Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days (20479 Views)

Ecobank Commences Mass Sack Of Oceanic Bank Staff / Oceanic Bank Denies Sacking 1,200 More Workers, Slashes Salaries By 30% - Latest News / Mass Sacking Looms At Oceanic Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by GeorgeD1(m): 1:25pm On Aug 10, 2009
abi. nothing prayer cannot do.
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by uzomaazu: 1:08pm On Aug 12, 2009
I just think that Nigerian banks haven't been very prudent. I guessed this was going to happen and it is sad to say that more is likely to come. Its only in nigeria that I know that banks employ so many so called marketers to market their bank. What do you expect. It doesn't make sense that close to 50% off the their staff are out telling you to open an account with them. And truth be told u are never given a reason to open an account. (1 person getting approached by 10 different banks to open account why?)
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by GeorgeD1(m): 4:12pm On Aug 12, 2009
that is happening because of the joblessness facing our youths today.
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by babalawo(m): 12:50pm On Aug 14, 2009
Have U all heard that CBN has dismissed the MD and the management of Oceanic bank and 4 other banks

leave Nigerians till the lagos island sinks people will not tell the truth

who no kno go know very soon.
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by Mben(m): 3:06pm On Aug 14, 2009
All those that were making fun of "osamaobama", claiming that he was just unhappy because he was sacked, actually owe him an appolgy now.
He has be proven right; Mrs Ibru has been sacked by CBN along with others in 4 banks
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by jodeci(m): 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2009
At last,the truth has surfaced,the sack was true afterall.
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by boladez(m): 12:21am On Aug 15, 2009
, the smoke has turned into fire. My heart goes out to all the marketing staff of the bank who will face an uphill task of keeping teh customers.

Good they kicked out the management and good the bank is getting a lifeline from the CBN. I wish banks will give more loans to the cottage industries and help awaken the real sector.
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by donchuky(m): 3:39am On Aug 15, 2009
the problem with our Nigerian Graduate is dat they dont make constructive arguments. for u notice Oceanic bank is one the five banks dat would hv gone distress if nt for federal gov. intervention. the 5 banks wer giving #4b in other to keep dem afloat dat was why their CEO'S wer removed n replaced by the new once federal gov. feel will protect their intrest. we shl form the habit of reading n not talking as if we ppl in the village.
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by brojero: 6:06am On Aug 15, 2009
Hi All

I just registered expressly to comment on this thread. I've been lmao at some of the posts.

The biggest problem we have as a nation is that we are constantly in denial. Most people will turn on their oppressors when their backs are against the wall. Nigerians will turn on the wall and push it back, saying to themselves 'All is well' and woe betide anyone who tells them otherwise.
Let us all pray against 'Toad in hot water syndrome' (if you don't know what that means, Google is your friend!)

To the posters who have been villifying the OP, wtf is wrong with you! now that events have proved him/her right, will you now learn to deal with information in an objective manner in future?

There is nothing wrong in disagreeing/refuting someone else's opinion. However, in order to keep the discourse at a level where all can learn, I think it is important not to cast aspersions/abuse when one can't think of anything else to say.

For the record I firmly believe in dissemination of the truth of a situation at ALL times. I don't care where it comes from - insider, whistleblower (like OP), whereever.

We need to understand as a nation that TRUTH will always set us free in the long run. Our leaders encourage us to bury the truth, saying 'many will suffer if the truth is told',

People, NEVER fall for that BS.

We are where we are because TRUTH is not being told in Nigeria

Lastly, to Osamaobama: keep the faith, and keep on telling the TRUTH.

Muchlove.
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by whatalife: 10:24am On Aug 15, 2009
osamaobama
You are the man, thanks for speaking the truth despite all these criticism against you,you have been vindicated.
God bless nigeria, imagine some of the five banks are holding about 35% depositors funds it would have been a great problem for depositors.(Whooping #400 billion is been injected by CBN).
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by abinibi: 3:30pm On Aug 15, 2009
Me I just wonder where those image launderers who were paid to window dress oceanic are hiding,ppl kindly find out where they are,propably in some other threads.

I really want to know if they are competent enough to handle this image crisis as this is a challenge to their competence in image laundering.Can you imagine,they have suddenly vanished.
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by GeorgeD1(m): 5:23pm On Aug 15, 2009
yes, the truth is finally out. instead of making a run for your money, most of you here
were busy crucifying the poster. now see what has happened!
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by GeorgeD1(m): 9:12pm On Aug 16, 2009
i think the poster needs an award for this brilliant piece of investigative journalism.
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by dandon: 7:58am On Aug 17, 2009
all the thomases that almost crucified osama can now believe that these banks do not give us the real figures. oceanic bank has been in the reds for some time now but wouldn't admit. thank God for Lamido Sanusi and the CBN team
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by Aproko(f): 10:09am On Aug 17, 2009
i had to seek out this thread to post my comment!!please where are all the people that have called the poster names and praying for his sack? instead of the poster being sacked, the CEO was shown the door - what irony!!

people must start to realise that those in branches & areas outside of the head office may not know as much as those in H/O or those that their branch heads are close to management. the poster was giving information he was priviledged to discover & people called him all sorts, is there anybody that really believes banks dont cook their books? the issue is to what extent!

if oceanic bank really was that liquid, they should have at least dipped into their reserve and paid chin chin to shareholders, as soon as they didnt do that, i knew the poster had a point even if at that point i felt he was exaggerating. now we know & its a shame!
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by GeorgeD1(m): 6:35pm On Aug 17, 2009
abi! let them come out now and appologise!
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by bidell1(f): 10:46am On Aug 18, 2009
All Hail OsamaObama!!!!!
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by ohondu: 1:18pm On Aug 18, 2009
grin cheesy who says osamaobama isnt havin the last laugh! oceanic bank has been exposed at last, thanks to sanusi
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by laji(m): 12:33am On Aug 19, 2009
osama, u nid not say anythin on dis topic again cos record has spoken 4 u, u r d bomb!!!!
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by vwvw(m): 4:23pm On Aug 19, 2009
ironically the reign of terror ended with the sack of madame defarge. i guess all eyes should now turn to the onigbeses of Oceanic bank that have helped sink it
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by jay4mation: 4:41pm On Aug 19, 2009
Osamaobama, u are a Nairaland Hero. To all ur critics and doubting thomases, the truth ll always make u free.
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by Nobody: 5:10am On Aug 20, 2009
there was one ignorant poster that said osomaobama is biting the finger that feed him
those are the kind of pple that paint black wit white- ewu!!!!!
when smart and informed guys like osamaobama is busy researching and sourcing
good information, one idot will be in her kitchen criticizing. mumu!!! angry
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by temmytanny(m): 10:11am On Aug 20, 2009
why are you all hailing him?
he said they sacked 1500 in 30days.that is false! i stand to be corrected on this.those sacked arent upto 200 yet.i stil confirmed from an insider before posting this
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by lecoush: 10:41am On Aug 20, 2009
Do not turn the Osama Obama guy to an hero because it is obvious he was disgruntled. What someone like me challenged is his story which is " Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days" which is never true. Sacking people in a troubled organisation is a sign of management incompetence cos anyfool can do that. I recommend a book " Who says elephant cant dance" a turn around management of the the great IBM company.
That the management of the bank acted detrimental to jeopardise the interest of the shareholders and depositors can no be defended but certainly not true that Oceanic bank sacked 1500 in 30 days, that way the osama obama lied . Can the same be true of Union bank, the bring strong reliable bank. There is no bank that cannot go down if you understand the banking of business of mediation.
So Mr Obama did not state the fact. If the great banks and FI can be troubled who is Oceanic bank. So Mr Obama, hope you were not sacked but asked to resign cos if you were sacked, nothing for you again in this country, not even a councillorship post for you.
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by GeorgeD1(m): 5:08pm On Aug 28, 2009
hear yourself speak! when someone comes out with a good piece of
investigative journalism, you start calling him names! nigerians will
never change!
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by laji(m): 10:30pm On Sep 01, 2009
beeeffff!!! truth is always bitter, there is no smoke with out fire, 1500 koo 20 nii, sack na sack, koko is dat oceanic is on a life line now. and d small weak and unreliable,etc, hehe
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by GeorgeD1(m): 9:14pm On Sep 03, 2009
na so o jare, my brother!
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by Dejavu147: 2:25pm On Sep 07, 2009
Howdy Ause ,

Heyyyy dis na Big yawa ooo , WHAT IS THE FATE OF US WAITING TO BE POSTED SINCE LAST YEAR NOV , DID MY POLICE REPORT WITH SOME PEOPLE AND WE'RE WAITING TO BE POSTED , AUSE , DOES ANYBODY HAS ANY INFO IF THEY WILL STILL POST US OR WE SHOULD JUST FORGET ABOUT IT ?

Thanks

Safe
Dejavu smiley
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by GeorgeD1(m): 6:40pm On Sep 07, 2009
what did you just say?
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by helpline: 7:05am On Sep 10, 2009
we need more pple like this
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by GeorgeD1(m): 4:05pm On Sep 10, 2009
more people like who?
Re: Oceanic Bank Sack Over 1500 Staffs In 30days by Roadblock: 7:18pm On Sep 11, 2009
I read with utmost amazement everybody's response to this this thread. The initiator of this posy had no other source than to say HR. Is that enough to believe anybody at all?
How come no newspapaer is saying this?
How come no other thread on the internet is saying anything close to this
How come people that work there are saying nothing like that is happening.

I just spoke with an Hr manager friend with the same bank and he confirmed to me nothing like that is happening.
I believe the poster is Just one of those people that gets challenged by how many people will respond to his post and so he cooks up something and everybody is eating it.

This is all not True. Find out for yourselves.

As a matter of fact, if they have any problem as regarding overstaffing, It will be a very wrong time for them do that as that will suggest to the entire public that there is fire on the mountain and of course you know what that means.

Finally, before I respond to any post in agreement I look closely at the name at which the poster is going by, and this poster suggest to me as a destructive person that means no good.

As a matter of fact I am going to dig into his past posts to see the kind of person he is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why I Left Banking For Dangote Truck Drivers Job / Student: I Can Earn over 200K As An Entry Level Civil Servant in Nigeria / What Valuable Online Skill Can A 23 Year Old Learn Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.