everyday
#dontjudgeme

But I will tell you
Some kids do well with or without a mother/father

Sure they do well with or without but there is no way it won't affect their mental reasoning.
For example, I don't know how to exhibit parental love even when I start my own family cos I never witnessed such and its kinda painful though.
Re: How Are You Coping and Surviving As A Lone Child? by Oloniyan(m): 8:35pm On Mar 30, 2016
byvan03:
Even those with parents can't confide in them. The average Nigerian parent makes a very bad confidant, confide in yourself, by yourself and for yourself cheesy.

Hmmm thanks

1 Like

Re: How Are You Coping and Surviving As A Lone Child? by austine4real(m): 8:47pm On Mar 30, 2016
Oloniyan:

Yeah I know. But what of those times you feel like leaning on someone for strength?
God is nt too deaf to hear u.

What of ur friends,relations etc?
Re: How Are You Coping and Surviving As A Lone Child? by Dyt(f): 8:47pm On Mar 30, 2016
Oloniyan:

Sure they do well with or without but there is no way it won't affect their mental reasoning.
For example, I don't know how to exhibit parental love even when I start my own family cos I never witnessed such and its kinda painful though.

That's you
Not me
I can make a home even when I nag
tongue

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Confession Time: Did You Overpackage Before Your Spouce Married You? / No More Mr. Nice Guy / For Your Laundry Service, Contact Experienced Hands (lekki And Environs)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.