Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. (22593 Views)

No Ethnic Group Can Beat The Fulani, The largest Ethnic Group In Nigeria - Bello / Which Ethnic Group Is The 4th Largest In Nigeria? / Ten Most Discussed Things In Nigeria Of Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by MrEverest(m): 12:16pm On Apr 02, 2016
Aigbofa:

People migrate to where they can find better opportunities, that is why the most advanced countries also attract the most migrants. If ibos are coming to other parts of Nigeria it is simply because they can find better opportunities there.
Fiction! Fact is when people migrate to do jobs the natives wont do, then they are seeking greener pastures from a disadvantaged position eg Africans or Indians doing menial jobs in Europe & America! But when they migrate to establish businesses or do skilled jobs & employ locals, they are called expatriates! During my NYSC year, I served in the north were I saw people living in abject poverty in very remote places without eletricity, tarred roads & other modern amenities yet I found Igbos owning d best & atimes only deccent groceries, pharmacy shops, eletrical or vehicle spare spare parts shops & you will see d locals patronizing such places with their widows might while d Igbos smile to d banks with their contributions!!
Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 02, 2016
MrEverest:
Fiction! Fact is when people migrate to do jobs the natives wont do, then they are seeking greener pastures from a disadvantaged position eg Africans or Indians doing menial jobs in Europe & America! But when they migrate to establish businesses or do skilled jobs & employ locals, they are called expatriates! During my NYSC year, I served in the north were I saw people living in abject poverty in very remote places without eletricity, tarred roads & other modern amenities yet I found Igbos owning d best & atimes only deccent groceries, pharmacy shops, eletrical or vehicle spare spare parts shops & you will see d locals patronizing such places with their widows might while d Igbos smile to d banks with their contributions!!

So, thousands of Nigerian doctors, engineers, nurses and lawyers who are working in Europe and America are there as expatriates because the natives can't do these jobs? Your thoughts are more wacky than I thought.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by scoleman: 12:28pm On Apr 02, 2016
Aigbofa:

People migrate to where they can find better opportunities, that is why the most advanced countries also attract the most migrants. If ibos are coming to other parts of Nigeria it is simply because they can find better opportunities there.

You are wrong! What about the igbos in Ivory coast, Ghana, South Africa? Does it mean that Nigeria is not progressive, or maybe USA and UK are not progressive since we know them as one of the greatest countries if not the greatest. One thing you must know about the igbos is that we are migrants, we travel to look for opportunities else where, one geographical space is never enough for the igbos, we all are the same in terms of business acumen and hardwork so we tend to seek opportunities outside where you can find less igbos, meaning there is less competition. Don't tell me igbos troop to Lagos alone FYI, there are over 6-8million igbos in diaspora and we contribute largely to the international remittance Nigeria receive.

Don't think there are better opportunities in other places than Igboland, If i may ask, where is the biggest market in Africa ? Is it not in ABA, I've not even added Onitsha, nnewi and the rest. Igbos love competition, but they don't like competing amongst themselves so they travel to other areas where there are lesser Igbo competitors. That is what you call business intelligence.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Perceptor(m): 12:34pm On Apr 02, 2016
AmuDimpka:

Just negodu ..were Lagos not firmer capital city
Were allocations not given to osun state and ekiti

Awori said that they are not yoloba
Egun has made it clear and we have respected the fact they are not Yoruba
Maybe you would claim Creole now

Go back to your states.osun ekiti and oyo are Yoruba

Leave Lagos alone
Wetin concern u if a Yoruba person decide to migrate within a yoruba? No matter hw much u covet Lagos, it will neva bcom an eastern state. If igbos developed Lagos then u guys must av been very foolish to av left ur land to develop other pple's land. U ar cryin dat u want to go to biafra yet 70% percent of u ar still lurking around in the north or west, while d hausas and yorubas u claim ar holdin u dwn ar keeping to their region. You pple shld keep quiet and continue to be d underdog dat u ar in the country!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by scoleman: 12:34pm On Apr 02, 2016
Aigbofa:

So, thousands of Nigerian doctors, engineers, nurses and lawyers who are working in Europe and America are there as expatriates because the natives can't do these jobs? Your thoughts are more wacky than I thought.

Wrong, it is because they pay better and their services are needed. There was a time USA needed medicals doctors, ranging from. Surgeons, nurses, dentist and the rest. Much of those who filled the gap were Indians and Africans most especially Nigerians. This is a formal sector, so in this case it is plainly called opportunity and yes they are referred to as expatriates but when it comes to the informal sector there are different conditions that warrant such decisions, it is not only opportunity, opportunities abounds everywhere.
Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Apr 02, 2016
scoleman:

You are wrong! What about the igbos in Ivory coast, Ghana, South Africa? Does it mean that Nigeria is not progressive, or maybe USA and UK are not progressive since we know them as one of the greatest countries if not the greatest. One thing you must know about the igbos is that we are migrants, we travel to look for opportunities else where, one geographical space is never enough for the igbos, we all are the same in terms of business acumen and hardwork so we tend to seek opportunities outside where you can find less igbos, meaning there is less competition. Don't tell me igbos troop to Lagos alone FYI, there are over 6-8million igbos in diaspora and we contribute largely to the international remittance Nigeria receive.

Don't think there are better opportunities in other places than Igboland, If i may ask, where is the biggest market in Africa ? Is it not in ABA, I've not even added Onitsha, nnewi and the rest. Igbos love competition, but they don't like competing amongst themselves so they travel to other areas where there are lesser Igbo competitors. That is what you call business intelligence.

Do a little study on the pattern of migration worldwide, what you will find is that the traffic is always to where the opportunities are. Ibos migrating everywhere can only indicate one thing, there are fewer opportunities where they are coming from.

Incidentally, citizens of the most advanced countries often travel for leisure and then return to their home countries unlike citizens of the least developed countries who often travel either to seek employment or stay for good.
It is what it is, you can't twist it no matter how much you try.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by AmuDimpka: 12:38pm On Apr 02, 2016
Perceptor:

Wetin concern u if a Yoruba person decide to migrate within a yoruba? No matter hw much u covet Lagos, it will neva bcom an eastern state. If igbos developed Lagos then u guys must av been very foolish to av left ur land to develop other pple's land. U ar cryin dat u want to go to biafra yet 70% percent of u ar still lurking around in the north or west, while d hausas and yorubas u claim ar holdin u dwn ar keeping to their region. You pple shld keep quiet and continue to be d underdog dat u ar in the country!

Well Na mouth you get..but one thing is clear here ..Lagos and Ilorin are not Yoruba land ....if you have the guts to claim it get ready for a showdown

Mile 12 is just sample ...you can claim it on paper but we wey dey ground know how far

Now run back to Oshogbo where you emanated from

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by AmuDimpka: 12:40pm On Apr 02, 2016
Aigbofa:

Do a little study on the pattern of migration worldwide, what you will find is that the traffic is always to where the opportunities are. Ibos migrating everywhere can only indicate one thing, there are fewer opportunities where they are coming from.

Incidentally, citizens of the most advanced countries often travel for leisure and then return to their home countries unlike citizens of the least developed countries who often travel either to seek employment or stay for good.

So the are more opportunity here in Nigeria than China that's why Chinese are here ...Oga they are here for economic exploitations.. Saw with Igbo
Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 02, 2016
Perceptor:

grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin
grin grin
grin
grin grin
grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by MrEverest(m): 12:44pm On Apr 02, 2016
Aigbofa:

Have you seen the growing numbers of Igbos places like Chad, Mali, Niger, Ghana, Equatorial Guinea, Benin even as far Congo etc does it mean those places are developed? Ofcourse not rather the Igbos know they are smart enough to dominate those 'virgin areas' & even displace the locals through better services & added value for money, the flip side is that this always brings envy & hatred against them by their competitors! These are easily verifiable facts anywhere you are in Nigeria or elsewhere especially in West & Central Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by scoleman: 12:46pm On Apr 02, 2016
Aigbofa:

Hmm, going by your definition, what about the million/thousands of yorubas who are in the UK and US? Does it mean there are lesser opportunities in Lagos/SW

Mr man stop shooting yourself in the foot, you can argue all you want, I've just told you the truth, if you don't agree with me it is fine. Make your point and quit the emphasis, No be by force.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 02, 2016
AmuDimpka:

So the are more opportunity here in Nigeria than China that's why Chinese are here ...Oga they are here for economic exploitations.. Saw with Igbo

Relative to the population of both countries, can you compare the number of Nigerians migrating to the number of Chinese migrating?
And when they migrate where are they heading to? I can assure you there are more chinese going to Europe and America than those coming Africa in general.
Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 02, 2016
scoleman:

Hmm, going by your definition, what about the million/thousands of yorubas who are in the UK and US? Does it mean there are lesser opportunities in Lagos/SW

Mr man stop shooting yourself in the foot, you can argue all you want, I've just told you the truth, if you don't agree with me it is fine. Make your point and quit the emphasis, No be by force.

If you don't know there are more job opportunities in the U.K and the U.S than Lagos and the S.W of Nigeria then you have a lot to learn, and you should do it in school not on Nairaland.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by AmuDimpka: 12:51pm On Apr 02, 2016
Aigbofa:

Relative to the population of both countries, can you compare the number of Nigerians migrating to the number of Chinese migrating?
And when they migrate where are they heading to? I can assure you there are more chinese going to Europe and America than those coming Africa in general.

Shi t who is talking about relativity here ..I just punctured your lies

Do you know what is called oversea economic expansion

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Apr 02, 2016
AmuDimpka:

Shi t who is talking about relativity here ..I just punctured your lies

Do you know what is called oversea economic expansion

You have no clue at all. You are indeed an empty barrel just like I thought.
China is like 7 times the size of Nigeria!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 02, 2016
scoleman:

^^^ Aigbofa's reasoning faculty is TOO WEAK to engage this obvious fact
Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by scoleman: 12:55pm On Apr 02, 2016
Aigbofa:

If you don't know there are more job opportunities in the U.K and the U.S than Lagos and the S.W of Nigeria then you have a lot to learn, and you should do it in school not on Nairaland.

Hahaha, so going by your definition. The Chinese/lebanese/europeans who troop into Nigeria/west africa means that there are lots of job opportunities here than their home country.

You are full of ignorance and it is surprising that you reason this way. What a shame. Smh

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2016
Aigbofa:

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2016
imhotep:

Your schools should be demolished. I weep for the quality of some of the so called "graduates" in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Perceptor(m): 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2016
AmuDimpka:

Well Na mouth you get..but one thing is clear here ..Lagos and Ilorin are not Yoruba land ....if you have the guts to claim it get ready for a showdown

Mile 12 is just sample ...you can claim it on paper but we wey dey ground know how far

Now run back to Oshogbo where you emanated from
I am frm Abeokuta but I Oshogbo is still my domain! The browns roofs you see in d west is due to d fact tht yorubas were building advanced houses wt corrugated iron roofs wen u pple were still living in huts, even in my village wch is very far frm town, there ar big old story buildings there. I still say it, no matter hw much u covet lagos, it will neva bcom an eastern state. Look for a place to brag wt in ur region and stop broodin on other's egg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by AmuDimpka: 12:59pm On Apr 02, 2016
Perceptor:

I am frm Abeokuta but I Oshogbo is still my domain! The browns roofs you see in d west is due to d fact tht yorubas were building advanced houses wt corrugated iron roofs wen u pple were still living in huts, even in my village wch is very far frm town, there ar big old story buildings there. I still say it, no matter hw much u covet lagos, it will neva bcom an eastern state. Look for a place to brag wt in ur region and stop broodin on other's egg.
Niwbtge truth is coming out Oshogbo man...why don't you guys change the roofs
Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by ayodele2012(m): 12:59pm On Apr 02, 2016
i repeat NONE!

Can you relocate to the north and build houses, develop markets, and even develop the federal capital territory from scratch?
can your ethnic group lead in the informal sector? Lol, these are gifts, you cant just achieve all of these things like that. the igbos are superior in these areas, That is the truth, you can as well call it "my truth", i'm not forcing you to accept it but when a thousand agree with what i've said compared to just a hundred against it, then you should know which is the truth.[/quote]imagine an ibo man proud of developing anoda's land cant replicate same to is land,dt means somtin is wrong smwher,rememba dt ibos ar not force to leave dere land,dey leave because of wat dey ar looking for (greener pasture) in a land full of milk nd honey,ibos ar a set of pple alwaz believin dt dey ar superior to all oda ecthnic group in nig.nd belivin dt oda ecthnic group in nig.hate dem dt means dey nid to check demself,dere is somtin dey ar doing wrong.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 02, 2016
Aigbofa:

Your schools should be demolished. I weep for the quality of some of the so called "graduates" in Nigeria.
^^ You sound frustrated. Why na?
Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by MrEverest(m): 1:00pm On Apr 02, 2016
Aigbofa:

You are the myopic one here. What percentage of Nigerians in America or Europe are practising Lawyers, Engineers, Doctors compared to those doing unskilled jobs? Have you ever seen Americans, Europeans, Chinese etc doing menial jobs here in Nigeria? Simply because they feel they are too smart for that!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by scoleman: 1:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
imhotep:

Very weak my brother, And I thought he was a resonable guy, I respect ola, because he was at least reasonable and he sometimes agreed when he thought that it was the truth not minding if it means he licked his vomit but this guy is just something else, trying to defend his slurs against the igbos, going by his reasoning, he thinks Igboland is barren since igbos are trooping to Lagos on a daily basis, therefore there are no opportunities in the East. All I can tell him is "keep wallowing in ignorance" .
Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Perceptor(m): 1:02pm On Apr 02, 2016
imhotep:

grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin
grin grin
grin
grin grin
grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin
Bhahahahaha... d painful part is dat wen d igbos ar finally granted biafra(illusion) d only thing dat will return wt d igbo migrant is his red cap...bwawawawa
Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 02, 2016
scoleman:

Hahaha, so going by your definition. The Chinese/lebanese/europeans who troop into Nigeria/west africa means that there are lots of job opportunities here than their home country.

You are full of ignorance and it is surprising that you reason this way. What a shame. Smh

People move to where they can find opportunities that is a fact. You need to compare the numbers of Europeans who are relocating to West Africa and the numbers of West Africans who are relocating to Europe.
You can twist it all you want, facts are facts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Apr 02, 2016
Perceptor:

Bhahahahaha... d painful part is dat wen d igbos ar finally granted biafra(illusion) d only thing dat will return wt d igbo migrant is his red cap...bwawawawa
Like this abi ==>
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 02, 2016
scoleman:

Very weak my brother, And I thought he was a resonable guy, I respect ola, because he was at least reasonable and he sometimes agreed when he thought that it was the truth not minding if it means he licked his vomit but this guy is just something else, trying to defend his slurs against the igbos, going by his reasoning, he thinks Igboland is barren since igbos are trooping to Lagos on a daily basis, therefore there are no opportunities in the East. All I can tell him is "keep wallowing in ignorance" .

It is what it is. I didn't expect you to agree with me on anything because you generally see things in an upside down way.
You argue against logic and we all know that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 02, 2016
imhotep:

^^ You sound frustrated. Why na?

Your idiocy, my friend.
Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by scoleman: 1:09pm On Apr 02, 2016
imhotep:

Like this abi ==>
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Just take a look at them, jobless cunts who are so disturbed by the igbos because they told them the truth, why didn't they say all these when they were using the oil gotten from the Eastern region to develop Lagos.

Yorubas are two faced hypocrites, FYI the biggest oil producing LGA in Nigeria is an Igbo community in Rivers. Oyigbo/ndoki is Igboland and there is nothing anyone can do about it no matter how you twist facts

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Most Discussed African Ethnic Group On Earth. by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 02, 2016
100Cents:
No be for mouth.

Igbos are blest.
In ademusiwa's voice "Igbos are blest". Lol it is blessed o not blest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Bala Mohammed Appoints Special Assistant On “Unmarried Women” Affairs / Police Invade IPOB/ESN Camp In Ebonyi, Kill 3 Gunmen, Recover Ammunitions / 2023 Election: El-Rufai Will Betray You – Deji Adeyanju Warns Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.