Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,703 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. (15615 Views)

IPOB: Kanu Not Being Held By Nigerian Govt, May Be Hiding – Lai Mohammed / Why Has Nnamdi Kanu Not Been Rearrested Despite Violating Bail Conditions? / Nnamdi Kanu Not A South East Leader Of Thought- Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by Nobody: 6:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
xseed:
I am ibo for the records. This kalu of a person is going to rot in jail because nobody sent him to touch the tail of the Tiger or awaken the sleeping dog. He had celebrated christmas 2015 and also celebrated Easter 2016 in jail. He might celebrate Christmas 2016 in that jail that is if he will not die of regrets. This is nigeria and not britain we do things the Nigerian way. Long live the federal republic of Nigeria.
I THINK U ARE MORE OF A HYPOCRITE THAN WHAT U CALL URSELF,, I PRAY SAME FOR UR FAMILY
Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by horsepower24: 6:40pm On Mar 31, 2016
It's not Independent People of Biafra. It's indigenous people of Biafra.
This his followers are heaping coals of fire on him. Whether he beg or not, he's spending this year's democracy day in Kuje
Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by idensko(m): 6:42pm On Mar 31, 2016
garfield16:

It won't be acheived for a number of reasons

1) you don't have an army that can stand up to the Nigerian army (the same thing that failed Biafra under Ojukwu)

2) your people are not United, those agitating for Biafra are people who don't have the caliber ar stature to be taken seriously locally or internationally. Ojukwu was a man with pedigree and respect, Kanu is a riff-raff, no different from disillusioned Muslims who have achieved nothing with their lives and join Isis or Alqaeda to give their lives meaning.

3) Respected Igbo leaders are not behind the movement at least not publicly

4. a Nigeria is not going to cede Oil to Biafra.

4 b The Hausa Fulani elite who believe in the Dan fodio dream conquest are not going to concede territoty, because if the Ibos go, the southwest will go as well. For these 2 reasons alone, of a war should start, 67-70 will be child's play.

5 International allies will rally around Nigeria especially Britain.

6. Kanu is not a very smart guy, jis behaviour and utterances are not one of a man who is stratefic and thinks things through. I suspect he is more interested in headlines and personal relevance.

ofcourse anything is possible, The real Igbo elite may suddenly rally around Biafra but I can tell you one thing but the odds of a Biafra right now are as close to 0 as statistically possible.

U don't need an army to divide Nigeria, look at d trend, disunity is growing everyday
D Northerners are making more enemies, people have started to c them 4 worth dey truly are.
Even d middle belt that used to associate themselves with north have started to detest them and Fulani herdsmen
Are not making things better.
The only reason Britain supported Nigerian government then was because Nigeria just discovered Oil, and Britain thought that since they created Nigeria
D only way they can fully tap dre Oil is if their showcase dre strength and authority.

D world has changed mi dear, Muslims are looked @ differently now, credit to alqeada, alshabab, boko haram, ISIS.

Westerners will not rally behind Nigeria as they did last time cos Islamaphobia.

D lack of support from other SOUTHERNERS will change,

U think d Yorubas and d NigerDelta are happy in Nigeria? Dey are just afraid of uncertainty, and
That is what Igbo man is not afraid of.
When it dawns to them that it is achievable dey will join d wagon.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by idensko(m): 6:43pm On Mar 31, 2016
Reeoman:

lmao... Do you wish to be remembered for something bad undecided

lmao... Do you wish to be remembered for something bad
q
What BAD?
Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by PhockPhockMan: 6:50pm On Mar 31, 2016
ZuzuMan:
...........Didn't you read about some of his offences! He sneaked into the country without using any of the TWO PASSPORTS !

If truly he did as you said, which passports DSS seized from him which court refused to give him back.

[size=18pt]
BREAKING: Court rejects Kanu’s request for his seized passports, money.
[/size]

Ade Adesomoju, Abuja

A Federal High Court in Abuja on Tuesday dismissed an application by leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra and founder of Radio Biaf‎ra, Nnamdi Kanu, for the release of certain items, including his British and Nigeria passports, which are in the custody of the Department of State Service.

Justice James Tsoho dismissed the application made orally by Kanu’s lawyer, Mr. Chuks Muouma (SAN), who had sought the release of the items because they would not be needed by the prosecution since they were not listed as part of exhibits to be tendered.

Apart from the passports, other items which Muouma sought to be released to the IPOB leader who is currently in detention at Kuje prison along with his two co-accuse, are cash sums of $2,200 and N87,000.

Justice Tsoho, in dismissing the application for lacking in merit, insisted that the fact that the items were not listed as possible exhibits did not foreclose the possibility of their being later used by the prosecution as exhibits.

‎He then adjourned the case till February 19 for the hearing of an application by the prosecution for protection of its witnesses.

The judge, before adjourning the case, granted the request by the defence lawyer to the effect that relations of the accused persons be allowed in the court room subject to security screening and the capacity of the court room.

Kanu, David Nwawusi and Benjamin Madubugwu are being prosecuted on six counts of treasonable felony, unlawful possession of firearms and other offences bordering on their agitation for secession ‎of the Republic of Biafra from Nigeria.

‎Justice Tsoho had on January 29 denied bail to Kanu and the two other defendants and ordered that they remained on remand pending the period of their trial.

The judge in rejecting the accused persons’ bail application, held that they were not entitled to bail as they failed to challenge the allegation by the prosecution that they would continue to commit the alleged crime for which they were being prosecuted if granted bail.

Kanu was in the custody of the Department of State Service from the time of his arrest in a Lagos hotel on October 14, 2015 till January 20, 2016, when he was transferred to prison by an order of Justice Tsoho , shortly after he was arraigned along with two others.

http://www.punchng.com/breaking-court-rejects-kanus-request-for-his-seized-passports-money/

3 Likes

Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by Abugab(m): 6:53pm On Mar 31, 2016
Kanu is a small animal that is not even noticed in the 'zoo'. Thought he was a Biafran, why didn't he write to his fellow Tarzan citizens to come rescue him?

He hasn't seen anything yet, he will soon write to UN and even Russia.
Nonsense......

1 Like

Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by DeMekus: 6:54pm On Mar 31, 2016
[s]
omenka:
Bwahahahaha!!

Ugwu, abi na Okazie leaf, the iDaft Yoot who wrote this article, your deranged iDaft Albino Kuje Gayy Lord begged for release.

You can shove your semantics up your Kanu ravaged brown eye! gringrin

NgeneUkwenu, abeg come make we go play gulf with Akpabio joor. Him just call say him don ready. grin
[/s]
9 posts in one page! A proof that Kanu's fight for freedom is causing you sleepless nights. Kanu's life is obviously better than your 500+ Agatu cockroach brothers murdered in cold blood by Fulani mafias. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by victorvezx(m): 6:56pm On Mar 31, 2016
My brother, stop deceiving urself, If there truly hatred in Nigeria, millions of Igbo's will not still be remaining in the north till now, living happily there. The only hatred I see is just on social media, but in real life, there is no real show of hatred. u are just an ipob supporter, u want Biafra but u don't know how to get it.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by DeMekus: 6:59pm On Mar 31, 2016
Yoruba people will not like this. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by Nobody: 7:00pm On Mar 31, 2016
idensko:

U don't need an army to divide Nigeria, look at d trend, disunity is growing everyday
D Northerners are making more enemies, people have started to c them 4 worth dey truly are.
Even d middle belt that used to associate themselves with north have started to detest them and Fulani herdsmen
The only reason Britain supported Nigerian government then was because Nigeria just discovered Oil, and Britain thought that since they created Nigeria
D only way they can fully tap dre Oil is if their showcase dre strength and authority.

D world has changed mi dear, Muslims are looked @ differently now, credit to alqeada, alshabab, boko haram, ISIS.

Westerners will not rally behind Nigeria as they did last time cos Islamaphobia.

U think d Yorubas and d NigerDelta are happy in Nigeria? Dey are just afraid of uncertainty, and

Nigeria is a farce, we all agree but that doesn't mean it is going to split. You and I (and Kanu for that matter) are not the people that will determine whether Nigeria stays as 1 or splits up. The power brokers, the elite, they are the ones that will determine the future of Nigeria and believe me you their interests are better served in a united Nigeria, no matter what you think, because let me intimate you with a realism, they don't give a shit about you. The day THE Interests of the elite are no longer served in a united Nigeria, then real secession agitation will gather but even then we all know how that will end...they will be setlled and that will be the end of it.

Is Ifeanyo Ubah going to dismantle all his tank farms? are Ibos going to sell all their land and property in Lagos and Abuja, remember how they were all seized during the last war and many got nothing in compensation? The people agitating for Biafra are the down trodden with nothing, those with no stake in project Nigeria and hence nothing to lose. With due respect, it's no different from ISIS bombers, who kills himself when he is loved, wealthy and is accepted by society? Biafra and Isis, Alqaeda are no different in that respect, people with nothing to lose who are at their wits end are willing recruits for a movement because it gives them a sense of purpose.

Strap up and make the most of the ride my friend 'cos you aren't going anywhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 31, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
I THINK U ARE MORE OF A HYPOCRITE THAN WHAT U CALL URSELF,, I PRAY SAME FOR UR FAMILY
Must everyone share d same believe with u guyz? undecided

2 Likes

Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by ruffDiamond: 7:08pm On Mar 31, 2016
grin very funny idiotic group of people na only him be British citizen? Four of my brothers are Brit yet responsible and patriotic Nigerian not this vain empty headed flatee bastard traitor angry and his band of chest beater Lilliputian iPad he go rot there mark my word Nazi abi wetin u call am ? Idiot he s the least of buhari worry right now...maybe by 2025 ...maybe...
Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by henryhemon(m): 7:08pm On Mar 31, 2016
AntiWailer:
lol.

He is not a Biafran, na UK citizen.

Na wa for his followers.

Busted. You just murdered them.

1 Like

Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by henryhemon(m): 7:17pm On Mar 31, 2016
idensko:

I have questions for you,have you gone to the south west,middle belt,south south and live for one month atleast ?
Only in NL do people still talk of a divisive Nigeria,wake up from your slumber biko,Nigeria will not divide even after your generation has come and gone. Take a look at the children these days,check their thinking pattern, the know themselves as Nigerians and act as one then you will realize that's it's this generation that has choose to be ethnic bigots,Nigeria will be as United as possible. Now take your shame to Ghana cuz you 're an enemy of Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by Eyor1(m): 7:28pm On Mar 31, 2016
My hero...you shall come out safe,sane and secured.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by ashjay001(m): 7:29pm On Mar 31, 2016
omenka:
The serially ass-ravaged Albino claimed he has submarines with bombs fitted with nuclear warheads parked in his garage in UK with which he'd bomb the zoo to smithereens but he's spent three major holidays eating fried beans in Kuje prisons, yet not even a banger has been thrown on his behest.

Kanu is a Yellow advance fee fraudster. cheesy

Where him for see fried beans? In his dreams! I now realise why d pple from d south-east are successful in biz; even in total defeat dey continue to av hope of a breakthru, or how else will we excuse his fans?
Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by DropShot: 7:36pm On Mar 31, 2016
SirJeffry:
Did he come into the country with British passport and a Nigerian visa on it?

If he came in with Nigerian passport, then I guess there's little the British can do to help.

Even though I'm Nigerian with an Igbo name, I still prefer to pay for Nigerian visa to come in with a foreign passport. Reasons best known to me.
Kanu came into Nigeria without any of his Nigerian and British passports. In other words, he sneaked in hoping to sneak out when dem catch am. So, how Britain go fit even shook mouth for the matter?

1 Like

Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by IVORY2009(m): 7:48pm On Mar 31, 2016
DropShot:

Kanu came into Nigeria without any of his Nigerian and British passports. In other words, he sneaked in hoping to sneak out when dem catch am. So, how Britain go fit even shook mouth for the matter?

Baba u lie shocked shocked did u listen to the last presidential media chat? Did you hear what mr president said about mr Kanu's having 2 passport? Always do ur findings before u comment.
Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by Demallcrazy(m): 7:53pm On Mar 31, 2016
ShegeYorubawa:
Of course we all know that Kanu is gallant and cannot 'Beg'. Like Chiang Kai Shiek the Chinese Generalissimo who was ready to sacrifice his beloved son for Chinese Nationalism. Kanu knows that Biafran restoration is greater than his life and the life every single man.

Activist Kanu can sacrifice his life for Biafra, can Buhari sacrifice just one cow for 'one nigeria' which is united only by crude oil? No!

Meanwhile Presidiot Mumuhamido Dullharry still dey wait...grin
Clown! grin

1 Like

Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by Demallcrazy(m): 7:55pm On Mar 31, 2016
ashjay001:

Where him for see fried beans? In his dreams! I now realise why d pple from d south-east are successful in biz; even in total defeat dey continue to av hope of a breakthru, or how else will we excuse his fans?
"Fried beans" grin
Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by Demallcrazy(m): 7:58pm On Mar 31, 2016
omenka:
They should simply increase the fool's ration from perboiled to fried beans, then he shall know who his daddy really is. grin
"Fried Beans"!

*Dies*
grin

1 Like

Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by sukkot: 8:02pm On Mar 31, 2016
DeMekus:
Yoruba people will not like this. grin grin grin
cheesy
Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by DropShot: 8:09pm On Mar 31, 2016
IVORY2009:

Baba u lie shocked shocked did u listen to the last presidential media chat? Did you hear what mr president said about mr Kanu's having 2 passport? Always do ur findings before u comment.
PMB words were as follow:
"Did you know he has two passports?"
"Do you know he came into this country without using any of the two passports?"

Tell us your own version pls.

1 Like

Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Mar 31, 2016
Disaino:
Must everyone share d same believe with u guyz? undecided
i dont care what u bliv
Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by Memyselfu2009(m): 8:18pm On Mar 31, 2016
Really then why did he call for aid
Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by Memyselfu2009(m): 8:21pm On Mar 31, 2016
Demallcrazy:

Clown! grin

He is really a Clown with Empty Vessels

2 Likes

Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by Memyselfu2009(m): 8:23pm On Mar 31, 2016
Biafra sounds like utopia to some certain people.. Keep dreaming it's allowed
Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by datopaper(m): 8:27pm On Mar 31, 2016
If kanu is not begging for release, is it enjoying himself in prison.
Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by mart2k(m): 8:27pm On Mar 31, 2016
As usual, I ws expecting 2 c dis denial. Y taking u IPOB so long

1 Like

Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by focus7: 9:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
I wonder if British government encourage their citizen to go into terrorism and distabilise the peace of another country. Kanu should die in prison for I care.

1 Like

Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by focus7: 9:37pm On Mar 31, 2016
macluvph1:
Perfectly said, God bless you Nnamdi Kanu.

God bless lovers of freedom.
God don't bless criminals like Kanu that is why he's punishing him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB : Kanu Not Begging For Freedom. Thisday. by StunningCEO: 9:45pm On Mar 31, 2016
Let the albino continue to enjoy himself o jare....kuje beans na die.... angry grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Howard University USA Honours Okonjo-Iweala With Vanguard Award (Photos) / Imo Ministry Of Happiness Has No Office, Staff, Six Weeks After / APC Excos Defect To PDP In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.