Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. (22640 Views)

No Ethnic Group Can Beat The Fulani, The largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria - Bello / Which Ethnic Group Is The 4th Largest In Nigeria? / Ten Most Discussed Things In Nigeria Of Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by scoleman: 6:53pm On Apr 01, 2016
rhymaster:
Discussed mostly related to negative things! What is the benefit of discussing Ibos when they are usually in the news for violence, secession, drug peddling, ritual murder, catastrophic loss of 3 M Ibos in an ill advised war, etc? Well, anything to feed their empty egos no problem.

You are a sick bigot.
for your info, you and your ethnic group can never achieve quarter of what the igbos have achieved! you are envious because the igbos are seen as superior, immediately you saw igbo portrayed in positive light, You developed HBP with hatred filled in your heart.
if you cannot visit the links and gain more knowledge, then you should go hug a wet transformer.

8 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by BeClever: 7:13pm On Apr 01, 2016
senior123:
Igbo people SMH. That you claim to be intellectuals but you do not know that you are just a pawn in a western geo-political agenda to get you to leave Nigeria so they can enslave you.
No i am not say you are not all those things, you might or might not i dont know, but what i do know is that, western countries mean nothing well for you. The UN does not mean anything good for you. And truly speaking, when it comes down to it, the only people on earth who truly has your back is that Yoruba or Hausa man. Same goes for every other tribe.
I am so surprised that the igbos of all people's fell for the western Trick. The Hausas did not fall for it. They saw Boko Haram and shamed them for the instrument of destruction that they truly were. That single act is what kept Nigeria together. Else we have truly broken up in 2015 as the CIA predicted back in 2012 after they finished their test run on the disintegration of Nigeria.
The Igbo people should know this, We all know about the Northern dominance problem in Nigeria. And every one agrees that something should be done about it. Nigeria is the most strategic, most important country in western and chinese interest.
Now, this would work for them any how we are [broken or together] but it will only work for Nigerians if we stay together. If Biafrans go, you have simply enslaved yourselves.

You have spoken well.. And I thank you for your concern and sincerity. .
But ur point about enslavement, you may not know what we the Igbos have to endure in this country..

Brother, leave matter and don't worry about our agitation to succeed from Nigeria.. Pls if we have not blocked anything for you you, pls surport us, we have truly had enough now..
You need to be Igbo to understand my view.

Pls surport us to go, we are not interested in anything else..

Even if Nigeria want they can take everything away and allow us just to govern ourselves so as to reach our maximum potential...

Any other form of enslavement we ll have to suffer can never be more than what we are facing in Nigeria..

This country is slowing us down..

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 01, 2016
scoleman:

spare me those western conspiracy theories, if i may ask what is working in nigeria, Are we truly one? can you call nigeria a nation? do you have patriotic citizen among the igbos? Even if you have, are all igbos happy to be called a Nigerian? how can you marginalize a certain ethnic group and expect them to swallow it and keep quiet, how can you call Lagos that was built with oil money gotten from the eastern region a yoruba only land, it was a former capital hence it is nobody's land, the same is applicable to abuja but because Lagos is located in the southwest, the yorubas decided to say Lagos was built by them with cocoa money forgetting that most of the bridges and roads we see in Lagos were built after the oil boom, they even went as far as threatening to throw the igbos into the lagoon and also protesting, carrying placards saying, igbos leave our land, lagos is yorubaland, igbos this, igbos that.

if i may ask, were these constructions listed below built with Cocoa money?

Third mainland bridge
carter bridge
Festac Town
Satellite Town
Tin Can Island
National theatre Iganmu
National Stadium Surulere
Federal offices
Julius Berger Built road

Yet some people will say, Lagos have been developed since time immemorial, since Lagos have been developed, what happened to the regional capital IBADAN, why is she still under developed.

Pure lies and hypocrisy!!!

Remember that brick and mortar last for a short while, so give Lagos 20 years without the igbos/easterners who contribute tremendously to the IGR and growth of lagos it will crumble or remain as it is now.

Where is the ancient Babylonian capital today? In ruins

We are not one Abegi, Nigeria works for some section of the country, not for everyone.
Chestbeating coward of d highest order..hw is lagos built with igbo money? go to yoruba land of port novo (capital of Benin) is better looking than lagos..was it built with igbo money?
if it is crude oil, Lagos, Ondo, Ogun and probably Oyo state has crude oil. ur region has got more money frm state allocation as a result of crude oil over d years, ..does that makes you igbo smarter NO it only made u people yoruba slaves since u invading their lands in millions and begging 4 food.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 01, 2016
BeClever:

But ur point about enslavement, you may not know what we the Igbos have to endure in this country..

Brother, leave matter and don't worry about our agitation to succeed from Nigeria.. Pls if we have not blocked anything for you you, pls surport us, we have truly had enough now..

Even if Nigeria want they can take everything away and allow us just to govern ourselves so as to reach our maximum potential...

Any other form of enslavement we ll have to suffer can never be more than what we are facing in Nigeria..

The country is not slowing you down...u people want to go but dont forget u people wants to leave ur region even more..All successful igbos passed through yorubaland.U have to embrace ur landlocked land bf u fight to secede

if u are still in ur region u r far away frm being successful

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Princewill1(m): 7:33pm On Apr 01, 2016
If they doubt the igbos,then they should separate Arewa nation,Oduduwa nation and Biafra nation and set a competition among them on who will be the 1st to develop to a first world status.

Then they will see who is superior. Enough Said!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by SonOfEl(m): 7:37pm On Apr 01, 2016
chowlade:

Chestbeating coward of d highest order..hw is lagos built with igbo money? go to yoruba land of port novo (capital of Benin) is better looking than lagos..was it built with igbo money?
if it is crude oil, Lagos, Ondo, Ogun and probably Oyo state has crude oil. ur region has got more money frm state allocation as a result of crude oil over d years, ..does that makes you igbo smarter NO it only made u people yoruba slaves since u invading their lands in millions and begging 4 food.

See chestbeater from oduduwa stock....u for say the entire southwest has oil na....You say igbos are yoruba slaves? Lol....some people's stupidity has gone wireless....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by SonOfEl(m): 7:38pm On Apr 01, 2016
chowlade:

See chestbeater from oduduwa stock....u for say the entire southwest has oil na....You say igbos are yoruba slaves? Lol....some people's stupidity has gone wireless....

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 01, 2016
SonOfEl:

I blamed obasanjo that gave u people frm d jungle an opportunity to use a cellphone otherwise u wont have bn chestbeating. is only oyo state I'm not totally sure has crude oil others has crude oil deposit.

Come to Ondo-state, kwara, Ekiti e.t.c people dont patronise u no more..we r buying things frm our yoruba brodas and sisters...ur tribalism has shown hw inferior bush people can be.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by SonOfEl(m): 7:53pm On Apr 01, 2016
chowlade:

I blamed obasanjo that gave u people frm d jungle an opportunity to use a cellphone otherwise u wont have bn chestbeating. is only oyo state I'm not totally sure has crude oil others has crude oil deposit.

Come to Ondo-state, kwara, Ekiti e.t.c people dont patronise u no more..we r buying things frm our yoruba brodas and sisters...ur tribalism has shown hw inferior bush people can be.

When you are done using the device that you borrowed to spew trash, kindly return it to the owner..... Obj my nyash.... As if he shared it to us for free....

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by senior123: 7:57pm On Apr 01, 2016
BeClever:

u r not going anywhere because we love u grin grin grin By Force Naija
Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by OneNaira6: 8:12pm On Apr 01, 2016
scoleman:

spare me those western conspiracy theories, if i may ask what is working in nigeria, Are we truly one? can you call nigeria a nation? do you have patriotic citizen among the igbos? Even if you have, are all igbos happy to be called a Nigerian? how can you marginalize a certain ethnic group and expect them to swallow it and keep quiet, how can you call Lagos that was built with oil money gotten from the eastern region a yoruba only land, it was a former capital hence it is nobody's land, the same is applicable to abuja but because Lagos is located in the southwest, the yorubas decided to say Lagos was built by them with cocoa money forgetting that most of the bridges and roads we see in Lagos were built after the oil boom, they even went as far as threatening to throw the igbos into the lagoon and also protesting, carrying placards saying, igbos leave our land, lagos is yorubaland, igbos this, igbos that.

if i may ask, were these constructions listed below built with Cocoa money?

Third mainland bridge
carter bridge
Festac Town
Satellite Town
Tin Can Island
National theatre Iganmu
National Stadium Surulere
Federal offices
Julius Berger Built road

Yet some people will say, Lagos have been developed since time immemorial, since Lagos have been developed, what happened to the regional capital IBADAN, why is she still under developed.

Pure lies and hypocrisy!!!

Remember that brick and mortar last for a short while, so give Lagos 20 years without the igbos/easterners who contribute tremendously to the IGR and growth of lagos it will crumble or remain as it is now.

Where is the ancient Babylonian capital today? In ruins

We are not one Abegi, Nigeria works for some section of the country, not for everyone.

Biggest truth known to man displayed right here. I keep saying it if yoloba developed lagos single handily why is it the rest of their region excluding Lagos is as backwards as it can get. Even worse off that cities that were rumbled to the ground during the Civil war. Let the truth be told, if not for oil, Lagos would have been as undeveloped as the rest of southwest...FACT!!!!!!!!! No question about that. According to Akpabio, the money world Bank sent to fix eastern region after the war was sent to the pockets of northerners and the few actually brought out to fix something was sent to Abuja, Lagos and Kano rather than the East. And this is a statement from a politician that grew up in the Eastern region during that time thus knows Wtf he's saying.

As for Igbo, even the European documented that Igbo were one of the few African tribe that practiced modern day democracy and one of the few that had the capability to advance if given the opportunity and thus far, reality proves it right. The entire SE was rumbled to the ground after civil war..
Less than 50 years later, without government assistance, the entire region is back to modern day growth excluding Ebonyi unfortunately. Nigeria all together that's 100 years old is still as backwards as it can get. Hell look at Enugu and onitsha, which last i read, was destroyed tremoudsly after the war...look where the f2k both are right now. Sheeeeeet Asaba sef, we built our shit up as well, albeit unlike SE...we did have delta governor assistance but we still built our shit up despite being rumbled.

Not only fucking that, look at the so called nation economy crumbling to the ground cause they idiotically accepted a Dullard for president...who did they run to to "grow Nigerian economy", is it not the same Aba boys they degrade daily for being smart enough to make their own shits rather than importing everything including f2king grass like the rest of em..

I mean let's be real. If Igbo ain't in Nigeria...we would have been far above wtf we are in right now....and this is the MF FACT!!!!!!..... they can call it chest beating, over gloating, whatever the Bleep their over hating Southwest @ss want to call it....FACT is a FACT!!!.

God blessed Igbo tremendously. We got oil which their greedy @ss separated thinking putting some of us in SS is going to remove who the hell we are. We got anioma, oyinbo, anambra, imo, and abia. Then Gas is tremousdous...we got once again Anioma, Enugu, Imo, and i believe Anambra. The food production..we got Abia, Imo, River igbo and Ebonyi. Let's not even get started with trading business....hell the most known African movie industry in the world..Nollywood is and was expanded to become one of the largest movie industry in the world because of Igbo. God knows we are better off without that sh1t of a country...the best it's doing is hindering our growth and turning useless fools into politicians.

I keep saying it...if they truly believe Igbo needs them more than they need Igbo then let's test that sh1t...divide that sh1t hole nation, Let's see who will advance the farthest. It makes me laugh the ones they claims need their@sses for survival are the ones eager to divide the country so we can by ourselves and make our own growth by ourselves while the rest of em shivers anytime the content of desolation is brought to the table. F2k out of here.

@thread

It does not surprise me. I'll use America alone. Any American that's not clueless about Africa, if you tell them you are from West Africa..the first question they ask is "are you Ashanti or Igbo". So far that's been my experience and I've been around this country. When I first moved to America, when I was still blinded by the stupid "one Nigeria" BS, anytime I inform people I'm Nigeria (blah), the first question I used to get was "are you igbo?". I never gotten anything else. Majority of the reason why to be honest is because of Igbo reputation during the slave trade (aka the resistance against slave masters), Ibo landing historical mark and also Chinua Achebe book things fall apart (which is one of the mandatory reading book in alot of high school in USA..mines included..one of the books I had to read for my summer reading and book report was things fall apart).... that's the reason why. Also currently, alot of Igbo are making thread for education in USA that's another factors that's growing it. Outside of Igbo, Ibibio are starting to make wave too.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Olabestonic001(m): 8:13pm On Apr 01, 2016
scoleman:

Ola are not being truthful, going by your reply, it is warped with deceit. I asked a simple question and i wanted a yes or no answer not minding if any was comatose before 100bc or 1999.

The simple truth is, Yes, those constructions listed were developed with oil proceeds and not cocoa so i can boldly say that OIL DEVELOPED LAGOS TO WORLD CLASS/AFRICAN STANDARDS.

In life, a yes or no is for feebleminded folks who do not ask for rationale.
Calamari was a capital of Nigeria at a point in time but it was later abandoned for Lagos. Given you a yes or no answer is not right by me. I work at around the citadel of once FCT and unless you've not being there you can't understand that those places have phased out big time.
My friend, you know next to nothing about Lagos state and you are just alluding to facts that does not exist.
FESTAC town is now a sprawling slum, Dolphins estate is now a shadow of its past and many of such places. Do you know what is called Urban Renewal in URP? no matter how good and beautiful a city is, it can get phased out. The New Lagos all you folks are now bragging about was built by tax-payers money and government allocation.
FYI: NPA and Tin Can Island are privatized. And Ambode just ordered the reconstruction of Badagry express way.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 01, 2016
inferiority complex.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by scoleman: 8:37pm On Apr 01, 2016
Olabestonic001:

In life, a yes or no is for feebleminded folks who do not ask for rationale.
Calamari was a capital of Nigeria at a point in time but it was later abandoned for Lagos. Given you a yes or no answer is not right by me. I work at around the citadel of once FCT and unless you've not being there you can't understand that those places have phased out big time.
My friend, you know next to nothing about Lagos state and you are just alluding to facts that does not exist.
FESTAC town is now a sprawling slum, Dolphins estate is now a shadow of its past and many of such places. Do you know what is called Urban Renewal in URP? no matter how good and beautiful a city is, it can get phased out. The New Lagos all you folks are now bragging about was built by tax-payers money and government allocation.
FYI: NPA and Tin Can Island are privatized. And Ambode just ordered the reconstruction of Badagry express way.

Bro I understand what urban renewal is but lemme ask you this simple question, all these construction that you have labbeled slum or irrelevant now, if they weren't constructed, would Lagos be what she is today? It was documented that cater bridge was always having traffic jams thus a new bridge had to be constructed, it took 10 years to complete the third mainland Bridge, so will you say because it is old now, it is irrelevant thus never contributed to Lagos growth? NPA and tincan you claim were privatized, before they were privatized, millions of igbos and other Nigerians trooped to Lagos because the only functioning seaports/infrastructure were in lagos, if I may ask, assuming they weren't built, do you think the population in Lagos will be this much? So because they have been privatized, it is no longer an example of how oil proceeds contributed to Lagos growth.

Bros stop being a wicked hypocrite. Opportunities don't just appear, they are created, oil money created the opportunity for Lagos to be what she is today, she achieved the population because of the infrastructure built in the 60s/70s-80s after which the human resources took over, what tribe make up the population, are they only the yorubas? No!, it is well known that the informal sector contributes hugely to the IGR of Lagos and Nigeria at large and who are the leaders in the informal sector, the igbos smiley

Brother stop lying to yourself, you know the truth but choose to run away from it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by scoleman: 8:41pm On Apr 01, 2016
Ioannes:
inferiority complex.

After reading this post, out of hatred and envy all you can say is inferiority complex, if I may ask what is inferiority complex and why do you think igbos suffer from it because I don't see one celebrating his or her ethnic group as one suffering from inferiority complex.

You are just a bigot, I don't care what ever you call the igbos or label them as, the truth is bitter, I just gave you a dose of it, now swallow the bitter pill boy!

8 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by BeClever: 9:00pm On Apr 01, 2016
chowlade:

The country is not slowing you down...u people want to go but dont forget u people wants to leave ur region even more..All successful igbos passed through yorubaland.U have to embrace ur landlocked land bf u fight to secede

The bolded, should that be your problem or ours?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by OneNaira6: 9:18pm On Apr 01, 2016
chowlade:

Port novo that's known to be developed by the European slave trader is now developed by Yoruba grin grin grin grin tufiakwa for una people!!!!!!! Living in a place does not automatically transkate as you developed. Port Novo is known as a city developed by Slave traders. It was a shithole area before Europeans arrived. Go read the history of that area and shut up. Always known to steal achievement or fabricate things. Tufiakwa.

Who begs you MF for money? Ain't you the only Agbero groups in south? Aren't you the only pathetic people who, similar to noryherners, stand in streets despite being well begging on the street? Were.t you the lots that even begged for money during ojukwu's burial (a man you all hated)... you people have no shame. None!!!

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by OneNaira6: 9:25pm On Apr 01, 2016
SonOfEl:

You dey mind am....remember Osun GDP is largest in south grin grin grin

I swear to you, swear to God, I actually read one of the on FB claiming delta belongs to yoruba. I swear to you. The Nigga claimed yoruba even owned Asaba and warri grin ;Dthose people are more deluded than a rat. It is similar to how one of them on NL claimed Igbo like them more than Ibibio and marry them more than Ibibio.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 01, 2016
OneNaira6:

Port novo that's known to be developed by the European slave trader is now developed by Yoruba grin grin grin grin tufiakwa for una people!!!!!!! Living in a place does not automatically transkate as you developed. Port Novo is known as a city developed by Slave traders. It was a shithole area before Europeans arrived. Go read the history of that area and shut up. Always known to steal achievement or fabricate things. Tufiakwa.

Who begs you MF for money? Ain't you the only Agbero groups in south? Aren't you the only pathetic people who, similar to noryherners, stand in streets despite being well begging on the street? Were.t you the lots that even begged for money during ojukwu's burial (a man you all hated)... you people have no shame. None!!!
coming frm a bush person. do u even knw the meaning of d word igbo? is a yoruba word that we used in refering to you people for ur jungle behaviours. thank God for British intonation that cudnt pronounce igbo effectively like d yorubas does, otherwise people in Nigeria wud have being calling u bush people that you all are.
gringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringringrin

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 01, 2016
Princewill1:
If they doubt the igbos,then they should separate Arewa nation,Oduduwa nation and Biafra nation and set a competition among them on who will be the 1st to develop to a first world status.

Then they will see who is superior. Enough Said!

Well said. The yorubas hide under one Nigeria to perpetrate their propaganda. This people actually think The Great Igbo Race are their mate? what an insult! Numerous studies by whites have shown that only 4 superior races are capable of designing, crafting and manufacturing things without formal education or counterfeit, meaning....it's in their DNA, these are Jews, Germans, Japanese and Igbos. It's not ironic that almost all inventions in the world are by these races.

I have told them, if you are man enough to compete with the Igbos, then let's separate. I swear between God and man, Biiiafran made aircraft will be encircling Oduowistan daily like Israeli encircles Arabs as a show of might and superiority.

THE DAY NIGERIA WILL BREAK, THE REST OF THE TRIBES IN NIGERIA WILL KNOW THAT YORUBAS ARE WORST THAN HAUSA-FULANI ALAMAJIRI....MARK MY WORD!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Olabestonic001(m): 10:09pm On Apr 01, 2016
scoleman:

Bro I understand what urban renewal is but lemme ask you this simple question, all these construction that you have labbeled slum or irrelevant now, if they weren't constructed, would Lagos be what she is today? It was documented that cater bridge was always having traffic jams thus a new bridge had to be constructed, it took 10 years to complete the third mainland Bridge, so will you say because it is old now, it is irrelevant thus not contributing to Lagos growth? NPA and tincan you claim were privatized, before they were privatized, millions of igbos and other Nigerians trooped to Lagos because the only functioning seaports were in lagos, if I may ask, assuming they weren't built, do you think the population in Lagos will be this much? So because they have been privatized, it is no longer an example of how oil proceeds contributed to Lagos growth.

Bros stop being a wicked hypocrite. Opportunities don't just appear, they are created, oil money created the opportunity for Lagos to be what she is today, she achieved the population because of the infrastructure built in the 60s/70s-80s after which the human resources took over, what tribe make up the population, are they only the yoruba's No!, it is well known that the informal sector contributes hugely to the igr of Lagos and Nigeria at large and who are the leaders in the informal sector, the igbos smiley

Brother stop lying to yourself, you know the truth but choose to run away from it.

You must really believe your self delusions so much sir. Do you see what Willie Obiano is doing in Anambra? I know folks like you will one day say that Anambra was built with Federal Allocation if Nigeria resorts to to true federalism. Honestly, people like you are heavily confused and believed their lies so much that it sound true to themselves only. Do you know Mobolaji Johnson? The man that built most cities in Lagos? What of Samsondeen Lawal? or Lateef Jakande? What of Gbolahan Mudashiru? What of Raji Rasaq? Do you know Ndubisi Kanu? All these men built Lagos and not such phantom oil money. These were men who built one thing or the other in Lagos state. Your claims that Lagos is built of oil is delusional, naive, malicious and bitter-full. Lagos is a strategic, progressive and blessed land. Like it or not, Lagos is the heartbeat of Yoruba land and no blackmailing or it's brothers would change it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by AmuDimpka: 10:36pm On Apr 01, 2016
chowlade:

So Igbo land is not populated again while osun us thriving ...we kee our economy and get chunk if others

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by AmuDimpka: 10:43pm On Apr 01, 2016
Olabestonic001:

You must really believe your self delusions so much sir. Do you see what Willie Obiano is doing in Anambra? I know folks like you will one day say that Anambra was built with Federal Allocation if Nigeria resorts to to true federalism. Honestly, people like you are heavily confused and believed their lies so much that it sound true to themselves only. Do you know Mobolaji Johnson? The man that built most cities in Lagos? What of Samsondeen Lawal? or Lateef Jakande? What of Gbolahan Mudashiru? What of Raji Rasaq? Do you know Ndubisi Kanu? All these men built Lagos and not such phantom oil money. These were men who built one thing or the other in Lagos state. Your claims that Lagos is built of oil is delusional, naive, malicious and bitter-full. Lagos is a strategic, progressive and blessed land. Like it or not, Lagos is the heartbeat of Yoruba land and no blackmailing or it's brothers would change it.

It's no more Ibadan or ife...Na wa .such a no man land even the awori and egun who owns Lagos said they are not Yoruba even tapa peeps

Tomorrow gwari people will say they built Abuja

Ife and Ibadan is heartbeat of Yoruba
Lagos was built with oil proceeds not gbegiri ati ewedu money

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by scoleman: 10:58pm On Apr 01, 2016
Olabestonic001:

You claim lagos is the heartbeat of yorubaland, if tomorrow, the northerners say abuja is the heartbeat of the north, because it is situated in the north does it make them correct? Every capital in the world are treated specially, Funds are poured into her development and Lagos was no different. You are filled with hypocrisy, Igbos are not dragging lagos with the yorubas, I as an igbo man is proud of what enugu is today, Amongst the regional capitals in nigeria, she is the only one that kept to the masterplan, Thus making her in the same class with Abuja in terms of planning, But what can be said of ibadan? the regional capital of yorubaland, ibadan is so unplanned and unkempt. since you claim yorubas developed Lagos, why wasn't the same development replicated in the regional capital? Lol The truth is staring at you but all you do is to drift from side to side, i'm done educating you. Good Night Ola.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Olabestonic001(m): 11:02pm On Apr 01, 2016
AmuDimpka:

It's no more Ibadan or ife...Na wa .such a no man land even the awori and egun who owns Lagos said they are not Yoruba even tapa peeps

Tomorrow gwari people will say they built Abuja

Ife and Ibadan is heartbeat of Yoruba
Lagos was built with oil proceeds not gbegiri ati ewedu money

And what are Awori's? Igbo right?
I said it, you've believed too much lies and conspiracies and it has got you stuck in delusions. Great men built Lagos. were allocations not given to others states? Why is Lagos' cases distinct? Lagos like and accommodates any person with a creative mind. A region of society develops because they have good human resources and not because of oil. Biff till the kingdom comes, Lagos BELONGS to Yoruba's and it's always a strategic city.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Olabestonic001(m): 11:05pm On Apr 01, 2016
scoleman:

Lol, I just gave you points but all you do is to drift from side to side, i'm done educating you. Good Night Ola.

Running away when points proves to be superior to yours is the height of cowardice. Can you debunk any of such points I made?
Why try bold-face while running away sir?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by AmuDimpka: 11:08pm On Apr 01, 2016
Olabestonic001:

And what are Awori's? Igbo right?
I said it, you've believed too much lies and conspiracies and it has got you stuck in delusions. Great men built Lagos. were allocations not given to others states? Why is Lagos' cases distinct? Lagos like and accommodates any person with a creative mind. A region of society develops because they have good human resources and not because of oil. Biff till the kingdom comes, Lagos BELONGS to Yoruba's and it's always a strategic city.

Just negodu ..were Lagos not firmer capital city
Were allocations not given to osun state and ekiti

Awori said that they are not yoloba
Egun has made it clear and we have respected the fact they are not Yoruba
Maybe you would claim Creole now

Go back to your states.osun ekiti and oyo are Yoruba

Leave Lagos alone
Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by scoleman: 11:11pm On Apr 01, 2016
Olabestonic001:

Running away when points proves to be superior to yours is the height of cowardice. Can you debunk any of such points I made?
Why try bold-face while running away sir?

i just modified my earlier post mister. Read it

"You claim lagos is the heartbeat of yorubaland, if tomorrow, the northerners say abuja is the heartbeat of the north, because it is situated in the north does it make them correct? Every capital in the world are treated specially, Funds are poured into her development and Lagos was no different. You are filled with hypocrisy, Igbos are not dragging lagos with the yorubas, I as an igbo man is proud of what enugu is today, Amongst the regional capitals in nigeria, she is the only one that kept to the masterplan, Thus making her in the same class with Abuja in terms of planning, But what can be said of ibadan? the regional capital of yorubaland, ibadan is so unplanned and unkempt. since you claim yorubas developed Lagos, why wasn't the same development replicated in the regional capital? Lol The truth is staring at you but all you do is to drift from side to side, i'm done educating you. Good Night Ola."
Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Olabestonic001(m): 11:32pm On Apr 01, 2016
scoleman:

i just modified my earlier post mister. Read it

"You claim lagos is the heartbeat of yorubaland, if tomorrow, the northerners say abuja is the heartbeat of the north, because it is situated in the north does it make them correct? Every capital in the world are treated specially, Funds are poured into her development and Lagos was no different. You are filled with hypocrisy, Igbos are not dragging lagos with the yorubas, I as an igbo man is proud of what enugu is today, Amongst the regional capitals in nigeria, she is the only one that kept to the masterplan, Thus making her in the same class with Abuja in terms of planning, But what can be said of ibadan? the regional capital of yorubaland, ibadan is so unplanned and unkempt. since you claim yorubas developed Lagos, why wasn't the same development replicated in the regional capital? Lol The truth is staring at you but all you do is to drift from side to side, i'm done educating you. Good Night Ola."

You made some intelligent comments there albeit tinted by your delusions. You mentioned how Enugwu was a former capital and how it stuck to master plans and you also compared to our Ibadan, city of red roofs. The truth is, though, all these places including Lagos were formerly capitals and sits of government, some excelled than the others. It therefore can be inferred that it was not because they were former capitals that made them progress but because they had good governance, period! Lagos is working because of good governance and not oil money, the same way Anambra is making a giant stride because of good governance.
No matter the money, a state will only work with good governance.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 11:55pm On Apr 01, 2016
Olabestonic001:

You made some intelligent comments there albeit tinted by your delusions. You mentioned how Enugwu was a former capital and how it stuck to master plans and you also compared to our Ibadan, city of red roofs. The truth is, though, all these places including Lagos were formerly capitals and sits of government, some excelled than the others. It therefore can be inferred that it was not because they were former capitals that made them progress but because they had good governance, period! Lagos is working because of good governance and not oil money, the same way Anambra is making a giant stride because of good governance.

Does Abuja have good governance too? Give me a break! The fact remains...Lagos would not have become what it's today if it were not a Federal Capital Territory.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by scoleman: 12:13am On Apr 02, 2016
Olabestonic001:

Ola, im not refuting your previous post mentioning those who built cities in lagos, etc. All i'm saying is Lagos was the former capital of nigeria, and she was treated differently,and also during the oil boom she benefited because of her capital status. Your comrades say lagos was developed with cocoa and the ingenuity of the yorubas, Now what do you call that, the truth or a blatant Lie!?

Thank you for towing the mature line and not abusing me unlike some bigots on nairaland, at least we have learnt a thing or two from our conversation.
Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by asala1: 12:32am On Apr 02, 2016
Inferiority complex everywhere! SMH!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Orubebe's Lawyer Lambasts CCT Chairman For Giving Preference To Saraki's Case / Nigeria Leads South Africa In Foreign Reserves / Amaechiā€™s Turbaning: Al-Makura, Sheriff, Lalong, 21 Senators, 56 Reps Missed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.