Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,138 members, 7,860,088 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:37 AM

The Extraordinary Power Of Giving 1. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Extraordinary Power Of Giving 1. (418 Views)

Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / Miracle: Apostle Suleman Does The Extraordinary / Peter Mutharika Accuses T.B Joshua Of Giving A Fake Prophecy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Extraordinary Power Of Giving 1. by Justmary06(f): 8:48am On Mar 31, 2016
Giving is one of the most powerful principle of all time. According to ordictionary, giving means to bestow without receiving a return, to confer without compensation, to grant or to yield up.
Why Should We Give?
"Giving is the secret of abundance" Swami Sivananda. "Be generous! Give to those you love; give to those who love you; give to the fortunate; give to the unfortunate. Yes, give especially to those you don't want to give. You will receive abundance for your giving. The more you give, the more you will have!" W-Clement Stone.

Power Of Giving (As an Individual)
Do you lack in certain areas of your life? If yes, then you are probably not giving enough. "My wealth did not necessary come from my hard work, though it played a useful part but giving is the key to my success. I ensure I put a smile on someone's face everyday because I know that just as oil pipelines (pipelines designed to transport refined petroleum products from the refinery to the terminals where fuels are trucked to retail outlets) never lacks oil itself, so will I not lack blessings if I make myself a channel that transfers blessings from God to other people. " Mr John Uzoma (One of my Mentors).
How many have you blessed? Why do you deserve to be a channel of blessings? Or do you rather just receive?" It is more blessed to give than to receive."-Acts 20:35.
God's word clearly teaches that our giving is actually a direct pipeline to his blessings.
*Proverbs 11:24- "Give freely and become more wealthy; be stingy and lose everything." *Proverbs 22:9-"Whoever is generous will be blessed because he has shared his food with the poor."
*Proverbs 19:17-"whoever is generous to the poor lends to the lord, and he will repay him for his deed.
*Proverbs 28:22-"a stingy man hastens after wealth and does not know that poverty will come upon him."
*Proverbs 13:11-"wealth gained hastily will dwindle, but whoever gathers little by little will increase it."
*Proverbs 28:27-"whoever gives to the poor will not want, but he who hides his eyes will get curse."
*Proverbs 11:24-"one gives freely, yet grows all the richer;another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want.
Proverbs is written by King Solomon who is considered the Richest man in his generation.

In conclusion, Deuteronomy 15:10-"give generously to the poor, not grudgingly, for the lord your God will bless you in everything you do.

(1) (Reply)

Christians Be Mindful Of This Word. / Attend Salvation Ministries April Days Of #divineencounter With David Ibiyeomie / Sermon Of Hope

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.