Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,265 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? (3477 Views)

We Met On Nairaland 4 Years Ago, Now We Are Married! / Why Are Married Men Quiet And Condone Rubbish In Their Homes? / Photo Of Twins Who Are Married To Twins And Gave Birth Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 05, 2017
I am a man of marriageable age who is dead scared of getting married as I see the rise of ultra materialistic women/girls in Nigeria, a very bad economy and a general rise in the prices of goods and services.

Does it mean that all married people are millionaires as the Nigerian standard for going into relationships is too high for the Nigerian economy? I can go on and on but I just want to ask how married people are coping? Do you get denied of sex if you don't bring money home? I have always been scared of Nigerian women but I am super scared now with what I see on social media.

Thank you in advance.

NB: I live and work in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by serenegroup(m): 11:47pm On Sep 05, 2017
Out there in the love market there is a size for everyone go for your own size. I marvelled how my machanic is managing with 4 children in this economy

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Sep 05, 2017
serenegroup:
Out there in the love market there is a size for everyone go for your own size. I marvelled how my machanic is managing with 4 children in this economy

But some of us cannot go below certain standards because of the level of education. The educated college girls based in a city like Lagos are very expensive. The market is tough out there. I cannot make a projection on when I would tie the knots with any woman as I am scared of most of them.

7 Likes

Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Sep 05, 2017
serenegroup:
Out there in the love market there is a size for everyone [/b]go for your own size[b]. I marvelled how my machanic is managing with 4 children in this economy

I missed the bolded portion of your post. You have a point though. If the desirable is unavailable, the available becomes desirable right?

6 Likes

Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by Zilifish: 12:22am On Sep 06, 2017
Bros run! Im in hell!! Pls marry your friend or your life will be a living hell

10 Likes

Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by braine(m): 12:37am On Sep 06, 2017
You are not alone.
Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by yomi007k(m): 1:56am On Sep 06, 2017
undecided

Walai....its becoming a national issue.

Most married guys wont tell u the truth.

9 Likes

Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by Willybos(m): 6:50am On Sep 06, 2017
yomi007k:
undecided
Walai....its becoming a national issue.

Most married guys wont tell u the truth.
hmmm, marriage is now a very terrible fin in dis country...
Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by yomi007k(m): 7:35am On Sep 06, 2017
Willybos:

hmmm, marriage is now a very terrible fin in dis country...
shocked

Bros wetin u see wey make u talk so?

How ur side nau...

1 Like

Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by chuckdee4(m): 3:31pm On Sep 06, 2017
All I can advice is to run your own race, stop looking at other peoples scenarios.
Go out there and write your own story, cut your coat according to your size, trust me there are reasonable girls out there, forget all the slay mamas you see on social media, a good girl will help you save your money, afterall the more you save the more you can spend on her.

13 Likes

Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by Willybos(m): 9:56pm On Sep 06, 2017
yomi007k:
shocked

Bros wetin u see wey make u talk so?

How ur side nau...
everyfin is gud ooo.... Bros, went u come into the system of marriage. em sure u will understand what am talking about...
Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 06, 2017
chuckdee4:
All I can advice is to run your own race, stop looking at other peoples scenarios.
Go out there and write your own story, cut your coat according to your size, trust me there are reasonable girls out there, forget all the slay mamas you see on social media, a good girl will help you save your money, afterall the more you save the more you can spend on her.

Nice one.
Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by OrdercityWeb: 11:48pm On Sep 06, 2017
Lol!
How come no lady has commented since. Abi did they......? undecided

Oya pocohantas YelloweWest
Lalas247
Dominique
Sorry for the mention, but i know at least some of you folks are married or close to.
Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by Acidosis(m): 12:22am On Sep 07, 2017
9 out of 10 men and women you see out there are unmarriageable.

Slay mamas and fck boys everywhere.

Don't marry a woman that shares opposite characteristics with you; she will kill you. If you hate Snapchat and the likes, don't go after a woman that Snapchat 247, she will kill you with frustration unless your maturity level is at 100%.

If you hate alcohol, don't go after a woman that drinks beer, she'll kill you.

If you've never had s.ex in your life, or you have less than 2 sex experience, don't go after one with many body counts, you will never be enough for her. You might die searching for useless experience, its all lies, even animals have se.x, experience is not needed to enjoy s.ex.

Get details of previous relationships. Mind you, marriage does not cure cheating, marriage is not a self-control pill.

If you love God, go after one that shares same passion. If you enjoy clubbing, go after one that loves clubbing.
When u go clubbing and u abandon your SU wife at home to attend Friday Vigil, she'd appreciate those church brothers more. When you stay at home enjoying your alone/introverted moments, and you leave your woman to attend all kinds of owanbes and holidays alone, chances are that she'd meet other men that share same passion with her out there. This is the reason many nollywood marriages die.

Finding the right person is simple, red flags are everywhere for all to see, some people only choose to be blind. If she asks you more than her father has ever given her, RUN! People run into marital problems because they feel they can selfishly tap from the other. If she's marrying you because of wealth, car, business, and she has none of these, you're in hot SOUP. If you're marrying her because of her butt and beauty, and you're as ugly as fck (because u selfishly desire handsome kids to brag on Facebook), you've already created a deficit, something, somehow and someday will make up for your deficiency.

Can two people walk together unless they agree? Absolutely No! That's the reason you MUST marry your friend. A true friend will LOVE to share the same experience with you, even if her daddy owns a Lamborghini, she'd love to take that Okada ride with you for the fun of it..

46 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by YelloweWest: 7:38am On Sep 07, 2017
angry
Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by toyeem(f): 10:45am On Sep 07, 2017
OrdercityWeb:
Lol!
How come no lady has commented since. Abi did they......? undecided

Oya pocohantas YelloweWest
Lalas247
Dominique
Sorry for the mention, but i know at least some of you folks are married or close to.

Seriously,I don't comment on issues like this but since you called on women. I will oo. Everyone has his/her own size in this market ooo but when you target a size that you cannot manage,you are simply doomed for life. My sister got dumped by a useless he-goat simply because she doesn't belong to his class of exotic babes.Everyone went there separate ways,married another person and d mumu is now telling me to apologize to my sister on his behalf for behaving so childish. His monthly salary of 250k cannot sustain him and his exotic wife for up to 2weeks without having to borrow from friends. I simply laughed and still laughing in Spanish.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:37am On Sep 07, 2017
Op why not just get a surrogate mother and have kids. You can search for Nigerian surrogates on Google. It's best to eat your cake and have it. Marriage is worthless in 2017.
Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by Zilifish: 1:42pm On Sep 07, 2017
Acidosis:

Don't marry a woman that shares opposite characteristics with you; she will kill you. If you hate Snapchat and the likes, don't go after a woman that Snapchat 247, she will kill you with frustration unless your maturity level is at 100%.

If you've never had s.ex in your life, or you have less than 2 sex experience, don't go after one with many body counts, you will never be enough for her. You might die searching for useless experience, its all lies, even animals have se.x, experience is not needed to enjoy s.ex.

Get details of previous relationships. Mind you, marriage does not cure cheating, marriage is not a self-control pill.

If you love God, go after one that shares same passion. If you enjoy clubbing, go after one that loves clubbing.
When u go clubbing and u abandon your SU wife at home to attend Friday Vigil, she'd appreciate those church brothers more. When you stay at home enjoying your alone/introverted moments, and you leave your woman to attend all kinds of owanbes and holidays alone, chances are that she'd meet other men that share same passion with her out there. This is the reason many nollywood marriages die.

Finding the right person is simple, red flags are everywhere for all to see, some people only choose to be blind. If she asks you more than her father has ever given her, RUN! People run into marital problems because they feel they can selfishly tap from the other. If she's marrying you because of wealth, car, business, and she has none of these, you're in hot SOUP. If you're marrying her because of her butt and beauty, and you're as ugly as fck (because u selfishly desire handsome kids to brag on Facebook), you've already created a deficit, something, somehow and someday will make up for your deficiency.

Can two people walk together unless they agree? Absolutely No! That's the reason you MUST marry your friend. A true friend will LOVE to share the same experience with you, even if her daddy owns a Lamborghini, she'd love to take that Okada ride with you for the fun of it..

You said it all

4 Likes

Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by OrdercityWeb: 2:21pm On Sep 07, 2017
toyeem:

Seriously,I don't comment on issues like this but since you called on women. I will oo. Everyone has his/her own size in this market ooo but when you target a size that you cannot manage,you are simply doomed for life. My sister got dumped by a useless he-goat simply because she doesn't belong to his class of exotic babes.Everyone went there separate ways,married another person and d mumu is now telling me to apologize to my sister on his behalf for behaving so childish. His monthly salary of 250k cannot sustain him and his exotic wife for up to 2weeks without having to borrow from friends. I simply laughed and still laughing in Spanish.
You make alot if sense!
Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Sep 07, 2017
Alcatraz005:
I am a man of marriageable age who is dead scared of getting married as I see the rise of ultra materialistic women/girls in Nigeria, a very bad economy and a general rise in the prices of goods and services.

Does it mean that all married people are millionaires as the Nigerian standard for going into relationships is too high for the Nigerian economy? I can go on and on but I just want to ask how married people are coping? Do you get denied of sex if you don't bring money home? I have always been scared of Nigerian women but I am super scared now with what I see on social media.

Thank you in advance.

NB: I live and work in Nigeria.
My broda, marriage is one of the necessary evils that we're compelled to partake of as Nigerians.
Our parents no dey take ear hear say marriage isn't for everyone. Sometimes a civil union is just necessary and OK.
Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by LewsTherin: 3:07pm On Sep 07, 2017
I'm coping very well, thank you. 6 years down and folks still think we got married yesterday.

3 Likes

Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by nuelyoyo(m): 5:03pm On Sep 07, 2017
toyeem:

shocked shocked 250k not enough for two weeks!!! Jeez, that wan na slay grandma.

2 Likes

Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 07, 2017
lol

Get married to someone you have a lot in common with and who likes most of the things you like.

Get married to your friend..

most people just jump into relationships without being friends first.

lol marriage is not scary, it depends on your partner.

2 Likes

Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by carammel(f): 6:14pm On Sep 07, 2017
toyeem:

lol,I can relate with this,such men are common around. They claim some girls are local and not social yet cry wolf when the slayers slay them and thier their little change.

4 Likes

Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by cococandy(f): 6:35pm On Sep 07, 2017
Stick to your level and you will be fine. Life is about social classes. When you have your eyes on girls who belong to a different social class than you, you'll always fall short.

I'm sure around you there are girls who are frugal. They are happy with whatever little they have. But they probably don't attract you.

You can't want a girl who's beauty maintenance alone costs over 200k a month when your income is below that. Meanwhile the girl next door only requires 2k. But you don't see her because she's not flashy.

I'm saying this because I know many many humble and low maintenance ladies who are still single. They work hard and save the little they make from the poor economy. They are not light skinned, tiny waisted, big ass and big breasts women wearing waist length human hair that costs 500k. So you guys don't even acknowledge their existence. You want Kim kardashian on your 45k teacher's salary.

Go and sit down!

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by cococandy(f): 6:38pm On Sep 07, 2017
carammel:

lol,I can relate with this,such men are common around. They claim some girls are local and not social yet cry wolf when the slayers slay them and thier their little change.
If that ain't the truth.

I was watching one Facebook video where several men were interviewed about how they want their women to look.

Many used Beyoncé as a reference point while at the same time swearing they love natural hair, no makeup, and no plastic surgery kind of women.

Smh. Unrealistic

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by KevinDein: 7:01pm On Sep 07, 2017
@Alcatraz005, being a resident of Lagos significantly reduce (not totally eliminate, mind you) your chances of getting a decent lady who isn't overly materialistic. ladies in that city are a totally different breed compared to their counterparts in other states.
Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by acorntree(m): 7:05pm On Sep 07, 2017
Acidosis:

OP my advice for you is take this man as your mentor or godfather concerning marriage or relationship issues. I don't know his age but his words is full of wisdom. Don't dispersed wise sayings either from elders or young ones. I pray you will listen and not walk the wrong path.

7 Likes

Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by hammerXXX: 7:43pm On Sep 07, 2017
cococandy:

If that ain't the truth.

I was watching one Facebook video where several men were interviewed about how they want their women to look.

Many used Beyoncé as a reference point while at the same time swearing they love natural hair, no makeup, and no plastic surgery kind of women.

Smh. Unrealistic

stop posting all this pic, u are getting me hornny and i dont do milf and another man wife. Where i come from, we respect holy matrimony, as a titled man.
Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by Arijude(m): 8:15pm On Sep 07, 2017
tensazangetsu20:
Op why not just get a surrogate mother and have kids. You can search for Nigerian surrogates on Google. It's best to eat your cake and have it. Marriage is worthless in 2017.
what type of auto spare parts are you into?
Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:30pm On Sep 07, 2017
Arijude:
what type of auto spare parts are you into?
Everything. So long as it moves on 4 wheels
Re: How Are Married People Coping In Nigeria? by jashar(f): 3:29pm On Sep 08, 2017
cococandy:
Stick to your level and you will be fine. Life is about social classes. When you have your eyes on girls who belong to a different social class than you, you'll always fall short.

I'm sure around you there are girls who are frugal. They are happy with whatever little they have. But they probably don't attract you.

You can't want a girl who's beauty maintenance alone costs over 200k a month when your income is below that. Meanwhile the girl next door only requires 2k. But you don't see her because she's not flashy.

I'm saying this because I know many many humble and low maintenance ladies who are still single. They work hard and save the little they make from the poor economy. They are not light skinned, tiny waisted, big ass and big breasts women wearing waist length human hair that costs 500k. So you guys don't even acknowledge their existence. You want Kim kardashian on your 45k teacher's salary.

Go and sit down!

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Fiancee’s Ex-boyfriend Threatening To Destroy My Fiancee, And Kidnap Her / He Deflowered His Own Daughter And Aborted For Her Twice, / What Is The Most Hurtful Thing Yr Parents Told You Out Of Anger?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.