Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,668 members, 7,823,888 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

How I Almost Let My Friend Commits Suicide - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Almost Let My Friend Commits Suicide (1066 Views)

I Almost Lost My Marriage Over ‘april Fool’ Prank –woman / PLEASE HELP!!! DONT LET MY SISTER IS DIE IN HOSPITAL (PHOTO) / What Can I Do To Let My Wife Wake Up Early? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Almost Let My Friend Commits Suicide by OlujobaSamuel: 11:01pm On Mar 31, 2016
Sunday, 27th of April, I was on my way out about 6:30pm, met a friend of mine walking with a lady, after exchanging pleasantries, he informed me that he wants to see me, which I told him to check on me at night or the next day, that I need to get some stuffs before returning back to my base on Tuesday morning, which he obliged, not knowing that could have been my last encounter with him as a living being.
I got back home early because the store I went to is closed for the day, I had urge to check on him that night but I declined and choose to wait till the next day. Early morning of 28th(Monday), these feelings came again, but I ignored since I still have the whole day to go out at my convenience.
About 3pm on Monday, I went out with the motive of seeing him that afternoon, I passed by a hospital with so many people in the compound, I saw his mum at the entrance, my mind went straight to him, so I called a guy that I know coming towards the hospital and I asked, is it "ALE" that's in the hospital, he said yes, that he just heard that he tried committing suicide but was found before he gave up the ghost.
I was told he had issues with his mum running to days or probably weeks, don't know how long, so he apologized to the mum that Sunday morning and cleaned up his wears and his room, with no hint of any ugly event noticed, his mum forgives him and prayed for him. He was also found by her mum when she was not comfortable where she was sitting in her shop, so she decides to go into his room, which she rarely does, but found the door locked and window curtains pulled down, she raised and alarm and the door was forced open and he was found gasping for breath in a noose. He was brought down and taken to the hospital, but I thank God he is hale and hearty today and back home to his business.
I don't really know how, but I think I could have stopped him from doing such because he opens up to me at trying times and I delayed in finding a time for him.
Mummys & Daddys in the house, pls I beg of you, don't provoke your kids to anger. To everyone, pls suicide is not the best solution to any problem you are phasing(facing), try think of other things, you don't know how many loves you till you are no more.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Let My Friend Commits Suicide by Cutehector(m): 11:06pm On Mar 31, 2016
shocked
Re: How I Almost Let My Friend Commits Suicide by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 31, 2016
Silly boy!
Re: How I Almost Let My Friend Commits Suicide by zaynie(f): 11:13pm On Mar 31, 2016
The very reason I stop whatever I am doing when someone tells me " I need to talk to you".
It could be a life and death matter.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Let My Friend Commits Suicide by OlujobaSamuel: 11:16pm On Mar 31, 2016
Angelberry:
Silly boy!
me or the guy, I don't know now, if it's him, am not so sure, he is an extrovert, having his own fashion shop and doing conveniently well, although he lost his dad few years ago, so I never imagined such.
Re: How I Almost Let My Friend Commits Suicide by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 31, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:

me or the guy, I don't know now, if it's him, am not so sure, he is an extrovert, having his own fashion shop and doing conveniently well, although he lost his dad few years ago, so I never imagined such.
Your friend I mean
Re: How I Almost Let My Friend Commits Suicide by OlujobaSamuel: 11:21pm On Mar 31, 2016
zaynie:
The very reason I stop whatever I am doing when someone tells me " I need to talk to you".
It could be a life and death matter.
I met him with a lady having a walk , so I thought it's normal guys talk. I don't overlook such before, don't know what happened in this case, my inner man even told me but I was too stubborn.
I've learnt my lesson, will adjust myself.
Thanks. Am grateful.

1 Like

Re: How I Almost Let My Friend Commits Suicide by Chicagoesontop: 11:26pm On Mar 31, 2016
OlujobaSamuel:
Sunday, 27th of April, I was on my way out about 6:30pm, met a friend of mine walking with a lady, after exchanging pleasantries, he informed me that he wants to see me, which I told him to check on me at night or the next day, that I need to get some stuffs before returning back to my base on Tuesday morning, which he obliged, not knowing that could have been my last encounter with him as a living being.
I got back home early because the store I went to is closed for the day, I had urge to check on him that night but I declined and choose to wait till the next day. Early morning of 28th(Monday), these feelings came again, but I ignored since I still have the whole day to go out at my convenience.
About 3pm on Monday, I went out with the motive of seeing him that afternoon, I passed by a hospital with so many people in the compound, I saw his mum at the entrance, my mind went straight to him, so I called a guy that I know coming towards the hospital and I asked, is it "ALE" that's in the hospital, he said yes, that he just heard that he tried committing suicide but was found before he gave up the ghost.
I was told he had issues with his mum running to days or probably weeks, don't know how long, so he apologized to the mum that Sunday morning and cleaned up his wears and his room, with no hint of any ugly event noticed, his mum forgives him and prayed for him. He was also found by her mum when she was not comfortable where she was sitting in her shop, so she decides to go into his room, which she rarely does, but found the door locked and window curtains pulled down, she raised and alarm and the door was forced open and he was found gasping for breath in a noose. He was brought down and taken to the hospital, but I thank God he is hale and hearty today and back home to his business.
I don't really know how, but I think I could have stopped him from doing such because he opens up to me at trying times and I delayed in finding a time for him.
Mummys & Daddys in the house, pls I beg of you, don't provoke your kids to anger. To everyone, pls suicide is not the best solution to any problem you are phasing(facing), try think of other things, you don't know how many loves you till you are no more.

That Your Friend Is A Nincompoop, Stop Calling Him Your Friend, Otherwise Show Me Your Friend And I Will Tell You Who You Are !! A Nincompoop Too ...
Re: How I Almost Let My Friend Commits Suicide by jmichlins(m): 11:54pm On Mar 31, 2016
Angelberry:
Silly boy!
Chicagoesontop:

That Your Friend Is A Nincompoop, Stop Calling Him Your Friend, Otherwise Show Me Your Friend And I Will Tell You Who You Are !! A Nincompoop Too ...
Angelberry:
Your friend I mean
Chicagoesontop:

i pray and hope life does not treat you bad. Just because you see no reason to take your does not mean people are not seeing hell in this life. Some because of life experience see death as source of peace
Re: How I Almost Let My Friend Commits Suicide by OlujobaSamuel: 12:19am On Apr 01, 2016
Chicagoesontop:

you don't have to quote my op to air your view. Thanks for your comment. I appreciate it.
To answer you, there wasn't any sign, he even joke with people which is his usual routine. people were with him less than hour to the event so it's not even a case of isolation from the public.
Thanks once again.
modified
he is still a friend. every member of my family checked on him through his stay at the hospital. his sickness/depression is never a reason for me to break ties with him or anyone.

2 Likes

Re: How I Almost Let My Friend Commits Suicide by Chicagoesontop: 12:42pm On Apr 01, 2016
jmichlins:
i pray and hope life does not treat you bad. Just because you see no reason to take your does not mean people are not seeing hell in this life. Some because of life experience see death as source of peace

Oboyy everybody dey see hell in this life in his or her own aspect of things and ways, but only the more than stupid ones chooses to end their lives over life challenges, WINNERS DON'T QUIT AND QUITTERS DON'T WIN !!! think about that ...
Re: How I Almost Let My Friend Commits Suicide by jmichlins(m): 2:11pm On Apr 01, 2016
Chicagoesontop:

Oboyy everybody dey see hell in this life in his or her own aspect of things and ways, but only the more than stupid ones chooses to end their lives over life challenges, WINNERS DON'T QUIT AND QUITTERS DON'T WIN !!! think about that ...
my friend he who wear shoes know why it pinch

(1) (Reply)

Is Sleeping Past 7AM A Sign Of Laziness? / Is Kissing Family On The Lips Ok? / Media Explode As World’s Smallest Woman Finally Gets Married (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.