Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Reason Why I Open Threads On The Watchtower Society In Nairaland - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reason Why I Open Threads On The Watchtower Society In Nairaland (711 Views)

Jehovah’s Witness And Hitler Germany: What The Watchtower Never Says / Join Illuminati 666 Society In Africa Today And Be Rich+2349073588783 / Jwfacts.com, Watchtower Society's United Nations NGO Status (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Why I Open Threads On The Watchtower Society In Nairaland by paulGrundy(m): 12:41pm On Apr 01, 2016
I was once taking study diligently with a JW woman, I was drawn to her emphasis on truth and how she always encoaraged me to seek truth and question my beliefs. What even drew me to her was something we had in common: passion for the truth. I was reading a lot of your literature and I loved how your literature is rich in scripture. One day I was thinking, since the watchtower teach and preached "truth" and tried to base their beliefs on scripture then they may just be the one and true religion as they claim. Until...
One day I had an argument with her on trinity she said something that suprised me: she said the Catholic churche's founding fathers Never taught trinity, and that its a pagan concept that crept into christainity. It got me thinking trinity is one of the bases of the RCC's faith, from the sign of the cross, to the design of st Peters basilicals the depicts trinity something is fishy. She gave me some literatures on trinity and asked me to study it I took up the challenge and studied it, I skimmed to the place that claimed that trinity was never taught by RCC's founders or apostolic fathers as the article described them. I googled a the quote of catholic encyclopeadia found in that article, and then in my google search results I came across jwfacts.com. what I saw shocked me!!! How the watchtower used ellipses to misrepresent the quote and made it look as if the writer was speaking against trinity, when infact he was speaking in support of it.
Remembered what she said about the internet and how apostate pry the net to decieve the gullible ones. Well I thought to myself why not confirm the quote at the Catholic church website? which I did and found out that Paul Grundy was infact accurate!

I got engrossed to the site, I read every bit of the articles on jwfacts.com and verified them and saw that they were accurate. What I read disgusted me, systematic lies and cover-ups, hypocrisy, cruel manipulation and propaganda. I prepared some questions along side their quotes and facts for my bible study conductor but I didn't tell her that I have been reading an "apostate" website. She couldn't answer all my questions and prove my quotes and facts wrong. After that day I stopped taking study with her.
After then I resolved that I must expose the dishonesty of the watchtower and the internet provided the best means to effect that. Thanks to jwfacts.com by now I would have been carrying bag and umbrella inside hot sun. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why I Open Threads On The Watchtower Society In Nairaland by paulGrundy(m): 12:45pm On Apr 01, 2016
The watchtower literature my bible study conductor gave me. Its titled- should you believe in trinity?

Re: Reason Why I Open Threads On The Watchtower Society In Nairaland by paulGrundy(m): 12:49pm On Apr 01, 2016
The quote in the book that I googled:

"The formulation 'one God in three Persons' was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the fourth century[b]. . . .[/b] Among the apostolic Fathers, there had been nothing even remotely approaching such a mentality or perspective." -New Catholic Encyclopedia." Should You Believe in the Trinity? p.7

This is the actually quote which I came across in jwfacts.com and verified it and confirmed its true.

New Catholic Encyclopedia p.299 (1967, Volume XIV).

"If it is clear on the one side that the dogma of the Trinity in the stricter sense of the word was a late arrival, product of three centuries' reflection and debate, it is just as clear on the opposite side that confession of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit - and hence an elemental Trinitarianism - went back to the period of Christian origins"

The watchtower used ellipses to cut and join, cover the bolded and made the speaker say what he didn't say. Observe the reference was made ambigious so that it would be difficult to verify the quote.
Re: Reason Why I Open Threads On The Watchtower Society In Nairaland by paulGrundy(m): 12:52pm On Apr 01, 2016
Another example:

SOURCE: The Catholic Encyclopedia (newadvent.org /cathen/ 15047a.htm 21/12/2006)

The book- SHOULD YOU BELIEVE IN TRINITY- quoting the catholic encyclopedia:

"The Catholic Encyclopedia also comments: "In Scripture there is as yet no single term by which the Three Divine Persons are denoted together. The word ?? [tri´as] (of which the Latin trinitas is a translation) is first found in Theophilus of Antioch about A. D. 180. . . . Shortly afterwards it appears in its Latin form of trinitas in Tertullian."" (ti p.5)

ORIGINAL QUOTE:
"The word [tri'as] (of which the Latin trinitas is a translation) is first found in Theophilus of Antioch about A. D. 180. He speaks of "the Trinity of God [the Father], His Word and His Wisdom" ("Ad. Autol.", 11, 15, P. G., VI, 1078). The term may, of course, have been in use before his time. Shortly afterwards it appears in its Latin form of trinitas in Tertullian."

Observe how ellipses were used to hide the original message of the source as showed by the bolded and how the reference was partailly stated to make it difficult to investigate the source.

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/trinity.php

[size=18pt]This is not an error! These are clear examples of systematic lies and deception intended to change peoples stance on trinity. If it were just one lie that would be different. Many other illustrations of such nature were shown in jwfacts.com[/size].

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/misquotes-deception-lies.php

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/watchtower-scandal.php
Re: Reason Why I Open Threads On The Watchtower Society In Nairaland by cckris: 12:56pm On Apr 01, 2016
Jehovah's Witness, JW, as organisation, is almost perfect in DECEPTION, dangerous, & sometimes DEADLY, if anyone discovers,& begins to EXPOSE THE SECRET SOCIETIES that support & sustain them. Their DISGUISE is in carrying the Bible & pretending to be religious.

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why I Open Threads On The Watchtower Society In Nairaland by SUPERPACK: 1:09pm On Apr 01, 2016
It is only God that knows the truth, whether JW, catholic, anglican etc. is right or wrong, bt all i knw is that the catholic church started all this confusion personally

1 Like

Re: Reason Why I Open Threads On The Watchtower Society In Nairaland by cckris: 1:51pm On Apr 01, 2016
The sole agenda of the Jehovah's Witness is to undermine Jesus. And they go about looking to recruit those interested in Jesus, & lead them away, by presenting Jehovah, which on the surface seems Ok, until the person realise that Jehovah is revealed to the Jews, as He reveals Himself to the whole world in Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Reason Why I Open Threads On The Watchtower Society In Nairaland by Tellemall: 12:22am On Apr 04, 2016
Omg, paulgrundy. This is serious. No wonder you helped attack me on behalf of that guy.

I'm just observing your deep dealing with the witnesses. You actually listen to people you don't agree with? Self-inflicted torture.
Re: Reason Why I Open Threads On The Watchtower Society In Nairaland by paulGrundy(m): 3:35pm On May 22, 2016
Bump
Re: Reason Why I Open Threads On The Watchtower Society In Nairaland by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 22, 2016
Denying Christ makes any faith in God incomplete because knowledge of God comes through Christ. It brings to question the Godliness of the faith.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Faith Healing Suspected In Death Of Canadian Teen / Public Evangelism Went Awry / You Will Never Take Pics Anyhow After Reading This.. Spiritual!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.