Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth (46488 Views)

10 Biggest Threats That Could Wipe Out Life On Earth / This Could Wipe Out Life On Earth And Transform Earth To A Mars-Like Planet. / 21 Overwhelming Images Showing The Effects Of Humans On Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by Malakh: 12:41pm On Apr 01, 2016
All you have to do is read 4 horses of Apocalypses,the Seals,the Vials and the Trumpets and see how it would be destroyed if you have the eyes, but without a doubt killer robots are part of them because its in the Epistles of John, what they are doing now is desensitizing you to them by making them appear as heroes in movies,games,playstation and conditioning your mind towards them,so that it would be strange to yall when they are in your midst
Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 01, 2016
In the age of reason, many have found it difficult to jump off the stone age of religion. Keep saying one day the world will experience automatic peace. Are you going to deny there's so much nuclear weapons in the world that could end everything in a day? are you going to deny there aren't tiny asteroids landing on the earth every now and then? Are you going to deny that in a universe this vast, that there is not something that could flip a solar system every now and then or that there is no possibilty of life in several other planets scattered across galaxies in our ever expanding universe? I am a christian but i won't let religion keep me from exploring or asking the hows? No wonder Africans and Africa are depicted as apes. Just train them and tell them what to do. No self determination

4 Likes

Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by ogene007: 12:44pm On Apr 01, 2016
banme1:
Dry oil wells. Nigeria will be wipped out first.
I certain that one of them would be used by God when he finally decides to bring an end to this sinful world. It is what the bible describes in the book of revelation. The way forward is for everyone to amend their ways by accepting Jesus Christ into their lives as Lord and Saviour.

1 Like

Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by OgaInnocent(m): 12:44pm On Apr 01, 2016
He that watches over Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps!
Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by okosodo: 12:45pm On Apr 01, 2016
islam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by 989900: 12:46pm On Apr 01, 2016
My ice-cold water bottle just popped while reading this -- scared the sh!t outta me . . . I thought it was happening already. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 01, 2016
revelation describes how one or a combination of these things will slowly destroy earth. People just read a book where the authors spoke of the future as they know it and think well that's how it is. Read Jeremiah you will understand how God loves to depict how an event will happen. That's what revelation is. A depiction of events to occur culminating in a gradual end of the human race, could be over millions of years even, could go up in smoke in a matter of hours

1 Like

Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by OgaInnocent(m): 12:50pm On Apr 01, 2016
MrLouisVanGaal:
In the age of reason, many have found it difficult to jump off the stone age of religion. Keep saying one day the world will experience automatic peace. Are you going to deny there's so much nuclear weapons in the world that could end everything in a day? are you going to deny there aren't tiny asteroids landing on the earth every now and then? Are you going to deny that in a universe this vast, that there is not something that could flip a solar system every now and then or that there is no possibilty of life in several other planets scattered across galaxies in our ever expanding universe? I am a christian but i won't let religion keep me from exploring or asking the hows? No wonder Africans and Africa are depicted as apes. Just train them and tell them what to do. No self determination

And have u wondered y we keep imagining these things.? Then tend never to come to past.

If the Lord watcheth not over the city, the watchman waketh but in vain! Somebody actually created these stuffs. Relax, he is in control.
Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by chccho(m): 12:55pm On Apr 01, 2016
Originalsly:
I believe none of them will....but the one that would affect us the most is Pandemic. Bill Gates and a few other billionaires believe in population control and are funding the development of viruses that cause pandemics. Swine Flu....Ebola...Zika... are all engineered viruses used in population control.....and if that's not enough...the vaccines to 'protect us ' is another way of destroying humanity....well...ask yourself certain section of it. BTW....do you know the very mistake that caused the Zika outbreak is the ery one eine repeated to solve it?
stop sounding myopic believe..believe in what u know but don't condemn other beliefs cos u lack facts/evidence..how could u have read all these ten and still be in doubt?
Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by Stanbeto: 12:57pm On Apr 01, 2016
Like Seriously
Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by donem: 12:58pm On Apr 01, 2016
Ain't scared of any of the listed there. The only one that kinda freaked me is the Alien invasion.
Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 01, 2016
OgaInnocent:

And have u wondered y we keep imagining these things.? Then tend never to come to past.

If the Lord watcheth not over the city, the watchman waketh but in vain! Somebody actually created these stuffs. Relax, he is in control.

Really? Woah? I am dumbfounded. Somebody created the idea that there are other planets and solar systems? Somebody gave us a fake idea that there is global warming or that our climate is changing? Somebody created the idea that nuclear weapons exist but probably to scare us. Hiroshima and Nagasaki was fake i presume too. My brother seek knowledge. She cries from the roof top and he that his wise comes in. Don't carry bible to block things because you fear they may shake your belief.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 01, 2016
As long as we all go together holding hands singing kumbaya,no shaking

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by Originalsly: 1:05pm On Apr 01, 2016
chccho:
stop sounding myopic believe..believe in what u know but don't condemn other beliefs cos u lack facts/evidence..how could u have read all these ten and still be in doubt?
Belief has nothing to do with facts or evidence. What have I condemned? .... Op... has put forward theories....not facts... he doesn't even share his opinion on which if any he thinks is most likely....he just throws it out there for us to share our views. We are waiting for yours... if you have one.
Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 01, 2016
Only global warming and religion are the major threats..
The rest have little probability.
Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by Luckylife(m): 1:08pm On Apr 01, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
you failed to capture the 11th one which is 'Buhari and his economics.'
TANTUMERGO007:
TANTUMERGO007:
seriously!!!
Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by chccho(m): 1:09pm On Apr 01, 2016
OgaInnocent:

It's obvious u only read d bible n not other books or materials...haven't u heard or read about asteroids,black hole? Or u believe it's only humans that exist in all the galaxies of the world? As mighty as God almighty is u think he would have created only human beings n the earth as living things? I believe he is 1,000,000 times bigger than that hence he created so many other million things including life in other planets n galaxies...have u even taken time to research the entire earth? There is a lot scientists are yet to discover.. so don't limit your scope to what the bible told u but use it as a guide

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by gamaliel121(m): 1:09pm On Apr 01, 2016
RobinHez:

Robot ascension

The Terminator may be science fiction, but robotic killing machines capable of thinking and acting on their own are not far from becoming a reality.

The United Nations recently called for a ban on killer robots - presumably because experts feared that several countries were developing them.

Inventor Elon Musk, co-founder of Paypal, said last year that artificial intelligence might be the “greatest existential threat” that humans face.

And Stephen Hawking recently said: “The development of full artificial intelligence could spell the end of the human race. Humans, who are limited by slow biological evolution, couldn’t compete, and would be superseded.”

True! Scientists working on Artificial intelligence are trying to create machines with minds of their own!! And there may soon have a breakthrough....

Imagine what would happen if a computer begins to think on its own...when it becomes self conscious...damn!!!! In this age where everything is computerized...

1 Like

Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by macaranta(m): 1:12pm On Apr 01, 2016
Hmm
Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by Luckylife(m): 1:16pm On Apr 01, 2016
Krismart:
Aliens, since they are more intelligent na to come colonize all of us nah, including UNITED STATES wey De form boss for us go hunble
At least US and other world powers have what it takes to defend their countries ( nuclear weapons) but most Africa countries like Nigeria will be left by the mercy of the Aliens .

1 Like

Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by Krismart(m): 1:21pm On Apr 01, 2016
Luckylife:
At least US and other world powers have what it takes to defend their countries ( nuclear weapons) but most Africa countries like Nigeria will be left by the mercy of the Aliens .
What if they come with something more than nuks, DAT will make all of us level
Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by donsteady(m): 1:29pm On Apr 01, 2016
Tell Bubu to resign else I will tell Putin to throw bomb in Yellowstone
Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by chccho(m): 1:31pm On Apr 01, 2016
Originalsly:
Belief has nothing to do with facts or evidence. What have I condemned? .... Op... has put forward theories....not facts... he doesn't even share his opinion on which if any he thinks is most likely....he just throws it out there for us to share our views. We are waiting for yours... if you have one.
so am asking u is Bermuda triangle a theory,is an asteroid a theory too, or u haven't heard about black whole...if haven't read it up after all Google is ur friend, or find out from pilots what's the Bermuda triangle is or rather still try and make use of a space telescope and tell us if what u See is still theory
Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by Alal(m): 1:33pm On Apr 01, 2016
nice one, may God help us
Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 01, 2016
when any of these things happen, christains and others would tag it as the long predicted or expected rapture.....

Abeg 500likes for me, and 500shares.
Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 01, 2016
renegademinds:
what if the world has ended already and we all are living in a simulated reality engineered by a coalition scientist from different countries to try to preserve the memory of human civilization?

When wit and wisdom talks, you will know. kindly follow me, i will folllow back. We need to talk and rub minds together..

You have wisdom.
Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by Luckylife(m): 1:39pm On Apr 01, 2016
Krismart:
What if they come with something more than nuks, DAT will make all of us level
it seen you are not getting my point , assuming you want to attack the world will you start from countries that have the capabilities to fight or destroyed your invasion or you will first attack countries that will beg you to do what ever you want with them but don't kill them. Bro if US are 10% scared for aliens , we Africa should be 90% scared.

1 Like

Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 01, 2016
Nice
Re: Ten of the greatest threats that could wipe out all life on Earth by Glaxx(m): 1:44pm On Apr 01, 2016
Where does that leave God in the picture? Don't believe everything you read.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mubarak Abdullahi Builds Helicopters In His House / Leopard Spotted At Game Reserve In Bauchi After Not Being Seen For Decades.PICS / Annular Eclipse To Hit Nigeria Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.