Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,455 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

15 Strange And Lesser-known Facts About Plants That You Don't Know - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 15 Strange And Lesser-known Facts About Plants That You Don't Know (1727 Views)

15 Strange And Scarry Facts About Death You Probably Didn't Know / 23 Less Known Facts About World War II That You Probably Never Heard Of / Facts About Nigeria: You'll Be Shocked To Find Out You Don't Know 99% Of This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Strange And Lesser-known Facts About Plants That You Don't Know by lycann(m): 8:24am On Apr 01, 2016
These Facts About Plants signify that our world is not just about the culmination of various flora and fauna but it’s also about the unique and sometimes startling qualities in the species of plants and animals that are present all around us.
15. There is a plant called Hemlock Water- Dropwort plant which is so poisonous that it induces facial paralysis in people which forces their facial muscles into a smile after they die.
14. A plant with the name “Selaginella Lepidophylla” or “Dinosaur plant” has an amazing ability through which it can survive in dry weather; It curls up in a ball and later can be restored using a little water.
13. There is a plant in Australia known as the “Suicide Plant” because its sting can last for years and its pain is so unbearable that people have killed themselves after touching it.
12. A plant called “Mother in Law’s Tongue” or “Dumb Cane” has a sap that is so toxic that it can paralyze your vocal chords.
SOURCE: www.unbelievable-facts.com/2016/02/facts-about-plants.html

Re: 15 Strange And Lesser-known Facts About Plants That You Don't Know by Iolite(f): 9:30am On Apr 02, 2016
We have the mother-in-law tongue in nigeria nau.

1 Like

Re: 15 Strange And Lesser-known Facts About Plants That You Don't Know by lycann(m): 9:50am On Apr 02, 2016
Iolite:
lol... Tell me more about it?
Re: 15 Strange And Lesser-known Facts About Plants That You Don't Know by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 03, 2016
I have seen mother in-law tongue in Nigeria
Re: 15 Strange And Lesser-known Facts About Plants That You Don't Know by Ksslib(m): 3:40pm On Apr 03, 2016
Iolite:
You are very correct. Infact, I played with this plant alot when I was little cos we had it in our house. Didn't know it was dangerous.

1 Like

Re: 15 Strange And Lesser-known Facts About Plants That You Don't Know by lycann(m): 3:42pm On Apr 03, 2016
Ksslib:

You are very correct. Infact, I played with this plant alot when I was little cos we had it in our house. Didn't know it was dangerous.
pls tell me more about the mother-in-law tongue
Re: 15 Strange And Lesser-known Facts About Plants That You Don't Know by Ksslib(m): 3:47pm On Apr 03, 2016
lycann:
pls tell me more about the mother-in-law tongue
Honestly, I know nothing about the plant, save for the fact that we had it back then in the north.

I still have a childhood picture with the plant in the background.
Re: 15 Strange And Lesser-known Facts About Plants That You Don't Know by lycann(m): 3:53pm On Apr 03, 2016
Ksslib:

Honestly, I know nothing about the plant, save for the fact that we had it back then in the north.

I still have a childhood picture with the plant in the background.
okay thanks...

(1) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Jamb Form Is Not Out. / What Is The Validity Period Of A UTME Result? / Technology And Disease Control In Contemporary Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.