Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Having Babies At Late Thirties - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Having Babies At Late Thirties (3025 Views)

So, Some Nigerian Women Are Still Having Babies Out Of Wedlock This Day And Age / Is Getting Married In Your Late Twenties, Early Thirties Too Late? / The Best Age To Start Having Babies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having Babies At Late Thirties by fellybabe(f): 1:08pm On Nov 10, 2006
Ladies/women seems to stay longer this days before getting marry or before having babies due to career

but one thing i would like to chip in this topic is the earlier u have ur babies the better.

What advice can you give those who are too career conscious despite thefact fact their fiancee or husband are ready for family or those who are thirties and are finding it difficult to get pregnant.
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by Radiant(f): 1:16pm On Nov 10, 2006
Your errors put me off. Sorry *sighs*
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by naijacutee(f): 12:04am On Nov 11, 2006
Different people have different choices of lifestyle. Also, we do not know what influences lie beneath the reason for peoples lifestyle choices therefore we cannot point fingers too soon. The only thing is that as with every cloice in life : smoking, getting overweight, breaking the speed limit, etc if you make a lifestyle choice then you should be prepared to pay the price. Whatever it may be.
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by Radiant(f): 12:06am On Nov 11, 2006
Naijacutie, What the heck u talking about?  shocked
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by jammin(m): 4:54am On Nov 11, 2006
i shall lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by naijacutee(f): 12:55pm On Nov 11, 2006
Radiant:

Naijacutie, What the heck u talking about? shocked
Ok. Sorry Radiant, I shall put it in a more comprehensive way. I meant that people choose when they want to have kids for different reasons but at the end of the day, they are still responsible for their choice. If someone wants to have kids in their late thirties and risks their health and the child's health then it's up to her. If anyone is considering this and still trying to make up their mind, they should weigh the pros and cons realistically. Here is an article from The Independent London daily newspaper on this. http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4158/is_20050916/ai_n15355818
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by Radiant(f): 9:54pm On Nov 11, 2006
More like it. Thanks wink
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by katherinae(f): 9:52pm On Nov 12, 2006
try to have ur children as early as possible
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:22pm On Dec 10, 2006
@katherinae
exactly,cause there are lots of complications for an older lady,cases like fibrod. sad
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by Busta(f): 7:14pm On Dec 10, 2006
wat diff. does it makes?

as long as u have kids. 20s and 30s is there any complications to em?
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by katherinae(f): 7:54pm On Dec 10, 2006
o busta sweety there are

once u hit 35 the chances are 1 to 365 of having a child with down syndrome, see unlike men we ladies have already made all our eggs before we are born, and we loose one every month, so see how God decided to do it is, we loose the good ones before the bad ones, because he expects us to have children as early as we can, so the older we get the worse our eggs are, u konw the ones wiht incomplete chromosomes and so forth. its kind of like cancer, have u noticed that humans are living longer, well because hte style of life is gettin gbetter, BUT more humans are being diagnosed with cancer, because the longer we live on this planet the more our cells accumulate mutations, wwhich will eventually lead to caner aka LiFraumeni Syndrome (when u have the time dear look it up). so the older hte we get the higher our chances are of developing cancer, breast ovarian, prostate, brain tumors, CLL and so forth .

so dear yes its quite necessary to have kids earlier, plus its easier to loose the weight and looks hot after .
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by jammin(m): 3:54am On Dec 11, 2006
@Katherinae so if women know the risk and consequences of late pregnancy, why the hell are they not giving IT up more often? as well as choosing a mate earlier??
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by katherinae(f): 4:15am On Dec 11, 2006
well jammin

most women want a husband not a baby daddy. its very expensive to take care of a kid in the US so most women would rather wait and find a suitable suitor than, have one at 25 and not be able to raise him properly. trust me women know the risks but the y still do it BUT GYUESS WHAT, men have problems too, the older the get the more crooked their sperm is, (IN LAY MAN TERMS). so it goes both ways, a man who plays around and gets married at 40 and delivers a child with prader willi syndrome not so good.
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by jammin(m): 4:26am On Dec 11, 2006
SEE that is why am getting my game on now!!!! i wont wait till my lil tadpoles become crooked cheesy cheesy gotta set them free from early grin if they land on planet "egg" all i gotta do is accept my responsibilities. For me its as simple as that. Lots of people approach the family that way and it works!!! cool
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by mamaput(f): 9:25am On Dec 11, 2006
Every one should have their baby when they are ready to have one and not sooner.
Nothing as bad as an unwanted baby.
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by katherinae(f): 12:32pm On Dec 11, 2006
mamaput i agree with u 100%. and yes jammin u do have a point, as long as u keep up with ur responsibility then i guess its ok. its a double edged sword uknow, with more professinoals as women, women do not really see the need of men any more, most of them are fine just dating and being single moms. but because they are single they are not able to have children till after 30 when they are well estblished financially. so we all just pray and hope things work out of us.
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by jammin(m): 5:52pm On Dec 11, 2006
I have a very distorted view of women who abandon the home. I sincerely believe that a lot of what is happening in this world of ours is as a result of women abandoning the home. Why is it that women think that they should compete with men? usually after acquiring their "proffessional status", those women end up in unhappy relationships and also find out that most of the men in their social sphere are not really men at all. Over and over this has proven to be the case. what do they do? end up having relationships with guys who see them as money machines to be milked, while they dote on the cheating bastard.

It is entirely possible to have children early and still find a balance with work and having a happy home with someone you love. but the woman will have to commit to struggle with a young guy through his follies, and most women can't deal with that. Most of these women think money first, and all will follow after, but it never works like that.

If a woman find a guy she loves even when in the middle of her studies, take the plunge, dont wait, an opportunity missed is an opportunity lost.
So dont start to mope when you are now a mature woman and cannot find someone, becaused you wasted those precious years feathering your bed for later years.

Ask any woman. nothing beats the sound of laughter in a house with children. Nothing is as rewarding as nurturing a child, knowing that human being depend on you and trust you wholeheartedly. NOTHING!!! money can never compete. so why do women still believe it something to be put off till they find it convenient? i will never know nor understand.
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by mamaput(f): 8:15pm On Dec 11, 2006
These children grow so fast and go their way.
By the time the child is 13 even 11 it dose not want to "be seen with mum",
Any mother that dose not have a life of her own is lost.
Life is not only about children.And you cannot force them to sit in the house with you.
Even a woman of 40 can enjoy the laughter of children in the house.
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by katherinae(f): 9:21pm On Dec 11, 2006
jammin

the world is changing and so does the womans roles in life. more and more women will leave their homes, hte same way more and mroe men will claim to become gay. what the heck do u want them to do, wiht all the gay guys jumping out of cupboards, drawers nad wastebaskets to declare their choice in a significant other. u dont honestly expect women who are extremely smart to sit back and babsit kids, tha tis an insult to their genes u know. plus now more women are marrying guys who are younger than them, so like i said things will definately change.

there is a truth to what u said, the longer women wait the harder it is to find a man, because most of ht egood ones are gone by then and now they have to wait till he gets divorced. undecided we cant really control these things, and with all the gay men living with other men, the women have no choice but to go out there and work and put off mother hood for a while. anyway like i said its a double sided sword, just as long as u jammin do what right and not sleep with a millino women and have a million children, u know what i mean, marry one and be faithful to her, then u woul dhave done ur part well on this planet of earth, and set a good example for other men as welll.
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by jammin(m): 2:49pm On Dec 13, 2006
@Katherinae. Is it that the world is changing? or is it Women are changing the world? i will want to believe the latter is true, and i shall state why.
since the dawn of time, women has alway been the nurturer, the latchpin that hold a family together. change the role of a woman, and you change the functioning dynamics of a family and thus the world.
A lot of research has gone into the importance of the roles play by both sexes in a family. While the roles are complimentary, the womans functions tend to address the emotional stability and social interactions of the children. I suppose that is what make these youngsters less loving and more violent.

I think Women should try and engage themselves early in getting a good guy, and working to make it work. That, i think is the solution, for those "later years blues". Too many times you hear about those single professional moms who control their children,living their youth through them, and stifling the child in the process.

As for me, I want me an African woman that is not afraid to take the early plunge to motherhood. I don't want a westernized African woman, they have already been spoiled. i want a woman who will fight through thick and thin to achieve a happy family, because at the end of it all, that is what truly matters.
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by katherinae(f): 4:42pm On Dec 13, 2006
jerrymania

are u jamaican or nigerian
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by jammin(m): 4:51pm On Dec 13, 2006
I shall assume you were referring to me with that question.
Yes i am Jamaican born and bred.
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by Radiant(f): 6:41pm On Dec 13, 2006
smiley
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by diyobdw(f): 12:12pm On Dec 14, 2006
though i don't have facts but i beileve it is NOT safe health wise to have kid early.
More so you need to look at:

What you want your kids to be doing when you are 60-70? -Trying to make a life or taking care of you ( out of the life they have made).

my own weird way is to be done with child birth @ 30 no matter what.
CAreer is no excuse for the inconveniences invloved or risk of having babies with birth defects.

i actually envy some married women are in their 40's who have "grad" kids. grin
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by phoenixman: 4:31pm On Jan 03, 2007
Having children while still at the heights of her productive years is the best way to go for any woman.
Hi Radiant. have been reading your postings. A feisty girl you are wink
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by Radiant(f): 1:06am On Jan 06, 2007
Hehehehe wink wink wink
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by phoenixman: 1:27am On Jan 06, 2007
@radiant how did you know?
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by Radiant(f): 1:32am On Jan 06, 2007
Know what? smiley
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by naijar(m): 4:13pm On Jan 16, 2007
u seen 40yr old virgin?
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by desiree(f): 11:20pm On Jan 23, 2007
Having babies early depends on the circumstances that surrounds your situation. Some people have kids earlier in life and have no Money to feed them, some have kids with any so called "dead beat" father.

Just do what is right to dignify your situation and hope for the best. Aim for mid to late 20's
Re: Having Babies At Late Thirties by fellybabe(f): 3:45am On Jan 25, 2007
@desiree,i agree with u.nice tips

(1) (Reply)

Am A Russian Girl And Am In Love Wit Nigerian Guy / Woman Sent To Prison For Spanking Own Child / 10 Different Types Of Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.