Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,650 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. (10870 Views)

2019: Atiku Meets With Leaders Of Arewa, Yoruba And Ohanaeze Youth Groups (PICS) / The Hausa Fulani, The Yoruba And The Slaughter In Ile Ife (1) By Fani-kayode / Ile Ife Crisis: Security Operatives Commence Evacuation Of Hausas -channelsTv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by lokoloko84(m): 7:32pm On Apr 02, 2016
scholes0:

Which Nupe are you talking?
The Same Nupes still fighting your people in tsaragi?

Yorubas are going it alone.... we won't be asking anybody and anyone interested will be partaking based on our terms. We aren't lacking anything, what exactly do we need from Nupes and Baribas?
I am surprised as well.Left to me,a yoruba nation must include the current six states in SW and the yorubas' in kogi.
I am not totally keen about those in kwara based on historical facts.

1 Like

Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by scholes0(m): 7:35pm On Apr 02, 2016
lokoloko84:
I am surprised as well.Left to me,a yoruba nation must include the current six states in SW and the yorubas' in kogi.
I am not totally keen about those in kwara based on historical facts.

You meant Kwara North and Kwara central.
Kwara south (Igbominas and Ekitis) are on board.
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by zimoni(f): 7:38pm On Apr 02, 2016
ycat:
You know You don't believe that no ibo person here, 'wolfslair' is definitely one, 'zimoni' is probably one, half of has ibos interest at heart, 'macof' is probably from Edo. So many of them talking southern unity have something to lose if Yoruba stands alone, so they'd rather put up with another hater.

I'm Igbo?

I dey laugh.

Pele.
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by ycat: 7:40pm On Apr 02, 2016
Oh please!!!
zimoni:

I'm Igbo?

I dey laugh.

Pele.

2 Likes

Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 02, 2016
Ioannes:

lol. you bet we do. and if we don't stare at it you women folk will think there is something wrong. no be so? grin
heheheheheh
I tire 4 u guys o
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by lawani: 7:54pm On Apr 02, 2016
scholes0:

What about Jebba, 100 km North of Ilorin in both Kwara and Niger state? If Ilorin want to be on their own, how can that be possible when they are encircled by the Igbomina, Jebba and Bariba? The Bariba were not conquered by the Fulani jihad due to their alliance with the Oyo in the 19th century while the Tapa were partly conquered and many Bariba and Tapa speak Yoruba naturally though many dont speak. The landowners in Kwara are Ibolo (Yoruba), Igbomina (Yoruba), Oyo (Yoruba), Bariba and Tapa. In Niger it is Tapa, Gwari, Bariba, Yoruba and maybe some Hausa. In Kogi West, we have Yoruba mainly but in Lojoja various groups like Tapa, Yoruba lay claim to the place.
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by lokoloko84(m): 7:55pm On Apr 02, 2016
Well, Nigeria is on the brink and it just a matter of time before she falls apart. That is why I shake my head when I hear those yoruba making noise about one Nigeria,unfortunately they are the most vocal but let them continue to deceive themselves.
To break up this country is very simple and anybody thinking that the current politicians will do that or restructure this country is delusional. With the way things are,there will be a brutal military coup in this country that will clear the current useless politicians on show at present.New leaders will emerge who will achieve relative developments and even with this,Nigeria will continue to move from one crisis to another until her final demise.
A leader will emerge that will break up this country
Peacefully and there will be no war but skirmishes here and there which is normal.
At the end of the day,Nigeria will divide into five countries.
We shall see.
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
HateU2:
heheheheheh
I tire 4 u guys o

na you be the engine wey dey run our machine now. why you think say we hustle like slaves? na to impress you guys na and give all of una a comfortable home, so that we can be close to that backside now. lol.
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by lawani: 8:04pm On Apr 02, 2016
lokoloko84:
Well, Nigeria is on the brink and it just a matter of time before she falls apart. That is why I shake my head when I hear those yoruba making noise about one Nigeria,unfortunately they are the most vocal but let them continue to deceive themselves.
To break up this country is very simple and anybody thinking that the current politicians will do that or restructure this country is delusional. With the way things are,there will be a brutal military coup in this country that will clear the current useless politicians on show at present.New leaders will emerge who will achieve relative developments and even with this,Nigeria will continue to move from one crisis to another until her final demise.
A leader will emerge that will break up this country
Peacefully and there will be no war but skirmishes here and there which is normal.
At the end of the day,Nigeria will divide into five countries.
We shall see.

Five countries? You must be kidding. In the Northcentral alone, there will be more than five countries.
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by lokoloko84(m): 8:06pm On Apr 02, 2016
scholes0:

I understand your point.I am in kwara, specifically Ilorin at present and my interaction and observation with the yorubas' here is not impressive to me.
Their mentality is quite different from those of us in SW politically,socially and in developmental aspirations.

2 Likes

Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by scholes0(m): 8:08pm On Apr 02, 2016
lawani:

What about Jebba, 100 km North of Ilorin in both Kwara and Niger state? If Ilorin want to be on their own, how can that be possible when they are encircled by the Igbomina, Jebba and Bariba? The Bariba were not conquered by the Fulani jihad due to their alliance with the Oyo in the 19th century while the Tapa were partly conquered and many Bariba and Tapa speak Yoruba naturally though many dont speak. The landowners in Kwara are Ibolo (Yoruba), Igbomina (Yoruba), Oyo (Yoruba), Bariba and Tapa. In Niger it is Tapa, Gwari, Bariba, Yoruba and maybe some Hausa. In Kogi West, we have Yoruba mainly but in Lojoja various groups like Tapa, Yoruba lay claim to the place.

What I am simply trying to tell you is that, An independent Yoruba nation will be based on the South Western agenda. You should realize that decades of many of the Northern Yoruba groups frolicking with the Hausas and Fulanis have led to a change of ideology. The kings of Kaiama and Okuta are Emirs, not traditional titles, the Kings of Pategi and Lafiagi are also Emirs.

Out of the sixteen local governments in Kwara state, 12 are Yoruba, 2 is Baruten (Bariba) and 2 is Nupe (Tapa). The Kwara state part of Jebba are in Moro local government which is one of the Yoruba LGAs and while they migh be Yoruba, their willingness will be the main determining factor here.

As for Kogi, the Yorubas there know their areas, Lokoja Local government is half Yoruba, the other half is shared between the Kakanda, Bassa and others.

3 Likes

Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by lawani: 8:15pm On Apr 02, 2016
scholes0:

What I am simply trying to tell you is that, An independent Yoruba nation will be based on the South Western agenda. You should realize that decades of many of the Northern Yoruba groups frolicking with the Hausas and Fulanis have led to a change of ideology. The kings of Kaiama and Okuta are Emirs, not traditional titles, the Kings of Pategi and Lafiagi are also Emirs.

Out of the sixteen local governments in Kwara state, 12 are Yoruba, 2 is Baruten (Bariba) and 2 is Nupe (Tapa). The Kwara state part of Jebba are in Moro local government which is one of the Yoruba LGAs and while they migh be Yoruba, their willingness will be the main determining factor here.

The point is that there are no Hausa Fulani in Kwara. The Sulu Gambari by the name are Yoruba of Hausa descent. The Oshodi are Yoruba of Nupe descent and etc etc. Ilorin can not be forced, they will decide their fate to either stay alone or join their other Yoruba same with Ijesha, Ijebu and co. I believe Bariba should have a state with their lands in Niger state, Kwara and Benin republic probably with New Bussa as capital. The Tapa should take their land in Kwara and Niger, same with Igala and Ebira in Kogi.
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by lokoloko84(m): 8:19pm On Apr 02, 2016
lawani:

Five countries? You must be kidding. In the Northcentral alone, there will be more than five countries.
Really! Look at the current zones we have and tell me, whether there will be more than five countries.
1.NW and NE will form a country.
2.SE will form a country
3.SW will form a country
4.SS will form a country (Though some parts might join SE)
5.North Central will form a country+(Though some parts might also join SW)
Notify me about any other countries.
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by scholes0(m): 8:22pm On Apr 02, 2016
lawani:

The point is that there are no Hausa Fulani in Kwara. The Sulu Gambari by the name are Yoruba of Hausa descent. The Oshodi are Yoruba of Nupe descent and etc etc. Ilorin can not be forced, they will decide their fate to either stay alone or join their other Yoruba same with Ijesha, Ijebu and co. I believe Bariba should have a state with their lands in Niger state, Kwara and Benin republic probably with New Bussa as capital. The Tapa should take their land in Kwara and Niger, same with Igala and Ebira in Kogi.

Yes there is Fulani in Kwara, In Ilorin there are still traditional Fulani families that see themselves as nothing other than Fulani.
As for the rest of your comments, you are right on point, let everyone face their destinies.
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by aljharem(m): 8:22pm On Apr 02, 2016
Very interesting

thread yi du

yorubas ti finally bere si ma ronu

our problem is politicians in yorubaland

they care more about their money and investment
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by 7lives: 8:23pm On Apr 02, 2016
0YorubaParapo0:

Ma paro fun ra re.

E duro na, ki lo n ba eyin Yoruba leru? Ki lo de to je pe eyin nikan le fe Nigeria? Eyin nikan ni e ki n support ara yin. Ewo lo kan yin ti awon oloshi ba fe ko eru won kuro l'oja?

Ko ye mi. Oroi yin ti fe ma su mi.

Yoruba, igba wo le ma joko lati ronu?

E ye so isokuso, Yoruba o ni kuro ni Nigeria ni bayi, o di igba ti a ba pari
Eko Atlantic city ati awon ohun mere mere to Ku.
Ki lo de to fi je wipe iwa imoti ara eni nikan ko je ki awon omo Odua ni alafia,
ni igba ti awon baba onijekuje kan ko ni enu nbe mo, won wa ran awon omo won si ita ki won o ma pa ariwo lasan.
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by TheArchangel(f): 8:36pm On Apr 02, 2016
lokoloko84:
Really! Look at the current zones we have and tell me, whether there will be more than five countries.
1.NW and NE will form a country.
2.SE will form a country
3.SW will form a country
4.SS will form a country (Though some parts might join SE)
5.North Central will form a country+(Though some parts might also join SW)
Notify me about any other countries.
You are funny grin
When the time comes for the complete decimation of the Nigerian state, it will be broken down as follows...
With 250+ tribes and ethnic groups in play
Yoruba's will go with identified Yoruboid tribes
Igobs with Igboid groups who believes they are better off with them
Hausafulani will subdue as much groups as possible.
NE will have Kanuri, Bachamas, Fulfudes deciding whether to join Chad or Cameroon or better still form their own different country.
Then NC...this is where we will have closed to ten countries like what is obtainable in the Caribbeans.
SS..Ijaws will definitely get their own countries while the other minorities will decide whether to join the two major tribes of Igbo's and Yorubas or join Cameroon or they may enter into alliance with ijaws to form a country.
In all, If Nigeria disintegrate to less than ten countries then their bound to be strife and wars.
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by oyinkinola: 8:39pm On Apr 02, 2016
imo tu, imo yo, imo enini, kee dale, pentuka, eni gbimo aeda, pe ntuka, eni gbimo aeda o, imo enini ee da le o!
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by lokoloko84(m): 8:52pm On Apr 02, 2016
TheArchangel:
You are funny grin
When the time comes for the complete decimation of the Nigerian state, it will be broken down as follows...
With 250+ tribes and ethnic groups in play
Yoruba's will go with identified Yoruboid tribes
Igobs with Igboid groups who believes they are better off with them
Hausafulani will subdue as much groups as possible.
NE will have Kanuri, Bachamas, Fulfudes deciding whether to join Chad or Cameroon or better still form their own different country.
Then NC...this is where we will have closed to ten countries like what is obtainable in the Caribbeans.
SS..Ijaws will definitely get their own countries while the other minorities will decide whether to join the two major tribes of Igbo's and Yorubas or join Cameroon or they may enter into alliance with ijaws to form a country.
In all, If Nigeria disintegrate to less than ten countries then their bound to be strife and wars.
Common, this is 21st century. The era of fighting war is becoming less popular.
I agree that NC and SS are the most diverse zones.And I do not think that they will kill themselves just because of superiority complex. Mind you the tribes in these zones are almost equal in population.
There will be issues among themselves,no doubt about that but at the end of the day,they will overcome that.
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by lawani: 8:59pm On Apr 02, 2016
Take Kaduna South for instance, they will be more than or as much as many states like Edo, Osun, Benue meaning well over 5 million, they will be a country on their own.
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by TheArchangel(f): 9:00pm On Apr 02, 2016
lokoloko84:
Common, this is 21st century. The era of fighting war is becoming less popular.
I agree that NC and SS are the most diverse zones.And I do not think that they will kill themselves just because of superiority complex. Mind you the tribes in these zones are almost equal in population.
There will be issues among themselves,no doubt about that but at the end of the day,they will overcome that.
Of course they will overcome but the division along religious and tribal lines in the middle belt will definitely lead to war. The Jukun/ Tiv clashes often comes to mind.
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by zimoni(f): 9:00pm On Apr 02, 2016
ycat:
You are! You don't attack Benin, but step in to soften the Yoruba blows on them. You always act as cushion for benin, you can't fool anyone here. No problem is greater than the one of identity crisis you have.

Macof is Benin?

Hahhaahahahahahahahaha

whitecat no go kill me with laughter tonight.

You are funny ehnnnnn
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by lawani: 9:09pm On Apr 02, 2016
scholes0:

Yes there is Fulani in Kwara, In Ilorin there are still traditional Fulani families that see themselves as nothing other than Fulani.
As for the rest of your comments, you are right on point, let everyone face their destinies.

There are some Ilorin families with part Fulani, Tapa, Bariba and Hausa ancestry but the town is Oyo Yoruba. No Other ethnic group in Ilorin apart from Yoruba and Yoruba are not even sharing border with Hausa. If you go to Kano too you find Hausas with acknowledged Yoruba ancestry

1 Like

Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by lawani: 9:12pm On Apr 02, 2016
TheArchangel:
Of course they will overcome but the division along religious and tribal lines in the middle belt will definitely lead to war. The Jukun/ Tiv clashes often comes to mind.

No matter how muddled up things seem to be nowadays, Nigeria consisted of over 50 independent groups in the early 19th century. So there are traditional borders and they will be respected.
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by scholes0(m): 9:14pm On Apr 02, 2016
7lives:

E ye so isokuso, Yoruba o ni kuro ni Nigeria ni bayi, o di igba ti a ba pari
Eko Atlantic city ati awon ohun mere mere to Ku.
Ki lo de to fi je wipe iwa imoti ara eni nikan ko je ki awon omo Odua ni alafia,
ni igba ti awon baba onijekuje kan ko ni enu nbe mo, won wa ran awon omo won si ita ki won o ma pa ariwo lasan.

Aanu yin semi.
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by macof(m): 10:13pm On Apr 02, 2016
ycat:
You are! You don't attack Benin, but step in to soften the Yoruba blows on them. You always act as cushion for benin, you can't fool anyone here. No problem is greater than the one of identity crisis you have.

grin grin grin apparently you're schizophrenic
I'm so sorry

2 Likes

Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by Vado(m): 12:29am On Apr 03, 2016
lokoloko84:
I understand your point.I am in kwara, specifically Ilorin at present and my interaction and observation with the yorubas' here is not impressive to me.
Their mentality is quite different from those of us in SW politically,socially and in developmental aspirations.

Go to igbomina or ibolo (where i hail from) towns in Kwara State and tell them they aren't Yoruba in speech, manner or attitudes. What you noticed isn't totally wrong but it is those subjugated ones from the capital "emirate" that exhibit such traits.
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by ycat: 1:13am On Apr 03, 2016
Lame, low self-esteem strait jacket crazed wannabe Yoruba.
macof:

grin grin grin apparently you're schizophrenic
I'm so sorry

Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by ycat: 1:16am On Apr 03, 2016
I said Edo.
Can you tell why you think he isn't?
He's just trying to be Yoruba, he isn't one.
zimoni:

Macof is Benin?

Hahhaahahahahahahahaha

whitecat no go kill me with laughter tonight.

You are funny ehnnnnn
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by lawani: 4:49am On Apr 03, 2016
Vado:

Go to igbomina or ibolo (where i hail from) towns in Kwara State and tell them they aren't Yoruba in speech, manner or attitudes. What you noticed isn't totally wrong but it is those subjugated ones from the capital "emirate" that exhibit such traits.

Not only Ilorin but nobody can force Ijesa to join the new nation. Ilorin is small, their land is small and encircled by others. Jebba is over 100 km North of Ilorin with an Oba. The Bariba are there in Kwara and Niger and they were never under Fulani at any time. Please the idea that Ilorin was in Sokoto caliphate is myth. Such never happened. How can that be possible when the Bariba, Jebba and the Tapa in Kwara were never under Sokoto caliphate? It never happened and the Emir of Ilorin is not a Fulani man. I hope the Ajikobi family will go to court once and for all over the Ilorin traditional headship and put the matter to rest. They need to do this. You can not have the protection agreement signed with the British while not being recognised as paramount chief. That is not acceptable. They should go to court, join the British government via their embassy and join Kwara state government, the judgement will be that Balogun Ajikobi is the right chief of Ilorin as Olu Ilorin. It is better to fight a just fight and lose than not to fight at all. All these ignorant claims about Ilorin is nauseating. I dont like it. All the 5 Baloguns in Ilorin are Yoruba, they are Balogun Alanamu, Balogun Ajikobi, Balogun Gambari, Balogun Fulani, Baba Isale, then the Magaji Aare Afonja. Those are the principal Ilorin chiefs and all are Yoruba though one is part Fulani ancestry and another part Hausa but Baloguns are Yorubas just like Etsus are Tapa, Onus are Igala, Sarkis are Hausas. So people should be clear. Can the Oshodis in Lagos claim to be Tapa today except in their oriki? Then many Kanawa are from the traditional Yoruba quarters of the towm, they are no less Hausa. The Bariba will have their independence and their legacy restored, not to talk of Ilorin. Abeg no Hausa or Fulani man is contesting Ilorin with Yoruba. Ilorin is Yoruba and no Ilorin indigene is claiming to be Fulani. The traditional name of the Oshodi in Lagos is Oshodi Tapa yet they are Yoruba. As I Am , I have various ancestry including Northern Nigeria yet I am Yoruba. So that is how it is. The Ajikobi family should do the needful.
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by lokoloko84(m): 6:14am On Apr 03, 2016
Vado:

Well, you might be right since I have not been to igbomina or ibolo.IMy opinion is based on where I reside for now, which is Ilorin.
Re: Ile Kaaro Ojiire (the Yoruba) And Nigeria. by lokoloko84(m): 6:14am On Apr 03, 2016
Vado:

Well, you might be right since I have not been to igbomina or ibolo.My opinion is based on where I reside for now, which is Ilorin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidency Keeps Mum As Senate Blocks Magu Again / Presidency Fails To Remit PAYE, VAT To FIRS (photos) / Bwala: Polls Giving Obi Victory Are "419 Polls"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.