Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Benin EDC Uses Soldiers To Intimidate Citizens Over Electricity Tariff. Photos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin EDC Uses Soldiers To Intimidate Citizens Over Electricity Tariff. Photos (20881 Views)

Protest In Abuja Over Electricity Over-billing / Made-In-Nigeria Vehicle Used By Soldiers To Detonate IEDs / NLC To Declare Nationwide Strike Against Electricity Tariff Hike, Fuel Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin EDC Uses Soldiers To Intimidate Citizens Over Electricity Tariff. Photos by Drsheddy(m): 3:27pm On Apr 01, 2016
Wonders
Re: Benin EDC Uses Soldiers To Intimidate Citizens Over Electricity Tariff. Photos by IVORY2009(m): 3:28pm On Apr 01, 2016
Donpressman:
I for one know most Nigerians suck at paying bills. To most electricity is still a social amenity that government should provide at no cost or at a highly subsidized rate. I believe the officials of the disco were most likely attacked or threatened was why they require soldiers and police protection. Gives us electricity is what Nigerians will say but even if they are given 6 hours of such a day they can't come up with the money. The so called big men are worse cos they steal energy alot. Energy theft is a big issue in Nigeria. And for those lying that Benin EDC gave them bills for services not rendered. Why is your cable/wire still connected to the electric poles if there has been no light for over a month? why not bring it down already. The solution I think is procuring a prepaid meter so you can monitor your usage and pay exactly what you use. Without that Benin EDC, other discos and customers can never arrive at a middle point where everybody will be happy.

Bro u speak like someone who has been living all his life overseas shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Benin EDC Uses Soldiers To Intimidate Citizens Over Electricity Tariff. Photos by Omonigeriarere: 3:32pm On Apr 01, 2016
Depot:
APC why?

Do you expect PHCN, who is now a profit making oriented organization to be offering free services having known that it has been privatized by your otueke dullard?

If you have common sense, you could have ask yourself the main motive behind privatization of this sector by GEJ when it is obvious that this is an essential service needed by citizenry.

Tele-communication sector was privatized, the resultant effect is ability to make call as low as N10: can you show me the positive effect of privatization done by Jonathan?

I hope you won't blame PMB for your inability to think well sha? It is high time you wake up from your slumber.

Re: Benin EDC Uses Soldiers To Intimidate Citizens Over Electricity Tariff. Photos by Le2money(m): 5:04pm On Apr 01, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
We expected increased power supply with whose money?

Once privatization happened....the money was going to come from our pockets.
...Hmmmm,ur foolishness has given u notin bt a foolish ideas.....so,u mean wit zero power supplies,we shud pay dat kind amount of money?....in my house,dey brought 11k as bill for d power supply i can boldly say dey only gave 3 days out of 30-31 days in a month....or d person who wants to run an existing company dnt knw he or she will do some fixations and upgrading in d company b4 their products sells......so u expect us to be d ones to bear d loss abi.....receive sense in Jesus name
Re: Benin EDC Uses Soldiers To Intimidate Citizens Over Electricity Tariff. Photos by nigmarelli(m): 6:25pm On Apr 01, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

In response

1.In 2014....GEJ privatised power supply in Nigeria, with a planned increase in the power bill to come later on.

Once power was privatised in Nigeria....price increases were just a matter of time.

Or where do you think that DISCOS and GENCOS are going to get money to improve power supply.? From the banks or from the sky?

And why are you blaming APC for something PDP put in place one year before APC took over? Do you expect APC to terminate the agreement...with the govt having to pay heavy sums in compensation to aggrieved DISCOS and GENCOS? Some of you guys need to think!.

2.Even if all our refineries were working at full capacity....we still need to import 23million liters of refined fuel daily.

We also need new refineries.....which all take time to build.

When GEJ was in power for five years....the same refineries were still messed up.And he did nothing. He had high oil prices....and he did not even start building one new refinery. And looting of our crude was still going on.

Why did you not complain then?

Does it take ten months to repair refineries that have been messed up for decades? Does it take ten months to build three to four new refineries? Answer?

And now thanks to the fall in oil price.....and thanks to the past government failing to save when oil prcies were sky high.....we do not have enough cash to import fuel. Why do you think NNPC took over fuel imports in this country? Because marketers cannot source for scarce forex without massively raising prices.

Some of you opponents are so bitter you refuse to think And you call us thoughtless non existent creatures!

Abeg.....park well.
My Brother thank you.You just spoke my mind.Most i refrain from making comments on any form of social media except it is absolutely necessary.So everyone knows,i didnt even leave my house let alone vote for anybody.I have never voted and wont only if i personally know the individual i am voting for.For those who dont know;it has been an upward review of electricity pricing since as far back as when Gej was president(the so called privatisation crap or whatever it was called then).Prices jumped from 5 naira per/kw/hr to 8 and with each passing year they kept increasing till it got to 13.58k or so.I am against the price hike now even as i was back then.So the truth be told.No be today e start.All this unguided comments people make on social media because it's free especially nairaland,they should be cautious o.Nairaland in particular doesn't give you room to remove or delete your comments.Once you make them it's etched there almost till eternity.God bless Nigeria.
Re: Benin EDC Uses Soldiers To Intimidate Citizens Over Electricity Tariff. Photos by AlanSugar(m): 6:29pm On Apr 01, 2016
Na wa oh! All you people calling buhari in this matter, what offence has he committed? What business does the government have with a privately owned company like bedc? Don't we all know how corrupt our security agencies/organisations are over the years past, such that anyone with money in his/her pockets can effectively control them? All you wailers wailing without brains, just looking for any sick news to blame buhari, did y'all read in the article where the union specifically stated that the government and judiciary of edoho state both condemned the act by bedc? Pls wailers, it's good to criticise, but do it with civility if you want people to be sympathetic to your wailing course!

1 Like

Re: Benin EDC Uses Soldiers To Intimidate Citizens Over Electricity Tariff. Photos by ollyruffy: 7:30pm On Apr 01, 2016
This is caused by APC and Buhari.

APC is a scam.
Re: Benin EDC Uses Soldiers To Intimidate Citizens Over Electricity Tariff. Photos by ollyruffy: 7:31pm On Apr 01, 2016
AlanSugar:
Na wa oh! All you people calling buhari in this matter, what offence has he committed? What business does the government have with a privately owned company like bedc? Don't we all know how corrupt our security agencies/organisations are over the years past, such that anyone with money in his/her pockets can effectively control them? All you wailers wailing without brains, just looking for any sick news to blame buhari, did y'all read in the article where the union specifically stated that the government and judiciary of edoho state both condemned the act by bedc? Pls wailers, it's good to criticise, but do it with civility if you want people to be sympathetic to your wailing course!
APC agent.
Re: Benin EDC Uses Soldiers To Intimidate Citizens Over Electricity Tariff. Photos by Jossibest(m): 7:44pm On Apr 01, 2016
Dat idiot an useless yoruba woman..hmmm,evn d police its self will suffer it..hungry police pipo
Re: Benin EDC Uses Soldiers To Intimidate Citizens Over Electricity Tariff. Photos by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 01, 2016
They disconnected me but my Neighbours are still paying and complaining while I am using Generator and Inverter... in a few months I would buy solar panel to add to my setup.

oyetunder:
Nigerians don't know how to fight back! Let them in one voice reject the services of such power provider! Let each house disconnect the 'wire' from the pole! Within one week, such an evil provider shall learn.

1 Like

Re: Benin EDC Uses Soldiers To Intimidate Citizens Over Electricity Tariff. Photos by moski5(m): 9:30pm On Apr 01, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

In response

1.In 2014....GEJ privatised power supply in Nigeria, with a planned increase in the power bill to come later on.

Once power was privatised in Nigeria....price increases were just a matter of time.

Or where do you think that DISCOS and GENCOS are going to get money to improve power supply.? From the banks or from the sky?

And why are you blaming APC for something PDP put in place one year before APC took over? Do you expect APC to terminate the agreement...with the govt having to pay heavy sums in compensation to aggrieved DISCOS and GENCOS? Some of you guys need to think!.

2.Even if all our refineries were working at full capacity....we still need to import 23million liters of refined fuel daily.

We also need new refineries.....which all take time to build.

When GEJ was in power for five years....the same refineries were still messed up.And he did nothing. He had high oil prices....and he did not even start building one new refinery. And looting of our crude was still going on.

Why did you not complain then?

Does it take ten months to repair refineries that have been messed up for decades? Does it take ten months to build three to four new refineries? Answer?

And now thanks to the fall in oil price.....and thanks to the past government failing to save when oil prcies were sky high.....we do not have enough cash to import fuel. Why do you think NNPC took over fuel imports in this country? Because marketers cannot source for scarce forex without massively raising prices.

Some of you opponents are so bitter you refuse to think And you call us thoughtless non existent creatures!

Abeg.....park well.

No need to put d blame on PDP since PDP put it n left Office Pmb n APC can Remove it n Restructure Right.
they should do d needful n stop casting d blame
Re: Benin EDC Uses Soldiers To Intimidate Citizens Over Electricity Tariff. Photos by franconian: 10:00pm On Apr 01, 2016
Ontarget:
What reason did they give for the increase in tariff when they don't even supply enough power. Are the masses going to paying for the government's mismanagement and corruption?

I think Nigerians should start arming themselves. The government do whatever they like because they know the masses can't do anything other than bark.

When I was young, a friend told me that he MUST get a gun for self protection when he becomes a man, I really thought he was crazy for having such thought. But you know what? I was damn wrong.

I believe anyone who could afford a gun should not hesitate to buy one now. In Nigeria, everything out there (including the government) is a threat to life.
Re: Benin EDC Uses Soldiers To Intimidate Citizens Over Electricity Tariff. Photos by jeffoe(m): 10:00pm On Apr 01, 2016
you can only get improved power supply by making the power generation lucrative, then you would see nigerians jumping into power generation and distribution sector, as long as there are no monthly fixed charge, if you have problem with the tarriff go get a prepaid meter and use electricity when you need not want it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Remain Committed To Opposing The Buhari administration And APC- Fani Kayode / Ebonyi Commissioner, Pastor Nwachukwu Beats Ifeoma Alu, Burns Goods, Money / Rivers: More Pro-Wike Supporters Collapse Structure For Fubara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.